Centimark Employee Reviews in United States

Extremely poorly managed by insecure personnel
worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2016
Going from one dictator to another is not GROWTH.

Very self serving ego maniacs who degrade everyone to make themselves look better. Refuse to allow you to properly do your job and then hold you accountable for NOT getting it done.

Complete failure in upper management.

Amazing, the south is the only one with this issue. Riveting.
Fast Paced Work Place, Willing to Travel
Flooring Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2015
Centimark provides good pay and benefits. Must be a hard worker and self driven individual. Job requires you to be on job sites for months in different states at times.
Pros
Great pay, get to travel
Cons
Away from family, Can be a Strenous job.
Good Company
Roofer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 24, 2015
Enjoyed working with the group of guys. Very safe environment. Considerate of its employees. Great traveling experiences. No job was the same.
Pros
Travel. Experience
Worked outdoors
Roofing (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 29, 2015
Enjoyed the job because it was something I liked to do and I worked outdoors. I got to learn new things and e my experience to help the company grow.
Pros
Enjoyed the work
nasty people to.work for
roofer (Former Employee) –  missJuly 18, 2015
Care more bout the money not employees who are actually making the money for them hated there, hours were good crew good managers foreman suck.
Pros
pay
there is very bad communicatiion from management to employees majurity of the time.
Flooring technician/driver (Former Employee) –  benicia, caJuly 14, 2015
it is all around unorganized. Hardly any time with family. Bad management. But a team invironmen amongst co-workers. There wasnt really anything hard about the job besides not having direct instructions from managesment and not being supplied with the tools and materials need to work more efficiently.
Pros
perdium pay
Cons
being away from home/family weeks at a time
Productive and safety oriented workplace
Roofing Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTOctober 15, 2014
Had a lot of fun working at this job. company is very safety oriented and provided more than adequate training.
Pros
excellent benefits when traveling out of state for work
Cons
work became slow and i was laid off
Great job for all who enjoy an honest days work!
Industrial Roofing Crew (Current Employee) –  Westland, MISeptember 29, 2014
The physical side of this job will leave you with no need for a gym membership, but always working out doors and always in new locations and with new challenges everyday, there's never a dull moment!
liked working on a crew
Roofer/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAAugust 7, 2014
good views, how to put on flat roofs, good management, alright co workers, waiting on the crane to get there, always having to work to have money.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
rain days
company its not worth working for
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTAugust 6, 2014
Foreman getting pay a dollar more than a labor
You have to put you own money to buy things and then wait a month to get reimburse
You are a foreman just with the name cause you don't make the desicions on the job
Safety its when ever its right for them
they make you pull equipment with ropes cause they don't want to rent a crane
for you to get a rsise you have to beg for a year and still dont get one
work three years and got only 1 raise
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything with this cheap company
place is run by supervisors who learned about roofing by reading a book....
service (Former Employee) –  nyJuly 16, 2014
I have done roofing for over 30 years , I have no problem following orders.. but when a young 20 something year old who never worked on a roof just read a book about roofing tells me how to roof and it's wrong is just ridiculous , he never worked in the heat , in the freezing cold. Busted his hump all day then I got a problem. Service guys could work up to 15 hours a day... good for a young guy with no family.
Pros
insurance, 401k
Cons
looked down upon.
Slave driven company
FORMER FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  JESSUP MARYLANDJune 22, 2014
This company by far is the worst. The salesman are in their late 20's an think they know everything about roofs and have never even been on a job to see first hand on what goes on. The foremans are all underpaid and work with a skeleton crew of 1-2 people per job that requires at least 5-6 people. The service foremans only have themself and 1 other person to help with service calls....To be honest they expect way to much from all their workers and like someone else said in another review, the hispanics get paid more and almost make just as much as foremans depending on what job their doing...And mind you the prolly only been on the job 1-2 weeks...Now how does that work...Nasty place to work..They hate their employees but deal with them because of their workloads
Pros
paid every week
Cons
sometimes foremans have to use their own money to buy supplies and may never get reimbursed
Interesting Field
Concrete Laborer (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILJune 2, 2014
8 to 10 hours catering to concrete
learn different lifestyles
visit many states and cities
work with an amazing group of co-workers
the hardest part of this position was being away from loved ones for at least a 6 months at a time
management had faith in our teams and allowed us to show what we were made of
learned a 13 step process to reconstruct concrete into a beautiful masterpiece
Trained on heavy duty machinery
Pros
travel, experience, benefits
Cons
away from family for long periods of time
Great workforce
Human Resource/Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAMay 18, 2014
One of my first jobs in the Human resources career. It taught me the beginnings of the different areas of human resources.
Enjoyed working with personel
Forman (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 31, 2014
over see a roofing crew and work with roofing materials and safety equipment.
Pros
good place to work
layed back environment
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 30, 2013
getting my reps info together and reading any emails from my reps how to deal with calendar entries and google chrome,co-workers all we good to get along with .there really was not a hard part to my job it really was a good placed to work
Productive company that follwed its guidelines.
Roofing (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 19, 2013
I would recommend this experience to a person who is a hard worker and wants to advance in the physical labor part of work.
Horrible Experience
Service Foreman (Former Employee) –  Westland, Mi.August 1, 2013
Centimark is a horrible place to work. The management is clueless about the roofing industry and how to treat empliyees. They lie to their employees about compensation and benefits. They expect you to work 7 days a week 12-14 hours for a couple weeks and then you may not work at all for a couple of weeks. The quality of their roofs is way below anything I have seen in my 20 years in the trade. Its amazing to me that they can even win a bid because everyone knows they put on the poorest quality roofs of any contractor in the nation. I was fired after 2 years for no reason than I asked for the $4000 that they owed me. They did the same thing to an employee of 16 yrs. Take my word for it this company is a joke. The only people who get treated half way decent are the illegal aliens that they hire by the boatload. Run, don't walk away from this place.
Cons
everything
Great place to work for
roofer/foreman (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 21, 2013
If you want benefits and a safe place to work, I recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
health insurance, 401k plan, 40+hrs a week
Cons
very strict on safety and your work ethic
worst job of my career
management (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, Atlanta, FloridaJanuary 28, 2013
not a bad corporate company, but SE region is managed like a slave camp. intimidation. hate. theft. cronyism. bigotry. lack of respect. the only place I've ever heard where the bossman hired a private detective to spy on his own employees. google the long list of employment lawsuits between this company and their own employees.
Pros
my last day of employment.