Center for Employment Opportunities Employee Reviews

Very good place to find work.
Facilities Maintenance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2016
This place is only serious as you take it. They help put you in the best possible position to find a job and keep one and stick by your side to make sure you get good pay and a raise after a period of time.
Pros
Very business orientated.
Cons
could have better job varieties
Great company to work for.
CalTrans Crew Member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 26, 2016
I Have been with this company for a few months, and so far I enjoy working for them. I have learned how to work with other's as a team. Managements are always professional and supportive. They are willing to help you get to the next level, by helping you find a more permanent job. I work with my job coach to do job searches, and learned about to tips on how to prepare for an interview.
Pleasant workplace
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2016
Working are hours set Monday-Friday 7am-3pm, 8am to 4pm or 9am to 5pm depending on work site. Very welcoming staff, supervisors and co-workers. Overall maintenance and up keep of restrooms and work areas. Service, clean & supplying restrooms with necessary supplies(Hand soap, toilet paper, paper towels and sanitizer). Gather and empty all trash receptacles.
Pros
Work Experience in a new field.
Cons
No benefits
Great job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  245 N broadJune 20, 2016
Great place, great motive, i would highly recommend this company.
We as a team would clean up parks and recreation centers making these areas clean and safe for families and individuals. My co workers conducted the job as a team effort and we would see progress.Supervisors would work with the crews getting involved. Great management and team enthusiasm. To me the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the result. We would turn a trashed park into a family welcoming area.
Supportive management.
Business Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 12, 2016
Supportive management, good benefits, generous paid time off and sick time, decent pay, overall good work environment. I highly recommend this agency.
Opportunity
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2016
This was an ok company. I was able to provide for my family as an employee here. The work/life balance was fair. I was ok with my experience at Center for Employment Opportunities
good place to help you find a helping hand with working out your employment worries
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2016
parks and recreation work.work with a good crew of guys and girls to beautify parks and bring them back to the communityfor there use.supervisors and management are happy to assist to giude the team to help bring light back to the community parks and recreational life the hardest part of the job is that its temporary. the most enjoyable part of c.e.o is being a part of this place of employment
Pros
computers to find futher employment
Cons
its temporary
Excellent Staff. Great Springboard
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 8, 2015
Working for CEO is like running a marathon with a trainer the whole way. If you slip they'll encourage you, and if you fall they'll help you back up. Some of the most genuinely caring people I've ever known. The culture here is one of self-improvement. No one let's another person go a day without bettering him or herself in some way. The work is hard, but rewarding, and the compensation is fair.
Pros
Transportation to and from work sites. Full backing of CEO in achieving a solid carreer opportunity.
Cons
Positions here are temporary. Work is not guaranteed.
productive,family oriented,life achieving environment
Landscaping,Sanitations Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 22, 2016
I learned alot with CEO,bein more productive,motivated,setting goals,growing my work ethics.Having a great team and staff behind me,and showing them I have what it takes to go more and be successful in the work industry
Pros
learning, team work, building a better and successful life
Cons
knowledgeable people and pleasant environment
Crew Member (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  50 Wall St. NY NYDecember 21, 2016
well directed by informed supervisors who constantly brought new information and a positive attitude to the work site. diverse array of co-workers but a constant turn over because of the part time schedule. most enjoyed networking with people from different job sites.
Pros
great experience
Cons
part time schedule
Center for Employment Opportunities
CalTrans Crew Member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 27, 2016
CalTrans Crew Member
Clean and clear debris from culverts, catch basins, drop inlets, ditches, and other drain structures
Remove litter and debris from roadways, including debris from rock and mudslides
Set out signs and cones around work areas to divert traffic
Kept community clean by picking up trash and brush
Fun Workplace
Data Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 21, 2016
Excellent work site. My co-workers are cool, very polite and friendly especially the manager. The hardest part of the job is working with certain people on the phone.
type of work you would like to learn
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 14, 2016
My supervisors are good they know what to do with us. My days at work are full of energy working out in the streets. We clean the community of Chula Vista. Also we help homeless with housing. The hardes part of the day is when we work with heavy tools. I like to learn new things so it becomes a good day to know I helped someone get housing. My co-workers are great we work together and have good communication with each other. I like my job but, its temporary.
Pros
breaks
overall workload
Highway Maintenance (Current Employee) –  san berardino,cal 92410October 11, 2016
i enjoy the work environment we go to different cities and communities and clean and improve the streets and clean lots sidewalks to meet city code.
Productive and a great place for temporary work
Maintenence (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2016
If It was not for companies like Center For Employment Opportunities...The recidivism rate would be at an all time high.
I love CEO because there is always help, the job coaches and business administration management team, is always pushing their employee's to succeed further in life.
Pros
Business Administration Management, Job Coaches And Life Skills coordinators
Cons
Not enough recruiters to bring more people in
Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2016
Perform duties as assigned by supervisor. Work in a small team to carry out duties. Reported to site supervisor and received assistance in looking for full time employment.
Productive work
Laborer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 1, 2016
I enjoyed stocking products like Smuckers, Delimex, SaraLee Pies, ect.. making sure theres no expired products and making sure everything is stocked properly up to date at 32nd St. Naval Base Commissary.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breakes
A good starting point
Maintenance / Laborer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2016
Great work environment. Pleasant staff and very flexible, willing to work with changing schedules. Serious about helping employees maintain work and concerned about the well being of them as well
Pros
flexible
Cons
minimum wage
productive and fun place, great employees
grounds keeper/ general labor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 7, 2013
Ive been employed at ceo for a few months now and have come to like working here becouse the staff are fun, energetic, and willing to help with any thing they can. My fellow coworkers are good hard working individuals that complete tasks as fast and efficiently as possible while maintaining a positive working environment and helping when needed. Overall i have no comlpaints about ceo but im trying to create a better future for myself by learnig more bout the field ive previously worked in and hopefully makeing a career out of it .
Pros
good people, hard work, positive workin environment
Cons
its temporary
Review
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMay 9, 2016
A job I hold dear in my heart. Very friendly environment and great atmosphere. Enjoy working with the participants and great respect for my supervisor.
Pros
Flexible with my daily life
Cons
More hours needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center for Employment Opportunities. Our community is ready to answer.

Center for Employment Opportunities Reviews by Location