Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Employer Reviews

good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Nice place to work. The people are very nice and always fair. The pay is good and you always get a award if your work is good.
CDC Review
Information Assurance Consulting Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2015
I really enjoyed working for the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. From a healthcare stand point they are on the forefront of medicine and keep our country safe from many diseases. Job security is more appealing here since this is a government entity.
freindly work environment
Interpreter (Former Employee), Hickory, NCFebruary 12, 2015
Typical work days are 3 to 5 hours. Field based or site based work.
Hard to convey words into native tongue. This job is making difference doing field based research to find out ways to increase, decrease or prevent certain illness.
Productive Place to Work
Program Manager and Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2015
Working at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is challenging and rewarding. It is challenging in that it has shown me how to hone in on skills I had not used previously. It is rewarding in that the challenge has grown me as a professional.
Productive work day in a relaxed environment
Specimen Management (CDC/CGH/DPDM) (CTR) (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2014
Specimen management is an intensive process and fulfilling at the end of the day. My co-workers are fun to work with and the environment is relatively relaxed. There is no tense atmosphere which is extremely enjoyable. The hardest part might actually be maintaining cooling temperatures for specimens throughout the day.
Very interest work
Team Lead/Financial Analyst III, Contractor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2014
Pros: telework opportunity
Cons: contract work needs renewed each year.
Interesting to see how the government works. The Work/Family balance is very good.
Productive experience learning the Federal Government job structure and system
Health Communication Intern (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2014
I work independently and with a team. I'm enjoying working on the Ebola emergency response. I have been able to shadow co-workers then produce my own communication materials.
Awesome
Public Health Advisor (Current Employee), Jackson, MSOctober 9, 2014
Awesome Experience, High quality personnel.

Every member, or coworker, works extremely hard to accomplish assigned tasks. Everyone is an expert in their area. I am impressed
Productive and Busy workplace
Database Analyst II, contractor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2014
Im sure it great to work there if you are a full-time employee, not so much if you're a contractor.
Great place to work.
Net Developer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2014
Working in Public Health is very gratifying. Very professional work Environment, you really feel your making a difference in peoples lives.
Attended graduate school while also working for NIOSH
Pathways Intern (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVAugust 19, 2014
My opportunity at NIOSH provided me with ample experience in occupational safety and health. The best part of working for NIOSH is that I was allowed to attend West Virginia University to earn my Master in Public Health.
I was at CDC for a tenure of 9 years as an FTE.
Coordinator for Public Inquiries Department (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: holiday schedule of paid holidays / benefits / federal status
Cons: buyout for my job series 318
CDC was the best job I could have ever imagined, the moral was high. Work flow was always consistent and team leads were very professional and supportive.
Reviewing life of students with a lower SES
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2014
I was responsible for going into Philadelphia high schools and administering Youth Risk/Behavior Surveys to the students. It was very interesting to see how staff and students acted in locations where the poverty level was high and socioeconomic status was low. I learned a great deal about the school system and it helped me write my capstone, 80 page grant paper on students with PTSD. The hardest part of my job was getting the students to focus and listen to directions. It was challenging to persuade the students that even though the survey was optional that it would benefit them and future students of their school. I ultimately enjoyed gaining the experience of working with adolescents in a lower SES location.
Great agency to work for!
Public Health Associate (Current Employee), Troy, MOJuly 3, 2014
The PHAP program is a wonderful program for recently graduated students who would like to pursue a career in public health. Great on-the-job training and great benefits!
Job security but lack of career growth in laboratory
Molecular Microbiologist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: no career development
Although I am hesitant to write an open "review" on this page, I would be happy to discuss my experience in person.
Productive Team Work Environment
PUBLIC HEALTH ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Hillsborough, North CarolinaJune 27, 2014
The past year at as a fellow per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been amazing. I've met so many awesome people, and I've learned how important it is to network and build a brand. The most enjoyable part of this job is the supportive staff. The hardest part of the job was getting accustomed to the chain of command and keeping up with the flow of mandated materials per the federal government. All in all this experience has been enjoyable. This opportunity allowed me to work in the field as a public health associate, and implement change in my community. I'm forever grateful.
Secretary II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: transferring from a contract position to a full time position is difficult
During my time working for CDC as a contractor was able to learn how the Federal Government work. I am hoping to gain a full time permanent with CDC.
Excellent and diverse work opportunities
SENIOR CONTRACT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: always an opportunity to learn
Numerous contract activities offering diversity in procurements handled on a daily basis. Offers opportunities to learn new something different each day. Working within different environmental and research projects offered both challenges and rewards
n/a
Transportation Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: benfits
Cons: nones
Not appliation
Great places
Great Benfits
Good Job Culture
Life Balances
Supportive Culture
Research Fellow (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2014
The supervisors and co-workers are very supportive. The work is interesting and informative.

1 2 3