Center for Disease Control and Prevention

Center for Disease Control and Prevention Employee Reviews

helpful environment, Good pay, helpful management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2013
My job at C.D.C was to call consumers to help raise money for the endeavors of the C.D.C. Co-workers were great. The pay was decent . The only difficult part of this job was dealing with the rejection. The enjoyable part was to help the C.D.C in order to help in the advancement of cures and medicines
Pros
helping the C.D.C
Cons
Seasonal work
Fun and Loving
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 5, 2016
Delivering and inventory medical supplies throughout the hospital. Wonderful coworkers and management; they work with you when you have any emergencies. The hardest part of the job is making sure your areas stay stocked full every night. The funnest part of the job is the togetherness that the job has from management on down to the employees.
Pros
Family
Cons
healthcare
Character building with a chance to expand your trade knowledge.
Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 30, 2016
Daily morning meetings discussing the goals for the day reviewing the goals for the month and setting monthly end results. Working as a team quickly and efficiently providing professional results related to our trades. While constantly maintaining safety within OSHA guidelines. Performing renovations and new construction under county and city code ordinances.
Work, life balance was a positive attribute.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2016
Work, life balance was a positive attribute. Knowing that the overall purpose of your occupation was to save lives was very rewarding.
Great Enviroment
Intern Student (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2016
I worked here as an intern. The environment was very relaxed and my directions given by supervisor were clear. This was an enjoyable experience.
I overall enjoyed working with CDC
Mail Clerk Assistant Lead (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDApril 17, 2014
A typical day at CDC was a good day. The work was not hard what so ever, I literally delivered packages all day long and managed the mail room. I really can't think of one bad thing about this job except that there was no benefits included, and that includes sick leave and vacation leave.
Pros
Loved the freedom
Cons
No benefit package
Very busy working environment
Program Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2016
CDC was a good place to work. The workload will keep you busy on a daily basis. There are may opportunities to travel and work away from your main office.
awesome
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2016
It was interesting. It was also educational. I was working and learning at the same time. Working for this type of agency is always a learning experience.
Teacher Assistant is the Best
Childcare Teacher (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 1, 2014
I got to work with great coworkers and beautiful and fun children ranging from 6 weeks old to PreK. I was a floater so I filled in wherever was needed. Working with children are so fun.
Pros
Teaching young minds
Cons
Salary
Fun Workplace
Contract Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2016
Good place to work. Work/life balance is perfect since they give employees two tele work days per week. The CDC is laid back.
Stable Frendly Environment
Sharepoint Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chamblee, GAApril 18, 2016
At the CDC, Long term relationships are built with others in your field. Great work environment, The campuses are environmentally efficient and lends themselves for a healthy well being atmosphere
Pros
Stable Government environment
Cons
not many opportunities for training in other positions
Great Employer
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Rocky MountMay 20, 2015
Very fast paced, equal opportunity, Friendly Co-Workers .
A lot of one on one training.Swing shift scheduling. Great Benifits
Great company good values
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAMay 23, 2013
AN office environment. in which I ordered supplies ran errands and typed memos.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No growth opportunity
Great company
Inventory Specialist, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 4, 2013
Great company to work for. I was employed through a stffing agency with great benifits and a flexible schedule.
Great company, great people
Owner, Developer, Sales (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJanuary 20, 2016
CDC was my own company, and I truly loved running it. I developed websites for small to medium sized businesses within a few hours of Sedalia, MO.

The work was great, my employees and contractors were a knowledgeable team and we had excellent interpersonal relationships. It was a blast working with them.

I really enjoyed the customer interaction and developing the sites specifically built to supplement or replace real world processes for companies looking to use technology to increase their market span or simply increase productivity was very rewarding.

In the end, I really missed working with a team, and would prefer to have had some more challenging projects. Many of my clients would have existing technologies they were working with, and we would need to adapt our strategies to their current website. It would have been better, in cases, to have been able to create solutions from the floor up.
Pros
Great coworkers, excellent office space
Cons
As owner, developer and sales rep, the hours were long. In this particular area, the projects were not always as challenging as I would like for them to have been.
A nice place to work.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
The military installation has been relocated. All staff have been relocated also. It was a great place to work. The staff were professional and caring and worked together as a team.
Rewarding and challenging workplace serving public health specially during islandwide virus outbreaks
LAB TECHNICIAN / CURATOR (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 19, 2015
Working as a contractor for the CDC in the molecular diagnostic department I had the opportunity to learn a number of laboratory techniques that are use not only for clinical diagnostics but also scientific research. I have had the opportunity to be a co-author in various scientific papers as well as part of the lab response team for several outbreaks all over the world.

It was a challenging job both in the research field as well as the diagnostic field. The volume of work was definitely intense however the work teams function so well that things always where manageable.

I enjoy my time at the CDC and would encourage anyone in the public health or scientific research to consider a career with the agency.
FOIA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 22, 2016
CDC is a great Agency to work for and grow within. If you would love to work for a company that allow you to be very hands on and engaged then CDC is the perfect place.
Great Job but HATEFUL Coworkers
Information Security Steward (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2014
I was an intern there. I really enjoyed this job but one of my coworkers gave me very hard time. I feel this was because I was a young black male. This particular coworker was very nice towards the female interns but with me he did everything he could to get my supervisor to not renew my internship. He would get mad at me when I did not know how to perform a task(keep in mind that I was an INTERN.) I was working in the cyber security department at 8 Corporate Square Boulevard.

The day I was told my internship was not being renewed I cried because it was a complete shock to me that I was blatantly lied to about why my internship not being renewed. My supervisor told me that "I mess up too much and nobody wants to give me work." Even though he himself had me work on a 1 last project before he told me that he was not going to renew my internship. I even had emails where my other coworkers were sending me tasks to complete before this event took place.

Also that same day my coworker whom gave me a hard time came into my office with a grin on his face because HE KNEW of the bad news that I had gotten. He then sat on the other computer in my office and pretended to work on something when HE NEVER EVER comes down to my office for anything out of my entire time I was there. I believe he came to my office that day to agitated me. He would not tell me that I was doing something wrong instead he would go directly to my supervisor and tell him that I was messing something up. I feel like this was very unfair to me. If you are going to work here make sure you step up any say something
  more... if you DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

Why would you not tell the intern out of all people that they are making mistakes? The point of being an intern is to learn which I did.

This is why I am on indeed looking for a new job right now as I write this review. I now have to got through the process of finding another internship in order to graduate.
Pros
Great Starting Salary thorough experience
Cons
Coworker was very spiteful towards me
Prductivce and flexible
Senior Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2016
I have gained quite of bit of experience working here. CDC has provided me with the tools I need to perfume my job duties quite well. I have learned a lot about different software and the public health industry.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Contract world

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2