CENTER FOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH Employee Reviews

Biased, Discriminatory, Gossip Queens.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 29, 2016
This place is very unprofessional. Their mission is not to help patients, their mission is about MONEY. They treat their staff terrible and the nurses are lazy and are very biased. The nurses are very "clicky" and do a lot of whispering. The management is very very unprofessional and treat their staff very poorly.
Pros
Off by 1
Cons
unprofessional, biased, money hungry, clicky nurses.
A huge joke
Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 5, 2016
Let me start by saying that the job may be rewarding in that you help people or at least try to help people. The pay is good. I learned more about shady workers and a manager who seems to pick favorites. I guess they worked hard. I may not have been a good “fit” for the position. I was told this on my last day. However, the support is nothing. They do not believe in second chances. I understand this is an internship. But that does not mean you can push aside any decent human being you have inside of you. I guess that is mush. I was told what my mistakes were rather than how to better myself if another opportunity arose again. No support no respect. Having a piece of paper with your name on a door leading to a desk does not classify a job as worthy. It seemed like I had more enemies than friends. They did not care about me. Well, they do not have to since that is not in their job description. Best part of the job was clocking out and leaving.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
No support, no respect
I love it
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 4, 2016
You get in a routine. There are good and bad days like any place. The clients are all very diverse and their personalities surely show it. The staff is great. It's a very fun working environment. You are off so early during the day, and have plenty of time to do things after work, or work a second job.
Pros
Off by 1pm!, paid holidays, paid time off starting after 90 days
Cons
Staff changes out frequently
Good Atmosphere
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 28, 2016
Center for Behavioral Health Services is a small staff of 11, which was very client oriented. I enjoyed the staff and supervisors.
Pros
Work schedule & Holidays
Cons
location
Very Lazy invested nurses
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 1, 2016
They are looking for nurses to work non-stop while they have their windows closed to do other nursing duties but while doing that can eat their lunch in peace, chat among each other, shop online and get on facebook while the other nurses are working and getting no help.

The pay is $17.50 and so not worth what you do. The training is poor and DON does not stand up for her nurses. There are so much more rewarding and fulfilling jobs out there better than here.

Benefits cost you an arm and leg and is only medical and dental.
Pros
off by 12:45pm
Cons
poor pay, work short staffed, poor training, bad attitudes
Lpn
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 19, 2016
Owners are only concerned with their bottom line. Facility is dirty. One of the doctors lost his license in other states due to inappropriately touching patients.
Pros
Off by noon.
Cons
Short staffed. LOW compensation. Poorly trained managers.
Working with patients is enjoyable ,sometimes the culture takes away from the job
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 14, 2016
Direct management at this location struggles with handling cross generational management. This can create a less than enjoyable culture to work in at times. The job itself is very rewarding though.
somewhat unprofessional
LPN (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RIDecember 26, 2015
Dispensed methadone to patients.
Ensured accountability of medication.
Assisted with screening of clients.
Worked with counselors regarding clients.
Fast paced, great experience, but poor management
Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2015
Early hours 5-noon
Many responsibilities outside of job description
Great co-workers and clinical supervisors
Management micromanages and likes to hand out responsibilities-- not helpful.
The paperwork is intense, this position should be entitled "Case Management" as there is more paperwork than actual counseling.
Pros
Fair wage for starting in the field, the other counselors are welcoming
Cons
paperwork is majority of job, not counseling.
learned management techniques
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 1, 2015
conducted chart audits
counseling sessions with patients
learned about medicated assisted treatment
managed counselors
worked with different agencies within the community
Pros
working with the patients
Cons
being middle management can be difficult at times
Client centered planning with an emphasis on enabling, focused on profit.
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 17, 2015
Work begins prior to 5am and you are finished meeting with clients at 12:30pm, which is nice if you have children or have errands to run (be ready to be in bed by 9pm) You will work one weekend a month (this is actually split, so you work Sunday, then normal work week with one day off and then Saturday). Micro-management and attempts to force people to act outside their field of practice. An example: Asking counselors to conduct urine drug screen observation and obtaining without training (when nursing staff is present and fully staffed, they simply would not stop playing on their cell phone). (This happens on a daily basis, regardless of company policy - no cell phone use due to confidential nature of the job). Do not plan on getting an uninterrupted lunch. You are expected to drop whatever you are doing to meet with clients, including supervision, eating, staff meetings or another appointment with other clients, if the clients are verbal or attempt to complain be prepared to be reprimanded by management.

Co-workers were the best part of this experience due to the nature of the job and the environment that is fostered by poor management. On the upside, the clients that are at CBH that want help will work hard to better themselves and genuinely make progress. On the other hand, the clients that are there and continue illicit use, do so without fear of any consequences as long as they can pay the weekly fee to remain at the clinic.

I genuinely loved working with my clients, however it was extremely clear that management had no concern regarding the treatment and
  more... safety of the counselors employed there. A bomb threat was called in to the clinic (staff did not notify authorities, management laugh and stated "they are just unstable". An anonymous type was placed with local authorities who evacuated the building. After which several counselors were reprimanded in a staff meeting for vocalizing concerns regarding their safety.

That being said, harm reduction can be life changing for some and I believe that under the right management and any accountability this would be a great place to work. Unfortunately, this is not the case.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
No lunch breaks, poor management, high caseloads, and safety concerns.
It is a high-level stress job.
Addiction Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KyAugust 3, 2015
I am not able to discuss aspects of my job due to confidentiality reasons. I will say that I learned to become more organized and enjoyed working with my co-workers. The management team was supportive.
The clients make the environment rewarding.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 17, 2015
The clients make the environment rewarding. Employees face many challenges, particularly multi-tasking and prioritization. Good learning opportunity for those interested in behavioral health field. Staff have left/changed many times since beginning there. Hardest part of job problem resolution. Most enjoyable, ditto.
Pros
Learning opportunity
Cons
Schedule very demanding
Dispensing nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 5, 2015
Dispensing methadone as ordered by provider. Assess clients for oversedation or untoward reactions to current medication combinations.
I highly enjoy working as an addiction counselor and working for the Center for Behavioral Health.
Addiction Counselor (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 1, 2014
I work as an addiction counselor at the Center for Behavioral Health. I manage an average case load of 70 patients. A typical day would consist of individual counseling, treatment planning, discharge planning, conducting biopsychosocial assessments, and case management duties. I enjoy working with this population because I feel we offer services to our patients which greatly impacts their lives and offers them the skills necessary for them to regain control of their lives. I work in a very fast-paced environment where multitasking is essential.
patients are always great to work with
Lpn (Former Employee) –  shreveportOctober 16, 2014
i wouldn't advise no one to work for this company unless you deal with a supervisor who can't speak up for herself or the employees
Pros
Off by 1pm everyday
Cons
Early morning hours and the supervisor April Gilchrist sucks!!!
Do not reccomend
Substance abuse (Former Employee) –  ArizonaAugust 24, 2014
Job not worth the little money paid. The hours are not fun to work. Agency very unorganized. The amount of paperwork is crazy.
Pros
Cons
Mo breaks and being micromanaged
Fast paced high energy clinic with really great co-workers
Dispensing Nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 31, 2014
On a typical day i would assist in dispensing Methadone and Suboxone to patients who are in treatment for opioid addiction. Provide therapeutic communication to aide in the quality of care my patients received. I learned a lot about a whole new population of patients, how to approach them, what to say, what not to say. i also learned a lot about the process of addiction and also withdrawls. My co-workers are amazing, very much of a team experience, all of us working together towards the same goal, patient success and patient care. the hardest part of the job was waking up so early, i would have to be at work from 4:30 am to 1:00pm, at first it was hard to get on the right sleep schedule, but i got a hang of it after a while. The most enjoyable is the relationships i have formed with my patients, a lot of them have problems with trust and feeling comfortable and i had a lot of them tell me they enjoyed my presence and care i provided.
Pros
co-workers, hours, management support
Cons
hours, breaks, location
Productive and fun days
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 31, 2014
A typical work day always started for me at 4:00am and ended at 1:00pm. I learned that everyday people would come in with a different attitude some nice and some not so nice I had respect for them all. My co-workers were awesome from the first day I started and we still have a relationship even tho I am not longer employed there. I have to honestly say I never had a hard part cause it was my job and I knew it had to be done. The most enjoyable part of my job were the people and I learned something new everyday while I was there.
Pros
We would meet up after work at least twice a week and have lunch together!
Cons
Restroom Break cause I was the only one that could run the front office, it was hard for me to get someone to set for me until I finally train 3 people to do me job.
Early hours, high caseload, poor management
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 4, 2014
Place focuses on gaining new patients and collecting profit even when individuals are not fit for treatment. The management fails to adhere to basic ethical and legal requirements of the helping professions and shows little care or concern for its employees. High turnover rate. Poor pay.
Pros
Off work early
Cons
early hours, high caseload, poor management, job misrepresentation, money focused, poor pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CENTER FOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9