CenterCal Properties is currently seeking a qualified lease administrator. The ideal candidate is a paralegal or experienced lease administrator in the commercial real estate industry.
GENERAL PURPOSE: The Lease Administrator is responsible for interpreting, documenting, tracking and administering the comprehensive lease administration process from the lease approval request (“LAR”) stage to the execution of leases. Works in conjunction with the leasing team, tenant coordination department and outside counsel.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Liasiase with outside counsel to draft leases, amendments, renewals and extensions
- Input and maintain lease tracking in database in an accurate and timely manner so status is available in real-time
- Track lease terms, commencement dates, expiration dates, renewal deadlines and termination dates
- Create lease abstracts to include co-tenancies, exclusives, delivery / rent commencement dates, radius restrictions, sales voume terminations, etc.
- Create tenant conforming deal sheets
- Work directly with tenant coordinators on Exhibits to ensure consistency between scopes of work defined in the letter of intent (“LOI”) and lease
- Generate Lease Status Reports, as needed
- Generate Lease Commencement Date Memorandums and distribute for Tenant and Landlord execution
- Review all lease documents prior to Landlord execution
- Work directly with property managers and property accountants to ensure lease terms are set up correctly in lease accounting software
- Responsible for organizing, distributing and saving all executed lease documents
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Bachelors degree is required
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience as a paralegal or in commercial real estate as a lease administrator
- Extensive experience understanding legal terminology contained in leases
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers; manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects, and operating office equipment.
Travels as required to meet accountabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered low to moderate.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and salary history. No phone calls, please.
ABOUT CENTERCAL PROPERTIES: CenterCal Properties, LLC is a California-based retail real estate development company. CenterCal owns and operates a large portfolio of retail and mixed-use properties in California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Utah. The Company is focused on developing and acquiring high-quality retail and mixed-use properties throughout the western United States through CenterCal LLC, a joint venture with the California State Teachers Retirement System. www.centercal.com