Centerstone

Centerstone United States Employee Reviews

Productive working in an office setting.
Billing Assistant (Former Employee), Bloomington, IndianaMarch 6, 2015
Pros: teamwork environment
Cons: little room for advancement or promotion.
Processed mail first thing in the mornings and handled confidential information and submitted them in the computer.
Management was great and organized.
Co-workers were friendly and great to work with.
The hardest part of the job: none
The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a team environment.
Non-profit has it's ups and downs
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), Columbia, TNFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: 40 hour work week.
Cons: not paid well enough.
Job was not entirely bad. Got to experience the job sites. Work with interesting people. Had to support not only Tenn. locations but IN. locations as well. There was not enough techs to answer all calls.
Good company
Account Receivable Manager (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 31, 2015
Centerstone is a good company and the atmospher is very welcoming. It is really remarkable the services provided and the level of care extended to clients.
It's a good place to work where you can set your own schedule
Therapist - Home Based (Current Employee), Martinsville, INJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: i can set my own schedule, supervision is available & there are lots of resources
Cons: productivity is high.
I see clients is the office and in their home doing individual & family therapy. I've learned to be flexible with my schedule & have attended several trainings. Management is helpful & willing to provide assistance when needed. Co-workers are team players who provide support for each other & share resources. The hardest part of the job is making sure I don't work harder than the client is willing to work. It's up to me to help the client stay motivated to achieve their goals, but the client also has to be willing to do the work in order to reach their goals. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing clients succeed, whether it be the small victories or the big ones as each is important.
Rewarding
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNDecember 9, 2014
Pros: lasting friendships
Cons: long periods of time without a break.
Most days were extremely enjoyable, my job with this company was to care for adolescence in State Custody. I learned children are extremely resilient and have a strong ability to survive. Manager was very flexible and open to all possibilities. Coworkers were team players and willing to go above and beyond. Hardest part of the job was having to drive children to a new home. The most enjoyable time were all the adventures we had.
Poor managment skills from administration
Teacher/Counselor (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNAugust 9, 2014
Cons: everything
A typical day at work consisted of listening to others complain about the job. Adminstration would not work together to develop a clear set of rules and did not enforce the rules that were in place. Some faculty members were allowed to do as they pleased while others were constantly told they were not good enough. The whole "the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing" was prevalent. I saw students mistreated, ridiculed, harrassed, and discouraged on a daily basis. I was told by administration to let the kids explode that way we have a reason to keep them. Several co-workers would sleep on the job reinforcing the idea that the job was not important. If you even thought of disagreeing with administration, you were at risk of losing your job. It was a horrible working experience
centerstone
Mobile Therapist (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 18, 2014
The company is great. i prefer not to comment more in this session.
Excellent learning experience
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee), Bloomington, INMay 22, 2014
My employment at Centerstone allowed me to experience how to provide assistance to clients in a variety of settings. I was able to develop a rapport with clients and was taught how to assist clients in anxiety-envoking scenarios in a professional and respectful manner. I was fortunate to have exceptional co-workers as mentors who were available to provide insight on difficult situations. As a rehabilitation specialist who provided care to adults with severe mental illnesses, I faced a multitude of challenges every day. I found that the most difficult aspect was developing assertive communication when relaying news that was unfavorable to a client. With support of my co-workers I feel I have become highly skilled in navigating through difficult situations that arise through patient care.
A Nightmare!
Rehab Specialist (Former Employee), IndianaMay 21, 2014
Where do I begin? Centerstone started off being a fairly good place to work. About 2 years in, it started going downhill. You have to deal with management who has no idea how to do their jobs. My supervisor could never give me a direct answer about anything. It came to a point where I would only ask co-workers or even another manager, because mine is too incompetent to come up with an answer or solution. It was disheartening when you work so hard, long hours, and go over and beyond, and your supervisor would publically announce to the team "I try to do as little work as possible". He would also joke that he was lazy and always tried to take the easy way out. It showed! Then you have the pressures of billing goals. Management wants you to make goal by any means necessary, even if that means enabling a client instead of supporting them to do it independently. I'm not going to say management encouraged dishonesty with billing, but the words "be a creative writer" was thrown around frequently. I also feel like employees are under-trained. We are expected to know how to deal with certain situations, sometimes volatile situations without proper training. There were several occasions when a co-worker or I was in a volatile or threatening situation and would voice our concerns to management. Most of the time management's response was "get over it, you knew what you were signing up for, if you don't like it you can leave". It makes you feel as if your safety is not important at all. My co-workers and I would often complain about not knowing how to do something and our supervisor could – more... never give a clear, uniform answer. There were non-stop discussions about how to properly document services, and our supervisor had a different answer each time the subject came up. A co-worker and I even joked that we hoped we were doing our jobs properly because we felt under-trained and had no leadership. We even joked that we hoped we never got fired because of it because we know our supervisor would not support us if push came to shove. Overall my experience has been horrible. Under-trained, underpaid, little to no recognition, no trust in supervisors or management as a whole. The only pro is the flexibility and pto. – less
Great co-workers, dedicated to the community
Therapist (Former Employee), Dickson, TNApril 23, 2014
Although the day to day paperwork can be stressfull, over all, those who work with Centerstone care for the community and work hard for their clients. There are opportunities to earn bonuses and to advance in the company. I have loved my time here, especially that spent with my amazing and resiliant clients
Centerstone
Nurse Practitioner Mental Health (Current Employee), TNApril 12, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
n/a decent place to work and have worked there over 3 years now.
Great day working with children and their families
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNApril 8, 2014
Pros: working with children, gaining experience, being a help to others, freedom
Cons: traveling, on-call
There are not many typical days working this job. Working with children and their families it is ever changing. It is insightful and rewarding working in this field. I work with children to achieve goals developed on their care plan. I have learned to become a great advocate and to become organized. My co-workers are great it is a team and we depend on each other for help with difficult cases and support. We lean on each other to bounce ideas and gain other insight and perspectives for various situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing children and their families achieve their goals.
A Perfect example of a company not to work for!
Licensed Professional counselor (Former Employee), ColumbiaApril 6, 2014
Pros: watchng children get better under your care was rewarding
Cons: ethical issues with staff ignored.
I worked for this company for a number of years. I did receive good reviews and some raises. However, incompetent staff and co workers created an atmosphere of worry and unprofessionalism. Duel relationships were commonplace. When concerns were stated promises of correction where never fulfilled.
Hardworking, effecient staff at Centerstone
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 27, 2014
One of the many great organizations in Seattle to assist residents with energy assistance.
Don't do it
Case Manager (Current Employee), Coffee, Franklin, Moore, BedfordDecember 7, 2013
Pros: mileage checks can be very high with the traveling that could be expected.
Cons: long hours. heavy work load, if you are caring.
I myself as well as most of my coworkers have expressed feeling over worked and underpaid. I have heard more than once, people within the company felt undertrained, just prematurely put out there to deal with heavy caseloads and issues of clients with little or no assistance from 'management' even after asking for assistance. You can see the multiple counties I was expected to cover. Read the other reviews as well before you consider employment here. I wish I had.
Hardest part of the job was seeing people in need without the means to help them and feeling like you arent making a difference even though that's what your job is, and that's what you've promised as a company. I found that even though I almost always work through lunch to get things done, I am told to list only 8 hours. Though you may start work early in hopes of getting finished early, you will most likely finish late with the heavy workload. Typically 10-12 hours or more.
Personal cell phone numbers have been given out which created a problem when those calls were still coming in around 7:30 pm.
Most enjoyable part of the job was compassionate people sprinkled throughout the company with such compassionate ideas and hopes of helping others, though they are fewer than I had originally assumed and expected.
It is my opinion and the opinion of many that I have worked with at this company, overall our efforts were not appreciated nor were our needs as individuals. Keep moving.
Billing, billing, billing
ACT Case Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, INDecember 2, 2013
As a rehab specialist (case manager), I worked daily with clients to teach basic life skills. All of the clients were mentally ill adults who would not be able to live on their own in society without assistance. There wasn't what some would call "a typical day at work". Every client was different, faced different challenges, and approached their challenges differently. My co-workers were friendly and supportive. Management approached our work differently. They were more interested in client billing to the extent that they encouraged staff to bill dishonestly and work unpaid overtime.
Good experience
Data Entry (Former Employee), Bloomington, INNovember 21, 2013
I learned the system that they use for their accounting department
Supervisor was very hard to deal with.
Health Information Clerk (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 15, 2013
Love my job didn't know anything about medical records had a very good trainer did it for 5 1/2 years.
exciting to see the changes that families do eventually make
Therapist, Intake Worker, Group Facilitator (Current Employee), Columbus, INOctober 11, 2013
Pros: helping others
Cons: families resistance to change
I am able to help families who are facing challenging lives learn to accept help and work towards having productive and happy lives.
Therapist/Case Manager
Therapist/Case Manager (Current Employee), Bedford Co.August 20, 2013
o Provided individual and family therapy for school aged children and their families in home, office and school setting.
o Conducted intake assessments, risk assessments, provided a wide variety of case management services.
o Provided crisis care and assistance

Centerstone Salaries