Centerstate Bank Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Job loads need to be examined by management following multiple mergers
Loan Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 11, 2017
For those that have been with the company a long period of time, the atmosphere seems great. For newer people it is a little alienating. Did not find much room for promotion due to number of people with longer history with the company.
Pros
Stock purchase options
Cons
Healthcare is expensive and very high deductible.
Growing company, but its no prepared for its own growth
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 5, 2017
I have been at this company close to 8 years and have seen it grow, but have not seen any advancement opportunity for the general employees. Training is lacking for new an existing employees. Nepotism is at its best in this company, tell me who you know and I will tell you if you can advance.
There are many great people who are talented and do their jobs well but are not appreciated.
Pros
Great hours, many new locations
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities, not enough training, nepotism
Professional and caring work environment
International Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2016
This was by far the best company I ever had the pleasure of working for. Superiors genuinely cared for the employees as well as customers. My experience was filled with professionalism coupled with honesty and integrity. I was extremely sad to have to leave this company. The only reason I did was due to being put on bedrest in the early stages of my pregnancy and then being forced to move back to my hometown as I was unable to properly care for myself without my personal physician.
I enjoyed learning new things daily about foreign currencies and exchange rates as well as how international banks did business transactions.
The most difficult aspect of this job was keeping up with different country exchange rates and banking policies for each individual region.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits as well as friendly coworkers
Cons
Not very much room for advancement with limited positions
Great entry level career
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLMay 18, 2016
Company was great to work for before there was a management change. Perfect entry level position for someone who is looking to pursue a career in the financial aspects field.
Very good banking model
Relationship Banker III / Consumer Lender (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach FLSeptember 23, 2015
Great niche bank. Very professional and fun place to work at the same time. I am looking for a job closer to my place of residence. The daily drive is too long.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Treasury Management Support (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLSeptember 11, 2015
Having a happy customer and the end of the conversation, especially when the conversation started it was not so nice. But at the end of the conversation and the customer understood how to use the system, all was good.
Pros
Bonus time
Cons
Healthcare package
Im very produtive in my company. I have sale experience
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 28, 2015
That’s an interesting question. I love Friday , mostly because is the last day of the week and the customer look so happy and I enjoy seeing then happy . we also celebrate ours birthday it is so much fun we work as a team. in my job I have to call the client to wish the happy birthday and they get so excited and that make me so happy.
Pros
we as an eployee have luch once at month. we also get bonus
Cons
when is very slow. I like to be busy.
good
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Current Employee) –  Ocala FLJuly 4, 2015
nice place to work, nice office, nice employees, good banking products, excellent customer service culture is always experienced
A good company to work for
Asst. Branch Manager/Officer (Former Employee) –  Lake Alfred, FLFebruary 16, 2015
CenterState Bank is a good company to work for. Very hands on training and always willing to help you find answers. I learned a lot while working there.
Pros
A good company
Cons
drive time
Enthusiastic hard worker
Branch Operations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 7, 2015
A typical day at Center State Bank involved interacting with branch personnel to help them with systems issues when opening new accounts and reviewing any documentation received for newly opened accounts. The review process involved making sure the appropriate accounts were opened and the proper identification was received from the customer.

During my time at the bank, I learned how to multitask and use my knowledge of banking to make decisions to help expedite a process. I had the opportunity to work as the project manager to help streamline the process of branch personnel submitting their new account documentation in a timely manner.

The management was a fair group of people who took notice of achievements and accomplishments. They were encouraging and recognized the hard work put in to complete a task.

My co-workers were a great group to work with. Many of them were team players and we worked together to encourage each when it came to getting things done.

I cannot think of anything which was hard to do in my job, other than my last day there. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting things done timely and working with a great group of people.

Want to know more about Centerstate Bank?

Ask a question
Change isnt always good
Electronic Security Officer / AVP (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Growing is very painful. As the company expanded, they did a lot of repositioning. In the repositioning, it matter if someone was qualified for that position.
Productive and fun environment, focused on exceeding goals and being the best in the industry.
Processing Associate (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJune 18, 2014
One of the greatest attributes of my job is that no day is ever the same. Each day is filled with it's own challenges and lessons. Although the work flow is based on the business volume in the branches, there is rarely any down time due to ongoing and continuous projects. The department is made up of a variety people. Each person has a unique personality and brings their individual strengths to the table, therefore creating the ideal balance in the workplace. As a family oriented group, we inject fun and humor into each day while keeping on track with meeting deadlines and goals. Probably the hardest part of the job would be the unexpected issues that can arise at any moment. Although it can be a challenge to resolve certain issues, at the same time, that is how we learn and grown. What I enjoy most about my job is the people I work with, both internally and externally.
Ordinary Employment
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Crystal River, FLMarch 12, 2014
Good company to work for, not much advancement within. Learned a great deal about banking, managment seems a bit detached. Co workers were nice easy to get along with.
The element of surprise day to day.
CSR/TELLER/TRAINER (Former Employee) –  12285 south orange blossom trailFebruary 10, 2014
My day at work was full of surprises.From having problems with atm,vaults,checks,customers who just had online questions etc...It was always testing your knowledge to giving customer service to having the security of the environment secured.My mangers were wonderful to and helping train all of the new manager is fun and exciting.The staff was always very supportive to each other and communicated information to be on the same page.The hardest part is unruly customers and calling the sheriff department and hoping. We come out safe with the disturbance within the building.Customers are my number one priority of the job. I am a"PEOPLE PERSON'' .:)
Pros
Knowing all departments.
Cons
no room for advancements.
good place to work
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLJanuary 28, 2014
Centerstate Bank is a very good place to work, and they have good benefits, people are very nice and good all around.
Pros
Very on is pretty much happy.
Cons
you better pay attention.
Community Bank
Vice President/Branch Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange City, FLSeptember 21, 2013
Typical day includes generating loan leads, and approving loan applicants, and loan closing process.
Ran the daily operations of a branch office, managed staff of 4, including annual reviews, scheduling, and mentoring
Pros
able to participate in community events
Worker environment was enjoyable
Teller (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FLJuly 30, 2013
Teammates were very helpfull in the learning process. Learned the process of making money transactions within the banking world. Management was there for encoureagement.
Wonderful job with great co-workers
Teller (Current Employee) –  Zephyrhills, Fl.November 20, 2012
Centerstate Bank is a great job. I Know most of the customers by name, very invitng atmosphere. I have great co-workers who will go out of their way to help me out and I would do the same for them. Work goes by quickly and look forward to coming in every day.
Pros
weekends off, great co-workers
Cons
only part time
Nice workplace, great benifits
Senior Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 5, 2012
I worked for this company for 7 years. Even though we parted ways there are many perks. The hours are great and the benifits are great. If you are trying to move up in the corporate world this is a good place to start.
Pros
no holidays or weekends
Cons
managment needs better vision