About The Center for Psychoanalytic Studies
The Center for Psychoanalytic Studies is a nonprofit educational institution dedicated to educating clinicians in psychoanalysis and psychodynamic psychotherapy and providing affordable mental health treatment to individuals in the wider community.
The Center is seeking an executive director to work with the Faculty to build a board of directors and to develop a comprehensive fundraising program, as well as to provide administrative direction for the Center’s programs.
In Addition, the Executive Director will provide guidance and support to the board, staff and volunteers, ensuring public awareness of CFPS goals and spearheading the organization’s development efforts.
The Executive Director reports to the President of CFPS.
- Significant experience working with a board of directors and committees; experience in business management, planning and financial oversight
- Master’s degree preferred, though Bachelor’s degree acceptable when combined with significant work experience
- Experience working with non-profit and mental health organizations preferred
- Prior fundraising experience, CFRE a plus
- Self-starter, able to complete tasks with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exemplary program management skills
- Highly organized work style; strong planning skills and follow through
- Strategic thinker
- Goal oriented
- Team player
- Must demonstrate high degree of initiative and a commitment to service in support of the organization’s mission, its staff and volunteers
- Must be a strong communicator with excellent oral and written communication skills who can build and maintain internal and community relationships, provide a high level of leadership and exude vision and passion for the mission
- Must be a strategic, engaging and bright thinker who has high energy and a strong work ethic
Financial, Operational and Program Administration
- Must be able to work with program directors and committee chairs in the preparation of their programs and in the execution of the details related thereto, including day to day planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization’s programs and services.
- Must have ability to build trust and rapport with leaders internally as well as with the national organization
- Must have technologically advanced skills to maintain the current office structure and financial needs of the Center, including database management, management of the website, and proficiency with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office and social media
- Must have flexibility and willingness to adapt to the day to day needs of the organization in a period of growth and change
Board Development and Fundraising
- Experienced fundraising professional able to help develop and work with a community Board dedicated to overseeing and securing the financial basis for the successful implementation of the Center’s educational and community service mission
- Skilled at developing relations with philanthropic communities, initiating funding requests and writing grant proposals
Outreach & Community Relations
- Must have the skills and ability to guide the Center in its stated goal of developing a community based low fee clinic
- Must work actively with Center staff and volunteers to advertise the Center’s educational programs and recruit trainees
CFPS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, age, gender, sexual orientation or physical disability.
Respondents are invited to send a letter of interest, a statement of qualifications, a current resume, and three professional references.
In addition, applicants should send a one page statement describing a situation from their past work history in which they mishandled a task and how they would now do it differently. The review of materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled, preferably for a January 1, 2013 start date.