Centerpoint Medical Center

Centerpoint Medical Center Employee Reviews

good place to work and close to home
Pharmacy tech/Buyer (Current Employee), Independence,MoMay 11, 2015
I started my day at 5:30. I pulled narcotics, delivered meds to surgery suites that came up and a pyxis fill, checked to make sure all items were filled accordingly and checked for expired meds. At 7:00 began to fill the pyxis for all of the hospital. At 9:00 I filled the ortho bags needed for surgery, after that I did the packaging that was needed for the day. after lunch wrapped up the final things to be done for surgery that day. Filled first doses and a small cartfill. At Centerpoint we all were as a team and if someone else needed help wiith something we jump in to do whatever is needed.
Good place
OFFICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Independence, MOMarch 9, 2015
I enjoyed working there during my employment. They had lots of activities for their employees. I wouldn't mind working there again in the future.
Huge cultural divide between new and veteran nurses.
Registered Nurse, Leadership Team (Former Employee), Independence, MOFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: huge cafeteria discount
Cons: low starting payscale, no union representation
Brand new gorgeous facility with the latest technology being run by and staffed with veteran RN's who are resistant to change and endorse the stereotype of, nurses eat their young.
Volunteer Patient Intake, Same-Day-Surgery (Current Employee), Independence, MOFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great work place
Cons: more staff needed
Health care professionals are caring and customer service is excellent. Patient care is excellent. Customer service is stressed. Staff works together. Management cares about the employees. Safe place to work. Volunteers are a plus and they are treated with respect. Staff is encourage to give input and there ideas are implemented when possible. Parking for staff is excellent.
Great people to work with.
Athletic Trainer (Current Employee), Independence, MOOctober 19, 2014
Pros: summers off
Cons: low pay, no opportunity for advancement
Athletic Trainer responsible for the care, treatment, and prevention of athletic related injuries.

Average day consists of taping and or taking athletes through their rehabilitative program before covering practices and or games for the evening. I cover a local high school so I am the only ATC on site, but I have co-workers that cover other local high schools in the area for support.
Great employer for clinical staff
Patient Access (Former Employee), Independence, MOJuly 25, 2014
Pros: benefits to include hra and stock options, opportunity to help community
Cons: low pay, bad work life balance
I worked in patient access both as a staff member as well as management. While nursing and physician skill is top notch, the corporate culture is lacking if you are not clinical staff. Pay is the same, nursing paid well, support staff are quite under paid and under appreciated.
Co-workers
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Independence, MOJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: education
You always worked as a team. At the end of rounds everyone checked on one another before going on break.
Best place
staff nurse (Former Employee), Independence, MONovember 8, 2013
Great supervisors. hard work but nurses are easy get along with there.
Not a friendly or welcoming environment
Tech (Current Employee), IndependenceJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: fast paced
Cons: better training on employee conduct with another
To many unfriendly ppl you would think if you work with patients and are supposed to care about ppl that some of the nurses and other techs would be friendly and welcoming to there co-workers...not so much here. The bad out weighs the good.
Its a nice place to work.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Independence, MONovember 13, 2012
The facility is new so there are alot of "cool" technological/advance equipment!
fast paced, with little down time
rn (Former Employee), Independence, MONovember 11, 2012
Pros: some co workers willing to help
Cons: very clicky staff, have to watch your back, very fast paced with few breaks
a typical 12 hour shift will allow you only a 30 minute break. fast paced with lots of doctors giving orders all at once.
Not employee friendly
Staff Therapist (Former Employee), Independence MOJuly 5, 2012
Cons: many
Although there are many awesome employees there is a major problem with Managment
Enjoyable place to work.
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), Independence, MOMay 24, 2012
Pros: patients and the other employees
Cons: unfortunately, i was unable to take scheduled vacations, due to the director constantly changing her mind.
Really enjoyed working in the hospital setting, the employees, and most importantly really enjoyed meeting and helping all the different, new people who would come in to the hospital each day.
Great Fast Pace to Work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Independence, MOMay 9, 2012
Face to Face contact with patients. Little down time. Constant computer use and paperwork.

About Centerpoint Medical Center

Centerpoint Medical Center is part of HCA Midwest Health, a network of hospitals in the Kansas City and surrounding areas.