Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Employee Reviews

Federal Healthcare Agency
Office Automation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaSeptember 7, 2017
I worked with CDC for over 12 years. It is a perfect atmosphere for an introvert. Lots of groundbreaking research and health policies are developed that positively change the lives of people all over the world.
I worked in a variety of clerical roles but was exposed to lots of information. The climate does change as the presidential administration changes and can be difficult to adjust to.
If a person has a genuine interest in public health, this is the perfect job for you.
Pros
Lots of benefits, job security
Cons
Very stoic environment
Great Place
Event Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2017
I was brought on as a contractor with an hourly wage. My general manager is awesome and is a great person in front of people and when they aren't around. Great way to get a foot in the door.
Pros
Benefits, working for the Federal government
Cons
lacks personal touch with certain individuals
Making a difference
Project Manager - Center for Global Health (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2017
I love a career that you can make a difference. This was that career. The impact of what I do can be seen from the highest office to the smallest individual. This was a joy!
Pros
Ever changing, dynamic
Cons
long at times
Excellent
Director QA, of Performance Enginering (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2017
Excellent place to work, good environment to make a difference in the global health care systems, and health of worldwide population.
Highly Recommend
Work life balance was good
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2017
Workplace culture was good. very much able to maintain work life culture. Typical day would be like starting with scrum calls. Involved in all the phases of SDLC.
International Travel Preparer
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2017
International Travel varies and is encouraging because it keeps an individual alert with new ideas and/or technology. The process helps with learning about other countries, partners with the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention. Helping to understand how the partners and the world work together to help improve health world wide.
Pros
Learn about different countries and their requirements for travelers
Cons
None, because its always good to understand change and new experimentation
Program Analyst for Business Management Activity (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2017
Manage and maintain supervisor’s calendar, based on knowledge of division activities and communication with supervisor. Supervise and arrange logistics of meetings to include securing hotel and meeting rooms at reasonable cost communicated with meeting participants to ensure they complied with government travel guidelines, as many of them are first time government travelers. Independently monitor contract performance and solve problems relating to contract modifications.
Analyze and perform work assignments of moderate complexity in the various functions of contracting and procurements within the ICE system. Work independently on assignments by team lead and branch chief's request for domestic travel estimates for meetings on very short notices.
Pros
Felexibility with work schedule
Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2017
As a fellow, I have the opportunity to work on many different types of projects. Most everyone is uplifting and likes to help others reach their professional goals.
Exciting learning environment
Consultant/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GAJuly 24, 2017
Working at CDC has been a great experience given the almost 10 years I have been there. A career in Public health can be very hard to build upon especially in the area of global health. The experience working with the Global Health programs at CDC provides a great learning environment and many opportunities for growth. Depending on the leadership and type of work available, it is very easy to gain a lot of experience in a very short period of time. Overall, the organization has provided an environment that encourages growth for those in the field of Global Public Health.
Pros
compensation, benefits, learning experiences
Cons
lots of bureaucracy
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Epidemiologist/Health Scientist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2017
Awesome !!! This place is the best place to work! Public Health rocks ! I am not sure what else to write.. other than ... we are saving you from the Zombies and working hard to make life better for all :)
budget
Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2017
tedious processes that are outdates. more training telework policy differs depending on supervisor; therefore, there needs to be some standardization.
Good if you are around good people
Fellow (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2017
CDC does good work that can be cutting edge. Bureaucracy exists, but only as expected. As anywhere, a good supervisor makes all the difference. Great opportunities.
Great place
Assistant/Acting Officer-In-Charge (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2017
Great place to build your career. Excellent opportunities to learn the breadth and depth of public health work. The opportunities are endless. I would strongly recommend it.
Great environment,I would recommend CDC Armed Guard 2
Armed Guard 2 (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2017
Great workplace, interesting people.I would recommend this job. I work with a variety of people from variations of the Military, Law Enforcement, Researchers and Scientist.
Great place to work!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2017
The CDC has a great work atmosphere where people are willing to collaborate to create great projects. Multiple opportunities to grow through training programs.
Pros
Great people, great work
Cons
Research can be slow at times
Professional Mixture of Two Cultures – Corporate and Federal Government
Manager, SRA (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2017
Reasonable accommodation and opportunities for those who are seeking positions supporting the HHS Department as federal contractors. Very difficult to crossover in to positions of federal full time status as a military veterans, even with outstanding credentials. Now under the current Administrations, the hiring process is cloudy at best and if you are a veterans - the HHS hiring freeze – which there is no end in sight - make the hiring of veterans almost impossible.

Once active military members responsible for millions even billions of dollars in classified and military inventory are overlooked when applying for minor logistics positions involving the accountability of clean water and blanks.
Pros
Opportunities for those who are seeking federal contact positions - 2-3 years contracts.
Cons
Uncertainties with the hiring freeze and veteran hiring process is unclear.
Growth
BUSINESS SERVICES SUPPORT SPECIALIST GS301 (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2017
Awesome Place to grow professionally. I have been working at CDC for 13 month now and I have truly grown in every aspect of my life. I am prior military and CDC has made my transition a lot more easier.
Typical Work Day
Computer Science Corporation Contractor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2017
I supported several hundreds of customers from scientists, doctors, lawyers, and security staff. Many of the people were very nice especially when we were upgrading equipment. The hardest part of the job is it was very demanding some days.
Pros
Holiday schedule
Cons
Extremely demanding
amazing learning experience
NCIRD/VDB VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2017
I was a volunteer in the worksite experience program.
Mentors are amazing, encouraging, sweet demanding and caring. They pushed me to learn and improve my self on an encouraging way. One of the most amazing experiences of my life.
Pros
mentorship, friendship
Great place!
Health Scientist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2017
Great Place! I enjoy not only the ability to work for compassionate people, but also work with people so willing to teach others. It makes for a great work environment with a steady work life balance!