Centers Health Care Employee Reviews

Management was severely lacking
supervisor (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 13, 2017
I worked 10+ hours a day as a supervisor and was salary. I came in on my time off if needed without any thanks or appreciation. upper management favored certain patients in a way that was unhealthy for the patients care while others suffered. I never took a meal break as there was NEVER time to do so.
Pros
Cons
poor upper management
Excellent Organization
Director (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYNovember 9, 2017
I worked at this company in a management position. The leadership and overall environment is second to none. Due to outside circumstances I had to relocate with my family, I wish I had not needed to.

They are fair and understanding of each level of the many business they operate - and most importantly respect each employee and resident/patient/member that they service.

This is a one of a kind company!
Pros
Great people. Strong business sense.
Cons
Wish they were in more states
Centers Health Care Experience
Lead Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 2, 2017
Working at Centers Health Care has been an excellent experience so far. Centers gives you the opportunity to grow within the company. I originally came to Centers with very little healthcare experience and I can say that I have learned such a great amount so far and continue to learn new things every day. Centers is a great, friendly, work environment surrounded with great employees. I feel lucky to say that I enjoy coming to work each morning and working with such a great team.
Amazing Work Environment
Pharmacy Review (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 27, 2017
Centers checks all the boxes for an excellent work environment with opportunity for growth. It is nice to wake up in the morning and be excited to go to work. (Most people can't say that)
Stressful place to work with no job stability. They will fire you in a heart beat despite years of service.
Director of Social Work (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Stressful place to work with no job stability. Free Lunch for non-union staff. Patients are valued and optimal patient care is always the goal. As company expands they will take anyone to fill ad bed and use less staff to provide care and cheapest supplies.
Staffing
administrator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 24, 2017
Ensure each facility is adequately staff for the day, received and make phone calls. Fast pace since I am managing 5 home cares facilities at the same time.
Pros
busy
Cons
not well compensated
a terrible place to be in general
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 22, 2017
most residents feel like they are in jail or a bad sober house. pest problems and the pay is mediocre. always low on supplies very unkempt and the food is horrible
August 29, 2017

Your honest review and feedback is appreciated. We are sad to hear that you feel this way about our facility. We always strive to make sure our employees and residents are properly taken care of. We thank you for informing us about your concerns regarding our facility's overall health and safety concerns. We request that you share with us your constructive ideas and suggestions on how to improve the employee experience with us, as well as any areas you feel can be improved upon. Please contact us at http://centershealthcare.com/contact.

Great Company
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 22, 2017
Great company that cares for its employees. Centers Health Care is one of the leading companies in the health care industry and has a sincere passion for what they do.
Excellent Opportunity!
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 15, 2017
I currently work at Center’s Healthcare and can attest to the amazing work that is done at this company for the patients in its care. Everyone at the company puts the patients care first and diligently work to ensure the best quality care for the residents of the nursing homes. The work environment is positive and vibrant with good pay and benefits; combined with a sense of purpose this is truly a dream job. In addition, the company spends resources training and educating its staff. If you are looking for a good job in the healthcare filed this is an excellent option!
Warm work environment and great people
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 14, 2017
Months into my young career at Centers, I can confidently say that deciding to apply here was a great decision. The people I work with always help when I need, always have a smile and make it an awesome place to work.

Want to know more about Centers Health Care?

Ask a question
Worst mistake of my life
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Upstate NYAugust 14, 2017
Relocating to work with this company was the biggest mistake of my life. I was told a bunch of lies during recruitment. Management is unorganized and unprofessional. Hours and payrates are constantly messed up. The employees are mean, disrespectful, and don't want to help. The supervisors ride your back but have no idea what to do if a problem occurs. Company doesn't really care about the patients or staff and if you're not careful they'll find unjustified reasons to fire you. Proceed with caution
Pros
You'll fall in love with the residents. They're awesome
Cons
Everything else
August 15, 2017

Your honest review and feedback is appreciated. We are sad to hear that you have had a negative experience while working at our facility, and that you felt you were dealt with in an unprofessional manner. We always strive to make sure our employees are properly taken care of and are sorry if you felt that you were treated in an unprofessional manner. We hope you will share your constructive ideas and suggestions on how to improve the employee experience with us, as well as any areas you feel can be improved upon. Feel free to contact us at http://centershealthcare.com/contact.

Lpn
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYJuly 20, 2017
I have worked in this facility for many years. The Facility has come a long way the past few years and I can honestly say for the better. The staff is caring and compassionate. They go above and beyond to care for the residents. I love my job. I enjoy working with the staff and residents. Management is always there when I have a issue, or if I just want to talk. I learn something new on a daily basis and I am grateful for that. I have grown so much with this company and I appreciate that I have been given the opportunity to do so.
Pros
Enjoy my job
Cons
can be stressfull at times
August 2, 2017

Thank you for your review. We strive for quality and excellence in everything we do and we are glad you have enjoyed working at our facility. Our staff always tries their best to make sure our employees and residents are cared for in the best way possible. Thank you for being such a special part of our family and we hope you grow with us for many years to come!

Run Far Away if you want to keep your license!
Contract OTR (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 18, 2017
Completed a contract with this company. Ethics is not in their business model. Horrible staffing ratios. Push to pick up people for "therapy" when not appropriate or justified. They will even "educate" you on the correct buzz words to use to make it seem as though services are warranted. The Rehab Aide was even told, that if they took someone to the restroom before therapy, that would count toward therapy treatment minutes! Fraud alert!!
Disorganized, in a hurry to hire
RN Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 17, 2017
In a hurry to hire, didn't even get orientation time or tour. Carpet in Lobby even was dirty and smelly. Staff shipped in from other places rude, unprofessional and disrespectful. Told not to use cell phones and they were using cell phones right in front of Assistant DON. The staff shipped in from out of town had attitudes. Why don't they hire locals? And provide jobs to the area? They are taking over everything and busing people in from other places that don't care. As a professional, I wouldn't tolerate their rudeness towards staff or residents
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
unprofessional temp staff who don't care, bi weekly pay, just hire anyone
Terrible place to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Granville, NYJuly 15, 2017
Kitchen is a joke. You get some good workers bit are mostly driven out by the backstabbing and constant harassment from other co workers. Management is a definate joke. Any problems don't bother reporting because nothing will ever change
Pros
Some good co workers
Cons
More stress and bs than its worth
Overworked staff
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bath, NYJune 26, 2017
Nursing staff is always shorthanded. Evenings, nights and weekends are horrible. The lack of staff creates and unsafe environment for the residents. administrative team does not have a leader. When you're hired for a certain job the duties grow and grow and grow but your pay does not. The whole organization of Centers Health Care is a joke. Any of the good ratings on this website are either from the corporate staffing people or down state facilities. The upstate facilities overall health care rating is terrible. This is the most on organized organization that I have ever worked for.
June 28, 2017

We are sad to see you had a negative experience while working at our facility, and that you felt you were dealt with in an unprofessional manner. Your honest review and feedback will be taken into future consideration as we always look for ways to improve. We welcome constructive ideas and suggestions on how to improve the employee experience, as well as any areas you feel our care can be improved upon. Feel free to use this link to share those thoughts- http://centershealthcare.com/contact

Great Company
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 18, 2017
Centers is a great work environment. They teach you how to get the most effectiveness from your work. They teach you the necessary skills to advance your career and are happy for you when you do.
July 5, 2017

Thank you for your review. We strive for quality and excellence in everything we do and we are glad you have enjoyed working at our facility. We hope to continue to improve and grow with our residents and staff. Thank you for being a part of the team and hope you grow with us for many years to come!

Great people and work enviornment
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 11, 2017
The short time I'v been working at Centers Health care has been a fantastic experience. My interview and transition process was seamless and the people I work with were all welcoming and willing to answer any question I had. I couldn't be happier with my decision to work here.

n/a
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  airport roadApril 27, 2017
work would always be great for me beacause i would always go in and get my job done. I learned to be a great and productive worker
learned to complete all my task.
Work environment was great
The job was very laid back
I enjoyed going to the wonderful environment.
Cons
i would take my 30 min break and get straight back to work
June 28, 2017

Thank you for your review. We strive for quality and excellence in everything we do and we are glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with at our facility. We hope to continue to improve and grow with our residents and staff.Thank you for being a part of the team and hope you grow with us for many years to come!

Poor
Rn (Former Employee) –  West Kingston, RIFebruary 7, 2017
Very poor management,poor benefits, no incentives for continually getting locked in and no weekend differential pay, staff over worked and stressed, upper management has no compassion and only concerned with making money for the company. Recent take over of Centers totes the facility as subacute/rehab however, the company doesn't provide equipment or proper medical supplies for assessment and care for this type of patient. You are seriously putting your license on the line daily working in this type of atmosphere.
Pros
Cons
Putting your license at risk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centers Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.