Central Arizona Shelter Services Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fun work place
Senior Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2016
Great work place, got to accomplish my goal by working with youths I can relate to. Hardest part was to keep rules consistent.
CASS has the potential to reduce and resolve homelessness
Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2015
I was fortunate to work at CASS during a time when most of its leadership was working to fulfill its mission to end homelessness. Though this was not fully supported by the board or the CEO, we were able to empower and help more people served by CASS, than in all of its 25-year history, to regain independence and move out of homelessness. I came to a very dangerous and non-compliant institution barely successfully sheltering over 10,000 people a night and left this organization having rebuilt it into compliance and mission-alignment to help those it served get out of homelessness instead of remain trapped in it. Unfortunately, the organization has since slipped back into the business of sheltering and not helping those it serves, thereby increasing the homeless population instead of reducing it.
Pros
Incredible potential and funding to resolve homelessness
Cons
Does not have the leadership and board needed to fulfill its mission
fast-paced
Shelter Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2012
Great Organization! Great help for the homeless, pay was low but the rewards were tremendous when seeing another individual progress!
Pros
everything!
Cons
lower end pay, non-profit
security work
C.A.S.S. SECURITY (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2012
CASS security was in charge in ensuring the tenants safety by doing random bed searches and bag searches. doing metal detector stops to ensure no weapons were brught into the facility.
Cons
no job security, laid the whole crew off with no notice

Comment – February 16, 2013

You deserve whatever you got there on security. It was the worst, rudest security and place I have ever seen. I know you tried to act as if you were nice. It was overly invasive. Security is not supposed to bother like that. You all did not seem to understand what your job was. It was also the mgt fault for hiring you. I hated it there.

Want to know more about Central Arizona Shelter Services?

Ask a question