CENTRAL BAPTIST HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Busy workplace
Phlebotomist and Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 3, 2017
Clients came in after visiting with their physicians to have blood drawn. Our team was responsible for drawing venous blood, and sending specimens to the hospital lab or to other labs, including LabCorp, Promethius, etc. We were also responsible for collecting sputum, stool specimens.
VolunTeen program
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 2, 2017
The VoltunTeen program was a lot of fun to be a part of. I got to work alongside my mother and experience her everyday work environment and meet her co-workers.
Pros
i could go at my own pace
Cons
short breaks
long ago and far away
Medical can Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 23, 2017
I worked for this company many years ago. Don't feel it is fair to critique it because it was so long ago. However, there were many employees who had been at their job for 10+ years and seemed very satisfied with what they were doing.
Pros
good benefits, great pay
Cons
can pigeon hole yourself easily
A great experience in hospital operations
Materials Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 2, 2017
My job was to receive and distribute merchandise throughout the hospital from our main medical supplier in Louisville, KY on a daily basis. I was responsible for maintaining inventory levels throughout the supply rooms from our OR Supply Room on the first floor.
At times we had to be ready to supply the nursing staff in a snap when a Code Blue or other codes were ordered. That was perhaps the most hectic part of the day; we had to be fast, accurate, and on time with the supplies. Time was of the essence.
My supervisors were great people to work for, personable and fair to all their employees. My co-workers all had great personalities and we all got along well.
Pros
The doctors, nurses, and support staff were all wonderful people
Cons
Evening shifts when I first started working there.
awsome place to work
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 28, 2017
Only a part time job but what I needed at the time considering I was pregnant. Loved the people I worked with, lots of feedback and always willing to help, routine job that didn't change much but didn't mind that.
Wonderful!!
RRT (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 10, 2017
Nice staff and facilities. Management easy to talk with and open to suggestions from staff. Thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
Caring staff
Unit Clerk-ICU (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 12, 2017
I loved working at Central Baptist Hospital, and my coworker. It is a fast pace work environment because you have peoples lives at risk. Management team is awesome and will give you the tools to better your position.
Wonderful place to work
Mammographer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 1, 2016
Wonderful co-workers, but the management definitely needed some changes Not many opportunities to advance in positions. Loved the area.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers
Cons
Too busy schedule for one person
productive and fun work place
CA (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 20, 2015
i pass trays to the patients in labor hall i also work 4 floors at a time with 40+ people on each floor . i work 12 hour shifts but my work days very threw out the weeks i also work every other weekend
Understaffed Second Shift Lab
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  lexington, KYOctober 8, 2015
The lab receives a large amount of work from outside offices. The staffing is not sufficient to perform all the work and allow staff to get all of their breaks. It is a highly stressful place to work.
Productive and fun place to work
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 30, 2015
Central Baptist is by far my favorite place that I have ever worked. I wish I had never left. The doctors and staff were all nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
Fun Staff
Cons
Working weekends
Fun workplace
Inventory/Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 5, 2015
I loved working here. All of my employees were respectful and knew that I would always help them. I was promoted to management in under a year. .In order to do so, I went to speech therapy because of my E.KY dialect and had to change my way of dress. After perfect evaluations, I was let go because I got comitted to my partner and it was against their mission policy for being gay.
A good place to start hospital experience
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 28, 2014
I worked here as a pharmacy technician and loved my job. I was able to balance work and full time college and learned a great amount about hospital pharmacy.
This experience led me to the decision of becoming a hospital pharmacist.
Pros
great staff
Cons
have to work weekends and holidays
Hard but Alot of fun...
Sterile Processing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 26, 2014
I learned how to deal with demanding doctors and nurses, What to do when dealing with different dangerous diseases. My supervisor was really cool and fun to work with. I enjoyed working with all of my co workers we always had so much fun and there was a lot of laughter. Which is always good when you have to deal with alot of fun. The hardest part of the job was making that everything got steralized on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great atmosphere that we had. Which the hard part easy to deal with.
Pros
Getting to learn about all the different instruments that are used in surgery.
Cons
What time i got off.
I enjoyed working there.
Admission Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 7, 2014
I arrived at work at 6:30 in the morning. I had several patients who would come in before work or school. I then entered the PKU's into the computer, and got those ready to send to the state. I would have out patients thru out the day. I would register outpatients, order their test, and then draw their blood. I also answered the phones for the whole laboratory, and would connect with the department that they needed. I would register the pathology surgery specimens.
Pros
My patients, my coworkers we were more like family than coworkers.
Cons
Too many call ins, leaving people short making patients wait times longer
A great workplace
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Lexington kyMay 23, 2014
A workplace that really cares about taking care of it's employees.
Rewarding hospital to work for
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 19, 2014
A typical day involved working 7p.m. to 7 a.m. I would start each shift by receiving report on the patients I was assigned, passed medications, provided additional treatments necessary depending upon the patient's condition, completing a head to toe assessment on each patient, doing admissions, providing patient and family education, monitoring patients throughout the shift to ensure their comfort and to assess any needs which arose, periodically acted as charge nurse, completed required documentation, contacting physicians as needed and following through with any orders received. Not on a daily basis but frequently would prep a patient for surgery or a cardiac intervention, would respond to codes, would attend mandatory in-services and staff meetings. It was my first position as a new RN and I learned a lot about various medications, their side effects, and how to properly administer them. I became proficient in such things as starting IV's and foley catheters. I became ACLS certified. I learned a lot about various cardiac conditions: what causes them, how the patient can be proactive in preventing recurrences of symptoms, how they are treated, and what could happen if patients are noncompliant with treatments/medications/the appropriate life style or if necessary interventions weren't performed in an emergency situation. I was in-serviced on several interventions that RN's could perform. I learned the importance of team work and helping all staff, regardless of the discipline. I learned how to use various types of equipment and steps to take when equipment wasn't working  more... right. I learned to treat each patient as an individual who required care and compassion. I learned the importance of patient confidentiality. And I learned the appropriate way to communicate with families when a patient passed away. Despite it being many years since I worked there, I remember most of my co-workers to be team players and willing to help each other out. Seasoned nurses would often provide me with various opportunities to improve on a skill, on how to pass medications within the time allowed, and in general how to be an effective and compassionate RN in order to provide quality care. I had little contact with management, because of my shift, except for the house supervisor. My unit manager was very helpful and educational when conducting staff meetings and was very professional. The house supervisors always responded promptly to the unit when needed and also were very professional and did their job well. The hardest part of the job, aside from working night shift, was attending patient codes only to find the patient pass away despite all of the interventions provided. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction I felt due to being a compassionate and caring nurse and finishing my shift knowing I did the best job I could to provide the care necessary. I also very much enjoyed providing patient and family education, as well as the education I received from various in-services. I had the opportunity, after being an RN a year or so, to precept new RN's which I extremely enjoyed  less
Pros
Free meals on holidays prepared my management, many opportunities for additional education, on-going education in those areas that required it, friendly staff who were always willing to help others
Cons
Working night shift
Patient Audit Services
Patient Audit Services (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 19, 2014
Patient Audit Services- audited bills for compliance with charges. Audited medical records for compliance with medical charting for medical staff and nursing staff.
Cook
Dietary aid (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 10, 2014
Cook food for people. Take food to other parts of the hospital
Fun and enjoyable work
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 24, 2014
I enjoyed working with my co-workers, radiologist and patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CENTRAL BAPTIST HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.

CENTRAL BAPTIST HOSPITAL Reviews by Location