Center for Disease Control and Prevention

Center for Disease Control and Prevention Employee Reviews

Great place to work and great to serve nationally
ARMED SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2017
Great place to work. Asset protection for Federal Contractor. The hardest part about the job is enduring the weather. Vehicle inspections and some posts are outside.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
healthcare benefits and should get the same benefits as Federal Employees
contract research associate
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2017
great atmosphere and workplace, would loved to become full time if it was offered. as a contract employee I was treated just as a full-timer and the culture was great.
Workplace at San Juan CDC
Data Entry/ ZIKA RESPONSE PROJECT/DATA ABSTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRApril 4, 2017
The workplace at the CDC at San Juan had a great breezy picnic area suitable for lunch ins, etc. In addition, I love the fact that we can dress casual suitable for our tropical weather.

The kitchen is comfortable as well as conveniently ed.
Typical day at work
Evaluation Project and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2017
Responsible for a multitude of administrative tasks including scheduling facilities for meetings, seminars, etc.; coordinated documents shipping and printing; assisted with program evaluations, project tasks such as performing literature searches using CDC library resources; utilized CDC Intranet; Assisted with qualitative and quantitative data analysis; Assist with developing graphics for presenting data; Assisted with creation of abstract(s) and poster(s): Co-Author of Abstract for the Poster Presentation presented at the 2016 ASCLS Annual Meeting, topic-Sustaining the Laboratory Workforce; Assist in planning and organizing program activities.
Prepare Foods for Kids
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHMarch 5, 2017
I went to CDC Snack Preparation once a week. I learned how to prepare snacks for children and interacted with community members. People were kindly and nice. The hardest part of the job was to think about the ingredients what we should use for kids. At the same time, I would think it was the most enjoyable part of the job because I need to think what kids should eat and how they would like it.
work
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 22, 2017
Im a good worker. They always told me that I was doing a good job. I made sure I worked in a fast paste. I was always on time and didnt call in sick..
Very productive company
Job Developer (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJanuary 19, 2017
Wonderful Company to work for always a team company to be a part of. The Director was very respectful and the job it self made you feel good to come to work everyday,
was a easy place to work
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCJanuary 12, 2017
Get kids off and on bus, give out snacks, take them to activities. I learned that each stage of childhood is different in their needs and how they think. Co-workers were friendly. Hardest part was the commute and not enough hours. Enjoyable part were the employees
Pros
eating with the kids
Cons
the general manager
Best company overall
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2016
Working for CDC is an interesting challenging career. My coworkers are dedicated focused individuals and i learned alot while working there.
Productive and fun workplace
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 31, 2016
Excellent place to learn and grow in your field of science. Learned an immense amount about newborn screening and tandem mass spectrometry. Coworkers were great and cafeteria was overall nice.

Want to know more about Center for Disease Control and Prevention?

Ask a question
Health
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoOctober 5, 2016
This experience is very important for me and enrich my knowledge and allows it to develop my skills and abilities as a health aide. Being in the hospital and work I can have contact with physicians and health personnel, makes you can see the field work in which a physician is exposed to daily. I can be in contact with each patient and that helps me to better prepare me for present and future be a great employee.
Research driven team working on developing immunoassays
SWEP Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2016
I am an intern at CDC as a SWEP student. CDC gives great opportunities for the graduate students like me to improve their skills and knowledge. It was a great place to start your work.
Nice Place
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2016
I enjoyed my time there. Made life long friends and learned a lot. Would recommend to a friend if in need of work. don't know what else to say
Loved this job
Small Pox and SARS physician information line (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 20, 2016
I loved this job. They took great care of the nurses and the education available to nurses was awesome. This job was the greatest and best job I have ever had
Pros
Loved this job
Productive and Great Experience
Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 31, 2016
Led some of the greatest people, managed one of the largest financial management service center branch's consisting of 17 military installations, servicing over 92 thousand customers. Managed 42 employees that processed, reviewed and audited over $115 million annually.
Analyzed accounting reports and financial data to identify trends for evaluating effectiveness and efficiency of Air Force activities. Developed and compiled factors for improved planning, programming and budgeting.
Great place to work.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2016
Typical work day include interaction with Security Officers and conpany employees. I learned you must always be courteous to employees and conduct yourself in a professional manner. Management expects you to be punctual perform your duties and responsibilities in a professional manner. Hardest part of the job was post coverage when someone called out. Most enjoyable part of the job was the overall satisfaction gained from interacting with employees and co-workers.
Great Enviroment
Intern Student (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2016
I worked here as an intern. The environment was very relaxed and my directions given by supervisor were clear. This was an enjoyable experience.
Excellent place to work
IT Specialist/ DBA (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJuly 28, 2016
Worked here for 27 years. Climbed the ladder from Junior IT person to the primary Database designer and developer for the production NHIS survey system with co-developer and administrator.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement, free parking
Change of pace from typical social work positions.
Care Ambassordor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 26, 2016
Enjoyed speaking with and educating travelers from other parts of the world. The work environment with different disciplines provided a positive learning experience.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Down times where hard to tolerant.
Very busy working environment
Program Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2016
CDC was a good place to work. The workload will keep you busy on a daily basis. There are may opportunities to travel and work away from your main office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2