Centex Homes Employee Reviews

National Sales Trainer
National Home Builder (Former Employee), Algonquin, IL, Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Finding ways to make text book learning fun and engaging for my students
Cons: Having to relocate to Texas, leaving all my friends and family in Illinois.
Over a 7 year period, I advanced from a Sales Assistant in the field, to becoming a National Sales Trainer, managing a staff of over 30 employees. I was directly responsible for conducting a two week training program for all new hire employees, in addition to continuing education and performance evaluation. Sales call review, and classroom role play was a large part of my job as a sales trainer. The hardest part of my job was firing employees for lack of performance, or personality (did not work well with others) conflicts. The most enjoyable part of my job, was seeing my sales consultants succeed, utilizing techniques learned in training.
Caregiver (Former Employee), waco texasMay 14, 2015
I did not work for this company full time I was employed as PRN, meaning I only worked when needed. The few times I did work everything was good.
Centex Homes
Permit Coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 29, 2015
Pros: free trips to different countries
Cons: too many chiefs, not enough Indians
A typical day at work was to put the paperwork together to get permits to build house from a great construction company. Follow up with the county to see if the permits are ready or not. Management was OK. The management in Tampa was easy to deal with, but the management in Sarasota were annoying and several supervisors wanted to micro manage people.
My co-workers were OK, everyone was busy performing their own work with no time to assist others.
Sales Counselor...
Sales Counselor (Former Employee), Manalapan, NJApril 15, 2015
Pros: Later working hours
Cons: No free weekends!
The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the public and finding their most important needs & wants in a new home. The hardest part of this job was to constantly make my sales numbers on a daily basis.
This corporation was sold out to a smaller company which was contrary to what was promised to the employees.
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 8, 2015
Pros: The Sales Team was rewarded with group trips.
Cons: There was much verbal abuse from management.
The micromanaging was excessive. Your ideas were not considered important. It was sales driven by meeting expected quotas. You were "shopped" regularly at extremely busy times. Multitasking was central to each day in order to process contracts and greet the general public with multiple home tours every hour of the day.
Commissions were often reduced over a period of time.
Centex Homes
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Roseville, CAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great money, met lots of great people
Cons: working on the weekends
Great company to work for. The are now owned by Pulte Homes but the great building quality lives on because both Pulte Homes and Centex Homes are/were excellent builders. My typical day involved working in the sales office, greeting visitors, demonstrating models, showing available properties, submitting offers to the seller, reviewing options with construction manager. I loved this job. It was the dream job. The hardest part was working on the weekends and not being able to attend family functions but the payoff was great so I would never complain. I got along very well with my co-workers and we all encouraged each other to be successful.
hard working
Shop Hand (Former Employee), Willis, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: a lot of hours
Cons: if they get slow they let shop help go.
always doing something. management was on top of everything. great company. loved all my co works they was super nice and the hardest part was probably shoveling metal shavings into a big barrel
A positive and safe environment to work. Many lasting and lifelong friendships were formed during my employment duration.
Receptionist/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: 100% reimbursement for utilizing public transportation
Cons: some administrative co-workers have a difficult time with listening/understanding skills.
I was a corporate receptionist for Centex Corporation. Centex Homes is one of many subsidiary companies represented through the corporate office in Dallas, TX. I spent 5 days a week, 8 hours per day, answering telephone calls on the main switchboard. At that time, there were 2 other switchboard operators handling the same volume of incoming calls. I learned patience and customer service skills from 3 very excellent communication skills advisors. A typical day at work involved assisting customers with connecting their calls and concerns to the correct people in the company who could best assist them with their needs and concerns for whatever questions/concerns they had with their home, mortgage, insurance, etc. I enjoyed my friendships with co-workers and clients, on a daily basis. There were some management changes that occurred during my employment experience that directly and indirectly effected my position. It was a daily pleasure to know that I made a difference in a positive way at the switchboard. It was always my intention to be of the best service possible to customers and co-workers. I enjoyed my job very much. The hardest part was leaving for the differences of opinions between a former supervisor and myself.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAJanuary 16, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Scotts. My typical day is answering Phones, Scheduling appointments, Scheduling work for Techs, Input production and process payments, Sales, Clerical duties, Investigating any customer complaints. My co-workers were nice I had a great boss. The hardest part was selling.
Great Oportunity
Payroll Accountant (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 15, 2015
Flexible work schedules
Opportunity for growth
Fun workplace
Great management
Not good.
Team lead, Door to door sales (Former Employee), Windsor, CTJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: bad management
The company brought in a brand new manager who had no experience or leadership ability. People got fed up, and 20/31 of us put our two weeks in after a few months.
Nice Co-workers
CUSTOMER CARE & DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Norcross, GADecember 16, 2014
Very busy workplace. Answered calls. Processed payments as well as issue refunds. Great people, great workflow. Able to work close with the sales team.
Excellent work place
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: excellent people to work with
wao, I really loved this accounting department back in Orlando, florida. My supervisors were very supportive and always wanted me to do better. Since I was the accountant for two construction sites, I was overloaded with invoices to process. I think this was the most challenging part of the job. we cut checks every Thursday and all invoices needed to be in by this day.
Nice place to work, lots of freedom
Lawn Service Technician (Former Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 27, 2014
Good hard labor, excellent to employees and high paying job if you work hard enough.
hard work surrounded by good family oriented people
Lawn technician (Former Employee), Mills River, NCSeptember 22, 2014
work is fun and tiring at the same time
management is a good hard working person that I enjoyed working for
exciting planning for the day
punch-out man (Former Employee), Franklin, TNSeptember 16, 2014
another job building new homes. seeing the owners faces when they did a walk through
Fun place to work
Lawn Service Technician (Former Employee), Pflugerville, TXSeptember 3, 2014
A challenging position where my skills made a significant contribution.
Great pladce to work
Field Manager III (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: working outside, great people i worked with, great benifits
Cons: your subject to possible long commutes due to there may or may not have a neighborhood close to you
At Centex homes a typical day at work was have homes under construction and available for sale were all open before 8 am. Walk all homes for quality checks, production calls, and punch lists. I worked with a great team that were very knowledgeable and helpful at any given time. I enjoyed being able to help people with their dreams of home ownership, being able to work outside, and being able to live a comfortable life.
I helped people select options and upgrades for their homes
Design Coordinator (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAAugust 26, 2014
My responsibility was to meet with people that had bought homes from Centex and assist them in their selections of flooring, cabinets, electrical, countertops, etc for their new home. Our design meeting may last 4 hours or more, but it was always a pleasure sitting with each and every buyer. Once the selections were made, I would enter them in the computer, and the ordering process would begin. Once installed, I would walk the home to make sure everything was as ordered prior to move-in. If something was wrong, it would be corrected. We wanted our buyers to be 100% satisfied. This was probably one of the best jobs I ever had the pleasure of having. I was so sorry when the housing market took a hit and Centex had to restructure.
Multitasking a MUST
Insurance Coordinator - Payroll - Purchasing (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great woking enviroment
• Payroll processing for staff of over 100 employees