Central Blood Bank Employee Reviews

Terrible
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 15, 2017
At first you think it's a great place to be, then time goes by and it makes you cringe. The "union" for staff is terrible. They run you ragged, you're completely exhausted all the time. You have no life outside of there, work hours are not consistent what so ever. You may try to work at a CDC if available, chances are you won't be there because they don't have enough staff for the mobile drives. You will be pulled. The only decent thing about this place is what you learn for the entire donation process, other than that, it's not worth it. It's a revolving door and it's known. It was a paycheck that came with headaches.
HCWP is terrible
dissatisfied (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 9, 2017
The interpersonal issues and gossip at the hemophilia center of western pa make a terrible place to work. they are mean there. the doctor in charge is mean. do not work there.
Pros
cheap parking in oakland
Cons
working with those people
Phlebotomist
Mobile Phlebotomy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 1, 2017
The best job i have ever had. Only reason i left was due to the areas we had to travel to was not easy when my children were younger. i woudl recommend this job to anyone
Company is all about putting money in the Upper Managements pockets instead of caring for the community
Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 14, 2017
Central Blood Bank no longer cares about their staff or their donors.They are more concerned with putting money into upper managements pockets than they are about their donors. They continue to cut staff and put the extra work onto the staff they have left without increasing their pay. Staff work very long intense hours.
Schedule, plan, and organize blood drives
Donor Recruitment & Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 7, 2015
Schedule, plan, and organize blood drives to collect needed blood and blood components to insure we have the right match of blood products for the needs of our local hospitals and patients. Event planning responsibilities include contacting potential donors, performing room site inspections to ensure proper space, facilities and power sources to host a successful blood program, and booking appropriate staff and equipment. Build relationships with existing coordinators and prospect for new opportunities. Conduct presentations for potential donor groups to educate them on the need for donors, the process of donating blood, and our external scheduling website.
lots of work and long hours for a good cause
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Greentree, PAOctober 21, 2015
Lots of work and lots of travel but it is for an excellent cause. Aggressive goals but they are attainable. There are a lot of staff that will be able to help you throughout any of the process's in your onboarding time.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very nice place to work if you do not have children
Donor Specialist ll (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 19, 2014
greet donors with a smile,learned not to trust to many people,co-workers try to hard not to do work, traveling 1-2 hrs away from home, interacting with donors, im a people person.
Pros
med, dental & vision is offered
Cons
never see your family
Good people to work with
Donor Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 5, 2014
A typical day at work consists of greeting the donors and processing them through with courtesy and respect. I have learned multiple areas of the donation process and how it affects the donor and recipient. My staff/co-workers are good people that helped me get through a lot of things. The hardest part of my job is time management. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I meet including the donors.
Good learning
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 13, 2013
Set up all equipment an hour prior to drive start, schedule between 15-100 donors to interview and bleed, tear down all equipment after drive ends
Cons
short breaks, long shifts, understaffed
This job was enjoyable except for traveling the tri-state in winter
Donor Specialist, phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 20, 2013
Interviewed and processed donors. Collection of units of plasma and red cells. Readied products for shipment. Traveled hundreds of miles a lot of days to various businesses and schools in the tri-state.
Pros
i enjoyed this job. i liked my coworkers and working with the public
Cons
travel