Centex Homes Employee Reviews

Great Job before Economy Crash of 2008
SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 12, 2017
When the crash happened building stopped and my job was gone. Centex was great to work with for the short time I was with them. Great company, I liked it there.
Centex Homes was bought out by Pulte Homes
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 22, 2017
I loved my job, my schedule could be some what flexible. Every day was different. I was in a pilot program with 12 other division people Centex was a nationwide builder. i work very closely with the company that was in charge of rating our customer service that was going to be rolled out to all divisions, turned out on a conference call with the other divisions that they were giving their input I said I don't have those problems it turned out they were taking my comments on the process and I was using new software before everyone else. Monday was the day that I had to check all contracts that were taken over the weekend and I had to check every one to make sure everything was filled out properly and moved forward. Usually had approximately 50 units being built at the same time. If our division met our annual goals we were rewarded with trips, 1st one was a Friday to Monday cruise. Trips to St. Thomas, etc. Management changed and they were young and didn't fully understand how things in the real world worked.
Pros
Benefits, perks
Cons
Management was too slow on decisions to be made
Great
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 2, 2017
Its cool getting paid daily. Just make sure you bring plenty water. I prove myself for better pay which I didn't receive though. I wish they had more around though.
Productive and awesome work place
Foundation worker (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 18, 2017
Working for Centex is a great experience. I am able to get 40+ hours along with very professional help along the way when learning new tasks and great work environment.
Pros
hour lunch many hours working
Cons
none yet
Stressful
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAApril 19, 2017
The company is now defunct, and now owned by Pulte Homes. Most stressful job I've ever had. Would not recommend working here, although the people were good.
Pros
People
Cons
Poor pay, high stress
Director of Purchasing & Estimating (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 28, 2017
This was a great place to work. The original team members at my first division became close friends even after all of these years. I learned more about the business here than anywhere else.
Great Construciton Company
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2017
Centex Construction Company set the standard for me while working there. They trained their employee's and created a culture that was impressive to work in. They had fun while putting a lot of work in place. While I was there it was a great place to work and thrive in the construction industry.
Fun workplace
Operational Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Had an amazing experience working for Centex Homes as I was able to work in different departments during my time there. They created a positive work culture that had a healthy balance of team building activities and work.
Pros
the people
Cons
Centex Personnel helps you develop a thick skin
Laborer Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxJanuary 5, 2017
Working here I have build relationships with people I wouldn't normally communicate with. Every once in while work would be slow but when it picks up you can get the bills paid.
Pros
Safe working environment
Cons
Work not always garenteed
Productive and easy going
Septic Installer (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, TXJanuary 3, 2017
CenTex is a good company to work for. The owner incorporates a friendly and well done job for every customer. Communication is great throughout everyone and makes the job easier.
Pros
Free coffee
good learning expireance
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CADecember 6, 2016
Schedule subcontractors to perform work on new residential homes under construction. also I would meet with city inspectors to make sure that each subcontractor performs they're work according to city regulations,standards, and building codes.
Friendly
Superintendent & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 30, 2016
Had a terrific boss and mentor that taught me the best way to build a house on time and under and budget, even if we had to do some of the work ourselves to get it done.
Pros
Awesome homeowners
Cons
Picky homeowners
Production
WALL STACKER (Former Employee) –  Buda, TXJune 5, 2016
Nice production work N good workers around me N making progress doing the job right N making the boss man satisfied N good work with people that are experienced in the next project we did its also great labor with the general labors that were hired at the time N great listeners N paying attention
Flexible
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 30, 2016
Centex was a great company to work for, my managers mentored me and taught me great management skills. Unfortunately the company closed because of the real estate economy crisis in 2009.
great place to work
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2016
Very professional and large company and room to move up. Lots of hard work but also plenty of good times to be had. Great management all around. Support from your team. Rewarded and compensated fairly.
Typical construction office
Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2016
I worked here a decade ago so naturally all I can really say is that it was good experience for the jobs that followed. None of the people I worked with are still with the company. In fact, the company itself has moved to Dallas, I believe.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Somewhat challenging place to work, with minimal benefits.
Construction Worker/Laborer (Former Employee) –  New London, CTJanuary 5, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this specific job was the opportunity to flex muscle at the job-site - on a consistent basis! Unlike other customer-service positions, Centex gave each and every one of us the benefit of "exercising" at work (while doing an admirable job, in doing so), thereby allowing employees to burn adequate calories, all the while generating quality work for our military peers.
Pros
Physical activity.
Cons
Minimal chance(s) for advancement.
My one and only time working for a National Company, Good, Bad and a little ugly, due to un-real goals/expectations.
Field Manager on Construction Site (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VADecember 1, 2015
Every day very intense, I loved the volume of production, equipment, suppliers, vendors, subcontractors ,sales , asso.s and homeowners all working w/our system and not complaining; being thankful and blessed for the skills to perform at a high level. Regretfully the multi leveled management element of a large company, there was a lot of back-biteing and egos not meshing for the GOOD of the team. After a couple years they closed the doors and were gone from the area, WOW!!
National Sales Trainer
National Home Builder (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, IL, Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2015
Over a 7 year period, I advanced from a Sales Assistant in the field, to becoming a National Sales Trainer, managing a staff of over 30 employees. I was directly responsible for conducting a two week training program for all new hire employees, in addition to continuing education and performance evaluation. Sales call review, and classroom role play was a large part of my job as a sales trainer. The hardest part of my job was firing employees for lack of performance, or personality (did not work well with others) conflicts. The most enjoyable part of my job, was seeing my sales consultants succeed, utilizing techniques learned in training.
Pros
Finding ways to make text book learning fun and engaging for my students
Cons
Having to relocate to Texas, leaving all my friends and family in Illinois.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  waco texasMay 14, 2015
I did not work for this company full time I was employed as PRN, meaning I only worked when needed. The few times I did work everything was good.