This is your opportunity to help build wellness from the ground up. Although the Center for Discovery has been providing home-like residential treatment services in multiple states for more than 15 years, we are in a rapid growth mode. The need is immense for teens and women with eating disorders as well as teens with mental health or substance abuse issues. We are here to make a difference. We invite you to join us.
The RN consults with the physician and psychiatrist to ensure appropriate medical interventions. The RN meets with each resident, completes a daily assessment, and administers all prescription medication. The RN is responsible to carry out any orders received from the physician and psychiatrist, and reports information to the Program Director and Facility Administrator as needed.
- Completes H&P upon admission for each resident
- Develops and initiates the Nursing Care Plan
- Implements Physician orders
- Is available for consultation after hours and returns telephone calls/pages within ten minute time frame
- Dispenses medication as prescribed
- Counts narcotics each day, logs appropriately
- Meets regularly with medical staff to discuss resident treatment
- Provides assessment of medical problems as needed
- Performs primary first aid and determines need for physician notification
- Must have considerable knowledge of nursing principles and practice
- Must demonstrate knowledge of Axis I diagnosis and symptoms (and specifically in adolescents)
- Must demonstrate knowledge of medications and their proper application and use
- Able to take vital signs
- Able to provide First Aid
- RN/LPN License required
Center for Discovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.