Centier Bank Employee Reviews

Centier
CSR (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 18, 2017
Pleasant company to work for in Indiana. Work and Life balance are wonderful. Management is good. Job security is good and opportunity for advancement is poor.
I work with people in the front lines of the bank , meeting and greating, handling all of their banking needs
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 9, 2017
I work in customer service and work with clients to help them to open, manage all their banking needs. I enjoyed working with people and talking with them to help give them the most of their banking needs. Management was great and I got along great with my co-workers. There was not much room for advancement.
Pros
Helping people learn how to manage their accounts.
Cons
The pay was at a low scale for the amout of work done.
Co-workers were great to work with
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 6, 2016
Branch Manager is also a Loan Officer. I feel that there is a conflict of interest. Lack of advertising. The company advertises being a family I didn't find that to be true.
Benefits
Cons
Lack af advertising
Customer Service Oriented, Teamwork, Building Relationships
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lowell, INJune 6, 2016
Centier Bank is a great company to work for. My Typical day working as a teller is prepossessing standard teller transactions for customers including servicing client accounts, safe deposit box payments, accepting loan payments, cashing checks, handling night deposits, correcting discrepancies, balancing cash drawers, Balancing machines TCD, TCR, RBG, Redeeming U.S. Savings Bonds. Ect. I've learned alot working for this company. it showed me how important customer service is and building trust with clients is so important. Excellent Customer service helps get repeated business and it also benefits the company with greater sale and profits. Ive also learned alot of new computer systems and machines The manager and coworkers at my branch have been great to work with. They have always been very helpful with anything i needed and they are very supportive. Very positive environment and great teamwork. We all help each other to achieve our goals. I would have to say the hardest part of my job was not being able to fully satisfy a client when there was a discrepancy. we make is a goal to make sure that every client is satisfied when they leave our branch and when they are not it makes us feel like we failed. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting wonderful people clientele wise and through our company. I've worked here for two years and ive met so many great people and have built a lot of relationships it definitely takes you a long way and i am glad i've had the opportunity to work for this company.
great people
Loan Specialist (NMLS)/CSR(Call Center) (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INNovember 2, 2015
great company to work for the people are really nice and management is wonderful! They really care about your family and the balance between work & home. They were voted 7th in i
People oriented financial institution
Prime Time Banker/Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INOctober 29, 2015
Centier was a wonderful place to start a career. Each branch is like a family and they are all welcoming. They know their customers and look out for them. The managers want their people to succeed and encourage training, growth, and development.
Great work environment with on-site clinic and cafe.
Treasury Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 28, 2015
Would recommend anyone to work for Centier. Top 10 places to work in Indiana for 5+ years. This company allowed me to work and attend school without any complications.
Great family owned company!
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 25, 2015
Centier is a great company to work for! They have excellent benefits and they truly care about their associates! The most enjoyable part of the job were the people that worked there. The hardest part of the job is that they are really starting to push sales, and I am really not comfortable with that.
Banking
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INFebruary 11, 2015
Handling day to day activities for customers. Learned the different products the bank sells. Management was very helpful. Co-workers were pleasant to work with. the hardest part of the job was when the drawer/vault was off balance. the most enjoyable part of the job are meeting new people everyday and developing relationships with the customers.
Very family oriented workplace
Scanning Specialist/ Deposit Operations (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 16, 2014
Great company to work for. Best benefits. My co-workers were like family.
Fun workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INSeptember 12, 2014
My typical day at work: I was a teller doing customer service to our clients. I learned a lot of rules and regulation of the banking business. The management and co workers were very pleasant to work for.
Pros
Great Benefits & recognition of employees
Cons
lack of job advancement
Customer Service Driven!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INFebruary 21, 2014
Everything about Centier Bank was Customer service! the goal for the bank was to hire personalities that were trainable. I learned the importance of organization at this job, because mistakes within the bank could result in a slew of problems. I also learned proper business etiquette, and telephone etiquette as well. The scheduling was great, there didn't seem to be a lot of room for advancement because the turnover was so low. Centier treated their employees well.
Pros
shares offered to employees, great shedule, Pto, and paid holidays
Cons
expensive benefits
Deep corporate culture with high a level of identification
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 2, 2014
I am responsible for maintaining the loan portfolios for 2-3 lenders. I collect information from clients, over the phone and in person, in order to create commercial loan packets to be sent to an operations area for the loan booking process. I also currently run the retail side of the office as well. I handle non-cash transactions as well as creating cashiers checks and notarizing documents as needed.
Pros
Wonderful Corporate Culture, I've learned a lot and continuously learn.
Cons
Not many options for grown within the organization
busy and good place to work
Receptionist - Loan Servicing (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INOctober 22, 2013
i was employed with centier bank from 5/97 to 1/2013 in several departments which are: mortgage loan receptionist, loan servicing and reception at one of their branches. I loved that job, but after 16 years of employment they eliminated my position and i had to leave.
Pros
friendly place
Cons
no room for advancement
very friendly place to work
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Current Employee) –  Chesterton, INJune 24, 2013
very friendly place to work. worked well with my schedule. nice coworkers
Pros
friendly people
A Great Company to Work and Represent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, IndianaAugust 29, 2012
Centier Bank has always been focused on taking great care of both their employees and their clients. This is greatly due to the respect, communication, and camaraderie you can find in every position from upper management down to customer representatives. These qualities are paired with competitive pay and a complete benefit package.
Pros
family oriented company, great benefits package
Cons
varying schedules
Very exciting place to work.
Customer Service Rep / New Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  , INMarch 13, 2012
I absolutely loved working in Banking, but I knew my calling was to become an Educator.
Amazing company to work for!
Prime Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Chesterton INFebruary 19, 2012
I have worked for several banks in three different states, and Centier bank is by far the best bank I have ever worked for! Friendly staff, qualified management, and outstanding leadership!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centier Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5