Centerplate

Centerplate United States Employee Reviews

Team oriented atmosphere where everyone shares to same goals for the organization
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 16, 2015
Pros: Communication, Team Player, Dependable
Cons: No cross training
I start my day by reviewing and coding all invoices, then I enter the invoices into Lawson. I create the batch sheet for my controller and VP to review and sign. Then I send the invoices over to corporate for check processing. I review all statements and vendor inquires, then I begin to resolve all discrepancies one at a time until all issues are gone. My company is okay to work for in this city, I rate my company at a 3out of 5
LOVE WORKING IN BANQUETS
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 13, 2015
Pros: LIVING IN DETROIT WORKING IN DETROIT
Cons: HOW BIG COBO HALL IS YOU CAN GET LOST
CENTERPLATE IS A GREAT COMPANY AT COBO HALL THEY ARE VERY ORGANIZED AND WORK VERY HARD TO PLEASE THE GUESTS AND CUSTOMERS ATTENDING ANY EVENT
Very productive and active workplace.
Cashier/Food Server/Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Bay AreaApril 10, 2015
Pros: Interaction with people
Cons: Volunteer work
Typical day at work is me to start counting the inventory and put out the products to be sold for the event. Then I am cashiering and serving customers.The group I work with are a very bright group. The work I do for centerplate is volunteer work raise money for my old college basketball team. I enjoy the fans at every event we work. Some are vicious but it is always nice to have a challenge.
productive Friendly place to work
Banquet Server and Bartender (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: health vbe
I did all the banquets and catering for the convention center and Lucas oil stadium. Also was a bartender when was needed.
productive but a lot of standing
Concession Stand Attendant (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 6, 2015
This place is a good place to start out but it is a lot of standing. It requires discipline and listening skills too.The hardest part of the job is staying on your feet. The most enjoyable part of the job, however, is the interaction with the customers.
Having Fun at the Job
Concessions Cashier (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 6, 2015
Pros: social job, organized manager
Centerplate is a fun company to work for. As a concessions cashier, I can use my customer service skills to make all clients happy, while being physically active during my work hours. I am able to talk with the customers while providing them with what they want. My manager is understanding and very organized, while my co-workers are friendly and are willing to help me with my tasks. Some concession stands are a little more hectic than others, but the job is basic and easy to understand.
Fun and lively working atmosphere, very diverse co-workers
Merchandise Manager, Camden Riversharks (Former Employee), Camden, NJApril 3, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, Discounted Sports Merchandise, Job Advancement
Cons: Large amount of travel, Parking usually not discounted, Tolls and Gas not reembursed
Great place to work, especially for current students and recent college graduates.

Lots of opportunities for advancement and promotions.
Good
Food Server (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 17, 2015
I have worked with this company a long time. I have done everything from food service to merchandiser to payroll clerk. The hardest part is the long work days.
Interesting place of work.
Merchandise Supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: working outside and with good people.
Cons: limited heathcare and no 401k but it can be a seasonal job.
A typical day at work was on Chargers Game day you arrive at 5 am and get start to work immediately. You clean and setup Tents, Carts and Hawkers so that the sellers can do their jobs easier.

However the week leading up to the game day you're preparing for the event by restocking. Cleaning the warehouse. Assisting the Team Store with Merchandise setup and fixtures.

The hardest part of the job was you could have worked 100 hours in a week but that all depended on how the Season was going.

I learned alot about Inventory.

My Co-workers where very nice and people person.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing big pay checks and also the experience especially when we flew to Denver to help them with their inventory.

The General Manager was always greet-able and talk-able.
Won=derful palce to work and get the job done great.
Paid Intern (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free foo, fun atmosphere
Cons: non
This is a great Company,and I would love to continue to work for them in the future. The food is great and management is wonderful. Could not ask for more.
Fast pace working enviroment
Line Server/ Food Runner (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free food, flexible schedule
Cons: short shifts
A typical day at work is coming in preparing to open my area before the schedule time. Take and make order in a timely manner with great customer service while providing good quality food. I have learned how a business is ran in an big environment with high standards. I work with different cultures who teaches me new values in life and how different cultures live and work ethics.
*FUN* place
Intern (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 9, 2015
fun environment with fun people. Everybody is trying to help each other and get all of the necessary work done. Some of the funniest and coolest people I have ever met
Company is a leader in the field
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Denver, ColoradoMarch 6, 2015
Pros: company is a recognized leader in the industry.
Great work environment. Opportunity to work prestigious events. Very supportive coworkers and managers. Work schedule is event driven and changes frequently.
A Fun Environment To Work In
Server (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 5, 2015
I am a people person and I like to have fun. I had fun coworkers. On certain days we stayed busy but I made it fun and I put plenty of smiles on customers faces.
First job
District Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 3, 2015
It was a great company to work for before they company closed. I learned a lot and made some really great friends. After 9/11, the company eventually closed.
Productive and fun workplace in a fast paced setting.
Stand Manager (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 16, 2015
This was my favorite job. I loved working events in the fast paced environment. This job strengthened a lot of my skills as I started out at the bottom and was promoted and given more responsibilities.
Level of professionalism dealing with a major baseball team and a culture of working with union employees.
Executive Chef - ATT Park (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: level of challenge and excitement
Cons: long hours but predictable in this industry
ATT Park has a high degree of professional individuals with an excellent work ethic and high levels of enthusiasm. Employees are well trained and work well with each other. Management has a policy of inclusion and create a positive work culture.
good ole irish pub
Prep Cook/Utility Worker (Former Employee), Landover, MDFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: fun and excitting
Cons: far out traveling and trafic
how do you keep a lid on a secret like Sulllivans good food great atmosphere just not making enough money to compensate the workers
a wonderful place to work at.
concision cook (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 5, 2015
it was great to work there at the Levi stadium the people that worked there were nice to speak to. it was always very busy on game day or events people are nice when they visit. management were terrific to talk to they were always busy but if they have time they will see if you are doing okay
Pleasant to work at Levi's Stadium, where Centerplate is the food & beverage concessionaire
Concession Stand Lead/Supervisor - QuickServe (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free food on event days.
Cons: no benefits the company offers whatsoever to it's employees.
- The job is seasonal and based upon event bookings by the stadium, so there are hardly any working days involved.
- I've learned the responsibilities and duties of being a Concession Stand Supervisor.
- Management's training program needs to improve on it's approach of training it's employees.
- Co-workers are often times un-cooperative with adhering to job tasks and guidelines.
- The hardest part of the job involves constant disruptions when working in a "fast-paced" environment.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is enjoying what I do.

1 2 3 4 5