Center for Human Development Employee Reviews

my job
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 7, 2016
I love the staff and participates. Loved the shift that I worked. The pay was not the best and a lot of times you were pulled from doing one task in order to complete another. You didnt always know what you were doing for the day because tasks changed daily. But I learned how to be more comfortable with talking to doctors and family members. I learned how to write monthly progress notes.
awesome
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MA 01040November 17, 2016
I loved my job there. If I could have moved it with me I'd still be there. Best work place ever. I never thought I'd leave there, but I moved to Kansas.
Pros
supervisor was always available
Cons
only in Massachusetts and ct
great place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAJune 23, 2016
Very caring environment. Hard work but rewarding. Clients are well cared for and managers are supportive. I feel that we get paid competitively and have good benefits, especially time off when you have been here for a while.

It's a good company and financially strong. We have gotten bonuses and gift cards often and have not had to pay for health insurance for two months this year!
Rewarding to see successful clients complete treatment
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 8, 2016
I enjoy it due to the intimate relationships built throughout treatment with the ability to change the mindset of troubled youth
Pros
able to impart wisdom and mentor
Cons
seeing residents fail
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 6, 2016
As a long term employee, I couldn't be more satisfied. CHD is a leading human service agency, a quality provider, and strong community member. Employees are treated with respect and there is a strong focus on work/life balance, building solid teams, and providing great service. CHD is growing in a strategic way and I feel that there is much security in working for such a financially viable, well-run agency.
Great place to work!
Aministrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 9, 2016
We spend more of our waking hours at work then we do at home so shouldn't we really love what we do and who we do it for? CHD is a GREAT organization. I actually don't dread coming in on a Monday. I love my job, love what I do and would encourage you to join the team. Become a real "game changer!"
Pros
Bonuses, great pay, terrific work environment, flexibility
People Person
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MASeptember 16, 2016
My passion is to help others and CHD has given me that...the ability to grow within the company but at the same time staying focused on the individuals themselves.
This company will not provide supervision, any little mistake and they write you up and fire you.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 3, 2016
This agency is under a contract by DYS. They are so uptight and will not back up their employees. Any little mistake and they submit you under scrutiny. A lot of good employees have left because of it.
Pros
The President tries to give incentivews
Cons
They work you to the bone.
alot wrong with this place
shift lead (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 7, 2016
terrible place to work. management is a joke. if they like you, you can literally get away with murder at this place..if they dont. you can get blamed for things you didn't do and had absolutely nothing to do with. they do not discipline correctly and terminate you over the phone. they will literally not pay you if your not on top of your hours. they look out for themselves first and employees last.
Pros
hours
Cons
literally everything else
NOT true to their slogan.....
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 9, 2016
Poor management, lack of support and liars. Upper management are clueless and all they care about is MONEY and NOT the well being of the clients they serve! They area bunch of "bullies" that look down on their employees. They "cover up" way too much of what is really going on in their programs- why you think the turn around is so high!? Because being true and having integrity is much more valuable and rewarding.... And lastly, is not WHAT you know is WHO you know to get a descent job in this organization- Your job is "safe"!!!! CHD is no way what it use to represent...
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Lack of integrity, honesty and loyalty!
Chd
BSW Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 3, 2016
CHD, a non-profit organization, delivers a broad array of critical social and mental health services to over 18,000 people each year right here in western Massachusetts and Connecticut - See more at: http://chd.org/#sthash.AwiLqwUH.dpuf
I was able to work with one on one participants
Direct staff care (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MA 01108April 21, 2016
Working as MAP certified I had the privileged to work side by side with participants who reside int he building and administer their medication on time. As well as cooking during the holidays time of the year.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
managing in time of crisis
Great Learning Experience
Master Level Clinician Intern (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAFebruary 4, 2016
Provides high quality clinical services, as well as family and collateral consultation on assigned cases.
Provides comprehensive assessments inclusive of the CANS with interpretive summaries and recommendations based on sound clinical principals and judgment.
Provides family therapy, crisis intervention and management, risk management/safety planning, care coordination, parent skill-building/behavior management training, and support based on sound clinical theories and principals.
I enjoy working with children and being able to help them and their families.
Pros
room to grow
Cons
i was the owner and operator of this company
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 21, 2016
this was my business, i am a hair dresser and i did several individuals hair which i enjoyed, however i wanted to change my career. i went back to school for a degree in social work
Fun
Outreach Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 27, 2016
Well trained and friendly work place.
Love the work I do.
Respectful work place.
Management is well.
Easy typical work day.
Supportive and loving working environment
Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 20, 2015
I loved working at CHD. I was hired right away upon completing my internship there. My director was outstanding and made herself available when needed. I also loved the monthly meetings and working in collaboration with other staff. I would work there again in a heartbeat. I left to be closer to family and CHD was extremely supportive!
Pros
Free workshops and CEUs
My current position
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 17, 2015
I love coming to work because my supervisor is one of the best supervisors that I have ever worked with. The company has a lot of benefits but does not compensate well.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Communication and respect level for their employees
Productive & Fun
Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Springfield,MAJanuary 10, 2016
CHD is one of the best places I've worked. The management is great,everyone is knowledgeable and friendly and the hours are ideal. The benefits are outstanding and there is a tremendous amount of potential.
True to the Slogan; Good People, Good Work
Juvenile Justice Program (Current Employee) –  SpringfieldSeptember 13, 2015
I love working for CHD. I feel blessed to be able to work alongside such a terrific team. My supervisors are fair and honest people. They respect employees and use good judgment in everyday situations. I feel respected and appreciated as a member of the team and I wouldn't change a thing.
Pros
flexibilty in scheduling when needs and emergencies occur
Cons
challenging population to work with at times
nice place to work
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJanuary 4, 2016
i enjoy this job because i get to encounter different teen aged children that can benefit from the services provided by the program. Sometimes it can be hectic, but it all makes the jib more enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center for Human Development. Our community is ready to answer.

Center for Human Development Reviews by Location