Center for Disability Rights Employee Reviews

Productive and Learning Environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  497 Lake AvenueOctober 16, 2017
I worked as a Back Up PCT for 4 PCT for a Quadriplegic Patient w/Tracheatomy that required 24 hr. Extentive Care and Supervision. He also required monthly visits from a Registered Nurse so I also learned how to PickLine.It was a Real Learning Experience.
Rewarding experience
Community Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 10, 2017
Working hands-on with mentally and physically disabled people is a challenging but rewarding experience. I've always enjoyed assisting them in achieving their goals, personal values and outcomes. If this field taught me anything, it is the fact that if someone's mind is set to accomplish something, they will achieve it as long they have the support system.
Pros
Bonding with the people I support
Cons
No health insurance, no vision or dental care
Poor place to work
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 24, 2017
Extremely high turnover leads to a team in constant training and work piling up. So areas they hire employees who have little to no background in the area they are working which leads to the need of constant hand holding. There is no support available for their current billing/Payroll software program as the company went out of business over 10 years ago. The nature of the main facet of the business is proving health care and billing insurance companies that has government rules and regulations that a weak management staff can't seem to understand well enough to follow. It is a sinking ship!!
Pros
Cons
High turnover rate
A good jon
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYSeptember 13, 2017
The job gives me a great sense of sense of passion. Every day I am learning something new because of the clients I care for. Its really life changing.
Enjoyed caring for the elderly women I was working with
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYAugust 25, 2017
I enjoyed working with the elderly ladies, fixing their meals, personal care, and keeping their company. A typical day involved giving medications as prescribed by doctors, fixing meals, taking care of household, cleaning, laundry, making bed, personal hygiene, making meals and above all, talking with the ladies. It was great to work with them. The job is typically easy if you care about people and the work you do. No benefits other than paid time off after a year.
Not Good
PCA (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 3, 2017
If you are planning on furthering your education in a different field than what you currently work in then this is NOT a company to work for because they punish you for wanting to have a back up plan or a dual career. Not being informed of possible position openings before they are posted online even though, you are qualified for them.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Management, Cut Throat
Fun work place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYJune 28, 2017
while working for CDR I had one client. It was very laid-back. Awesome vibe with awesome people!

The main office would sometimes do pay roll late...Other than that...great company
Demanding
New Member Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 26, 2017
I genuinely enjot the work i do here at CDR and i enjoy the clients. The work environment and pay rate is extremely low compared to the duties but i am still a temp so that could be why.
Nice place to work with different people
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 3, 2017
It's a nice place to work for to be able to meet new people. They set you up with someone to work with pretty fast. And its alot of fun also. I enjoy working with them.
Pros
Metting new faces
Cons
Short employed
Great community work but terrible in-house work environment
Corporate office Staff (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 21, 2017
The work that the organization does is great. However the work ethics in-house is very discerning. Starting with upper management. The CEO has no respect for his staff except the few Directors he has as his puppets. Very disrespectful and doesn't appreciate the hard work the so called "lower staff" does. If you don't agree with his way of things are ask how high when says jump then he tends to have a way of pushing you out the door. There are some great staff there yet they often go unnoticed, overworked, under paid & unappreciated. Some of the Directors don't have a clue yet are praised while the managers, supervisors and hourly staff do all the leg work with no credit given. You would think the BOD would get off their behinds and do a thorough investigation and get employee feedback.
Pros
Great community work
Cons
Underpaid, overworked, hostile in-house work environment, CEO is a nasty human being
Wide range of clientel but issues at the office
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 3, 2017
Great as a launching pad into the health aide community. But not very effective when attempting to get information from the home office. on many occasions i have run into problems with departments unable to answer my questions and very rarely do i receive a call back when a voicemail is left with a department
Enjoyed helping others and being active.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYFebruary 24, 2017
I found great satisfaction in being of help to someone who needed my assistance. I knew what was expected of me and treated my client with respect. Sometimes meeting every need my client expected of me was difficult, but I always met his needs one way or another.
Pros
Social contact and being of help. Also, flexible hours.
Love my job
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clyde, NYJuly 1, 2016
Cdr is a great place to work only downfall is no benefits always have option of overtime also if you like helping people apply at cdr
work
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYMay 24, 2016
great place to work. good overtime available always! there are no health benefits though which makes it hard. love working here
very rewarding position
In-home Care Provider/Senior Living Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 6, 2016
Excellent company to work for. All employees all the way up are very understanding and compassionate for this company. Nothing negative to say.
Working as a home aide
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 22, 2016
I would go straight to work after college, and work till about 11 or midnight.
Take the clients to and from appointments, prepare and cook meals for the clients, bathe the clients and get them either ready for the day or for bed.
I was the only one to work the weekends.
No breaks for meals.
CDR Review
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 21, 2016
I worked one on one with a client, doing daily activities for a bi-lateral amputee. I enjoyed helping an individual regain confidence in everyday life. The pay could have been a little more competitive with other personal home care organizations.
not all work -some fun times
Attendant Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Bath NYJanuary 10, 2016
I help clean and maintain the clients home. Essentially help with the clients needs. Company offers many benefits if I so chose to utilize them.
Pros
get to know new clients
Cons
not enough hours
Rewarding work that can be a lot of fun
Personal Attendant (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYMay 21, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my position as Person Care Attendant. The job was physically demanding, more than I could have anticipated, but well worth gaining the muscle and skill to provide the care needed! Working as companion/aide to an elderly, quadriplegic woman with MS was a great challenge and one of the most rewarding jobs I have had. Being the compassionate arms and legs for a gal who can move only her head and speak her every itch and pain takes the patience of the best Mom type! I learned to look at life through the eyes of another human being. I learned to be humble when a hangnail wanted to make me grumble. The management from the corporate level of this company was very lax in ensuring the safety and well being of the patients they were advocating. The social workers were not proactive in their positions to gain assistance for their patients. For the most part, all of my co-workers were compassionate and responsible people who all worked for very little pay, but the great rewards of knowing the good they accomplished each day at work. The most enjoyable part of the job? Having family members tell me that I have gained the love and friendship of a normally very reserved and private person who does not generally share!
Pros
knowing that you really can make a difference in a person's life
Cons
very low pay for extremely difficult work
Great Private Home Care Postions but not stable work
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 18, 2015
Loved working with the disabled and loved my job. I did not like the unstable job oppertuitys, or the Human Resources. Filed a claim with Department of labor on unpaid wages. waiting to here back. Do to mix up and fail on human resources jobs.