CENTER FOR SIGHT

CENTER FOR SIGHT United States Employee Reviews

Doctors office for medical and routine eye exams, optical, hearing and medispa.
Optician (Current Employee), Watertown, NYMarch 25, 2015
Very busy office with 4 OD doctors and 4 MD doctors. We accept many insurances and work with the patients after they get their prescriptions to fit them in the best frames and lenses, with the best lenses options for their needs. In our lab we cut lenses, adjust and repair glasses. Also keeping up with phone calls, inquires and orders. Working with different reps, keeping up with the latest trends in frames, contact lenses, and lenses styles and options. Writing up work orders and applying insurances and submitting claims. Maintaining a clean environment, inventory of the frames and excellent customer service.
Professional but pleasant place.
Receptionist/Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee), Conyers, GAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: good pay, benefits.
Cons: some people were hard to get along with but most were fine.
I was responsible for answering phones, scheduling appointments, verifying insurance, entering patient demographics in computer, making copies of documents, faxing, etc. Also was trained in surgical counseling.
Productive and great environment
Medical Office Administration Volunteer, Manteca (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJune 25, 2014
What I learned was that every detail is very important to the patient. You have to make sure to write down if the patient is allergic to medications so that you know that the doctors wont prescribe patients with the wrong medications. I learned that the front office is the biggest step for the patient to feel comfortable. The employees are a joy to work with. they are very helpful when you need assistance, they are all very happy and joyful. everyone gets along with each other. the most enjoyable part of the day is knowing that the patients have a great experience and leave with a smile and are happy with everything we have done for them.
comfortable and energetic working atmosphere
Ophthalmic Technician (Current Employee), Massena, NYApril 15, 2014
Pros: discounts on optical and medispa treatments
Cons: fast staff turnover
Complete eye exams, testing, patient services,
ability to learn anything about the ophthalmic field,
great co-workers
hardest part of the job is having to deal with negativity from doctors/patients
A very busy work place
Payment and Scheduling Secretary (Current Employee), Venice, FLApril 4, 2014
A high turnover rate, I learned a lot from my co workers about office management
Not Well Managed
Redacted (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: some free lunches, decent benefits
Cons: incompetent management
The CEO is a great guy, many great people working there. Practice Administrator doesn't know what they're doing.
Working as a QC and on production line was better than I thought
Data entry (Former Employee), Fall River, MAJanuary 9, 2014
I quit because it was a night shift and I had a hard time finding a sitter for my kids.
New career and lots of opportunities?
Front Desk (Former Employee), Venice, FLJanuary 1, 2014
Cons: all
New career and lots of opportunities? Not half. Here’s my experience with Center for Sight.
I was offered a Front desk position after interview. My first day I learnt that I was going to float around wherever they were short with people. My training started at a call center. It’s a vault with no windows, very narrow, through doors from 4 sides, people walk through all day long none stop, if you want to stand up from your chair you’d better look back and make sure there are no people walking or staying. I would call it sardines. Literally. Every time a person walks anywhere has to watch if there’s another person because two people won’t fit in that tunnel.
My trainer was a 19 y.o. hyper who has been with a company half of a year. She was knocking at every single employee, anything I do or say – she jumps out of her seat, runs to her manager to talk about it. After almost every other phone call she was pi**ed with a patient, called them “st****d, j**ks, death old fa**s, f.., etc” Same about some of her co-workers. And constantly about her job and the fact that was a nurse and the management hired her promising that she would be working per her education. It was not happening and she was saying” I am done with this job” every once in a while.
A week later a manager rushed into that tunnel all red, shaking and pi**ed and had a speech about her being tired of people in that office having problems with each other and suggested to look for a different job over the weekend for those who can’t act as adults. It was pretty shocking; I thought she would have a heart attack. That was the – more... 2nd time I wanted to leave. A few minutes later the manager came back and said that all that had nothing to do with me. Later on I learnt that most of employees were coming to a manager’s office and complained about one another that day.
Next day everyone was fussing about an employee from Sarasota branch quitting without notice, they all discussed that she talked on Face book for days of how she hated her job.
It was a nightmare. But next week I was at Front desk since one of the workers was supposed to leave and I had another trainer. The very first day she had a conflict with a patient who “asked too many questions”. She showed me what she thought I was supposed to know, in between her own “duties”, she was very stressed, always sweating, she had a fan blowing towards her bottom at all times and it made me and other girls freezing, one of the girls had 3 (three) jackets on. My “trainer” was doing charts preparation for next day. She didn’t let anybody else do it. I asked “ is there anything I can help you with?” for a few times each day but the answer was always “No, I am the only one who can do that…”. She could burst at other girls at Front desk and everybody tried to keep away from her. She was also going to a manager’s office and knock at her co-workers.
One of them has been at Front desk for 13 years and was “punished” as they call it and thrown to a “tunnel” . I saw her crying a few times, she was 51, a nice lady, she got so stressed that couldn’t move her neck, head, and right hand. My trainers both enjoyed it.
On my 3d day at front desk I started to check-in patients, all of the sudden the “trainer” told me to sit and commented that it was too early she let me do my work. I asked if I made any mistakes or if any patients complained. She said no. But she stopped talking to me, even looking my way from that day. Like I never existed. I tried to talk to other girls at front desk and they suggested I have to go to a manager. I didn’t. It’s not my style to go and complain. But she did it.
Next day I came in the morning and learnt that the lady who was supposed to leave was not leaving, she changed her mind. I was “let go” as they call it. It was a big favor, indeed. All I learnt is to discuss patients and co-workers and how “terrible’ they were.
If you want to have a full idea about Center for Sight, then watch the movie called “The employer”. It’s a sarcastic fantasy and an exact description of that place. – less
I enjoyed working with all the staff and doctors.
Ophthalmologist Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Fall River, MAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: a good environment to in work.
Cons: health care was costly.
We all worked well together as a team. The doctors where good with the patience as well as staff. It was a clean and well kept office.
Busy, Bad communication throughout the Practice.
Employee (Former Employee), New YorkNovember 2, 2012
A very hard place to work. You will be expected to know everything with very little training. The communication is very poor and changes are made without thinking of the consequences. All employees are overloaded to the point of destruction, which hurts the company.

On the other hand, all the doctors are very good at what they do, I would go see them for any issues with my eyes anytime.
Cash Manager (Former Employee), Venice, FLSeptember 25, 2012
I enjoyed working at Center For sight very much. They have the best doctors in the area for eye care. It was very satisfying to work for them and also very stressful which is why I am now looking for part-time in my field.
I enjoyed my coworkers
Medical Biller/ Claims Follow-up (Current Employee), Stockton CA,July 7, 2012
Pros: i love my coworkers and i love coding and entering charges.
Cons: 4 physicians left in the last 1 1/2 yrs so pay increase will not be happening.
I update pt demographics when new info is provided.

I code the daily charges from the chart and then enter the charges for all our locations which include 6 locations.

When I'm done posting charges I work on aging reports.
productive, but in a calmer environment with a great staff.
Paid Intern (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDApril 28, 2012
I usually just assisted wherever it was needed. I did a lot of odd jobs around the whole office. The staff and management there were fantastic. I was sad to leave that internship when it was over.
It was a fun place to work for
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 16, 2012
Pros: great benfits
Cons: no cons
it was a very busy office I learned a lot about medical records, and co-workers was geart,
Okay
Front Office Clerical (Former Employee), Sacramento, CaMarch 8, 2012
The manager's here are cool.. The Dr. himself can be very mean and strict. He likes things tidy and perfect.