Centerstone Employee Reviews

True social work
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 18, 2018
This his difficult, rewarding work that is not for everyone. Most complaints about this organization are typical of non-profit work: emotionally demanding, fast-paced including crises, low wages (with above-average benefits), and we bump up against bureaucratic policies from insurance and the state.
Centerstone of Indiana is run by administrators who have ALL worked their way up from entry-level positions so they understand what we do and they prioritize supporting staff. You will be given multiple opportunities to try different roles and advance. If the organization is not a good fit, it is likely the field itself a person is not suited for.
Great Company to Work For
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 9, 2018
I was able to experience amazing leadership at Centerstone Cookeville. I was well trained and helped along the way. Anytime I need anything my needs are met.
Overall pleasant place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 27, 2018
Staff perform good team work, administrators acknowledge when you do beyond your call of duty. We deal with heavy case loads of admissions , transfers and discharges. I have learned different aspects of nursing never experienced and found this to be very rewarding. I enjoy what I do and where I work. I would highly recommend working in a mental health and rehabiliation institution you will broaden your horizons.
In the beginning it was a good place to work
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 21, 2018
The care of management to the employees has declined over the last few years. The mental health of the employees are not taken into consideration at all. It can be very, very stressful.
Pros
Some flexibility, dependent on your supervisor can make your position bearable or not
Cons
Stressful, short staffed, low pay, raises only come every 3 to 4 years, lots of inconsistencies
Barely worthwhile
Behavior Coach (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 5, 2018
I took a position with Centerstone because they offered a unique job opportunity for me straight out of undergrad. I am a school-based employee and I love working with the kids here. I have learned a lot from experience by interacting with the kids and collaborating with school staff.

However, I have grown to loathe working for Centerstone. My coworkers and I feel completely undervalued and disrespected by management. Since being hired, we have lost benefits such as snow days and school holidays. The pay was barely worth it to begin with. I get one sick day off per month and feel strongly encouraged not to take time off. I have had to take unpaid leave during the first three months of employment (probationary period) and one day when I had a family emergency (no bereavement leave & couldn't spare any sick leave). The culture is one of micromanagement and a lack of work life balance. The trainings provided are mostly halfhearted and barely relevant to my position. This experience has completely turned me off from working in mental health.
Pros
Clients, wellness benefits
Cons
Lack of paid time off, no pay over summer, low pay, micromanagement from HR
After working for this employer for 20 years my physical health declined due to the poor training of the managers. They only care about money!!
Employment Coach (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 3, 2018
Centerstone was the worst employer that I have ever worked for due to extremely poor managers and their lack of training of how to motivate employee's; they always made "Mountains out of moe hills" on most situations...they were extremely mean to their mentally ill clients. You had to make your weekly production rate or they would write you up...if your took a day off you were still expected to produce that days income for their revenue expectations. They were always looking for something to point out bad rather than give you a positive response to a good job done on a particular project.
Pros
They use to make breakfast for us and give us gift cards but not any longer
Cons
Meanest Management people I've every worked for.
Stressful
HC (Former Employee) –  INJanuary 3, 2018
I would not recommend working for Centerstone. It is a highly stressful job and the company seems to care more about productivity than it does clients or employees. They do not train you well and everyone is always on probation for policy violations and never get of probation to receive raises or bonuses. Loved my job but not the company or management.
Pros
co-workers, helping people, flexibility
Cons
management, benefits, Hr, work load, documentation, pay, lack of training
Good job while going to school
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 28, 2017
It was a good job to hold me over until I finished school Centerstone has its ups and downs. The pay is low, but there was always work there so there was job security.
Relaxed workplace and a friendly atmosphere
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, TNDecember 22, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people within the organization that are just as passionate as you are when It comes to helping others, being able to build relationships with clients you will always remember, and also "delivering care that changes lives" on a daily basis.
The hardest part of the job is when you are not able to help the individual like you had planned, and having to say goodbye to clients you enjoyed working with the most.

The environment at Centerstone is very friendly and relaxed.
My Supervisor was very helpful when I first started my job right out of college. She has taught me everything I have learned and she has been a great supervisor.
Pros
Paid time off, benefits, perks
Cons
no sick days or bereavement days
Ok place to be
Managed Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IndianaDecember 9, 2017
Minimal training and when you come across a scenerio in which you weren't trained and ask a question you're treated as if you're stupid or inconveniencing someone. God forbid you make a mistake. No acknowledgement on doing your job, constanly having to watch Co worker sleeping, multiple times a day, at her desk while you pick up the slack.
Money before people
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 9, 2017
All about the money....Circumvented DCF rules and regulations in order to enhance their positive outcomes. program was understaffed and had no supervisor
Cons
stress
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, TNDecember 8, 2017
I a great experience working there. You made your schedule. Management was great. I was able to visit Washington D.C. but the best was being in the situation to help people.
Pros
see above.
Cons
Just the travel but that goes with it.
for the love of god no!!
Therapist (Former Employee) –  TNDecember 5, 2017
pure chaos all the time. extremely unrealstic expectations. paperwork is insane. pay is terrible. constant staff turnover. just the most demoralizing experience knowing that you can't provide any reasonable services because you have caseloads that are completely unmanageable. will spend most of your time dealing with paperwork, making phone calls, and re-doing said paperwork. You will feel like you get nothing accomplished and make nobody happy. end rant!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Close to Home
Family Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  IndianaNovember 20, 2017
This was a great opportunity at the time to have benefits for my family. It was not as much as I was making at another job, but it offered insurance and stability for my family.
Pros
Family friendly environment, flexibility
Cons
Long Hours, Meeting Porductivity, Stress of DCS team
Residents were wondeful
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jerseyville, ILNovember 16, 2017
I enjoyed working with those individuals that had a dual diagnosis and lived in a group home. They worked hard at learning new skills to increase their chances of improvement.
Pros
Clients
Alright.
Care Coordinator, Health Link (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 14, 2017
This place is decent. The position is ever changing (as to be expected with a new program), but it had some some ups and downs. In the beginning it was more relaxed and focused on the quality of care rather than quantity of calls you make. However, no
dsp
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 13, 2017
Loved the people I worked with. Manager didn't have a clue. Thankfully the employees picked up her slack. Great hours able to have a work and home life balance
benefits
Cons
managers
Would not reccomend/ More about numbers than helping people
Mobile Therapist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 3, 2017
Mental Health Professionals- Poor management, lack of job training, no support, low pay, minimal PTO given (12 total days including sick, vacation, etc.) , spouses cannot be on insurance plan if they are employed themselves, no lunch breaks provided, extremely high caseloads, fast-paced and stressful. Would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Entry-level positions
Cons
Low pay, no lunch breaks, poor management
Raises are based on productivity
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, TNOctober 20, 2017
Raises are based on productivity. You also could lose your benefits and can be forced to become a contract worker if you have low productivity, and as a contract worker, you have no benefits.
Pros
Free Lunches provided by drug reps
Cons
Therapist are penalized for bad decisions made by upper management, low pay, little chance for advancement
Balanced
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 18, 2017
It is a learning experience for Peer Support Specialist and other jobs available. The culture is good and the staff are friendly. You will learn more about mental health each day.