CET is one of the country's largest, most effective educational and employment training programs. Focused on those who need help the most. CET was established in San Jose, California in 1967 and has grown to a national network of over 30 voctional educational centers, operating in 11 states and Washington, D.C. Working with the private sector, CET has successfully trained and placed more than 100,000 people into jobs, over the last 40 years. CET's annual budge is $30 million.
The Deputy Director will be expected to build on CET's successful and outstanding forty- year record of providing education, training, and vocational skills to low income, unskilled adults. The Deputy Director will transition CET into becoming more mature as a tuition-based institution, widening its marketing scope and depending less on government funding.
The mission of Center for Employment Training, an economic and community development corporation, is to promote human development and education by providing people with marketable skills training and supportive services that contribute to self-sufficiency.
CET serves a multi-cultural student body with different levels of education, languages, and skills. CET has trained and placed in jobs over 120,000 people in its 40 year history. CET prides itself in changing lives, reversing poverty, and in preparing a qualified workforce for gainful employment.
Reporting to the executive director, the DD provides leadership to the organization in its day-to-day operations, while ensuring that enrollment, training, placements and budgetary goals are met, through the effective and efficient management of staff and resources.
Some of the duties include:
· Oversee the performance standards as established by CET and in compliance with contracts, government rules and regulations
· Maintain management and fiscal systems that meet the requirements of laws and funding agencies
· Promote the CET program through public outreach and marketing
· Establish leadership role in developing collaboration and relationships with community at large and other agencies to enhance and augment and integrate services to CET students and graduates
· Establish leadership role in developing industrial and employers support through maintenance of industrial advisory boards and technical advisory committees that support the up-dating of technology in training and placement of graduates in jobs
· May be required to prepare proposals and seek funding to support the programs, goals and objectives and maximize resources to increase the number of students/trainees served
· Oversee the preparation of an annual budget for Executive Director's approval
· Provide oversight, monitor and evaluate programs for performance and budget controls
· Participate in the preparation of contracts, reports, and fiscal management for all funds as required
· Support, and do what is necessary to effect successful self-studies by CET Centers for WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) re-accreditation
· Monitor for WASC and all necessary compliance
· Manage and direct reports
· As a member of the Executive Team, drive the strategic vision and plan of the organization. – less – More from ZoomInfo »