Center for Dermatology Employee Reviews in United States

Good learning experience
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 12, 2015
• Received and screened all incoming phone calls and connected them to appropriate personnel • Give a warm greeting to all people entering the office premises • Helped out each person who approaches the front desk with a query • Sorted out and handed over important packages, deliveries, or messages to appropriate departments within the company • Provided clerical and administrative support to the management • Kept a close watch over the staff workings and movements • Acted as a communicator between the employees and other divisions of the organization • Well versed with various official documentations to prepare letters, memorandums, etc. • Ensured cleanliness and orderliness in the reception area while abiding by the policies and regulations of the organization • Updated appointment diaries and logbooks for scheduling appointments for the right dates • Input patients information into Practice Manager program and Chart Make
Expanding and faced pace dermatology office
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Scottsdale, ArizonaApril 28, 2015
-A typical day at work is fast paced and busy
-I have learned so much about acne, skin cancer,
psoriasis, different forms of dermatitis, cysts etc.
-Co workers are fun to work with and helpful when you
need extra assistance
-The hardest part of the job is adapting to all of the changes
our office has gone thru in the last year and a half
-The most enjoyable part of the job is working with
patients
Pros
Drug Rep lunches
Cons
Working for many doctors who prefer different things
Productive and fun
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Responsible for rooming and charting patients during clinic hours
Collecting various samples of tissues, skin cells, and bacteria to test the nature of their being
Assisting in various procedures including skin biopsies, surgeries, and cosmetic procedures
Removing surgical sutures after patient operations
Selling and educating patients on our own cosmetic line to boost overall appearance
Great staff, very educational, stress free enviornment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Moultrie, GaOctober 27, 2014
1) typical workday includes collecting patient information, assisting the doctor with in office procedures
2) I learned tons about dermatology, how too decrease stress, how to work well as a team
3) management is great, easy to work with, very understanding but also very professional
4) easy going, very knowledgeable in their areas
5) hardest part of the day is during very busy days when we are double booked, times vary
6) most enjoyable part of the job is the staff, great to work with
Was a great place to work.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Memphis TNAugust 15, 2014
I enjoyed work there, I felt as if I would be there for a long time. An overall great experience, and I gained a lot of knowledge.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no teamwork
great practice
Marketing & Business Dev. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 28, 2014
very knowledgeable physician. reasonable taught me so much allowing me to advance into an exciting career in the healthcare industry
Pros
friendly dermatologist, very skilled and knowledgeable, competitive pricing
Cons
long hours, tough staff and turnover at times
Fast paced with inphasis on training
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 1, 2014
Assisted with posting of payments for patients and insurance. Spoke with patients about billing concerns Assisted with insurance credentialing for providers. Appealed claims for both medical and Dental provider. Reviewed billing report with billing manager. Management conflicts with providers and managers. Professional environment. Keeping up pace with patient load given dual medical and dental claims. Learning the newest mandates for medical billing practices
Pros
high energy environment
Cons
cramped quarters
same as Summit dermatology
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMarch 14, 2014
same as summit dermatology, center for dermatology switched from private ownership to corporate ownership in 2008.
Fun home care
Externship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 30, 2013
It was a fun job to be at you get to work with people and you get to meet new employers.
Pros
always had lunch parties
Cons
no heat
Busy Practice, Fun place to work!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJJuly 25, 2012
A typical day at work would be preparing exam rooms, assisting a very busy physician with biopsies, surgeries, regular exams. The physician and physician assistant are great teachers! Co-workers are a blast to work with!
Pros
1/2 day fridays, generous time off
Cons
short breaks, on feet all day
Busy and fast pace work environment with friendly atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Extern) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2012
A typical day for me would be to greet patients and log them in for appointments. I would answer telephones to assist patients with various questions or to schedule them appointments. For new patients I would prepare their chart by having them sign consent, HIPPA, and any other forms needed at that time. I would also check their insurance information to make sure that it was still active and collect any co-pays that were needed. Normally all existing patients would have their chart done the previous day with the completion of their super bill and insurance information check. I have learned to work all aspects of my job including stocking and cleaning exam rooms, escorting patients to examination rooms, and briefly taking down their medical history and reason for visit that day. Taking dictation from the dermatologist and writing prescriptions for the patients before we started doing E-scripts instead. I have verified medication refills for pharmacies and have instructed patients on how to use medication prescribed via instruction from the doctor. The atmosphere was always friendly and I enjoyed coming to work each day. Knowing that I was helping people and making a difference made the experience that much more enjoyable.
Shady workplace
I dont know what my title was there (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 3, 2012
Unprofessional, inconsistent, rude employees, low pay, inconsistent training, "two-face" demeanor from personnel and management. My trainer cursed every single day, was negative and showed no enthusiasm in her work. The HR employee texted me when it was time to 'let me go.' They gave no specifics (I’m sure by law) and the manager whom I directly spoke to even re-routed me so that she didn’t have to confront me. Immaturity and rudeness harvested in this place. People would eat for their 30 minute lunch breaks in their cars because they didn’t even want to eat in the lunchroom, odd.
Pros
easy work
Cons
30 min lunch break, the boss was non-confrontational, lacks professionalism.