A dynamic oncology practice in Bethesda, MD has an immediate opening for a Full Time Account Receivable Specialist to join the team. To learn more about CCBD please visit our website at: www.ccbdmd.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patient accounts receivable, via aging report and ensure limited aging of accounts by reviewing all in a timely and consistent manner
- Research denied claims and contact payers for timely payment resolution.
- File successful written, web-base and telephone claims appeals and follow-through to resolution
- Assist patients with questions regarding their account and insurance benefits
- Respond to correspondence from payers as appropriate
- Actively communicate areas of concern with regards to claim adjudication; payer trends claim denials and system issues to Billing Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum two year’s experience in medical billing and collections with solid working knowledge of Medicare and third party payer claims adjudication process and appeal procedures
- Oncology billing experience preferred but not required
- Strong writing and verbal skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- Ability’s to manage stressful situations
- Must have excellence costumer services for both internal and external customers
- Self starter and ability to multi-task
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in our workforce. EOE. We also offer a full range of employee benefits including medical, dental, vision and, 401(k) with company matching, flexible spending accounts, health reimbursement account, paid time off, as well as ongoing training & development.