Center for Diagnostic Imaging Employee Reviews

No room for advancement
Scheduling Specialist/ Special Programs Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNDecember 21, 2015
I started working at the front desk and within the year moved to the scheduling department in which I learned and mastered very quickly. I love the fast-paced and multi-tasking that are required of the position as it keeps me moving forward. I also enjoy working with the people that I work with as they all are able to come together to complete what needs to be done and can throw some humor in there as well when it's needed. It is very rewarding to help people schedule their appointments and to make it as easy as I can for them. I have learned that I have very strong leadership skills and am not afraid to ask for more. I have come to love what I do but find a strong craving for more and have found that there are not many options to grow at my company. I work odd, bank-time hours which make it very difficult to get things done throughout the week before offices close. I would say the hardest part of the job are the hours and not being able to get done all that needs to get done within the 8 hour shifts I work but I often volunteer to come in early or stay late to get caught up.
Pros
Fun, kind co-workers, fast paced environment, keeping busy
Cons
Poor hours, no job advancement
New dept, enjoyable and rewarding workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNSeptember 23, 2014
Traveled to the location where you only work with one provider. Overlook the schedule for the day, make adjustments, prepare & plan the day to make it most efficient. Room patient obtaining vitals, medical hx, family hx, updating rx, and prepping patient to see provider. E-prescribe all rx for each patient per provider. Receive and direct all calls in the pain care department.

My co-workers and I would have to make sure to have good communication due to everyone working out of different locations. Phone calls and other duties have to shared through 4 different locations with 1 MA to 1 provider each.

The only hard part to this job is because it is a new department within CDI, we as MA's had to find out what works best. We were also very short staffed and had to RN or LPN to triage calls.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist our patients in any way possible, watching them get better, patients able do their daily routines and needs.
Center for Diagnostic Imaging Center [CDI] is the leading radiology center in Cumberland County with 80+ employee.
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJApril 8, 2014
CDI is the radiology center with full range of modalities, which includes: PET-CT, MRI, CT, Ultrasound, Mammogram, X-ray, Nuclear Medicine, etc. I joined the company in May 2005, when company's total sell was 3.8 million dollars, one center and had 65 employees.During my tenure, CDI grew to three radiology centers and one sleep diagnostic center bringing the total sell of 14 million dollars. At present the total number of employee at CDI are 80+ working in 2 shifts.
Pros
customer services, quality service, customer relations
Cons
employee satisfaction, motivational activities, formal training for each position, accountability, income relevant to performance.
Great people to work with and excellent patient care
Medical Receptionist-Reading Room Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJJune 21, 2013
Cdi is a fast paced out-patient radiology facility with offices in Vineland and Bridgeton. It is a typical medical office. The staff are great people to work with everyday, everyone is very friendly and caring. There is a very high quality of patient care.
The downside of working for a privately owned/operated facility is that raises are very scarce and benefits are practically unheard of unless you've been there since the beginning. But that being said, I love my co-workers, our patients and the doctors. I wish that I could afford to work there forever but while the cost of living continually increases, my paycheck does not.
Pros
great people, family like atmosphere
Cons
no raises or benefits
Great Benefits, Great People
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNFebruary 5, 2014
The typical day as a Registration Specialist was checking patients in, making sure they were scheduled for the correct procedure, checking insurances and authorizations. My co-workers were very kind and compassionate to each other and patients. Management was good, they would listen to problems if we had any and try to fix them if they could. The hardest part of the job, if an insurance was not eligible, having to tell the patient that their insurance wasn't active or eligible. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with all the kind people and helping out patients in a time of need.
Pros
meeting all sorts of new people, pot lucks, family like atmosphere .
Cons
get the occasional upset patient
Busy Place,
Registration Specialist- Patient (Current Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNAugust 5, 2014
Checking in patients, answering phones, scanning insurance cards, updating demographics, insurance verification, working up to 4 events per month and one Saturday, processing all outside paperwork into patients charts, ordering films, requesting couriers to pick up films, requesting interpreters, preparing all paperwork for Sage Events,

The hardest part of job is working so hard and not getting lunch breaks and eating at your desk. Also working weekends and not having anyone else to cover your shift.

The most enjoyable part is meeting new people every day and making them feel compfortable when they walk in the door.
Pros
patients, quarterly bonuses
Cons
no lunch breaks, work on saturdays
MRI (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 27, 2015
Management is severely lacking a lot of skills. They work the employees that are still there until they break and quit. They don't pay very well and raises and bonuses are very small. The only thing they care about is the money coming in, not their employees and how over worked they are. They think it's ok for employees to work 15 hour shifts without a break and will expect you to clock out and continue to work so you don't hit overtime.
Pros
N/A
Cons
No break, always short staffed
Fast Pace, high volume, skilled staff
Radiological Technologist (PerDiem) (Current Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLApril 7, 2015
Work here could be more than most people could handle if unprepared. Upwards of 60 patients a day for only one tech to handle alone. The day goes by quickly, but sometimes there is no time for lunch. Management and co-workers are friendly and try to help whenever possible.
Pros
Great experience. Day never gets boring.
Cons
Hectic work load. Breaks can set you behind schedule.
Fun workplace enjoy my time working as a part time front desk associated good team,wish a did have full time or more hours, i miss everyone here.
Front Desk Associated (Former Employee) –  Waterbury CTSeptember 18, 2014
Very Good company good team, good place to work i did enjoy working with this company as a Part time front desk associated, little communication but team very respectful and friendly i miss everyone manager, supervisor and team.
Pros
lunches
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Chief Technologist (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove MnAugust 23, 2013
CDI was a very enjoyable place to work. The work day was very fast paced. Each center had it's own team but you became a family within each team. If the opportunity was there for advancment looking within the company always came first. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients and coworkers. CDI did the best they could to make all employees feel appreciated.
A truly great place to work.
CDI employee (Former Employee) –  Vineland/BridgetonJanuary 6, 2013
Of all my employers, I learned the most here at CDI. They have a great management team, they promote individual growth and expansion in the radiology field.
They are considerate and understanding. They have high expectations but make them easy to meet.
The staff works well together.
Pros
flexibility and understanding
Cons
no pay raises. :( but great starting salary and benefits.
Fun workplace with both co-workers and Radiologists...
Front Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 11, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company (Formerly called Radiology Consultants of Washington when I worked for them)

Fun work environment with both co-workers and Radiologists and Tech Staff

I would highly recommend anyone needing an MRI/CT Scan to visit CDI for their needs...
Pros
professional staff, fun work enviornment
Productive and fun work place.
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNMay 4, 2015
A great place to work , everyone is very friendly . As a registration specialist your always learning something new . I really enjoyed all my co-workers, we worked as a team as well as management. Most enjoyable part of the day was just helping patients get there approvals for exams and to give them peace that they were taken care of.
Give a patient a great customer service experience
Front Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLSeptember 24, 2014
Steer clear
Tech (Former Employee) –  USJanuary 8, 2013
Say a lot of nice things but actions speak louder than words. Do more with less, high burnout, low morale. Admin claim they care but reality tells a different story.
Pros
staff works hard and trys their best despite frustrations
Cons
low morale, questionable ethics
Nice place to work
Front Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2015
CDI was a very fun and productive work environment. They followed through on all of their promises and goals made upon hiring me for my position there. Great place to work!
Pros
incentives, bonuses
Cons
short breaks and lunches
Not a good work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMay 7, 2015
Management was horrid, lots of favoritism in the work place. Encouraged lazy workers to remain lazy not a compassionate company. Could not trust the co workers or management lots of back stabbing.
milseading
Senior Account Executive Ocean/Monmouth County (Former Employee) –  Toms river,NjDecember 28, 2014
I enjoyed working at CDI however in terms of job security and such there was none. They pulled out of the NJ market BC they were not used to dealing with a multi-modality center .
Energetic workplace
Externship (Former Employee) –  Forty Fort, PANovember 1, 2013
Enjoyed doing my externship at that site. Everyone was very friendly and helpful with things that I need asssistant with.
Pros
free lunches and having somewhere to park for free
Cons
not getting hired
Enjoyable place to work at
Medical Front Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 16, 2014
Learning about all the different types of imaging and injections makes this company a very good place to work for.
Pros
wonderful staff
Cons
not much room for advancement