Centier Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Customer Service Driven!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INFebruary 21, 2014
Everything about Centier Bank was Customer service! the goal for the bank was to hire personalities that were trainable. I learned the importance of organization at this job, because mistakes within the bank could result in a slew of problems. I also learned proper business etiquette, and telephone etiquette as well. The scheduling was great, there didn't seem to be a lot of room for advancement because the turnover was so low. Centier treated their employees well.
Pros
shares offered to employees, great shedule, pto, and paid holidays
Cons
expensive benefits
People oriented financial institution
Prime Time Banker/Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INOctober 29, 2015
Centier was a wonderful place to start a career. Each branch is like a family and they are all welcoming. They know their customers and look out for them. The managers want their people to succeed and encourage training, growth, and development.
Great family owned company!
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 25, 2015
Centier is a great company to work for! They have excellent benefits and they truly care about their associates! The most enjoyable part of the job were the people that worked there. The hardest part of the job is that they are really starting to push sales, and I am really not comfortable with that.
A Great Company to Work and Represent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, IndianaAugust 29, 2012
Centier Bank has always been focused on taking great care of both their employees and their clients. This is greatly due to the respect, communication, and camaraderie you can find in every position from upper management down to customer representatives. These qualities are paired with competitive pay and a complete benefit package.
Pros
family oriented company, great benefits package
Cons
varying schedules
great people
Loan Specialist (NMLS)/CSR(Call Center) (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INNovember 2, 2015
great company to work for the people are really nice and management is wonderful! They really care about your family and the balance between work & home. They were voted 7th in i
Fun workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INSeptember 12, 2014
My typical day at work: I was a teller doing customer service to our clients. I learned a lot of rules and regulation of the banking business. The management and co workers were very pleasant to work for.
Pros
great benefits & recognition of employees
Cons
lack of job advancement
Great work environment with on-site clinic and cafe.
Treasury Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 28, 2015
Would recommend anyone to work for Centier. Top 10 places to work in Indiana for 5+ years. This company allowed me to work and attend school without any complications.
Very family oriented workplace
Scanning Specialist/ Deposit Operations (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 16, 2014
Great company to work for. Best benefits. My co-workers were like family.
Banking
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INFebruary 11, 2015
Handling day to day activities for customers. Learned the different products the bank sells. Management was very helpful. Co-workers were pleasant to work with. the hardest part of the job was when the drawer/vault was off balance. the most enjoyable part of the job are meeting new people everyday and developing relationships with the customers.
Deep corporate culture with high a level of identification
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 2, 2014
I am responsible for maintaining the loan portfolios for 2-3 lenders. I collect information from clients, over the phone and in person, in order to create commercial loan packets to be sent to an operations area for the loan booking process. I also currently run the retail side of the office as well. I handle non-cash transactions as well as creating cashiers checks and notarizing documents as needed.
Pros
wonderful corporate culture, i've learned a lot and continuously learn.
Cons
not many options for grown within the organization
busy and good place to work
Receptionist - Loan Servicing (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INOctober 22, 2013
i was employed with centier bank from 5/97 to 1/2013 in several departments which are: mortgage loan receptionist, loan servicing and reception at one of their branches. I loved that job, but after 16 years of employment they eliminated my position and i had to leave.
Pros
friendly place
Cons
no room for advancement
Amazing company to work for!
Prime Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Chesterton INFebruary 19, 2012
I have worked for several banks in three different states, and Centier bank is by far the best bank I have ever worked for! Friendly staff, qualified management, and outstanding leadership!
very friendly place to work
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Current Employee) –  Chesterton, INJune 24, 2013
very friendly place to work. worked well with my schedule. nice coworkers
Pros
friendly people
Very exciting place to work.
Customer Service Rep / New Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  , INMarch 13, 2012
I absolutely loved working in Banking, but I knew my calling was to become an Educator.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centier Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5