Centimark

Centimark Employee Reviews

Great job for all who enjoy an honest days work!
Industrial Roofing Crew (Current Employee), Westland, MISeptember 29, 2014
The physical side of this job will leave you with no need for a gym membership, but always working out doors and always in new locations and with new challenges everyday, there's never a dull moment!
liked working on a crew
Roofer/Laborer (Former Employee), Canonsburg, PAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: rain days
good views, how to put on flat roofs, good management, alright co workers, waiting on the crane to get there, always having to work to have money.
company its not worth working for
Foreman (Former Employee), Rocky Hill, CTAugust 6, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything with this cheap company
Foreman getting pay a dollar more than a labor
You have to put you own money to buy things and then wait a month to get reimburse
You are a foreman just with the name cause you don't make the desicions on the job
Safety its when ever its right for them
they make you pull equipment with ropes cause they don't want to rent a crane
for you to get a rsise you have to beg for a year and still dont get one
work three years and got only 1 raise
place is run by supervisors who learned about roofing by reading a book....
service (Former Employee), nyJuly 16, 2014
Pros: insurance, 401k
Cons: looked down upon.
I have done roofing for over 30 years , I have no problem following orders.. but when a young 20 something year old who never worked on a roof just read a book about roofing tells me how to roof and it's wrong is just ridiculous , he never worked in the heat , in the freezing cold. Busted his hump all day then I got a problem. Service guys could work up to 15 hours a day... good for a young guy with no family.
SLAVE DRIVEN COMPANY
FORMER FOREMAN (Former Employee), JESSUP MARYLANDJune 22, 2014
Pros: paid every week
Cons: sometimes foremans have to use their own money to buy supplies and may never get reimbursed
THIS COMPANY BY FAR IS THE WORST. THE SALESMAN ARE IN THEIR LATE 20'S AN THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT ROOFS AND HAVE NEVER EVEN BEEN ON A JOB TO SEE FIRST HAND ON WHAT GOES ON. THE FOREMANS ARE ALL UNDERPAID AND WORK WITH A SKELETON CREW OF 1-2 PEOPLE PER JOB THAT REQUIRES AT LEAST 5-6 PEOPLE. THE SERVICE FOREMANS ONLY HAVE THEMSELF AND 1 OTHER PERSON TO HELP WITH SERVICE CALLS....TO BE HONEST THEY EXPECT WAY TO MUCH FROM ALL THEIR WORKERS AND LIKE SOMEONE ELSE SAID IN ANOTHER REVIEW, THE HISPANICS GET PAID MORE AND ALMOST MAKE JUST AS MUCH AS FOREMANS DEPENDING ON WHAT JOB THEIR DOING...AND MIND YOU THE PROLLY ONLY BEEN ON THE JOB 1-2 WEEKS...NOW HOW DOES THAT WORK...NASTY PLACE TO WORK..THEY HATE THEIR EMPLOYEES BUT DEAL WITH THEM BECAUSE OF THEIR WORKLOADS
Interesting Field
Concrete Laborer (Former Employee), Batavia, ILJune 2, 2014
Pros: travel, experience, benefits
Cons: away from family for long periods of time
8 to 10 hours catering to concrete
learn different lifestyles
visit many states and cities
work with an amazing group of co-workers
the hardest part of this position was being away from loved ones for at least a 6 months at a time
management had faith in our teams and allowed us to show what we were made of
learned a 13 step process to reconstruct concrete into a beautiful masterpiece
Trained on heavy duty machinery
Great workforce
Human Resource/Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Canonsburg, PAMay 18, 2014
One of my first jobs in the Human resources career. It taught me the beginnings of the different areas of human resources.
Enjoyed working with personel
Forman (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: good place to work
over see a roofing crew and work with roofing materials and safety equipment.
layed back environment
Appointment Setter (Former Employee), Akron, OHDecember 30, 2013
getting my reps info together and reading any emails from my reps how to deal with calendar entries and google chrome,co-workers all we good to get along with .there really was not a hard part to my job it really was a good placed to work
Productive company that follwed its guidelines.
Roofing (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 19, 2013
I would recommend this experience to a person who is a hard worker and wants to advance in the physical labor part of work.
Horrible Experience
Service Foreman (Former Employee), Westland, Mi.August 1, 2013
Cons: everything
Centimark is a horrible place to work. The management is clueless about the roofing industry and how to treat empliyees. They lie to their employees about compensation and benefits. They expect you to work 7 days a week 12-14 hours for a couple weeks and then you may not work at all for a couple of weeks. The quality of their roofs is way below anything I have seen in my 20 years in the trade. Its amazing to me that they can even win a bid because everyone knows they put on the poorest quality roofs of any contractor in the nation. I was fired after 2 years for no reason than I asked for the $4000 that they owed me. They did the same thing to an employee of 16 yrs. Take my word for it this company is a joke. The only people who get treated half way decent are the illegal aliens that they hire by the boatload. Run, don't walk away from this place.
Great place to work for
roofer/foreman (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 21, 2013
Pros: health insurance, 401k plan, 40+hrs a week
Cons: very strict on safety and your work ethic
If you want benefits and a safe place to work, I recommend this place to anyone.
worst job of my career
management (Former Employee), Charlotte, Atlanta, FloridaJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: my last day of employment.
not a bad corporate company, but SE region is managed like a slave camp. intimidation. hate. theft. cronyism. bigotry. lack of respect. the only place I've ever heard where the bossman hired a private detective to spy on his own employees. google the long list of employment lawsuits between this company and their own employees.
Questmark is Not A Good Company
Many (Former Employee), All of USAJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: it's was like having a job in the dark ages
Not a good company at all.
300 percent turnover, nepotism, narcissism, empire building remedial managers and the surest way to get ahead is to be a sycophant that drinks with the "family/click".
A very professional company
Laborer - Flooring Division (Former Employee), Stow, OHNovember 21, 2012
This company was by far the most professional company I had ever worked for. You must however be willing to put in the work, as with any job, to reap the rewards. They have very thorough and extensive training and will help pay for travel expenses if necessary.

April 14, 2013

I live really close to stow and ive heard of this company before, i was just wondering how hard is it to get hired in and is the pay enough to make a decent living off of. I currently work in wadsworth at a rubber factory and i put in alot of work there but they just got bought out and were headed down hill. Ive already maxed out on learning anything new and there's no more advancement. Like i said ive good things bout your company you work for and i would like to hear more of your opinion.

Shop was clean and organized. Offered training.
Safety Co-Coordinator, Commercial Roofer (Former Employee), Stow, OHOctober 14, 2012
Pros: like working outside. jobs change.
Cons: work not dependable. not sure who i would be working with from day to day.
Pick up material for job at shop, take to job site. Upload material for job as needed. Do what was needed for job, roof tear off, seal, reroof according to specks. Most co-workers were helpful and dependable and others were not. I appreciated some foreman over others. Learnt things as jobs called for specifications I had not done yet.

Working witj pitch was the worst.It is nasty, can burn your skin if you don't have your skin covered correctly.

I enjoyed working out side all though the work was too undependable.

About Centimark

Shout it from the rooftops, CentiMarkĀ isĀ one of the largest commercial and industrial roofing contractors in North America. The – Read more

Centimark Salaries