Center For Elders Independence Employee Reviews

Stay away!
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 9, 2017
Leadership on the 4th floor will destroy your drive and kill your spirit but there are great people there to work with but leadership has no clue or pulse for the remaining employees.
Pros
the people
Cons
CEO and leadership
consistency is key
Homecare Floater (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 11, 2016
This company has a blessing for so many of the Seniors in within the Bay Area and I am happy to be working, however within the last three years, things have changed and have become strenuous when dealing with participants. the work day changes consistently. not good for the public we serve.
You have to be able to build a rapport with the people you care for in order to gain their trust and willingness to work with you. The department I work in, is great, we just have to be able to listen and understand the plight of the seniors.
Pros
the seniors we help. and the pace program as a whole
Cons
constantly changing
Love my current position, but want to re-locate to Colorado.
Director of Home Care Services (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 1, 2014
I love working in a PACE (Program for All Inclusive Care of the Elderly) environment it really works. I am the Director of the largest Department which is the Home Care division. Our department is key to our mission of helping seniors stay in the community.

I am licensed in Colorado and would like to move there. I would love to be involved in a PACE program.
MediCare fraud - Bad Environment
Healthcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 14, 2014
Most of the money this agency receives actually goes to the Chief Technical Officer who is creating a database. He plans on selling it and the contract states he keeps 50% of the profits.

The problem is that it's Medicare and Medi-Cal money they use for this. The money was to be used for frail seniors, but they deny care to pay for high executive salaries, entertainment, flights and housing expenses while they let the seniors go without medical care. We had no raises, but he had his housing paid for, and a free car.
Pros
Seniors are great
Cons
An environment of bully, HR violates employment law
If we worked very hard we got a nice bonus, for our work.
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 17, 2013
I Worked at my home I didn't work at the Center, I cared for my
mother at home. I tried to make my mother as comfortable
a possible. As I would anyone else, I like to treat people the
way I would like to be treated if I were ill.

I really enjoyed my job at Wells Fargo, everyday it was something
new .And I enjoyed meeting people. I sometimes run in to some of the
customer I had at Wells Fargo while I'm out shopping and they say I
remember you,they sometime shake my hand or ask for a hug.
That make me fell good about the my job I tried to give the best customer service I could.
Pros
I worked with a lot of wonderful people.and pay wasn't bad
Cons
Sometimes I had to work in bad area, but work hard and get promoted out of that area.
having parties seem like every month something was going on.
Agency Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 30, 2013
My job was a receptionist answering high volume of phones 8 am in the morning to 5 pm, updating new employees badges, booking the conference rooms for meetings, filing, setting up parties for holidays banquets. Shipping and receiving fedex and ups maintain all supplies in four different sites in Oakland. Handling all incoming and outgoing mail. Very busy everyday, I learned alot about customerservice and being patient with others. I work in part of the HR department, alot of my co-workers were awesome i really enjoy working with them and just hanging out. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The enjoyable part was handling the parties from babyshowers, birthdays, thanksgiving, holloween and christmas.
Pros
alot of birthdays parties, babyshowers, thanksgiving, holloween alot of fun I really enjoyed doing that.
Busy but it is all worth it.
MR Coordinator / Compliance / Member Service (Current Employee) –  510 - 17th Street 3rd Floor, Oakland, CA 94612July 18, 2012
A typical day consists of: Auditing withdrawal and disenrollment cases, ensuring all paperwork and data entry was completed; tracking all LOC (Annual and Initial) and making sure to keep the Intake and LOC staff on track. Entering and validating data entered in the PRM and SigmaCare systems confirming all data was entered correctly from co-workers and staff and correcting any errors and entering information.

I am known as OB1-Knobe this is my nick-name my co-workers and bosses have given me. I love to answering questions which fall in all areas, Medical Records, Benefits, Intake, Compliance and various other departments. Once a month I meet with the Medical Records staff ensuring all four sites are mirroring each other, going over P&P's and training when necessary.

I really like data, I enjoy creating power point presentations for training, flow charts and maintaining spreadsheet and generating reports for various departments within the CEI organization.

I love coordinating the Medical Records Department and Program Assistants in the Member Service Department. It comes easy the main reason is becasue I am willing to get in the trenches with my staff I don't just delegate get involved as well. My staff also has been trained well were I can give a job and it will be completed on time.

The hardest part of my job for me is instilling in various departments and staff the importance of documenting. They tease at the centers that I have been ringing this bell for over 5 years. Which ended up being a C.A.P from CMS now staff and departments understand the importance and why I was
  more... training and reminding them. It's hard to get all departments and co-workers on the same page, but it's part of the job and in the end when we are all unified it benefits us greately.

I make it a point to establish good relationships and become knowegble in not only my department but any that are outside my department. I know more than 85% of all the staff here within the whole organization and more than 90% of every participant.

I am busy but I love it. I have learned alot at CEI the good and the bad and have grown alot from this organization. I have always been a multitasker but CEI has stretched me further in this area. When I thought I didn't have the creditentials in certain areas. I had those (previous bosses) that saw me already doing the tasks saw my expertise and insisted I take on jobs, and there were some moments when I suprised myself.
Pros
balance of life and work, cei is aware of the importance of family
Cons
lack of staff
Nice Place to work
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  OaklandJuly 7, 2012
I have a great IT team in Center for Elders.I have a great IT team in Center for Elders. Usually a busy morning helping helpdesk with uses does not want to work. Trying to help users with their password reset , folder permission issues, Citrix XenAPP application is not showing .
Pros
good place to work.
Cons
no much it project because it is a nonprofit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center For Elders Independence. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4