Central Carolina Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome place of employment
HRD and Basic Skills Plus Director (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJuly 18, 2016
Each day allowed for new opportunities, I learned to manage a team of women and men and to encourage leaders to make wise decisions. The hardest part of my job was leaving at the end of the day with an uncompleted task.

The most enjoyable part of my job was leading my team and creating an environment where my staff desired to come to work and to work as intended.
HRD Coordinator Summary
Human Resource Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCMay 31, 2016
I really enjoyed this position at the institution. I began as a part time instructor and learned how to recruit students for my classes. Once I developed the recruiting concept I began to separate myself from all my co workers because of my productivity was obvious.I was blessed with a promotion and began to train my staff as well as other departments staff in different skills. This job really gave me confidence in being a public speaker & built my self confidence.
Positive work environment
ADULT EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCMay 12, 2016
This college goes above and beyond to meet the needs of the students. They implement programs to ensure high school students are competitive and ready for university if they choose to pursue their four year degree.
Excellent place to work.
Computer Information Technology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCMarch 29, 2016
Excellent place to work. I enjoy coming to work every day. In 2013 I began working here and have loved every day of it. CCCC is a great place to work. At first I enjoyed being off in the summer but now need employment during the summer months.
fun place to work; could advance
Full Time College Student (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCDecember 28, 2015
They seemed to care about their employee; had excellent benefits; good pay. Worked with you if the weather was bad; ex: snow, icy roads.
Pros
had PPT; where you could get paid if you were late or had an emergency; understanding
A typical day at work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCDecember 15, 2015
Goals are undefined. No vision by upper management. Come in ready to put out daily fires. No written handbook of procedures and disciplinary plan of employees and students.
Pros
Love to teach
Cons
No breaks, unsatisfacotry working conditions
Alright place to work
Financial Aid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCNovember 16, 2015
It was a good atmosphere in the very beginning. Everyone was very helpful and eager to help me fit in. As time went on the back biting became more evident. Was not given ample assignments even when requested more work. Upper management very secretive in plans for the office. Ended up being restructured out of my position with no warning.
Pros
Office celebrations for everyone's birthday and for all holidays
Cons
Lack of openness from management
Enjoyed working on the student farm
Sustainable Farmer Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCNovember 3, 2015
Very pleasant work. Experience caring for chickens, greenhouse work, harvesting and processing crops, interaction with the public.
Innovative, highly motivated faculty
Instructor, Humanities (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJune 24, 2015
Issues are not with the college but the state's lack of respect for the Community College System. Funding is poor, salaries are well below the national average, and raises are nonexistent. None of these issues are the fault of the college, which does its best despite handicaps imposed by the state.
Good Part-time Job
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJune 23, 2015
I only worked for the Emergency Training Center at Central Carolina Community College. The staff at the training center was very professional and great to work for.
This was my most favorite job.
Computer and General Education Course Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCApril 22, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others to better themselves while reinforcing my own learning. The staff was very friendly and pleasant to be around.
Cccc
Academic Tutor (Former Employee) –  sanford, ncApril 22, 2015
I tutored in computers. Nice staff. Con is if you and your tutee agree to meet on a day for tutoring session if they don't show you've wasted your time and no pay for that day. Its not guaranteed.
Cons
low pay, minimum wage
Enjoyable and productive work environment
Medical Registration & Admission Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCApril 17, 2015
I have worked with this college for a little over 2 years and all of the staff and personnel and friendly, professional, and dedicated.
Pros
Up-to-date changes, awareness of policies/procedures, free food when possible
Cons
N/A
great job for a people person
Orientation Instructor /Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCMarch 28, 2015
ged and high school orentation teacher as well as a office assistant answering phones filling papers and conducting a class room structure
Very a very fun experience and I learned many communication skills
College Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCFebruary 21, 2015
A typical day would involve me being assigned a tutee in various science and math subjects. I learned how to communicate and present effectively. It also helped me retain the information learned in class. Both the management and co-workers were extremely nice, and they appreciated the service that was provided. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a student who did not want to learn. The most enjoyable time was making learning easy and fun for the tutees.
Wonderful students
Cosmetology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJanuary 21, 2015
Enjoy teaching students the in's and out's of the field of Cosmetology. It is a joy and such a wonderful reward to be able to teach students and then see them transition to a actual salon careers.
very nice place to attend school
Dental Assisting (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 27, 2014
enjoyed attending the dental assisting program. The staff is very encouraging and helpful to allow you to accomplish your goals.
Enjoyable work environment
instructor (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 17, 2014
one of the most enjoyable. Teaching student at this campus is a pleasure. the staff help me in every way possible.
Pros
teaching
Cons
dealing with healthcare facilities
No support from Administration, Hostile working environment
DEPARTMENT CHAIR (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCAugust 12, 2014
Institution administration and Board of Trustees are not fair, very biased, horrible communicators, and lacks morals and ethical practices
Super duper great people!
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJune 6, 2014
I work as a tutor so it is pretty easy! The hardest part of the job is seeing how little your paycheck is..
Pros
easy
Cons
money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Carolina Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2