Centinela Hospital Medical Center Employee Reviews

Low Pay
Telemetry Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJanuary 6, 2018
I wouldn't recommend this hospital because the pay is extremely low for an RN. My base pay is $32.00/hr. I do like my co-workers but with just 11months of experience there I have worked with so many new hires. It's just a high turnover rate there because management is not connected with the demands of a floor nurse and the pay is insanely low. We always have TPC's and our charge nurse is often in ratio, which means we don't have coverage for an uninterrupted break.
Pros
staff are team players and fun to work with
Cons
Management Isn't connected with the workload of us floor nurses. Pay is too low
Supervisor/Lead QC Mammography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2017
Good place to work for someone after graduation or someone starting carrier. Balanced work, low census occasionally, pay is lower than other hospitals. Good place to gain experience.
New Grad Job
RN (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAOctober 10, 2017
This place hires a lot of new grads in all departments. The ER is full of new grads so we tend to question the safety of patients and if they were treated appropriately in the ER. I had the best mentor in Centinela hospital and glad I was able to gain the experience as a telemetry nurse.
Good work environment
Staff Nurse (Telemetry) (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAAugust 29, 2017
The doctors are nice to work with and cooperative. Working environment is good and clean. Management is helping the employee to improve their skills and education.
It is a prime facility
RN Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAAugust 12, 2017
The best part of this job are the co workers, very helpful and friendly. It is a prime facility, so resources are limited, pay is on the lower end of the spectrum. There are always positions opening up, after a while you should be able to move to a different specialty if you like.
Job
Registered Nurse Pacu (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJuly 29, 2017
Lowest paid in area also if you work in specialty area like surgery, GI, Cath Lab also lowest paid and they have a high turnover rate, benefits are not that good they are PRIME benefits.
Cons
low pay, not good benefits
Great place to start
Registered Nurse, Cardiovascular ICU (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJuly 28, 2017
A typical work day consists of all nursing responsiblities: assessments, medication administration, communication with care providers and families. Because there are so many new faces, people are eager to help and explain when you have questions.
It could be much better.
ER Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJuly 27, 2017
Management sucks, employees are ghetto period......patient care does not exist. A few great Drs. are there. The ED is horrible, great nurses and attendants.
Pros
Good medical service
Cons
the wait is to, too long.
Enjoyed working with this hospital
Insurance/Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJuly 5, 2017
Management are easy to work with. Hard working employees are rewarded monetary incentives when monthly goals are met. I really enjoyed working in this hospital
Great place to work or start your nursing career
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJune 29, 2017
If you have issues finding a job as an acute care RN, apply here. They are always hiring. They have walk-in hiring events, so look out for those too. Its a big hospital , medsurg and Tele on multiple floors. Busy like most hospitals. Good support here, great nurses. They are a little more organized than other hospitals I have worked at.
Pros
Good nurses
Cons
Manager is always on your butt
It was good to work with my coworkers
HIM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJune 15, 2017
Our management was just ok but my coworkers was very nice to work with it was like family. I picked up L&D charts and Outpatient records and indexed, prepped and scanned them in the system. Answer phones
Review
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAMay 29, 2017
Centinela is under financial crunches that sacrifice both employees and patients. The revolving door devalues everyone. They continually hire inexperienced nurses for the lower dollar value then do not properly train them.
Pros
One of the only hospitals in the area.
Cons
Awards and standings are purchased not earned
Friendly place to work
Diet Clerk (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAMarch 15, 2017
In a typical day at the Centinela Hospital, everyone is usually friendly and talkative when they see you. During my time at Centinela, I have come to learn a lot of things, in addition to acquiring new skills. The management is good, but there are definitely areas that need improvement. The workplace culture is quite diverse and it has employees of different nationalities. The hardest part of my job as a diet clerk at Centinela is dealing with patients that are non-compliant. On the contrary, the most enjoyable part of my job is making sure the patient is happy and satisfied with their meal order.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Part-time
HIMS Department
Health Information Management Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 22, 2017
• Responsible for pulling, prepping, and assembling medical records for clinical coding
• Assisted in release of patient information area by processing patient correspondences
• Answered high call volume of medical questions on a daily basis
• Assisted Coding and Clerical Supervisors with maintaining patient data in the Horizon Patient Folder System
supportive environment
Intern Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAOctober 24, 2016
supportive and friendly environment. Great place to work and management is very nice and everyone there is compassionate about making sure patients get better.
Great
RN (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAAugust 25, 2016
Good coworkers and team members. Left there almost 10 years ago. Don't know the present situation well. But it was a great place to work.
Pros
Good managment
Cons
far from home
Getting the job done
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Inglewood California 90301July 10, 2016
I don't work at Centinela hospital medical center I'm applying for the position at Centinela hospital medical center Inglewood ca
great work place
admitting clerk (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAApril 5, 2016
Great people , great supervisor I would love to become an employee their again. The company had great security also I felt very safe , the response time for the patient care wasn't great but most of the doctor seem to be committed to helping the patients.
Pros
Free lunch on holidays
Cons
Short lunch breaks
A great place to work and learn
Student Nurse- Medical-Surgical Adult (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAOctober 21, 2015
Learning experience is good at this hospital and you can learn a lot here. A different experience every day. I learned how to manage difficult patients.
Best manager and supervisor I could ever hope to work for.
NICU Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJuly 17, 2015
When you can come into work and not have to worry about the power trips some people need to bring to work, you can focus in on the jobs at hand more in depth resulting better outcomes for my patients as well as co-workers. My Manager and direct Supervisor told me when I started there "Just do the job we pay you for to the ability we expect you can provide and I/we will have your back". And they always did.
Pros
Challenging work environment
Cons
Challenging work environment