Center for Employment Training (CET) Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
An idealistic place to work for people trying to impact positive social change
Grant Writing/Communications Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 12, 2017
You wear many hats in a large non-profit organization and there's room for growth. I started out my career at CET as executive assistant to the founding CEO and ended as a senior VP in the company. After I left the company, I came back as a consultant doing grant writing and marketing communications.What I learned at CET is that if you are given the opportunity to assume great responsibility, you amaze yourself at what you can actually do.

Management wise this is a place that is very nurturing. They really like to look for hidden talents and help you grow. The founding CEO was a kind, charismatic man and a forceful speaker who was highly inspiring. The second (and current) CEO is almost mythic in her ability to bring people along and help them rise to the occasion. She has a well deserved reputation for practically being a saint. The workplace culture in the executive suite is fast paced but subdued. People are mission driven and they don't mind working long hours for mediocre pay. There were many a Friday night that I was at the office until 10:00 pm, but it just goes with the territory. The hardest part of the job is the relatively low pay. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was intellectually interesting work
Pros
Autonomy, the change to do good work, intellectually challenging environment
Cons
Mediocre pay
free snack,coffe
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 13, 2017
The right pace for hands on training, and have the best instructors,also helpful office crew who wants help their students.
Great Organization
Instructor/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2015
Center for Employment Training (CET) is a great organization to work for. I have had the opportunity to work for this organization twice over the past 15 years. The opportunities that are provided for individuals who are marginalized are awesome.

Not only do they provide training, but students are also giving human development and job readiness skills, that will make them marketable and economically self-sufficient, in this every changing society.

Throughout my tenor here, I have learned and developed into a business professional. I have been giving the opportunity to work with a variation of students, with different educational backgrounds and home life experiences. This has helped me to between relate and interact with people of different social and economic backgrounds. I really enjoy my experience!!!
Pros
Helping people to become self-sufficient.
Cons
No cons...
Grant Writer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 19, 2014
CET provides academic and employment training to Durham's most vulnerable population, the low and very-low income residents. Providing them with the resources necessary to become self sufficient is a great feeling and service.
School
Student Hands on Training (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 30, 2013
I learn my trade here at this school , I have learned A lot that i need to know.