Children’s Services Director
Responsible to: Executive Director
Duties and Functional Responsibilities: Advocates both individually and systemically, at all times, on the behalf of battered women and their children and survivors of sexual assault.
A. Personnel Management
1. Recruits, hires, supervises, evaluates, and terminates children’s personnel.
Provides training for children’s staff.
B. Program Planning and Activities
1. Conducts children’s program planning and supervises the delivery.
2. Receives requests for children’s services and delegates those requests to the appropriate individuals.
1. Provides monthly statistics to the Executive Director for children’s services.
2. Promotes and advertises children’s prevention services for the Center and the community.
3. Seeks funding for children’s services under the direction of the Executive Director.
4. Serves as the Project Manager for the Federal OJP grant since 1999.
5. Develops and maintains library/video resources for children’s services.
6. Conducts education classes regarding children/youth and sexual assault/domestic violence issues to the community.
7. Participates in agency functions and community outreach.
8. Provides back up for the Executive Director.
D. Direct Service Activities
1. Provides crisis services individually and in group and family settings as needed.
2. Maintains client files and complete monthly reports.
3. Provides case reports upon request.
4. Shares pertinent case information with other community professionals. Sits on area LB1184 child abuse teams (Butler, Colfax, Platte, Polk).
Qualifications: BSW or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.