Central Carolina Hospital Employee Reviews

work is work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCDecember 16, 2016
fine they have a lot of drama but if u can get past that the doctors are really great to work with and most of the staff is also. They work day load is good not to busy but not to slow. The biggest thing that needs work is management but they have become under new management now and i no long work there so i can not speak for the new management.
Long term employee over 15 years
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 30, 2015
Be sure if you get an interview to ask other employees in that department what they think! Honesty goes a long way and be sure you're not just a warm body to fill a space that's needed. Do your homework and sometimes what looks good on paper is not what your getting.
Pros
Benifits are competitive, salary is competing with surrounding areas
Cons
Communication, Staffing, Department Structure and Upper Management and Directorial Managment
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NC 27332November 25, 2016
Enjoy working in the heathcare setting. I like the setting it is somewhat fast paced and everything you are doing is so important for the quality of life for the patients.
Pros
Enjoy encouraging patients
Cons
When patients die
Co Workers feel like family
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCDecember 5, 2016
Great place to learn to get your skills sharpened. As a nursing assistant you are consistently on the go, and sometimes you may not get a lunch.
great for family needs
Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 22, 2016
I worked weekends, which was awesome for my family needs. I facility was film-screen, with on-call radiologists. On-call technologists for the other modalities were very helpful and professional when needed.
great place
not saying (Current Employee) –  not sayingJune 24, 2016
great place to work, love this hospital, CEO is great. people are great, everyone is always smiling and enjoying thier day
Fast Paced Enviorment
Emergency Room Supervisor, Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJuly 5, 2016
Hard working with tasks that have to be completed daily. Very good company to work for and there are always education and training.
Your presence was absolutely necessary all the time.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCMay 2, 2016
Every bit of input was required all the time to make all come together. The healthcare field requires is very demanding and all is necessary in order for things to flow properly. I took my job very seriously and was committed.
Pros
discount meals
Cons
worked all holidays
no management
Server (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCMarch 23, 2016
Dont do it. There is no management at all. Its like high school all over again.Does no care for employees or making them happy.
Rn staff nurse
STAFF NURSE (Current Employee) –  Lillington, NCFebruary 27, 2016
A typical day at work includes all aspects on med-sur nuring with handling urgent medical condition changes. Bedside nuring is the part of my job I enjoy the most
exercise my mind and body, all is connected
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCNovember 26, 2015
As a seasoned health worker I am adapting, and ever changing to my environment, customers, and health care arena as a whole. I have no limits but those I set upon myself, and those given to me by the NC board of nursing, the hospital I work for, and my chain of command.
Pros
people perform better with good nursing
Cons
humans have limits
Nice place to work with room for growth
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJuly 16, 2015
Nice hospital with room for growth, great management that cares about employees. Float Pool Manager is AWESOME!! Most of my career has been spent here and I'm thankful for my time here and experience gained.
Very hard work
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCSeptember 24, 2015
I take care of patients to include admission, medication, intravenous fluids, wound care, cast, and discharge. Long hours and don't always get a break or lunch.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Very steady and overwhelming
Good as a starter job, but not for a long term career.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 13, 2013
Management is horrible- won't even help with answering phones, even when it's obvious the techs aren't able to do so at that particular time. Supervisors don't stay for long. Techs and phlebs don't stay long either....The dollar is the main priority, not patients. The lab is understaffed, and employees are underpaid and overworked. 1st shift hours are all out of whack. There really is no 8hr shift, it has become 10hrs. That's a bad deal, especially since it's difficult to get off on time. Techs are treated like slaves. It's hard to get a 30 minute lunch break, you're lucky if you get a break at all.
Pros
Fellow techs and phlebs are great people.
Cons
Short to no breaks, underpaid, overworked, understaffed, bad management
Productivity and the enjoyment of working in patient care.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCApril 16, 2013
My daily duties was to respond to daily work orders ,perform preventive maintenance and to insure that all 101 rooms was fully functionable at all times.I learned alot about patient care and being in a state of absolute readiness is very important in care of patients.Management was ok.Coworker was ok.The work their was not hard, but their was alot of different personilities.The most enjoy part of the job was working directly with the patient and being able to respond to their needs in fixing things that may have broken or out of place in the rooms .
Pros
working load was light
Cons
not enough work hours.
Great Experince
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCApril 28, 2015
This was a good place to get experience in starting out with customer service. The management was good but their were a lot of personal issues employee wise. It really made the job hard to work at. Overall the employees are warm welcoming but too personal.
Pros
Food, Clean Work Place
Cons
Employees personal discussions
Always think about your employees and what they do for the patients.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCMay 17, 2013
Where to start first and knowing how to handle the task.Taking crae of the patients and diong what the directors need for you to do.We help each other through the day so we all want get overwhelm doing the day.My hardest part is when I lose a patient and enjoyable part is I love what I do and do my job very well.
Pros
Love working with other people and knowing them as if they were family.
Cons
Been able to take a lunch break and know there are other coworkers will watch your patients for you.
An exceptional place to work
Unit Secretary/ Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJune 4, 2014
A company that provides excellent care and opportunities for career advancement.
fast pase, keeps you on your toes
Unit Secretary/CNA (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJune 4, 2014
I enjoy my job! On a typical work day, get report on patients. Head down the hall, get vital signs from each patient. Records the tempatures from refrigatures and freezers on the unit. If tempatures are out of range, call engineering to come correct them. Make two copies of my vital sign records. Hand one to nurse who is taking care of patients. Hand second copy to providor. Chart my vital records in chart. Hand out birth certificate worksheets and collect finished products. Enter birth certificate information into the state website. Have patient review and sign paperwork. Call down infants to registatrion and notifty pediatrian on call on new babies. Put a chart together and enter information into another state website. Clean delivery tables and leads. Restock room and delivery table if needed. Fax charts to certain doctor offices. Tear down a patients chart if they are going home. Make sure all information in state websites are correct and sent out. Premake charts for patients due to come in. At the end of the day Report off to night shift on patients.
I enjoy my co-workers. We all have to find that enjoyable part of our jobs. The hardest part of my job/our job is the loss of patient.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
short or no lunch
Surgical Tech
Surgical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJanuary 3, 2015
Setting up the operating room prior to surgery
Stocking surgical supplies
Sterilizing instruments, gowns, surfaces and other supplies
Checking surgical machines and equipment
Preparing patients for surgery
Transporting patients to and from surgery
Passing instruments to surgeons during surgery
Monitoring patients’ vital signs
Minor medical procedures

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Carolina Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Central Carolina Hospital Reviews by Location