Centerstone Employee Reviews in United States

Great team-oriented approaches to client care
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 19, 2016
One of my favorite things about working at Centerstone is being a part of a collaborative team-based approach that integrates the expertise and strengths of a diverse treatment team to provide whole health care for clients. In this model, there is access to clinical supervision and support from team members that prevents any one treatment team member from being solely responsible for the treatment of any given client. With this collaborative effort, clients are receiving more specialized and complete care, and it is easy to feel good about the quality of care we are able to provide as a team.
Terrible management, toxic environment
Therapist, manager, crisis worker (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILApril 12, 2016
I worked there for 15 years. I learned so much about mental health and therapy. However, the manipulative, lying, petty management became too much. Great place to learn if the management likes you.
Pros
Diverse clients, wonderful clinicians
Cons
Executive and mid level management are terrible.
enjoyed working there in the early years
Outpatient Therapist and Substance Abuse Therapist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37217April 7, 2016
great, busy, supportive place to work, making a difference in people's lives, good place to get experience and grow as a professional. Con: change in productivity expectations resulting in unrealistic expectations
Pros
great place to work, good place to grow as a professional
Cons
productivity expections
Great company, low pay.
CARE COORDINATOR/HOUSE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INMarch 16, 2016
Great company low pay sums it up pretty well. Don't expect to work for this company and make any kind of money. They promise a lot but actually do very little.
Pros
pto
Cons
pay.
My thoughts
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNMarch 14, 2016
A good place to work at and get experience if needed for college or something or a good place to work at in general. Now remind you I worked under Centerstone, I worked for one of their residential homes. I loved it.
Dedicated worker with the vercitlity to operate in differnt enviorments
Lifeskills Recovery Educator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 15, 2016
Gained a lot of knowledge about public health, peer support, mental health, and economic diversity. Staff are pretty neutral and you get a chance to learn about the mental health population struggles. There is little room for growth once you worked for a certain lengthen of times. lack of opportunity, networking with no compensation or job raise for the amount of education.
Tough job, low pay, few resources, but helping kids through therapy rewarding
School-Based Therapist (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 3, 2016
Developed & updated care plans, daily session notes, others paperwork was required. As a SBS Therapist, the job requires you to provide individual weekly therapy with client's, case management & family therapy in the school setting, sometimes in the client's home. Carried a caseload of 30-45 most of the time I was there & addressed client issues such as disruptive behavior, worked to improve coping, social & life skills as well as improve interpersonal relationships. Weekly supervision meetings and monthly team meetings were required to obtain appropriate training and staffing. Required to collaborate with community service providers-SRO Officers, DCS, Centerstone Doctor's who prescribe meds, etc. and find additional resources as needed for clients basic needs. Complete multiple risk assessments such as the Depression Rating Scale, Anxiety & ODD assessments, the Youth Needs Assessment, etc. Hardest part of the job is getting all the paperwork completed in the very short time given, see all client's around the teachers schedules, dealing with crisis & keeping what you can of your regular schedule. Co-worker's overall were great & helpful and management understanding for the most part. VERY HIGH turnover rate for this job, most therapists stay no more than a year, maybe two years. Other major issues are the low pay, long hours, too much paperwork (in the last year of my time on the job, paperwork was more important than getting kids seen in session), there are ittle therapy resources provided-I started with two board games only and my boss's boss had no experience with the school-based  more... program and the challenges of providing therapy in a school. I learned very much from this job & know that other school-based programs across the state do not have as good of a supervisor as the Montgomery County School-Based Program.  less
Pros
Learn to think on your feet in crisis & deal with all types of people in multiple environments
Cons
Low pay, long hours, high turnover, few resources, too much paperwork
High stress job with little support from management/supervisors
Case Manager/Rehab Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 20, 2016
Productivity standards that are unrealistic and impossible to reach. Low morale. High turnover rate (3-6 months for new people). No clinical supervision. No real training. Great co-workers. High levels of burnout across positions.
Pros
Co-workers care about mental health and are supportive
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, too much focus on quantity, not quality care.
Great place to learn at a Mental health Facility
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 17, 2015
I absolutely loved my job at Centerstone. I shaped me in many ways. I learned a variety of different positions. Worked with patients, scheduled appointments, did a PR internship. I love that company.
Pros
Every patient is differnt, seeing them get the help they need is rewarding.
Productive workplace, training and supervison
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 12, 2015
Good support and team work ethic. Good supervision and training.
Positive atmosphere worked in specialized trauma program for children and youth. Good training. Difficulty advancing in pay.
Pros
good experience
Cons
limited finacial growth
Worked with a team of others in the mental health field, assuring the clients got services needed.
Clerical Unit Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNNovember 2, 2015
This was a fun environment on most days but could change to dangerous within seconds. It was hard to see people struggle on a day to day basis.
Pros
Got to teach others how to use a computer.
Cons
Crisis moments, tragedy of suicide
Administrative Supervisor, Therapist (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 6, 2015
Centerstone is a great place to not only get your feet wet in a career but also to expand knowledge and clinical skills. I have had a great deal of opportunity and support along the journey. I am a much better clinician having been a part of this great company.

I provide leadership/management for 12 masters level therapist, social work staff who are placed in schools for therapy services. I provide leadership for a federal grant granted to the county school district for mental health services and school climates. I assisted the school district in implementing and training school staff on their prevention program. I also am training and implementing our intervention program as well.

I work with some amazing professional people who are passionate and invested in their career. They embody the word encouragement. The most difficult and the rewarding part is helping kids/families get through life issues.
Pros
Flexible schedules, suportive staff
Cons
compensation
Awesome people to work with.
Transitional Living Advisor (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, ILSeptember 9, 2015
I enjoy taking the resident's to the grocery store and assisting them with their grocery list. They have actually shown me a more economic way to grocery shop weekly. Nice learning position. I enjoy working with the resident's as well.
Great working with prespective foster parents.
Foster Care Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville TNAugust 7, 2015
Work involves training perspective foster parents over a seven week period on a standard curriculum. Job also requires completing an assessment on each family to determine fitness to be a foster parent.
Pros
Work from home.
Cons
No benefitsTeach prospective foster parents a stanard circuulum
Easy job, no micromanagement... no management at all!
Behavioral Clinician Tech (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJuly 28, 2015
I worked as a behavioral clinician in the group homes in the Richmond, IN area. As I stated in the review summary, this was a very easy job. Typically, I would come in, clock-in, and hang out with the group home clients. I was never encouraged to much else with the clients, but when I did I was heavily discouraged from doing so. The tension in the group home between co-workers was immense. So. Much. False. Billing. But don't try to make management do anything about it, they will shoot you down and let you know that the organization managers in the area don't care/don't want to hear about it. If you are looking for a super easy job where you can do pretty much whatever you want (except be ethical) look no further. If you would actually like to make a difference in someone's life, this is not the job for you.
Pros
Easy job, lots of overtime
Cons
Fraud, unethical practices, incompetent management
Improving people's lives /Little advancement/ bad management
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  BloomingtonJuly 24, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the Rehab. Specialist job was seeing the improvement that clients exhibited over the course while working with them. The hardest part of the job was getting the Case Notes done in a timely manner, because the management never calculated the amount of time that these took correctly, so we were expected to do these on top of spending 5-7 hrs with clients everyday. On average these would take an extra 1.5- 2 hours. The ability to move up the management ladder is what ultimately made me quit, and the inflexibility of the management to make any significant changes (that could increase the efficiency of the front-line work with clients) was often a point of aggregation with myself and fellow co-workers.
Pros
Improving people's lives ; flexible time schedule; able to work independently
Cons
Little advancement; bad management; feel like you are always on your own
Managed care for my clients.
CTT CM (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNJuly 6, 2015
Responsible for helping adults with mental illness reach their goals.
Responsible for meeting monthly requirements by insurance.
Responsible for linking clients to resources in community.
Responsible for helping clients become more self sufficient.
Pros
Interacted with all different kinds of people
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare
Great company, great work environment.
Family Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, INJuly 3, 2015
Centerstone is a great company assisting adults and children with mental health issues in order to help better their lives at home and in the community. Centerstone facilitates a great work environment for individuals who are starting in their careers. Centerstone facilitates a great way to learn about this population, and helps guide staff through difficult cases in order to better the lives of clients.
Awful place to work
Cila Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Frankfort, ILJune 24, 2015
I worked for this company for about 18 months. During this time the company merged and everything changed. The main focus used to be client care, now it's all about money.
Enjoyed colleagues and clientele
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, INJune 19, 2015
I enjoyed working at the Martinsville office. My colleagues and client/families I worked with were great. However, manager was not readily available and did not ever feel secure in employment even after oustanding reviews.