CENTER FOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH Employee Reviews

Biased, Discriminatory, Gossip Queens.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 29, 2016
This place is very unprofessional. Their mission is not to help patients, their mission is about MONEY. They treat their staff terrible and the nurses are lazy and are very biased. The nurses are very "clicky" and do a lot of whispering. The management is very very unprofessional and treat their staff very poorly.
Pros
Off by 1
Cons
unprofessional, biased, money hungry, clicky nurses.
I love it
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 4, 2016
You get in a routine. There are good and bad days like any place. The clients are all very diverse and their personalities surely show it. The staff is great. It's a very fun working environment. You are off so early during the day, and have plenty of time to do things after work, or work a second job.
Pros
Off by 1pm!, paid holidays, paid time off starting after 90 days
Cons
Staff changes out frequently
A huge joke
Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 5, 2016
Let me start by saying that the job may be rewarding in that you help people or at least try to help people. The pay is good. I learned more about shady workers and a manager who seems to pick favorites. I guess they worked hard. I may not have been a good “fit” for the position. I was told this on my last day. However, the support is nothing. They do not believe in second chances. I understand this is an internship. But that does not mean you can push aside any decent human being you have inside of you. I guess that is mush. I was told what my mistakes were rather than how to better myself if another opportunity arose again. No support no respect. Having a piece of paper with your name on a door leading to a desk does not classify a job as worthy. It seemed like I had more enemies than friends. They did not care about me. Well, they do not have to since that is not in their job description. Best part of the job was clocking out and leaving.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
No support, no respect
Very Lazy invested nurses
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 1, 2016
They are looking for nurses to work non-stop while they have their windows closed to do other nursing duties but while doing that can eat their lunch in peace, chat among each other, shop online and get on facebook while the other nurses are working and getting no help.

The pay is $17.50 and so not worth what you do. The training is poor and DON does not stand up for her nurses. There are so much more rewarding and fulfilling jobs out there better than here.

Benefits cost you an arm and leg and is only medical and dental.
Pros
off by 12:45pm
Cons
poor pay, work short staffed, poor training, bad attitudes
Good Atmosphere
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 28, 2016
Center for Behavioral Health Services is a small staff of 11, which was very client oriented. I enjoyed the staff and supervisors.
Pros
Work schedule & Holidays
Cons
location
Lpn
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 19, 2016
Owners are only concerned with their bottom line. Facility is dirty. One of the doctors lost his license in other states due to inappropriately touching patients.
Pros
Off by noon.
Cons
Short staffed. LOW compensation. Poorly trained managers.
Working with patients is enjoyable ,sometimes the culture takes away from the job
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 14, 2016
Direct management at this location struggles with handling cross generational management. This can create a less than enjoyable culture to work in at times. The job itself is very rewarding though.
Fast paced, great experience, but poor management
Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2015
Early hours 5-noon
Many responsibilities outside of job description
Great co-workers and clinical supervisors
Management micromanages and likes to hand out responsibilities-- not helpful.
The paperwork is intense, this position should be entitled "Case Management" as there is more paperwork than actual counseling.
Pros
Fair wage for starting in the field, the other counselors are welcoming
Cons
paperwork is majority of job, not counseling.
somewhat unprofessional
LPN (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RIDecember 26, 2015
Dispensed methadone to patients.
Ensured accountability of medication.
Assisted with screening of clients.
Worked with counselors regarding clients.
learned management techniques
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 1, 2015
conducted chart audits
counseling sessions with patients
learned about medicated assisted treatment
managed counselors
worked with different agencies within the community
Pros
working with the patients
Cons
being middle management can be difficult at times
It is a high-level stress job.
Addiction Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KyAugust 3, 2015
I am not able to discuss aspects of my job due to confidentiality reasons. I will say that I learned to become more organized and enjoyed working with my co-workers. The management team was supportive.
The clients make the environment rewarding.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 17, 2015
The clients make the environment rewarding. Employees face many challenges, particularly multi-tasking and prioritization. Good learning opportunity for those interested in behavioral health field. Staff have left/changed many times since beginning there. Hardest part of job problem resolution. Most enjoyable, ditto.
Pros
learning opportunity
Cons
schedule very demanding
I highly enjoy working as an addiction counselor and working for the Center for Behavioral Health.
Addiction Counselor (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 1, 2014
I work as an addiction counselor at the Center for Behavioral Health. I manage an average case load of 70 patients. A typical day would consist of individual counseling, treatment planning, discharge planning, conducting biopsychosocial assessments, and case management duties. I enjoy working with this population because I feel we offer services to our patients which greatly impacts their lives and offers them the skills necessary for them to regain control of their lives. I work in a very fast-paced environment where multitasking is essential.
Not treatment oriented, too census oriented
Staff (Former Employee) –  Northern NevadaDecember 6, 2012
For being an outpatient methadone clinic, the focus is not on treatment, it's more about keeping good census numbers. Management is good at a local clinic level but the company overall constantly changes expectations or policies. The company does not provide necessary resources to run a company. Staff has to supply their own computers but are required to complete a large volume of paperwork. Caseloads are too large to effectively provide counseling and treatment which is why it's a position that will help you get your foot in the door but why there's also a high turnover rate.
Pros
able to gain experience
Cons
high turnover
Fast pace, met so many patients, fun and happy place to work.
Health Care Administration Externship (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 11, 2012
A typical day at work was signing in patients, processing payments, scheduling appointments, filing, verifying medical coverage, making patient charts,answering phones. What I learned during my 180 hours of extern: testing for drugs and pregancy test, scheduling appointments, verifying medical coverage, making patient charts. The management teams were very nice and helpful and willing to train. Co-worker was very busy, very nice, helpful, fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was closing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients.
Pros
day went by fast.
Cons
short lunch
Early hours, high caseload, poor management
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 4, 2014
Place focuses on gaining new patients and collecting profit even when individuals are not fit for treatment. The management fails to adhere to basic ethical and legal requirements of the helping professions and shows little care or concern for its employees. High turnover rate. Poor pay.
Pros
off work early
Cons
early hours, high caseload, poor management, job misrepresentation, money focused, poor pay
Productive and fun days
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 31, 2014
A typical work day always started for me at 4:00am and ended at 1:00pm. I learned that everyday people would come in with a different attitude some nice and some not so nice I had respect for them all. My co-workers were awesome from the first day I started and we still have a relationship even tho I am not longer employed there. I have to honestly say I never had a hard part cause it was my job and I knew it had to be done. The most enjoyable part of my job were the people and I learned something new everyday while I was there.
Pros
we would meet up after work at least twice a week and have lunch together!
Cons
restroom break cause i was the only one that could run the front office, it was hard for me to get someone to set for me until i finally train 3 people to do me job.
Privatly owned Methadon/Suboxone treatment clinic
Drug and Alcohol Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2013
A typical day would be to go in and manage a caseload of opiate dependent patients, by documenting any meeting with the patient, their treatments/dosing and to make sure that the patient was following their treatment plans.
I learned that Methadone/Suboxone in some cases may be necessary, but in my opinion isn't very affective.
Management didn't really show patient care.
My co workers were very hardworking and seemed driven in their postions.
The hardest part of the job was being and Intern and having a caseload the size of two class rooms, but I tried my best.
The most enjoyable part was working in a clinical setting. It is where I decided I want to find a career in the medical field instead of in social work.
Somewhat stressful...
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 27, 2012
A methadone clinic is a very intresting/hard place to work at. You really never know what type of person will walk in through the doors. Co-workers taught me alot about the program and how its helps people. I left there a better understanding and more compassion. Management not very easy to work with when they were never around or unable to get ahold of them by phone.
Great place to work, Supportive, great team, friendly atmosphere
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Manatee Memorial Hospital, Bradenton, FLApril 19, 2012
I was responsible for admitting, assessing, monitoring, and medical needs accomplished for 16 medically compromised geriatrics. I learned how important it is to sincerely show respect, compassion to each and every one. Offer positive feedback frequently, be approachable and personable. Management was available and also gave staff positive feedback. I worked with an excellent team whom all had the common goal of insuring each client was glad to be there and would want to come back. The hardest part of the job was when the clients had to leave and advanced onto total nursing skilled facility situation. The most enjoyable was everyone made me feel so needed and verified everyday I was coming back the next day.
Pros
great pay, 3 miles from my house, 2-3 days /week; 6 hr days
Cons
they closed. i miss them all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CENTER FOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9