Central Carolina Community College Employee Reviews

Enthusiastic students- an enjoyable job
Instructor Veterinary Technology (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJune 19, 2017
Pay is not great but I really enjoyed teaching and the students. My contract stated that I was to work 35 hrs/ week- I had 22-24 hrs of lab and classes so put in a lot of extra hours to do the job well. But no regrets.
Pros
No university burocracy!
Cons
Pay
College
Student Kennel Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCMay 16, 2017
I love all the teachers and my fellow students at this college's Veterinary Technician program. All the teachers are very serious about teaching and the students are just as serious with what they are being taught.
Cons
Kennel area are too dark
Salary needs improving
Adult Education Resource Specialist Certification (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 9, 2017
Central Carolina Community College is a good place to work, however salaries need to be increased for instructors. Classroom environment can be somewhat stressful at times. Instructors constantly worry about whether contracts will be renewed based upon current budget conditions.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
Little salary advance/ No assistance with students with special needs
Excellent Work Place
STEM Lab Tutor (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCMay 1, 2017
Working for Central Carolina Community Work is very rewarding. It emphasizes community and interactions so you must be a people's type of person to work here productively.
Community and Teachers alike contribute to the school's enjoyable atmosphere
Receptionist and Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lee County CampusApril 15, 2017
Colleagues and fellow staff members are friendly and approachable, and I was greeted daily in a warm manner. The outreach mission of the school is noble and commendable, and I was proud to help many different individuals... from LEC students to professors. The student body at the school is enjoyably diverse, with many cultures and walks of life able to coincide with each other.
Great place to work if your over the age of 40.
Welding Instructor (Current Employee) –  Siler City, NCMarch 13, 2017
Enjoyed the job overall. Loved to teach my students. The pay was awful but i enjoyed what i did. Horrible management above the Instructors. Overall not a bad place to work
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Horrible Management
Productive place to work
Translator (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCJanuary 2, 2017
Provided assistance to Director of cosmetology department to the Spanish speaker students who needed assistance to speak with the director of any other no bilingual teacher at their school department.
Resources available to assist with tutoring
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCDecember 27, 2016
A typical day would include asking students what they are having trouble with and focusing lessons on these areas. I learned that some methods of tutoring work better depending on the type of student, because everyone has a different learning style. It's well managed. There is always at least one manager on shift. I was friends with many of my co-workers, because we went to the same classes. The hardest part is developing a lesson that works with students' learning styles.
Pros
Still get payed if the tutee doesn't show up
Cons
Hours are sparse
Cccc
English as a Second Language Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCNovember 17, 2016
Good company to work for. I have been with them for 4 months, so far it has been a good experience. The supervisors are very supportive.
Great Place to Work//Extremely Low Pay//High Turnover
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCNovember 3, 2016
Lowest Paying Community College in the NC System,High Turn over,Loyal employees are a fun tight group with all helping each other,and trying to make a positive experience for all students//Because of budget, job security no longer exist
Pros
Time off inleiu of pay increase
Cons
time off inleiu of pay increase
excellent part time job
College Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCSeptember 2, 2016
I worked at the college to supplement my teaching salary and to help others. The college was a great place to work. Several of the lead instructors and all the Deans at the college were always supportive.
Pros
schedule, pay
Cons
Technology pushed me further than I wanted to be; thus I did not return after my health issues.
Awesome place of employment
HRD and Basic Skills Plus Director (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJuly 18, 2016
Each day allowed for new opportunities, I learned to manage a team of women and men and to encourage leaders to make wise decisions. The hardest part of my job was leaving at the end of the day with an uncompleted task.

The most enjoyable part of my job was leading my team and creating an environment where my staff desired to come to work and to work as intended.
Great school, friendly people
Lab Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJune 3, 2016
Only worked temporarily for a month putting together kits. Great supervisors and friendly staff. Paid reasonably for the work accomplished.
HRD Coordinator Summary
Human Resource Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCMay 31, 2016
I really enjoyed this position at the institution. I began as a part time instructor and learned how to recruit students for my classes. Once I developed the recruiting concept I began to separate myself from all my co workers because of my productivity was obvious.I was blessed with a promotion and began to train my staff as well as other departments staff in different skills. This job really gave me confidence in being a public speaker & built my self confidence.
Positive work environment
ADULT EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCMay 12, 2016
This college goes above and beyond to meet the needs of the students. They implement programs to ensure high school students are competitive and ready for university if they choose to pursue their four year degree.
Excellent place to work.
Computer Information Technology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCMarch 29, 2016
Excellent place to work. I enjoy coming to work every day. In 2013 I began working here and have loved every day of it. CCCC is a great place to work. At first I enjoyed being off in the summer but now need employment during the summer months.
fun place to work; could advance
Full Time College Student (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCDecember 28, 2015
They seemed to care about their employee; had excellent benefits; good pay. Worked with you if the weather was bad; ex: snow, icy roads.
Pros
had PPT; where you could get paid if you were late or had an emergency; understanding
A typical day at work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCDecember 15, 2015
Goals are undefined. No vision by upper management. Come in ready to put out daily fires. No written handbook of procedures and disciplinary plan of employees and students.
Pros
Love to teach
Cons
No breaks, unsatisfacotry working conditions
Alright place to work
Financial Aid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCNovember 16, 2015
It was a good atmosphere in the very beginning. Everyone was very helpful and eager to help me fit in. As time went on the back biting became more evident. Was not given ample assignments even when requested more work. Upper management very secretive in plans for the office. Ended up being restructured out of my position with no warning.
Pros
Office celebrations for everyone's birthday and for all holidays
Cons
Lack of openness from management
Enjoyed working on the student farm
Sustainable Farmer Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCNovember 3, 2015
Very pleasant work. Experience caring for chickens, greenhouse work, harvesting and processing crops, interaction with the public.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Carolina Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2