Centinela Hospital Medical Center Employee Reviews

Best manager and supervisor I could ever hope to work for.
NICU Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJuly 17, 2015
When you can come into work and not have to worry about the power trips some people need to bring to work, you can focus in on the jobs at hand more in depth resulting better outcomes for my patients as well as co-workers. My Manager and direct Supervisor told me when I started there "Just do the job we pay you for to the ability we expect you can provide and I/we will have your back". And they always did.
Pros
Challenging work environment
Cons
Challenging work environment
Experience Guaranteed
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJune 20, 2015
Very busy hospital, great place to learn from. all the units are staffed with wonderful team leaders. Administration also showed their support.
Pros
busy; learn alot
Cons
busy; short breaks
RN
IMCU Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CADecember 3, 2014
poor management
demanding patients
no support
good for new grads
Working at Centinela Medical Center
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CANovember 3, 2014
My experience there was a lesson for self..... I learned to be careful of the folks there that smile in your face with a motive in their minds.

SOME of the People there are so bitter and unhappy that they will immediately try to dim your shine.....

Go there focused with getting your work done and getting out..... do not attach yourself to ANYONE THERE. THAT IS THE ONLY WAY THAT YOU WILL SURVIVE THERE

I have NEVER worked in a environment like that and it was very sad.
Pros
nice hospital
Cons
bitter people
The unit I work for is a very challenging unit.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJuly 6, 2014
Learned a lot in managing cardiac patients.
Its a very busy unit, with high turnover of patients
Cons
low wage scale
Staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  InglewoodApril 30, 2014
The staff in my floor uses a collaborative approach to patient care. I enjoy my colleagues. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you made a small difference in that patients life.
Short Term position transporting files to new facility.
Human Resources/Shipping/File Clerk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Transported HR files, then organized and sorted. Updated the files to meet 2007-2008 standards.
Work environment
Registration associate (Former Employee) –  InglewoodNovember 19, 2013
NOT VERY GOOD. The people are rude to each other; treated very disrespectfully. A VERY hostile work environment!! I was lied too on several occasions. HORRIBLE!! They don't want to pay anyone benefits so they say full time but hire per diem. Poor training
Pros
it's a job
Cons
treated very poorly by others, hostile work environment, favoritism
very challenging and allowed growth as and individual
Planner (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CaliforniaAugust 21, 2013
I learned a lot and developed strong bonds within my work environment.I learned about the need for prioritizing and paying close attention to detail. My coworkers and I make it a point to be a cohesive team. The hardest part of the job is sometimes not having enough time in the day to get to every case. My favorite part of the job is when my coworkers, my superiors and patients acknowledge all the care and attention I put into every case that I work on.
Fast paced environment with learning opportunities.
Registered Nurse, Telemetry Unit (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJune 11, 2013
Centinela hospital is located in a underserved community located in city of Inglewood close to Los Angeles Airport. It covers a greater area of southwest. Recently it has become top 100 hospitals for cardiac surgery. Hospital was purchased by prime health care in 2007.
Pros
friendly staff.
Cons
payscale is not competitive to other similar healthcare facilities.
Very busy Emergency Room
ER Technician (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAAugust 30, 2012
Working in an Emergency room a typical day consists of interacting with patients, patients family members, nurses and doctors. My position is essentially to help the nurses and doctors in patient care. That may be anything ranging from conducting an EKG to making sure that everything is stocked and in working order.
I have learned a great deal working at Centinela Hospital Medical Center. I have learned to work along side many different personalities and under incredibly stressful situations.
I enjoy working with many people in an ever changing environment. I mean this literally, at my hospital we mainly hire new grad RN's. Consequently, the turn over rate for RN's in the emergency room.
The hardest part of this job is seeing death and violence any given night.
I find many things enjoyable about this job; such as,being part of a team that helps stabilize a critical patient to just helping them smile when they are in the Emergency Room.
Pros
helping people
Cons
seeing a blatant abuse of healthcare on a nightly basis
its a good training ground
Laboratory Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  inglewood caApril 23, 2012
co worker are great, friendly except for the management, they do not know how to be a good manager, especially the Lab
Pros
etc
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, etc.