Center for Family Services

Center for Family Services Employer Reviews

Great group of consumers
Assist clients (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 17, 2014
Pros: being able to say your helping to change someones life for the better
Cons: dont feel like i get compensated nor appreciated for the work i put in.
I enjoy the field I work in a lot. its something that gives gratification. Seeing or being able to bring smiles to peoples faces, being able to do something for someone or assist them at a time they felt they couldn't is a great feeling.
Active and helping working environment.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Camden, NJMarch 14, 2014
As a Residential Counselor, I am required to assist youth with making breakfast, lunch, and dinner, provide them with their medications at set times a day, encourage and assist them with job applications and teach them how to enroll in school. In addition, providing when with whatever resources or information they need to learn how to live independently – more... in the real world. – less
A good place to work
Chef (Current Employee), Camden, NJMarch 8, 2014
Pros: doing what i love
Cons: not enough communication in the work place.
Center For Family Services, is wonderful place to work.

My day usually is the same,i start out with preparing breakfast,
clean up then prepare for lunch. the food is carted into each
classroom,and picked up within 45 min.

I have learned quite a bit from Head Start, manage a kitchen,
leadership, teamwork, and professionalism.

The co-workers for the – more... most part were all professional in what
they do.

I don't look at my job at being hard, because i think that if you
truly love your job,it isn't hard at all. The enjoyable part is
knowing that i have a job that i love. – less
Productive and helps people with financial difficulties.
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Meadville, PADecember 23, 2013
I like this job because it provides help to low income people in Crawford County and it is really involved with the community.
Rewarding and Productive
Counselor (Former Employee), Camden, NJOctober 12, 2013
Pros: excellent position
Cons: salary
Job was very rewarding, fulfilling and educational. Medication administration, supervision of adjudicated teenage girls in group home setting. Transportation provided for school and events
Good work environment and friendly staff.
MSW Addictions Intern (Former Employee), Williamstown, NJSeptember 24, 2013
Interned at that facility for a year and was offered a fee for service job when I graduated due to location not having any full time positions at the time. Staff is friendly and management is caring. They work with their workers on their schedule and do not make you feel bad for needing to use personal time.
Center for Family Services
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Camden, NJSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: helping people out
Cons: the pay
I like working for the CFS the people (clients) I come in contact with are great and remember me when they finsihed the program. When they come visit they thank us for the work we put in to them and their success.
Fast paced and educational environment
Information & Referral Counselor (Former Employee), Williamstown, NJSeptember 5, 2013
A typical day at work consist of answering multiple state of New Jersey Hotlines. I learned how to take detailed notes and document conversations . Management was always helpful and attentive to your needs. The work environment set the tone which allowed co-workers to get along with one another. There was nothing hard about the job and everything about – more... the job was enjoyable. – less
You give them your all but they give very little!
Teacher (Former Employee), Blackwood, NJAugust 7, 2013
Pros: benefits are good when they offer them.
Cons: no job security, lay offs, firing all the good workers
I've been with this company for several years. I've seen them with hold benefits from people and let the wrong people go. Ten years ago it was a great place to work but now new management has changed. Coworkers are great but there is no more job security.
Had fun with youth playing pool and ping pong
Case Manager (Current Employee), Cape May Court House, NJJuly 26, 2013
Pros: free meals
Cons: no breaks
This job gives staff the opportunity to really connect with the youth and attempt to change the youth's outlook on family, friends, and their future.
Stressful work enviroment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Williamstown, NJApril 23, 2013
Pros: i was able to dress casual
Cons: i did not recieve a lunch break and worked til 9:30 at night and never recieved a raise.1
Scheduling, filing, copying, phones, check clients in and out, billing and daily deposits.
People Helping People
Internship (Former Employee), Williamstown, NJAugust 28, 2012
Very organized great settting to work in! Very rewarding place to work with reunifying children back with their parents.
Enjoyable
Caregiver (Current Employee), Surprise, AZAugust 9, 2012
Pros: having fun with clients, teaching them daily living needs
Cons: pay, no benefits
A typical day at CFFS is arriving, greeting clients, interacting with clients, cooking for clients, going on outings with clients (such as the park), working on daily living goals with clients, bathing clients, and administrating medications. I have learned so much from working with cognitively impaired adults that my view of life has change drastically. – more... I no longer take things for granted and I definatley appreciate everything and everyone in my life. Management is the best at CFFS. Management is definatley flexible and very understanding to being human. I enjoy the company of my co-workers as well because they are incredibly hard workers that show passion for the work they do. The hardest thing about my job would be the pay and no beneifits. Unfortunatley, many group homes do not have much funding thus, employees do not recieve such a great pay or benefits. The best part about my job is spending time with my clients and helping them out with daily living things. What more can you ask for when you are welcomed to your job with so much love. – less
working with other kids
Clerical assistant (Internship) (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 1, 2012
I have learned alot from here just by looking and asking but its alot of work to try and help kids who need home and a better life
great work place
Counselor (Current Employee), Camden, NJJune 16, 2012
provide individual and family counseling, progress notes, assessments
Great training facility
Marriage and Family Therapist Intern (Former Employee), Stillwater, OklahomaMay 31, 2012
Pros: amazing training clinic.
Cons: no pay, due to being a training clinic.
Great training facility with a wide breadth of training and intervention technqiues.
Great place to work and a lot of opportunities to grow
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Camden, NJMay 1, 2012
My experience solely evolved around to need and services provided to my clients we served. Having the opportunity to help someone is a great experience.
Terrific organization to work for, whom goals are being fulfilled
Counselor's Aide (Former Employee), Camden, NJDecember 20, 2011
Pros: thier love of children and families
Cons: lack of supervision over employees, not enforcing policies, giving exceptions of rules to old employees.
Working for Center for Family Services was a dream come true. Being apart of that family was an awesome experience. But just like every family. There are things that take place, when proper guidelines are taken for granted,and management are not aware of it. I would reccommend working for this company to anyone who cares for people.

About Center for Family Services

Center for Family Services offers a wide variety of internships, in almost every field, and specializes in Social Work, Human – Read more