Center for Human Development Employee Reviews

Supportive environment
Therapeutic Mentor (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAOctober 16, 2017
Stressful work at times, but great support from supervisors. Benefits aren't great for part time/ hourly employees. Great training offered to employees. Not much room for advancement.
Pros
Support
Benefits
Fun work place
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 5, 2017
It's really nice to come in to work, and have a team work environment. As well as working with the clients that we work for, And to know that there is room for growth .
overall good place to work
Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 17, 2017
Overall good place to work. The company has many programs and a diverse staff which provides opportunity to try different locations if preferred. Has opportunity for advancement and trainings but poor benefits.
A true for the community non-profit organization
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 10, 2017
This company has been my favorite place to work for. I have enjoyed much of my time with it.

I have enjoyed the ability to grow in my field. I have also enjoyed being a part of company that very much cares about those it serves.
Chd
Intern Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MASeptember 10, 2017
It is a great atmosphere with a very supportive staff. At times, fast paced and stressful due to large caseload of clients. Front staff are very helpful and supportive.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Large caseloads
Terrible
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 22, 2017
They lie and tell you they promise 40 hours a week at the western region lockup and they give you 8 hours. There is no promotion movement, they treat staff like trash. The managers don't care about their employees at all.
direct care staff
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 6, 2017
the pay was 15.86 an hour for a direct care staff position but cannot advance in company. dead end job. super easy, you have to drive clients around but there independent so you don't have to bathe them or anything like that.
I a workplace where you go stick to the work n go home.
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 27, 2017
The culture at CHD is good depending on where you work and in what capacity you work, Courses are available for basic training and there seem to be an incentive and motivation to study. I have learnt that you should not socialise with your coworkers as its best to go to work and do your best and go through the door as quickly as possible.
Pros
The manager has an open door policy.
Cons
The staff will cut your throat at the least opportunity they get, even if its not true.
Great place to learn!
Residential Staff (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 27, 2017
Working here you can gain a lot of experience with by working with that specific population. In addition you will learn about treatment plans, resources and interventions.
No show rates are high - not good when you are fee for service.
Clinician for Children and Families Outpatient (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 24, 2017
Great co-workers and okay supervision. Job culture is busy but good - depends how much you want to work, your financies, bills - to accurately balance personal life.
Good Place
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 16, 2017
Good place to work, various departments. I learned a great deal. It is too far for me to travel and I do not like MA as a place to live so moving to this state is not an option. Managers seem supportive of staff.
Pros
Support
Cons
Pay
Lowsy
Cook (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 24, 2017
the management needs improvement, when communicating with staff. too many favorites when it comes to employees and residents. The pay was fair though.
Pros
the pay
Cons
the pepole
I had a learning experience with CHD.
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTMay 11, 2017
(CHD) Center of Human Development was a natural learning environment because the support specialist goes into the community with the consumer to represent them as an advocate, take them shopping, case manage them, work with local landlords to obtain adequate housing for the client.
Management worked in total support of the staff, by providing recognition and monthly awards to those that performed exceptionally. Management provided open communication with staff, handle private issues with confidentiality.
Pros
The atmosphere that everyone produced provided caring, creative, and loving atmosphere.
Cons
There was vast responsibility however, there was no
good work place
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 3, 2017
a good place to work if you like kids but sometimes you have to work double shifts back to back multiple time do to being under staffed. but overall good
It was a good Company but not good for working mothers or fathers, the commute was also very far
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 29, 2017
It was a good Company but good for working mothers or fathers, the commute was also very far, Stressful environment a times however it made the day go by fast, staff was great for the work environment
Pros
Clients, trips, good lunches
Cons
No breaks sometimes and lack of staff
Fast paced and dedicated human service provider
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMarch 9, 2017
Team work and communication guide the delivery of services to those in need of person and family centered supports. The fast paced culture allows for development of skills and embarking on a career path.
its ok
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAFebruary 3, 2017
its an okay place to work, but there can be lots of running around on the daily and it is mentally draining. hard to get time off at times.
Pros
pay
Cons
mentally draining
Stable and save environment for our clients.
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MAFebruary 3, 2017
A typical day at work consists of helping the parents in the shelter accomplish and stay on path with building a routine for their children and family. We are trying to help build consistency in their lives to benefit them and their children. It is a relaxed yet structured environment.
Competitive wage for hard work
Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, MAJanuary 22, 2017
IHT is a wonderful program, benefiting families across MA. This work is challenging and requires organization, dedication, and excellent time management skills. Working for CHD is wonderful!
awesome
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MA 01040November 17, 2016
I loved my job there. If I could have moved it with me I'd still be there. Best work place ever. I never thought I'd leave there, but I moved to Kansas.
Pros
supervisor was always available
Cons
only in Massachusetts and ct

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center for Human Development. Our community is ready to answer.

Center for Human Development Reviews by Location