CentraCare Health Employee Reviews

Too much credentialitis...
Clinic Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 19, 2018
Bullying is allowed and even encouraged by new mid-level managers. Too many inexperienced, young grad's in manager roles with "RN-itis" and immature high school like "clique" behaviors.
Management & Culture
Clerical (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJanuary 17, 2018
Lots of money spent on culture training, but not followed by management. A lot of staff turnover in departments, but no follow-up as to why this is happening.
Cons
Management doesn't listen to employees.
Under Paid for the amount of work done
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Overall the job wasn't to bad but almost everyday the clinic was so busy could hardly get a break. Management took lunches out of check regardless if wee took them or not.
Pros
time went by quick
Cons
wages
Replaceable
Server (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 8, 2018
Staff turnover has been a problem. There have been so many that other employees do not feel safe. The feeling is that no matter what you do, if you are not liked by a member of management, you are working on borrowed time.
Pros
Being able to work with participants, getting to know them on a whole different level
Friendly, fast-paced work environment
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 3, 2018
The benefits were nice and they paid well. Co-workers were fun and friendly. Was able to meet new people and well as build relationship with long term patients and staff.
fun open work place
Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNNovember 30, 2017
efficient work place with great management. Many location for when a family needs to relocate, great benefits, student loan reimbursement among other great benefit.
Good pay and flexible
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Paynesville, MNNovember 24, 2017
Worked part time filling shifts for the ambulance. The pay was good and the employees flexible. The hardest part of the job was making it work with a full time inconsistent job. I enjoyed the work and the interactions with the public.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNNovember 23, 2017
It's a business with good people where you work in teams. It can get busy working with patients. Working at centracare health is a very rewarding job with good pay.
Interdisciplinary PACE
IHS Intern (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 17, 2017
At CentraCare I have learned how an interdisciplinary team really works to give the best patient care possible. I was also able to work on presentations and policies for staff.

The hardest part of this internship was the populace they worked with. However, that is also the best part of the internship. CentraCare is a PACE organization that focuses on giving patients the care they want when they are older.
Just ok
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNNovember 15, 2017
Just ok- career advancement is not likely; compensation is lower than market. Benefits are not as good as one would expect in a health care environment.
Constantly changing management. Each one worse than the last.
Clinic Nurse / Triage Nurse / Diabetic Education (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 9, 2017
Would not recommend this job to anyone. the management is constantly changing, each one worse than the last. they are getting rid of people with experience and replacing them with new employees without experience. Sacrificing quality to save money.
Official response from CentraCare Health
January 3, 2018

It appears that the person who wrote this comment works for an organization that is not affiliated with ours.

all inclusive healthcare, keeping participants in their home to die with dignity and respect
Clinic Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 1, 2017
Working at Centracare, was very rewarding. All staff from the bottom to CEO-board of directors LOVED inter reacting with the participant, They become your family. The goal was to keep participants in their home to pass with dignity and respect. Centracare provided respite for both the family and patient.

Working in the clinic there was never a normal -typical day. We were structured by a daily schedule however, also functioned as a ER/Urgent care. Must always be prepared and able to change mind set for the unpredictable.

The hardest thing was loosing a participant.
Pros
helping participants with most all their inclusive needs
Cons
seeing a handfull without family support
Loved the staff and the patients.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNNovember 1, 2017
Working here was a joy. It encouraged furthering education and promoted within.

I was able to work and go to school. My manager worked with me and my schedule.

Every night I worked, I learned something new. It was very interesting and never a dull moment.
Pros
education, experience, staff
Cons
worked overnights.
Not a bad gig
Patient Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 18, 2017
This job was a new change of scenery for me. I enjoyed helping people who needed it. The doctors and staff members where all awesome. It was like a big family.
Scheduling Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 11, 2017
It was a fast paced work environment which made the day go by fast. There was quite a bit of problem solving involved when it came to the doctors schedules and trying to fit patients in.
Pros
Employees
Urgent Care days
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 27, 2017
I loved working there, it was never a boring moment and the people are amazing and the manager is wonderful. You never knew what was walking through the door, seeing little kids coming in and getting treated and leaving with a sticker was a plus
I like the work
ROI Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 27, 2017
This is a very busy department, with a lot of variety.
Recent Executive changes within the department, leading us into and through department integration.
Pros
I like the work
Pto
CMA (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNSeptember 17, 2017
I feel like Centracare being a large corporation would have paid holidays, but no. If the holiday falls on our normal scheduled work day then, we have to use PTO. If it doesn't, then you just don't get paid, like usual. (Eg., you have M - F work schedule. Thursday is your normal day off, but Monday was a holiday. You have to either work your day off or use PTO for the holiday. You need to have your required hours.) This is for Centracare Clinic, I'm not sure about any other Centracare facilities. I just think it is right, but who am I? I'm no one, in this large place.
Very low retainment rate. Management not in tune with the concerns of employees
Support Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  St Cloud HospitalSeptember 14, 2017
The manager of my unit was very detached and unavailable. I did not feel like my concerns were heard or that my opinions mattered. There is a high turn-around rate due to this lack of availability and validation of employees' concerns. Hospital management as a whole is in tune to employees. I would still recommend the company.
Fast Paced Purposeful Position
PCA (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNSeptember 13, 2017
Working as part of a collaborative team that specified in advanced medicine left any employee with a sense of purpose and fulfillment. With varying shifts, working the evening shift allowed for a busy evening directed towards complete tasks assigned by both the physician and RN/ LPN team. Being a driven and organized person was of utmost importance, seeing as a full patient load was assigned and many tasks seemed to call for multi-tasking. Overall, it set the desire to work both in the health care field and specifically in the clinical setting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CentraCare Health. Our community is ready to answer.