Center for Family Services Employee Reviews

great place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 6, 2017
it's been a while since i've worked there, but have nothing but good memories of close knit staff, always looking for funding, switching folks around due to said funding, sometimes frustrating - social services do not pay well
Pros
professionalism, dedication
Cons
sometimes you just can't do more
Friendly people, poor management
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 19, 2017
The agency staff are friendly and nice; sometimes you really do get to help clients and make a difference in their lives.The agency management can't get it together. They are constantly changing rules and procedures without giving any thought to the impact it has on the staff. The pay is low and years go by with no increases. Many of the salaried staff work fee for service or PT jobs at the agency to compensate for the lack of pay increases and the expensive health insurance. If you're PT, you can't work more than 29 hours per week bc they don't wont to provide health insurance. The more you work, the less you are appreciated.
Pros
Friendly, relaxed, nice coworkers, working w/ clients.
Cons
Low pay, disorganized management, expensive benefits
I just utilized my skills here
Step Intern (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 17, 2017
Here learned to utilize my people's skills and how to speak an manage .yself appropriately for the work environment I am great ful to everyone in this company
Cons
Not a good place to work on a part time basis.
Counselor Aide (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 11, 2017
There is no way for advancement because the Director can block you from moving on to another job. Job favoritisum is very much going on in this job. Clients are always right.
Pros
The hours are convenient.
Cons
The management is very hard to deal with once they get you to accept a position, There is No room to advance, once you come in on a entry level position.
Great Job
Early Childhood Director (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 10, 2017
I am a Preschool Teacher for CFFS and it is great working for the early childhood program. I work from Monday through Friday from 8:00 through 3:30. They have great benefits and 401K.
Pros
Good Families
Cons
Management isn't all that great.
Good overall company but watch your back with some management!
Residential Advocate (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 21, 2017
Management when I was at the SERV branch was great but once new management came in it took a turn for the worst. She was completly uneducated, did not care about or clients, played favorites all the time, & would never own up to her mistakes instead she just fimd someone under her to blame. Everyone I worked with ended up leaving either shortly before me or shortly after. Overall, CFS is a great company. They just needed better management at the SERV locations!
boring, slow paced
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 2, 2017
Working with clients struggling with drug-addiction can be stressful because there is a revolving door of clients. This agency offered low pay, but a work car and benefits were provided
Pros
work car provided
Cons
low pay
Overall Outlook
Pre-School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lindenwold, NJAugust 29, 2017
In order for anyone to work here, you would have to work here in person, not everyone feels the same, what may not have worked for me would work for you.
Great company
In-Home Counselor (Former Employee) –  Clementon, NJAugust 16, 2017
I enjoyed working for this agency as I felt they truly cared for the families and employees. Employees were always positive which created a relaxed environment. MY work schedule was very flexible and did not interfere with my personal life. I enjoyed seeing my families empowered
Enjotythe coworkers
Residential Aide/ Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 24, 2017
Montioring children with Substance abuse parents . Transport the parents to there destination. Continue to work in a diversity community base environment with referrals and information for the mothers. Counsel them with financial management of the day tot day of life savings.
Pros
transportation
Cons
shortbreaks
Love it
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 20, 2017
Center for Family Services is a great place to work. I work there for 10yrs and loved every day of being there. the clients I helped some I still keep in contact with and their children are almost grown.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay to little
The Job
Clinical Therapist/ Educator (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 7, 2017
You should have your own experience if you want to consider this place or personally talk with ex employees. I did learn a lot. Employees are dissatisfied with the salary compensation. You get to know people who work hard and with passion for what they do.
ok
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJJune 27, 2017
management was not very smart. the one manager who had the intelligence to run the program was under appreciated and treated like his experience was not important
everything I know today
Counselor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NJJune 17, 2017
I am still adquiring knowledge from what I had learned at center for family service. It was a great company to work with. The only thing is that they don't give everyone the same opportunity to further their career. They have a great benefit when you are a full time employee.
Cffs
Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 13, 2017
Working for CFFS is fulfilling. You get to assist in teaching youths life skills and become a mentor by providing resources such as information for work or education.
Non-profit world
Volunteer Services Advocate (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJMarch 6, 2017
Good place of employment to get your feet wet in the world of non-profits. Plenty of programs to gain interest in. Not good for long term employment.
High Turn Over but Nice Town
VISTA Member (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 19, 2017
Careful here. CFS has a high turn over rate and recruits many volunteers to work in positions that could be better served by independent contractors and employees.
Pros
Camden is a nice town. Don't believe the media hype.
Cons
More private enterprise is needed. Too much of development being attempted by non-profit sector.
Productive Workplace
RENU Program Parenting Coach (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJFebruary 8, 2017
Typical day involves working with at risk families. Stressful environments depending on population you are servicing. Rewarding experiences outweigh the frustrating experiences. Supportive staff environment. Salary is not the best but it is expected from a non-profit agency but benefits are good.
Pros
Pleasant staff to work with
Cons
Salary advances are rare.
A non profit trying to benefit the community
Director of Financial Assistance (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 13, 2017
When i worked at CFS, the work environment was tense. Since a left, i massive restructuring happened. This seemed inevitable.
I truly enjoyed my time at CFS but I feel that it is time for me to move on.
Case Manager, Helping Hands Foster Care (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJDecember 19, 2016
CFS is an equal opportunity employer, they have over 70 programs and are very interested in retaining their employees. The company has some flaws as any large company does. Due to the fact that the majority of the programs are grant funded it can lead to some job instability. I have enjoyed my time with CFS but believe that it is time for me to find a new job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center for Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.