Centerpoint Medical Center Employee Reviews

Not recommended
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOJuly 12, 2017
Some bosses are différents to others
Lead supervisors feel like gods and believe they are the owners of your life,

The housekeeping director does not know how to make decisions, and does not have a preparation for that job post, makes differences between workers and abuses Of your position occasionally
n/a
Emergency Department Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMay 23, 2017
Work/Life balance depended on department and hours. There have been Directors in past that wouldn't allow anyone to take time off work. But then other departments were very flexible as long as you put in your hours for the week. Twelve hour night shifts were always the hardest but that is more of a life style choice.
Calm and fun workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMarch 20, 2017
going in I knew very few things, my bosses and fellow co-workers were extremely helpful. A typical day at work was compounding IV's, answering phone calls to answer nurses questions or relay messages to the pharmacist, and filling the Pyxis machines. I learned something new every single day there was never a dull moment for my brain. The hardest part of my job was probably making sure I did everything I needed to do in order to accomplish another day of working. Being a pharmacy tech working in a hospital is a lot of responsibility making sure you are organized, clean, on your toes, have good communication, respect, and being precise when dealing with the medication so there are no errors. The most enjoyable part of my job was building relationships with my co-workers and like I said I learned something new everyday.
If they do not like you
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMarch 13, 2017
you are not going to keep your job. No one one helps you. Management has their favorites. If someone who has been there for a long while wants you out, you will be out no matter what. Working without breaks and lunches sometimes. No team work.
Pros
Cons
pay, hours and advancement (none)
Awesome People
Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOFebruary 13, 2017
Awesome people, loved working with the. Laid back working environment. Very driven for succes group of people. Couldnt ask for a better staff and team of people.
Great Company
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 25, 2017
Good company only problem I had was not enough PRN jobs to work with my nursing school schedule. The house supervisors weren't very understanding when calling out sick. But over all good company
Too many hours
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Independence, MO 64057January 18, 2017
I found it very hard to balance job hours with life. They would not allow us to get off at our scheduled time. Bonus was a lot of overtime but after a while very hard to balance.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Too many hours
Day at Work
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 12, 2015
I transfer calls to the correct department and also dispatch medical personnel to the correct area. I answer all incoming calls to the hospital
Pros
Able to work by myself
Cons
no breaks
Absolutely sucks
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 7, 2015
The management is horrible. Its all work,work,work no time off. Tons of attitude floating around. Full of drama. Nurses are b**ches,
It's your typical day in the OR...
Registered Nurse Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 30, 2015
Some days are good, some days are bad. Some surgeons are grumpy, some are happy. It's give or take every day, but it's that way everywhere.
Kitchen ran smoothly except when computer shut down
Kitchen Helper/Florals for Cafeteria (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 10, 2015
Did dishes for patients, cleaned, pots and pans.Enjoyed my co-workers, made some good friends along the way. Always did my very best to accomplish what was required and needed for the job, I always finished my work
Pros
free lunch, Christmas Party, Christmas gift card, gift during employee week
Cons
this year shortened days off from 9 to 7
nice place to work
Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMay 19, 2015
my boss was very caring I never worked anywhere the staff was so friendly and caring our chef was so knowledgeable and helpfull Ithink the hardest part of my job was being short handed and trying to fill positions I enjoyed most lunch break as Icould have a chanceto get to know my co-workers
Pros
free lunches and my boss telling me great job
Cons
sometimes being short staffed
good place to work and close to home
Pharmacy tech/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Independence,MoMay 11, 2015
I started my day at 5:30. I pulled narcotics, delivered meds to surgery suites that came up and a pyxis fill, checked to make sure all items were filled accordingly and checked for expired meds. At 7:00 began to fill the pyxis for all of the hospital. At 9:00 I filled the ortho bags needed for surgery, after that I did the packaging that was needed for the day. after lunch wrapped up the final things to be done for surgery that day. Filled first doses and a small cartfill. At Centerpoint we all were as a team and if someone else needed help wiith something we jump in to do whatever is needed.
Good place
OFFICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMarch 9, 2015
I enjoyed working there during my employment. They had lots of activities for their employees. I wouldn't mind working there again in the future.
Huge cultural divide between new and veteran nurses.
Registered Nurse, Leadership Team (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOFebruary 25, 2015
Brand new gorgeous facility with the latest technology being run by and staffed with veteran RN's who are resistant to change and endorse the stereotype of, nurses eat their young.
Pros
huge cafeteria discount
Cons
low starting payscale, no union representation
Volunteer Patient Intake, Same-Day-Surgery (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOFebruary 4, 2015
Health care professionals are caring and customer service is excellent. Patient care is excellent. Customer service is stressed. Staff works together. Management cares about the employees. Safe place to work. Volunteers are a plus and they are treated with respect. Staff is encourage to give input and there ideas are implemented when possible. Parking for staff is excellent.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
more staff needed
Great people to work with.
Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 19, 2014
Athletic Trainer responsible for the care, treatment, and prevention of athletic related injuries.

Average day consists of taping and or taking athletes through their rehabilitative program before covering practices and or games for the evening. I cover a local high school so I am the only ATC on site, but I have co-workers that cover other local high schools in the area for support.
Pros
Summers off
Cons
Low pay, No opportunity for advancement
Great employer for clinical staff
Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJuly 25, 2014
I worked in patient access both as a staff member as well as management. While nursing and physician skill is top notch, the corporate culture is lacking if you are not clinical staff. Pay is the same, nursing paid well, support staff are quite under paid and under appreciated.
Pros
benefits to include hra and stock options, opportunity to help community
Cons
low pay, bad work life balance
Co-workers
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 28, 2014
You always worked as a team. At the end of rounds everyone checked on one another before going on break.
Pros
Education
Best place
staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 8, 2013
Great supervisors. hard work but nurses are easy get along with there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centerpoint Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6