CENTRA Employee Reviews

productive high pace company
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 19, 2017
working with patients was the high point of the day. Took incoming and made outgoing calls. Received and processed personal payments as well as Insurance payments. deposits
Security Department Centra Lynchburg General Hospital
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 9, 2016
The Manager and The Director for Security there do not know anything about running a department they are very uncaring about serten employees medical conditions. They only care about themselves and they don't care if people have to taken to the hospital as long as they get to work. Centrahealth is not a very good place to work if your in the Security business. I think maybe if they had a new Manager and a new Director that new how to run things fairly their Security Department would be alot better. I would not recommend working there.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
They do not treat their Employees fair
Not the ER that it used to be...
RN (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 22, 2016
High patient to nurse ratios.
Mandatory on call shifts required and you can count on getting called in.
Majority of staff is young and inexperienced in clinical skills and in customer satisfaction skills. Nurses are being hired directly out of nursing school to work in Level II trauma center and expected to be proficient in critical care emergency nursing.
Little has been done to retain senior staff.
Management does not follow protocols for disciplinary action.
Senior management does not make themselves available to staff; they respond through text messages rather than scheduling personal sit down appointments.
Love my job, hate the management
Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 18, 2016
Love what I do but the manager that I work for tries to be our best friend and has no control over the employees that she manages
Laid back atmosphere. Not stressful
Assist incoming customers (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 23, 2016
Love the job. Best job I've ever had. Very rewarding and stress free. Everyday is an adventure. Most enjoyable are the patients. Everyone has a different cancer story.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no conc
High Energy Staff, helpful to one another
Full-Time Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 2, 2016
No day at work is like any other, you start early and finish the work day early. One thing you learn quickly is your attitude dictates how your day will go.
Central Home Health is an excellent place to work and provides the opportunity to provide "true nursing" from start to finish with each patient.
Home Health Service Line Educator (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 29, 2016
Community nursing is rapidly growing and Centra Home Health has the nursing talent to meet this increasing demand. The case managers are well educated and experienced, including all registered nurses, physical, occupational and speech therapists, social workers, and office staff. At times working alone can be hard especially if you thrive off of socializing; however, leadership and coworkers are just a phone call away. I enjoy the flexibility of deciding when I begin my day which allows me to participate in more activities with my family. It is truly a great place to work.
Pros
Flexibility and highly autonomous
Cons
working around patient's schedules which can lead to a late day
Its okay, not great
Non Clinical Position (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 24, 2015
Pay and benefits aren't that great. Advancement seems very limited in the area I work. We have too much work, so you stay semi-stressed.
Loyal Team
Deli assistant and cashier (Former Employee) –  Castleblayney, MNOctober 16, 2015
Centra is a local convenience store in a small town which deals with a majority of the same faces day in day out. Customers like the familiar greeting and the comforting feeling of a friendly face behind the till each day. Satisfying customers' needs is high on the agenda at Centra and you work to achieve that successfully everyday, including gaining customer feedback to aid in improvement.
Having a strong and loyal relationship with your co-workers is essential in this position as you are a small team, and building close networks is something I enjoy.
Enthusiastic environment with team players.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 16, 2015
Positive place to work with excellent management.Colleagues are enjoyable to work alongside and offer support. They offer vital education and give opportunity to advance.
Would not recommend
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 12, 2015
Centra does not treat or respect their employees. The number one main complaint that almost every employee has is the pay.
Fast pace, long hours, implementation with great pay in Harsh Enviroments
Owner / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Middle EastJuly 30, 2015
Centra Systems, LLC was creted to go to harsh environments and train local laber to western standards and use those assets to install large IT Projects from OSP Manhole Duct infrastructure, installation of Fiber and Copper (cat5/6), Cable Trays, Servers, Groumets, Grounding. It has trained people from Djibouti Africa and taken the team to Afghanistan and training local Afghanis and showing that with mentoring the locals, a company can lower their cost of doing buisness by 75% without loosing it strict IT guidlines. It was a great place to learn and to also mentor the next installer. The Managers were all professionals with extensive expereince in Telecom and working in Harsh Enviroments. We have trainded over 90+ people and all of them are now working as installers for several companies.
Pros
Learning new things and great salary
Cons
long hours, hars environments
The people were great
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 6, 2015
The people I worked with were great. The pay was just a bare minimum and i couldn't live off of that. I went to work and cleaned the O.R. rooms. Which included sweeping, mopping, dusting, etc.
Great starter job, not a lifetime job though
Cook (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 16, 2015
Cleaning, washing dishes, and working with food are things you will be doing in nutritional services at Centra. I learned that there is more to do in a kitchen as a cook than just cook. Washing dishes, working with the servers and keeping things organized are a must. The management at Centra is O.K. They are more focused on making money and caring for the patients or residents and don't really look at their workers as a priority. The people I work with are pretty nice. The hardest part of the job is keeping the kitchen clean. The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team to get a big job done.
Pros
Free meals, Good Healthcare plan, great PTO benefits
Cons
low pay
Greatest boss ever
Counselor Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 18, 2014
In the Lynchburg Rivermont I had the greatest boss you could ask for he was very supportive and always answered any questions and love the kids
My days at Centra
Unit Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 30, 2014
A typical day at Centra would be me hitting the floor and going non stop till jthe end of my shift. Helping medical and surgical patients. I learned alot at Centra and how a hospital is ran. The management was amazing and my co-workers were the best. The hardest part of the job was the fact that you couldn't spend alot of time with patients but very rewarding when you could leave their room and they were smiling. it was really enjoyable to see a patient recovery and get stronger after their surgeries and start to feel better.
Productive workplace with great co-workers
Nutritional Aide (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 22, 2014
I would get to work clock in and check to see what I was doing for the day whether it be cleaning pots and pans or delivering trays to patients rooms. I learned that it was a fast paced environment and I had to perform many different tasks. The hardest part was cleaning pots and pans due to if not done in a very quick manner having to be backed up and do more later on in the day. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to deliver the food trays to the rooms and being able to interact with the patients and their families
Pros
$5 allowance
Very Busy and fast paced workplace
EKG Technician (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 27, 2013
A typical day at work for me means that I will be all over the hospital doing EKG's. I love the fact that I get to meet new people everyday. However, I don't like metting them here. I've learned the basics of EKG's and how to properly perform them. I would say that management is great in this department. They don't bother us but they are right here to help us if we need help along the way. I work with some of the best people. We work as a team. Everyone is always there and willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of my job is having to see the patients families all upset when a loved one dies. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet so many different people.
Va Baptist is a nice place to work
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 7, 2013
Clean and safe environment to work.
coworkers and staff are friendly and knowledgeable
Flex Time with data entry balancing of UB-92 Forms.
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 6, 2013
On a typical work hour at Centra we would key at least a $30,000 total of hospital bill, UB-92 information into the computer. We would balance using the Rev Codes to group the charges, and print out the prepared bill.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Meeting or exceeding a quota.