Center for Disability Rights Employee Reviews in United States

very rewarding position
In-home Care Provider/Senior Living Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 6, 2016
Excellent company to work for. All employees all the way up are very understanding and compassionate for this company. Nothing negative to say.
Working as a home aide
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 22, 2016
I would go straight to work after college, and work till about 11 or midnight.
Take the clients to and from appointments, prepare and cook meals for the clients, bathe the clients and get them either ready for the day or for bed.
I was the only one to work the weekends.
No breaks for meals.
CDR Review
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 21, 2016
I worked one on one with a client, doing daily activities for a bi-lateral amputee. I enjoyed helping an individual regain confidence in everyday life. The pay could have been a little more competitive with other personal home care organizations.
work
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYMay 24, 2016
great place to work. good overtime available always! there are no health benefits though which makes it hard. love working here
not all work -some fun times
Attendant Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Bath NYJanuary 10, 2016
I help clean and maintain the clients home. Essentially help with the clients needs. Company offers many benefits if I so chose to utilize them.
Pros
get to know new clients
Cons
not enough hours
Great Private Home Care Postions but not stable work
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 18, 2015
Loved working with the disabled and loved my job. I did not like the unstable job oppertuitys, or the Human Resources. Filed a claim with Department of labor on unpaid wages. waiting to here back. Do to mix up and fail on human resources jobs.
tricky business
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYAugust 20, 2014
CDR is horrible if you dont know what youre getting yourself into. They offer no training as they rely on the supervisors in the consumers homes to do it. They also dont necessarily terminate you if you lose your consumer for any reason so you dont get your vacation/sick pay once you are unemployed. I will say that they are friendly if I've ever needed anything, as far as paper work goes. The pay isn't really all that great either.
Pros
one one on one consumer
Cons
you are in control of finding a consumer yourself, they don't do it for you.
Great mission. Extremely poor executive leadership.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 6, 2014
The CEO is parnaoid and vindicitve which affects all departments and their ability to complete the mission. The CEO's mother works there and is mean to staff and eveyone is afraid of her.
This is a Ma and Pa shop that grew past the leadership abilites of their CEO. If you do not want to constantly have to look behind your back don't work there, especailly if you are middle management.
Pros
focus on civil rights
Cons
toxic, vindicitive work enviorment
Graphic Design
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 14, 2015
I normally get assignments every morning to finish them up. My biggest project was Annual Report, it was challenging and I had a fun experience!
Pros
design, disabilities, activities
Cons
volunteering
Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 30, 2014
I loved working with this organization. They brought a philosophy that most companies just say blah, blah, blah. But, this organization believes what it says, they do things to teach people that are disabled to stand up or rather, sit up and speak out when things aren't right. They treated us well, once a year bonus, sick days, vacation days, and even a 401(k) and medical benefits !! For many people that are single parents, it's a great deal !!
I felt I could make a difference with spreading the message that certain entrances aren't great and why keep out people in wheelchairs and those with canes?
Pros
they involve aides as well as their clients. saved the community 2 million dollars (not any more)
Cons
i can't work there anymore. :(
Friendly people
CDR (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 22, 2013
Taking out the consumers into the community where they would like to go. I learn about the consumers over all goals that they want to accomplish. If there is anything that I need to do to make the consumers feel good about themselves and to help them succeed I will do so my part to see that the consumer is happy and thriving. I don't see that anything is hard, yes a challenge, but nothing to difficult do i see. The most enjoyable part is to see the consumer happy with my performance and to see that they are progressing and happy.
Pros
paid vacation and sick time
It's a very friendly place to work for.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYFebruary 5, 2013
A typical day at work was getting my client ready for the day. What i learned was how a person can interact with one another without being able to talk. Management was wonderful and very understanding. Hardest part of the job was having to leave and not seeing her everyday when my services weren't needewd any more. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with her and making sure she was well takin care of.
Pros
it was in her house so it made her comfortable and me to.
Cons
that my services were no longer needed and not being able to care for her anymore.
Great place to wrok
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYFebruary 12, 2013
CDR is a great place to work if you like working with people and the supervisor staff is great.
Being a PCA I help those who cant do everything on there own stay independent and out of nursing facilities.
Being a D.R i have learned case management skills and how to more effectively advocate for my clients and their needs.
Pros
72 hour work week optional
Cons
health benefits are icky
n/a
Transition Life Coach (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 28, 2013
• Provide one-on-one transition coaching services to consumers.
• Assist consumers in maintaining their independence.
• Assist in developing and implementation of action plan that moves consumer towards their goals and independence.
• Developed a collaborative and trusting relationship in order to assist my consumers in identifying their individual values and goals.
Very nice place to work with people
Personal care aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 25, 2013
I enjoyed working for Center for disability rights. I was able to work, go to school full time and take care of both my children while being pregnant. I enjoyed getting to know my client and taking care of her as I would want some one to care for one of my family members.
Horrible senior management (CEO). Yelled, screamed, and harassed staff. Hostile work environment.
SC (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 19, 2014
Toxic work environment, no accountability from the Board.
Pros
working with people with disabilities.
Cons
if you challenge the ceo he will set you up to fire you. toxic work environment.
loved my job, helping otheres in need
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYSeptember 8, 2012
I would assist consumer with anything she needed done, cleaning, bathing, ambulating, and just daily routine.
Pros
helping others in need is a great feeling
Cons
time sheets would get eaten by the fax machine and we would have to resend.
Agency really advocates for its clients
Independent Living Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 2, 2014
I visited people on my case load to assure that they were taking care of their basic needs. I didn't like the neighborhoods that I was asked to go into.
Pros
pay
Cons
not enough training, no support
Challenging work experience
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYJanuary 28, 2013
I went to the patients home, walked his dog, cleaned his apt, cooked meals for the day, helped with the patients day hygene.
Twice a month I would drive the patient to his doctor appts.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits
Home health Aide
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 26, 2012
First job I had where I didn't have to be in a facility. It was a home environment and I had to care for one person and it was good because my individual wanted to be active and go places and I was ok with that

Center for Disability Rights Reviews by Location