Center for Creative Leadership Employee Reviews in United States

Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Park, KSMarch 28, 2016
- Very hands-on
- Enable to have observation during leadership classes are held
- Learnt different backgrounds of individuals from various industries
Pros
Social networking from various organisations
Cons
Static role
Innovative and cutting edge leadership education
Administration (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2015
CCL is a wonderful place to work at. Challenging, innovative, with an investment in employees and there development and advancement within the company.
Great Company
Associate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro ncJanuary 12, 2015
Very good company to work for. Company very people orented. Very challenging and caring company for its employes. Strong back ground in leadership
Excellent work environment comprised of both talented and educated professionals from diverse backgrounds.
Digital Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 25, 2014
Responsibilities included but were not limited to:

• Assisted with maintaining companies web content
- Regularly uploaded leadership related content to Blog site
- Regularly uploaded writing content to site via internal Author’s
Pros
great cafe, college like work atmosphere
Great place to work, but maxed out!
Executive Chef/Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 8, 2014
Overall it is a great company to work for if you are ready to settle down or need a change of pace in your work life balance. We typically feed 300-350 people a day. Our food would be classified as high-end business dining.
Pros
complete control over menus, unlimited abiliby to creat, great management
Cons
i have maxed out in my upward movement
Productive work place
PROJECT MANAGER/OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE - COACHING (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 20, 2014
Retention of employees is great
Great benefits
Family oriented
Flexible work routine
Database Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 5, 2014
Typical work day is filled with Sprint PBI's and release/sprint planning with priority given to Production support always.
Culture Kills
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 3, 2013
In this company culture eats strategy for breakfast - and they are always hungry.
Well respected company in the field of individual leadership development.
Program Coordinator and Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 21, 2012
Working here provided a rare opportunity to be introspective and observe some of the best leaders around the globe.
Beautiful Location in Greensboro, Good Job Depends on Your Manager
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 22, 2012
I had many great co-workers, and some not-so-great. Your enjoyment of your job depends heavily on your manager, and his or her manager. I had many, many (over 20) years of experience there, most of it happy and challenging.

That all changed after my second manager left the company. All of the support, encouragement, and advice of my first two managers dried up. I was left to fend for myself in a hyper-political world in which I did not flourish. I could see and understand the politics, but I could not behave in that way. I continued to manage in the way that we teach people who come to the Center to manage. They pay thousands of dollars per class. I could not last. The only way those teachings work is if everyone in the company participates.

My wedge of the Center eats people like me for breakfast. Are you an honest, able to hone in on the important matters in a situation, trustworthy, caring, practice-what-you-preach kind of person? Who cares? No one in upper management at the Center.

Are you comfortable doing whatever you need to please the bosses, even if it is half-assed and bends the rules? I'm not knocking this as it will keep you employed. But be used to cooking a chicken and calling it a goose. Be used to stroking egos. Above all else, you have to do what they want and hire who they want especially if they say it is up to you. Don't fall for it.

A few patterns I noticed over the years. I saw this over and over and over:
*If you have a major illness, like cancer, that costs the Center a lot of money, you will be gone not long after you return, certainly before a recurrence.
  more... The Center is self-insured.
*If you've been there over 20 years, your time is limited. If you make it that long to begin with, that is.
*If you don't have a Ph.D., your position is shaky. A Master's? Phft. A college degree? Ple-ase.

My experience left me with a feeling of betrayal except from my co-workers. Since I spent most of my life there, it's like a divorce or a death. I still grieve occasionally.

Good luck!
Pros
nice cosmetically inside. location by a lake. nice cafeteria.
Cons
hypocrisy, back-stabbing, yoyo (you're on your own.)
Awesome place to work and awesome people to work with.
Client Relationship Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 2, 2012
CCL is really a family. The facilities are top notch. The free drinks all day long are amazing. Great employee/employer relations. Feedback is given often which helps mold and shape individuals and prepare them for other careers.
Pros
great dinning hall!