CENTER FOR SIGHT Employee Reviews in United States

enjoyable work place
Medical Office Specialist Externship (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 14, 2016
team player employees helping each other out to make work day go smooth. Manager does not mind teaching new employees new things.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 19, 2016
I worked the front desk and did visual field tests. Great benefits and good pay. I did not enjoy traveling between locations. I never knew where I would be working from day to day.
Fun workplace
Optician and technician (Current Employee) –  Covington, GADecember 27, 2015
Great co-workers. Reliable administration.
Learned to do some back office teching.
Very busy atmosphere.
Keeping up with the pts and scheduling was the hardest part.
Billing and Insurance verification
Medical Billing and Coding Externship (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2015
I was there for my externship to be trained in Medical billing. For the time I was there it was a great atmosphere. I didn't get all my training due to the time I was there. I would have liked to been employed there but at the time they did not need anyone.
Professional workplace
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 12, 2015
I worked for Center For Sight for 8 years and it was a pleasant experience. The co-workers were nice and the billing office worked together in a light.hearted atmosphere.
Pros
full time hours
Cons
n/a
Don't get comfortable
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  All locationsOctober 6, 2015
This employer has no respect for it's employees. It is a good paying job with decent benefits however they have a reputation of going through firing sprees. The doctors they have require the best and this company does not hire them. The on the job training you get will be just enough to get you by and not prepare you for emergencies or anything out of the ordinary. They also have no empathy for any personal or family issues.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Politics, poor job security, lack of empathy
very nice people to work with, great comapny to work for
billing/eligibility/receptionist (Current Employee) –  watertown,nyOctober 2, 2015
Center for Sight is the best company I have worked for. Supporting management, nice staff, and great patients. I am very thankful to this company for helping me personally grow. I have learned so much from the people I worked with on a daily basis. I will personally miss every one when I move.
Busy MD Office
Charge Entry Remittance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLAugust 13, 2015
Working for CFS has been great, but I am looking for the next step in my career. They offer decent benefits and pay scale, however there is little to no room for advancement, even though they are a large practice, and the management team leaves a lot to be desired. My current manager is almost never at her desk and encourages us to "help one another," in stead of being available.

On the other hand, it is rare to find a company that celebrates birthdays and anniversaries on a monthly basis. CFS has a great program that they reward employees based on Merit with gift cars on a weekly, monthly, and yearly basis. They also provide employees with an optical allowance that can be used to purchase glasses, sunglass, and contacts at the Optical Department.
Pros
Free monthly lunches, optical allowance, great working team, and insurance benefits.
Cons
Slow advancement rate and managers that are not available.
stressful work environment
Ophthalmic Assistant (Former Employee) –  venice, flJune 26, 2015
The company will pay well with some incentives to compensate for the poor organization they have running. Management is detached from it's employees, the doctors do not support their teams. Co-workers do not understand team work.
I enjoyed this job
Office Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 27, 2015
I learned a few new things working here; I learned to verify medical insurance, and prepare patient charts.A typical day included, confirming appointments over the phone, faxing confidential files, organize files, print and copy patient forms.
Doctors office for medical and routine eye exams, optical, hearing and medispa.
Optician (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYMarch 25, 2015
Very busy office with 4 OD doctors and 4 MD doctors. We accept many insurances and work with the patients after they get their prescriptions to fit them in the best frames and lenses, with the best lenses options for their needs. In our lab we cut lenses, adjust and repair glasses. Also keeping up with phone calls, inquires and orders. Working with different reps, keeping up with the latest trends in frames, contact lenses, and lenses styles and options. Writing up work orders and applying insurances and submitting claims. Maintaining a clean environment, inventory of the frames and excellent customer service.
Professional but pleasant place.
Receptionist/Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 12, 2014
I was responsible for answering phones, scheduling appointments, verifying insurance, entering patient demographics in computer, making copies of documents, faxing, etc. Also was trained in surgical counseling.
Pros
good pay, benefits.
Cons
some people were hard to get along with but most were fine.
Productive and great environment
Medical Office Administration Volunteer, Manteca (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 25, 2014
What I learned was that every detail is very important to the patient. You have to make sure to write down if the patient is allergic to medications so that you know that the doctors wont prescribe patients with the wrong medications. I learned that the front office is the biggest step for the patient to feel comfortable. The employees are a joy to work with. they are very helpful when you need assistance, they are all very happy and joyful. everyone gets along with each other. the most enjoyable part of the day is knowing that the patients have a great experience and leave with a smile and are happy with everything we have done for them.
comfortable and energetic working atmosphere
Ophthalmic Technician (Current Employee) –  Massena, NYApril 15, 2014
Complete eye exams, testing, patient services,
ability to learn anything about the ophthalmic field,
great co-workers
hardest part of the job is having to deal with negativity from doctors/patients
Pros
discounts on optical and medispa treatments
Cons
fast staff turnover
A very busy work place
Payment and Scheduling Secretary (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLApril 4, 2014
A high turnover rate, I learned a lot from my co workers about office management
Not Well Managed
Redacted (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2014
The CEO is a great guy, many great people working there. Practice Administrator doesn't know what they're doing.
Pros
some free lunches, decent benefits
Cons
incompetent management
Working as a QC and on production line was better than I thought
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 9, 2014
I quit because it was a night shift and I had a hard time finding a sitter for my kids.
New career and lots of opportunities?
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLJanuary 1, 2014
New career and lots of opportunities? Not half. Here’s my experience with Center for Sight.
I was offered a Front desk position after interview. My first day I learnt that I was going to float around wherever they were short with people. My training started at a call center. It’s a vault with no windows, very narrow, through doors from 4 sides, people walk through all day long none stop, if you want to stand up from your chair you’d better look back and make sure there are no people walking or staying. I would call it sardines. Literally. Every time a person walks anywhere has to watch if there’s another person because two people won’t fit in that tunnel.
My trainer was a 19 y.o. hyper who has been with a company half of a year. She was knocking at every single employee, anything I do or say – she jumps out of her seat, runs to her manager to talk about it. After almost every other phone call she was pi**ed with a patient, called them “st****d, j**ks, death old fa**s, f.., etc” Same about some of her co-workers. And constantly about her job and the fact that was a nurse and the management hired her promising that she would be working per her education. It was not happening and she was saying” I am done with this job” every once in a while.
A week later a manager rushed into that tunnel all red, shaking and pi**ed and had a speech about her being tired of people in that office having problems with each other and suggested to look for a different job over the weekend for those who can’t act as adults. It was pretty shocking; I thought she would have a heart attack. That was the
  more... 2nd time I wanted to leave. A few minutes later the manager came back and said that all that had nothing to do with me. Later on I learnt that most of employees were coming to a manager’s office and complained about one another that day.
Next day everyone was fussing about an employee from Sarasota branch quitting without notice, they all discussed that she talked on Face book for days of how she hated her job.
It was a nightmare. But next week I was at Front desk since one of the workers was supposed to leave and I had another trainer. The very first day she had a conflict with a patient who “asked too many questions”. She showed me what she thought I was supposed to know, in between her own “duties”, she was very stressed, always sweating, she had a fan blowing towards her bottom at all times and it made me and other girls freezing, one of the girls had 3 (three) jackets on. My “trainer” was doing charts preparation for next day. She didn’t let anybody else do it. I asked “ is there anything I can help you with?” for a few times each day but the answer was always “No, I am the only one who can do that…”. She could burst at other girls at Front desk and everybody tried to keep away from her. She was also going to a manager’s office and knock at her co-workers.
One of them has been at Front desk for 13 years and was “punished” as they call it and thrown to a “tunnel” . I saw her crying a few times, she was 51, a nice lady, she got so stressed that couldn’t move her neck, head, and right hand. My trainers both enjoyed it.
On my 3d day at front desk I started to check-in patients, all of the sudden the “trainer” told me to sit and commented that it was too early she let me do my work. I asked if I made any mistakes or if any patients complained. She said no. But she stopped talking to me, even looking my way from that day. Like I never existed. I tried to talk to other girls at front desk and they suggested I have to go to a manager. I didn’t. It’s not my style to go and complain. But she did it.
Next day I came in the morning and learnt that the lady who was supposed to leave was not leaving, she changed her mind. I was “let go” as they call it. It was a big favor, indeed. All I learnt is to discuss patients and co-workers and how “terrible’ they were.
If you want to have a full idea about Center for Sight, then watch the movie called “The employer”. It’s a sarcastic fantasy and an exact description of that place.
Cons
all
I enjoyed working with all the staff and doctors.
Ophthalmologist Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAAugust 29, 2013
We all worked well together as a team. The doctors where good with the patience as well as staff. It was a clean and well kept office.
Pros
a good environment to in work.
Cons
health care was costly.
Busy, Bad communication throughout the Practice.
Employee (Former Employee) –  New YorkNovember 2, 2012
A very hard place to work. You will be expected to know everything with very little training. The communication is very poor and changes are made without thinking of the consequences. All employees are overloaded to the point of destruction, which hurts the company.

On the other hand, all the doctors are very good at what they do, I would go see them for any issues with my eyes anytime.