The Center for Medical Technology Policy (CMTP) is an independent nonprofit dedicated to developing a health care system where everyone has the evidence they need to make informed health decisions. We believe that improvements in the quality and relevance of health research can change the trajectory of rising healthcare costs while sustaining innovation. As thought leaders in comparative effectiveness research (CER) and patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR), we work with a national and international network of patients, patient advocates, clinicians, policymakers, and payers to transform clinical research, provide methodological guidance, and shape health policy. With funding from government, industry, and foundations, CMTP breaks down traditional silos that too often divide researchers from patients and the real-world healthcare questions that need answering.
The impact we seek:
• Research that meaningfully involves all key healthcare stakeholders.
• Evidence reflective of real-world patients and practices.
• Innovative, high-value technologies rapidly adopted and appropriately used in an increasingly resource-constrained environment.
• Evidence-based clinical advice delivered by health professionals and guideline committees.
• Coverage and reimbursement decisions based on value.
• Improved public trust in research
• Less uncertainty in everyday healthcare.
For more information, please visit www.cmtpnet.org. – less