CENTERS FOR DIALYSIS CARE Employee Reviews

Great Place to work towards advancement
Technical Manager of Acute Biomedical Services (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJune 22, 2017
A growing company with a lot of potential for advancement. Staff and management are well educated in the field. Good Training programs. Benefits are good and comparable to other dialysis companies. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Pto
Cons
turnover rate of staff is high
Great training
LPN (Current Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHJune 13, 2017
Company overall is not great, cuts hours because they don't want to pay overtime but continues to add more patients. Short staffed, patient load is too much
Pros
great training
Cons
Patient load is too much 6 to 1 Low salary
student intern
Graduate Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 16, 2017
I was here as a graduate student intern. Let's just say that I didn't really enjoy my time here. The lady I worked with had a lot to deal with/take care of, and she might not have had the time for me.
good job for starting a career in healthcare
Certified Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Painesville, OHFebruary 22, 2017
rewarding place to work. good benefits and optional overtime if wanted. you are expected to go above and beyond the call of duty. you aree expected to work overtime.
Pros
flexible lunch breaks
Cons
lots of overtime
Great company to work for
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, OhioFebruary 19, 2017
Unfortunately this company no longer is in my area. This company is based in Cleveland Ohio and it was a great company to work for.
Supportive company, will get you what you need.
RN (Current Employee) –  Center for dialysis careAugust 28, 2016
I give acute dialysis treatments, this is unpredictable. Admission and discharges indicate our work day. Our schedule is therefore flexible. Cooperate has been seen going to great lengths to get machines repaired, get agency staff when needed.
A smaller company is where your voice is heard! I'm known and respected. There are no cartoon characters, no mayor, no village. We are simply a team that puts patients first every single time!
Pros
Benefits are amazing, better than Davita! Great to work for a small company.
Cons
Unpredictable work days
ok
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 8, 2016
the job gave me a start introduce me to a new medical field. very interesting. would recommend to anyone looking a change in pace. every company has is pro and cons.
proceed with caution
O.C.D.T (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 18, 2016
very stressful work environment with a heavy patient load. Also very disorganized with patients and schedule. Only the strong survive on the units but the patient can be very pleasant to talk to.
Pros
no pros.
Cons
short breaks if any, disorganized scheduling, open too late
Different
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHDecember 14, 2015
It is a very interesting company to work for. Very different type of people and atmosphere. It has definitely been an experience.
Extremely hectic. Multiple competing priorities
Chief Human Resources Officer (Current Employee) –  corp. offices. Shaker HeightsNovember 9, 2015
Fast paced setting with multiple competing priorities. challenging work environment.
committed staff . Excellent people outcomes. large company stetting with the advantages of a small provider. Love the patients!
Pros
fast paced
Cons
several future uncertainties

Want to know more about CENTERS FOR DIALYSIS CARE?

Ask a question
over worked and underpaid
Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  canfield ohioSeptember 1, 2015
over worked and under paid, unrealistic expectations of their employees, management doesn't care about their employees because they're replacable.
Job has the best benefits package and has schedule flexibility
Registered Nurse- Dialysis Nurse (Current Employee) –  shaker hts ohioMay 29, 2015
The patients become family because of the frequency you see them. Patient death can wear on you over time. The Corporate side is truly trying to make CDC a better place. Each center is slowly improving their standards.
Very good place to work for
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMarch 31, 2015
Providing direct nursing care to dialysis patients, machine set up, initiating dialysis treatments, cannulating access sites, monitoring and assessing patients throughout their treatments, administering dialysis medications, tracking lab values and notifying physicians when appropriate, initiating care plans, overseeing the work of multiple technicians.
Fast Paced, long hours
DIALYSIS TECHNICIAN INTERN (Former Employee) –  EuclidJanuary 2, 2015
It's a great job but it's a lot of work. The hours are long and you have to make good timing to take breaks or you just won't get one. The learning aspect sucks in my opinion. Classroom knowledge for 2 days and three days working in clinics with just one or two demonstrations of how it is done along with testing that same week. Company can let you go at any given time without notice. Some nurses are good but most sit around and don't help out. Patients have the upper hand on complaints but some are right with complaints not being followed up in a proper manner. Most technicians were not following safety standards and that's the overlooked norm.
Pros
salary
Cons
stressful work environment, no adequate time between patients to give proper care
Great Company Rewarding place to work
CHT/OCDT (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 16, 2014
I loved my patients, and the staff, it was very rewarding to help patient fighting to survive End Stage Kidney Disease.
Pros
Helping Others to survive
Cons
The lost of life
Decent workplace,, but can be stressful
DIALYSIS TECHNICIAN CLINICAL TRAINING INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Canfield, OhioNovember 5, 2014
Patient Ratio was feasible, staff was friendly. High stress and demanding job if you don't have time management skills. This is an early rise job, usually starting between 4 and 5 am depending if you are the opener or not.
Pros
Gained great experience in outpatient clinic
Cons
High stress
Great Patient care
Ohio Certified Dialysis Tech (Current Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHAugust 4, 2014
The best part of the job at CDC is the patients. CDC believes in providing great patient care.
I really liked being there for my externship site from college. I learned quite abit from them.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 23, 2014
The staff there was most of the time really great to be around. I also liked the patients (or most of them any way). I learned how to make their bleach solutions. I learned how to clean the dialysis machines, the chairs. I also learned how to sanitize the dialysis machines at the end of the day as well as the chairs. It was a very facinating experience for me.
Very fun and happy workplace.
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Chardon, OHJuly 15, 2014
All of the patient care technicians are very caring and compassionate people that strive for the main goal of quality care to patients.
Pros
very safe and comfortable work environment
Cons
long shifts, more down time than an employee would like
working at the CDC
Technical Assistant/Reuse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 4, 2013
Overall working here has been pleasent, my patients are very fulfulling and are the reason why I continue to work here.
Pros
Patients
Cons
No family life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CENTERS FOR DIALYSIS CARE. Our community is ready to answer.

CENTERS FOR DIALYSIS CARE Reviews by Location