Centerstone Employee Reviews

Productive and challenging environment
Transitional Living Advisor (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, ILMarch 3, 2017
A typical day at work consist of transporting clients to their destination (i.e. grocery store, hospital), cleaning, conducting room checks for safety, filing MPR if clients are not present onsite. I have learned how to deal with a challenging population while maintaining professionalism. Management has barriers in communication. The workplace culture is diverse with young adults from 18 to 20 years of age. The most challenging part of the job is de-escalating a client that is aggressive. the most enjoyable aspect of the job is developing an on-going rapport with clients.
Pros
benefits and pay over mininum wage
Cons
challeging clients
Overall great learning experience for the work field
Trained Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INMarch 15, 2017
My experience at Centerstone allowed me to develop a more hands on experience in the addiction and mental health field. I have been able to grow as a professional and narrow which direction I would like to take my career.
Pros
flexible work schedule, great benefits, pto
Cons
compensation, little direction on how to do job properly, unorganized
Coworkers make it a great place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Coworkers are more like family management needs improvement. Management shows favoritism toward certain employees. Absolutely NO raises in 51/2 years. $1 for working on selected holidays New Year's Eve/day Christmas Eve/day. Plenty of overtime available. Everyone is expendable.
Management is the downfall of program
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, TnJanuary 5, 2017
Pay is extremely less than any other case manager position for the amount of work done. Management is like a sorority and if you aren't part of the clique, then you will not succeed. Hardly any supervision or accountability which leads to hostile work environments.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Management, pay, benefits
There are worse places to work.
Therapist (Current Employee) –  IndianaOctober 20, 2016
I have been working for Centerstone for three months. The base salary is not bad for this type of work. Staff members are friendly. It's never boring.
Pros
Flexibility, affordable benefits (but extremely high insurance deductibles).
Cons
They get you in the door with promises of productivity bonuses, but fail to explain how hard it is to reach productivity numbers. Also, the company has a bureaucratic structure and everything has to be approved by higher ups.
Great place to learn and help
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 14, 2016
There are many great aspects to working at Centerstone. I really enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot, worked with some extremely talented/compassionate professionals and hope I helped a too often marginalized population, at least somewhat.

Unfortunately, the paperwork is endless and keeps growing. Turnover is high and compensation, in my opinion, is low. However, the continuing education/training is constant and the vacation days are generous.
Pros
Vacation days, compensated training
Cons
Paperwork, high turnover and low salaries
Very flexible, provide work related trainings,
School Based Therapist (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 19, 2016
Working for Centerstone has been an experience which has enabled me to pursue my work related goal. I have been given opportunities to move around in various positions and continue to grow as a therapist.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
compensation
all about quotas and billing not people
Family Resource Developer (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILSeptember 22, 2016
Low pay , monthly quotas expected,3 years no raise, expensive health care insurance, no advancement possibilities,they don't care about clients they only care about billing quotas.
Pros
working with families
Cons
expensive health care
Entry Level Pay even with years of experience!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 6, 2016
A position with Centerstone is great for experience if you are fresh out of college. I do not recommend accepting a position here if you expect to repay student loans or are responsible for adult-sized obligations like children and mortgages.

I worked here with a Master's degree. Many years later, I was offered another job paying what I made fresh out of college!

The flexibility is very nice. There is lots of room for advancement, if you can survive the poverty by getting a 2nd job in the meantime! Staff turnover is incredibly high, as is typical of most community mental health centers.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Salary
Decent job with flexibility and good learning opportunities.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, TN 37091January 22, 2017
- meeting with clients, creating care plans and progress notes addressing client issues, assisting with documentation and other client matters
- patience, acceptance, the joy of helping others and understanding their problems
- very friendly and approachable management although very ambiguous on the job security
- Some of the clients made the job difficult because they refused to help themselves and expecting to do it all for them.
- The most enjoyable part was the moments when the clients improved and were appreciative of your assistance.
No advanced opportunity
Residential Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Frankfort, ILAugust 5, 2016
As a residential supervisor if you want to get ahead do not come to illinois centerstone! The union that pay out of your hard work does not help you! Signed contract, still no raise! Work not valued!
Pros
Helping clients
Cons
Half the time no break or lunch, gossip, poor company ethics and union! All about the money!
good training but very stressful and draining with low pay and no raises
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 30, 2016
Centerstone was a great place to learn and get experience mostly because you get tossed in and have to swim also some truly good people work there. However, count on being underpaid and overworked, count on being ignored with no raises and little decent training, and if you get overwhelmed or frustrated count on being be told you aren't managing your "self care" very well. My self care solution turned out to be quitting- a Very Good Decision
Pros
some good people-also some real duds esp in management
Cons
overworked, underpaid, no raises, little training
Poor management, poor support, a TON of turnover
Therapist/Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 21, 2016
I enjoyed getting to use my own style and interests in therapy to customize my patients needs but there is little to no support for therapists and I was paid less than the people making phone calls and checking people in... Expectations are absolutely unrealistic, we were punished for clients not showing up and pay was cut. No bonus or raise despite how long I was there and responsibilities were constantly increasing. It literally cost me money to go to work after childcare and commuting and the patients that don't show up are using the healthcare benefits taken out of my paycheck every 2 weeks to cover tenncare and medicare to cover their healthcare benefits that they are on showing up part of the time. Management values dollars and not employees-- staff calls it a "turn and burn" factory but it is the nature of healthcare/community mental health in these areas of town as well. If they valued their employees even a little bit it would make a world of difference. 10-15 patients scheduled may yield 3-6 actually show up... even if called to remind and texted reminders.
Pros
amazing clinical supervisor that was supportive
Cons
hours, expectations, punished for patients not showing up/productivity, no raises, no bonus, pay cuts for clients not showing up.
fun productive workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 19, 2017
It was a wonderful learning experience, and I know it will help me with my future career. I enjoyed being able to partake is one visits regarding case management. I also know what it is like to work with children who have Autism. Centerstone was a wonderful place to complete my internship with. I hope to have a job with them in the future.
Pros
Free lunches were provided a lot in the lunch room
Cons
short breaks
productive and great place to work
Family Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJanuary 13, 2017
Management was nice, but stern when you needed them to be.
Co-workers were always helpful, a typical day at work would be sessions with children and families, and working on Life skills, coping skills, etc. Filling out life progress notes after each session describing what was taught to the children/and or family. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with sessions, notes, case management, care plans, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing these kids and families get along for once, and light up when they saw me at school or wherever I met them for our session.
One of my least favorite jobs
Contractual Senior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJanuary 25, 2017
The people I worked with were wonderful, but management? Oh, no! If you're lousy at your job and have little respect for your clients, you might get a promotion, but if you are conscientious and truly working on behalf of your clients, you'll probably be happier elsewhere,
Productive and fun place to work
Adult Case Management Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 14, 2017
Productive and fun place to work. It was a typical 8-12 hour day. The management was great. The workplace culture was great. The hardest part of my job was annual reviews. the most enjoyable part of my job was the people.
Good place to work.
Mental Health Consultant (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, ILFebruary 11, 2017
Good people trying to make a difference in other people's lives. I would reccomend working here if you need a good work life balance. There are a variety of opportunities!
Great people to work with
Child & Family Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INFebruary 5, 2017
Enjoyed time there. There was little contact with upper management. Hardest part was dealing with difficult clients, most enjoyable part was having support from co workers and supervisors.
Pros
Set your own schedule, great peers
Cons
Lower wages due to nonprofit status.
Dedicated worker with the vercitlity to operate in differnt enviorments
Lifeskills Recovery Educator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 15, 2016
Gained a lot of knowledge about public health, peer support, mental health, and economic diversity. Staff are pretty neutral and you get a chance to learn about the mental health population struggles. There is little room for growth once you worked for a certain lengthen of times. lack of opportunity, networking with no compensation or job raise for the amount of education.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centerstone. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9