Center for Economic Progress

Center for Economic Progress Employer Reviews

Great company
Tax Preparer (volunteer) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2014
Nice people, flexible schedule, learning environment.
Learned taxes and accounting skills. My co-workers were great. The most enjoyable part was helping people. The hardest part that some people do not want to pay taxes.
good experince
Tax Return Specialist Intern (Former Employee), Joliet, ILMay 13, 2014
i learned how to file w-2 tax return for state and federal. it was really good experience
Great organization
Tax preparer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2014
They provide free tax help to low income families. The coworkers are very friendly.
Pure Volunteer work with no pay
Volunteer Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Chicago LoopJuly 8, 2013
Pros: we were servd free lunch some days
Cons: not a paid opportunity
I find the experience so enriching. The work environment was superb. All the volunteer help each other to get the work done. Some of the clients were happy about their tax return. It is just a fun place to work. Because the work environment was friendly, we were able to accomplish much during the tax season.
productive, solidarity, and the place to prove person value
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 29, 2013
People from that department are all very productive and willing to help each other. Everyday, we would help lower income clients to manage their tax return. I would collect and verified the documents they brought to office, then according to the information I received I will give them the best way to organize their tax return.
I learned how to use IRS – more... tax return system, and learn how to cooperate with other colleagues. I helped over hundreds of clients. The hardest part of work is that I lacked working experience in Taxation, so that the beginning I could not be that effective. But my co-workers are all very kind and helped me a lot. At the end of the first day, one of my co-worker came to my desk and encourage me that"do not be afraid to ask for help, and we are all willing to help each other......". So that was a big family for me.
I do enjoyed this work is that every time I saw the smile from the clients who with lower income. I do felt I helped others and proved my person value. – less
Great training and preparation for volunteers
VOLUNTEER Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 23, 2013
Pros: flexibility in schedule
Cons: refreshments provided and volunteer appreciation event
I enjoy working here as a volunteer each tax season. Good professional environment.
good place to help people and gain experience with tax returns
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 20, 2013
CEP was dynamic workplace that enable me to learn about preparing tax returns and interacting with people from different backgrounds.
friendly working environment
Volunteer Tax Preparer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 5, 2013
Volunteer Tax Preparer • Prepare individual tax returns for communities since 2010
Managed customers' service relationships for residential and commercial clients.
Volunteer Tax Preparer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 7, 2012
• Responsible for representing customers' financial problems in customers care meeting.
• Developed and provided customer financial service, policies and products.
It's great to help people.
Volunteer Tax Preparer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 7, 2012
Prepare individual tax returns for year 2010 and 2011

Help community to file their tax return.
Friendly place
Volunteer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 1, 2012
I only volunteered on several different occasions. The employees there were hardworking and supportive.
Great exposure to helping the communities
Volunteer Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Harvey, ILMay 2, 2012
Pros: irs training an certification, helping people in need of service, great team orientated atmosphere
Cons: seasonal, volunteer
I had the pleasure to assist in tax preparation that involved families in the importance of also creating a way to save money. Management and co-workers demonstrated a structured team-based professional environment, very helpful, and quick to resolve issues. The most important experience for me was helping in a time of need by learning the tax laws – more... and preparing taxes for multiple families by a case by case basis. In addition, empowering clients about how they can save money despite shortcomings was a great step in the process. – less
Volunteer (Former Employee), Decatur, ILApril 26, 2012
Every day is: find a computer, start the software, and begin doing people's taxes. I learned how to completely file individual's income taxes.