Center for Family Services Employee Reviews

No room to grow
Counselor Assistant Aide (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJJune 25, 2015
There are no raises, no benefits for part time workers, and no room for advancement. The work environment varies depending on the office you work, but employees are bitter, resentful, and overworked.
This place made a difference.
Rehabilitative Community Specialist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILMay 22, 2015
This was a part-time position. Everyone were pleasant. This agency made a difference working with high risk youth. I don't have any other feedback at this time.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
difficult cases
Productive and Great Experience working with youth and staff.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work is walking in and receiving an update from previous shift staff of what happened in the last shift. Then go on the floor and interact with youth and converse about what they did that day, how are they feeling, if they have any concerns or any comments, and ask if they want to have a session and talk about anything going on in their lives. Then throughout the day, I monitor youth and make sure they have ate, completed chores, have done their daily exercise, and are ready for bed on time. I have learned to build confidence, great communication, being a leader to the youth for them to look up to you. Hardest part of the job was when youth AWOL (Absence Without Leave) because you didn't know where the youth ran off too and then you have to look for them. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with different youths with different problems and helping them change. Staff and management were an outstanding support to each other because we communicated effectively when someone needed to switch shifts to covering shifts.
World import Evaluation
IT Representative (Current Employee) –  Camden New JerseyJanuary 6, 2015
Overall the company utilized it's strong contact in parts of Asia and china to produce some of the most stunning furniture available on the market.
A great place of learning and sharing with others in the field.
Outpatient Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Provided group and individual counseling/psychotherapy services including family counseling and crisis intervention in the area of substance abuse

Center for Family Services Review
Community Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 6, 2014
This position was only part-time. I actually only worked when I had the time, but I enjoyed working for the Center of Family Services. My position consisted of teaching troubled youth the necessary social skills need to function on a daily living. I attempted to work as many hours as I could, because some of my clients really needed a lot of help. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting up the kids. I absolutely love children and I am happy that I was given an opportunity to have a positive impact on their lives.
Great Experience
In-Home Counselor (Current Employee) –  Clementon, NJAugust 19, 2014
A great place where you are able to gain growth. Individual and family counseling, support in identifying alternative solutions to the problems families are facing, skills for effective communication within the family, advocacy, educational, vocational, and employment assistance and support and education in dealing with the pressures adolescents face in our community.
Great group of consumers
Assist clients (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 17, 2014
I enjoy the field I work in a lot. its something that gives gratification. Seeing or being able to bring smiles to peoples faces, being able to do something for someone or assist them at a time they felt they couldn't is a great feeling.
Pros
being able to say your helping to change someones life for the better
Cons
dont feel like i get compensated nor appreciated for the work i put in.
Active and helping working environment.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 14, 2014
As a Residential Counselor, I am required to assist youth with making breakfast, lunch, and dinner, provide them with their medications at set times a day, encourage and assist them with job applications and teach them how to enroll in school. In addition, providing when with whatever resources or information they need to learn how to live independently in the real world.
A good place to work
Chef (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 8, 2014
Center For Family Services, is wonderful place to work.

My day usually is the same,i start out with preparing breakfast,
clean up then prepare for lunch. the food is carted into each
classroom,and picked up within 45 min.

I have learned quite a bit from Head Start, manage a kitchen,
leadership, teamwork, and professionalism.

The co-workers for the most part were all professional in what
they do.

I don't look at my job at being hard, because i think that if you
truly love your job,it isn't hard at all. The enjoyable part is
knowing that i have a job that i love.
Pros
doing what i love
Cons
not enough communication in the work place.
Productive and helps people with financial difficulties.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Meadville, PADecember 23, 2013
I like this job because it provides help to low income people in Crawford County and it is really involved with the community.
Rewarding and Productive
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 12, 2013
Job was very rewarding, fulfilling and educational. Medication administration, supervision of adjudicated teenage girls in group home setting. Transportation provided for school and events
Pros
excellent position
Cons
salary
Good work environment and friendly staff.
MSW Addictions Intern (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJSeptember 24, 2013
Interned at that facility for a year and was offered a fee for service job when I graduated due to location not having any full time positions at the time. Staff is friendly and management is caring. They work with their workers on their schedule and do not make you feel bad for needing to use personal time.
Center for Family Services
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 23, 2013
I like working for the CFS the people (clients) I come in contact with are great and remember me when they finsihed the program. When they come visit they thank us for the work we put in to them and their success.
Pros
helping people out
Cons
the pay
Fast paced and educational environment
Information & Referral Counselor (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJSeptember 5, 2013
A typical day at work consist of answering multiple state of New Jersey Hotlines. I learned how to take detailed notes and document conversations . Management was always helpful and attentive to your needs. The work environment set the tone which allowed co-workers to get along with one another. There was nothing hard about the job and everything about the job was enjoyable.
You give them your all but they give very little!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJAugust 7, 2013
I've been with this company for several years. I've seen them with hold benefits from people and let the wrong people go. Ten years ago it was a great place to work but now new management has changed. Coworkers are great but there is no more job security.
Pros
benefits are good when they offer them.
Cons
no job security, lay offs, firing all the good workers
Had fun with youth playing pool and ping pong
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape May Court House, NJJuly 26, 2013
This job gives staff the opportunity to really connect with the youth and attempt to change the youth's outlook on family, friends, and their future.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no breaks
Stressful work enviroment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJApril 23, 2013
Scheduling, filing, copying, phones, check clients in and out, billing and daily deposits.
Pros
i was able to dress casual
Cons
i did not recieve a lunch break and worked til 9:30 at night and never recieved a raise.1
People Helping People
Internship (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJAugust 28, 2012
Very organized great settting to work in! Very rewarding place to work with reunifying children back with their parents.
Enjoyable
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZAugust 9, 2012
A typical day at CFFS is arriving, greeting clients, interacting with clients, cooking for clients, going on outings with clients (such as the park), working on daily living goals with clients, bathing clients, and administrating medications. I have learned so much from working with cognitively impaired adults that my view of life has change drastically. I no longer take things for granted and I definatley appreciate everything and everyone in my life. Management is the best at CFFS. Management is definatley flexible and very understanding to being human. I enjoy the company of my co-workers as well because they are incredibly hard workers that show passion for the work they do. The hardest thing about my job would be the pay and no beneifits. Unfortunatley, many group homes do not have much funding thus, employees do not recieve such a great pay or benefits. The best part about my job is spending time with my clients and helping them out with daily living things. What more can you ask for when you are welcomed to your job with so much love.
Pros
having fun with clients, teaching them daily living needs
Cons
pay, no benefits