Center For Elders Independence

Center For Elders Independence Employer Reviews

MediCare fraud - Bad Environment
Healthcare Provider (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMay 14, 2014
Pros: seniors are great
Cons: an environment of bully, hr violates employment law
Most of the money this agency receives actually goes to the Chief Technical Officer who is creating a database. He plans on selling it and the contract states he keeps 50% of the profits.

The problem is that it's Medicare and Medi-Cal money they use for this. The money was to be used for frail seniors, but they deny care to pay for high executive salaries, – more... entertainment, flights and housing expenses while they let the seniors go without medical care. We had no raises, but he had his housing paid for, and a free car. – less
If we worked very hard we got a nice bonus, for our work.
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee), Oakland, CAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: i worked with a lot of wonderful people.and pay wasn't bad
Cons: sometimes i had to work in bad area, but work hard and get promoted out of that area.
I Worked at my home I didn't work at the Center, I cared for my
mother at home. I tried to make my mother as comfortable
a possible. As I would anyone else, I like to treat people the
way I would like to be treated if I were ill.

I really enjoyed my job at Wells Fargo, everyday it was something
new .And I enjoyed meeting people. I sometimes run in – more... to some of the
customer I had at Wells Fargo while I'm out shopping and they say I
remember you,they sometime shake my hand or ask for a hug.
That make me fell good about the my job I tried to give the best customer service I could. – less
having parties seem like every month something was going on.
Agency Receptionist (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: alot of birthdays parties, babyshowers, thanksgiving, holloween alot of fun i really enjoyed doing that.
My job was a receptionist answering high volume of phones 8 am in the morning to 5 pm, updating new employees badges, booking the conference rooms for meetings, filing, setting up parties for holidays banquets. Shipping and receiving fedex and ups maintain all supplies in four different sites in Oakland. Handling all incoming and outgoing mail. Very – more... busy everyday, I learned alot about customerservice and being patient with others. I work in part of the HR department, alot of my co-workers were awesome i really enjoy working with them and just hanging out. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The enjoyable part was handling the parties from babyshowers, birthdays, thanksgiving, holloween and christmas. – less
Busy but it is all worth it.
MR Coordinator / Compliance / Member Service (Current Employee), 510 - 17th Street 3rd Floor, Oakland, CA 94612July 18, 2012
Pros: balance of life and work, cei is aware of the importance of family
Cons: lack of staff
A typical day consists of: Auditing withdrawal and disenrollment cases, ensuring all paperwork and data entry was completed; tracking all LOC (Annual and Initial) and making sure to keep the Intake and LOC staff on track. Entering and validating data entered in the PRM and SigmaCare systems confirming all data was entered correctly from co-workers and – more... staff and correcting any errors and entering information.

I am known as OB1-Knobe this is my nick-name my co-workers and bosses have given me. I love to answering questions which fall in all areas, Medical Records, Benefits, Intake, Compliance and various other departments. Once a month I meet with the Medical Records staff ensuring all four sites are mirroring each other, going over P&P's and training when necessary.

I really like data, I enjoy creating power point presentations for training, flow charts and maintaining spreadsheet and generating reports for various departments within the CEI organization.

I love coordinating the Medical Records Department and Program Assistants in the Member Service Department. It comes easy the main reason is becasue I am willing to get in the trenches with my staff I don't just delegate get involved as well. My staff also has been trained well were I can give a job and it will be completed on time.

The hardest part of my job for me is instilling in various departments and staff the importance of documenting. They tease at the centers that I have been ringing this bell for over 5 years. Which ended up being a C.A.P from CMS now staff and departments understand the importance and why I was training and reminding them. It's hard to get all departments and co-workers on the same page, but it's part of the job and in the end when we are all unified it benefits us greately.

I make it a point to establish good relationships and become knowegble in not only my department but any that are outside my department. I know more than 85% of all the staff here within the whole organization and more than 90% of every participant.

I am busy but I love it. I have learned alot at CEI the good and the bad and have grown alot from this organization. I have always been a multitasker but CEI has stretched me further in this area. When I thought I didn't have the creditentials in certain areas. I had those (previous bosses) that saw me already doing the tasks saw my expertise and insisted I take on jobs, and there were some moments when I suprised myself. – less
Nice Place to work
System Administrator (Former Employee), OaklandJuly 7, 2012
Pros: good place to work.
Cons: no much it project because it is a nonprofit.
I have a great IT team in Center for Elders.I have a great IT team in Center for Elders. Usually a busy morning helping helpdesk with uses does not want to work. Trying to help users with their password reset , folder permission issues, Citrix XenAPP application is not showing .