Central Carolina Hospital Employee Reviews

Very stressful work environment
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCNovember 5, 2017
I worked under a contractor called Conifer Health Solutions. My manager and Director were both very unprofessional and played favorites with staff. There was never any room for career advancement as they never allowed for time to do training in order to advance. IF there was different management and better pay through this company, I would have probably worked there longer.
Great Learning Experience
Certified Nursing Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 30, 2017
I had an excellent experience here as a nursing assistant intern. I learned everything that I needed in order to sit for and pass the state boards to become certified.
Cc
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT II (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 29, 2017
CCH was a good company to work for. I was a nursing assistant at the time working on my nursing career I worked 12 hours every weekend until I competed my nursing program.
Great environment
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 14, 2017
Peaceful place to work. For the most part the employees are not rude and unprofessional. If your grounded in your career skills this is a great place to work.
Fast paced
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCSeptember 27, 2017
Don't want to work in hospital providing care anymore. Very fast paced, was a new company growing. They were trying to develop place to work. Could be better now, takes time to grow.
Productive and plesent people to work with.
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Language Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCSeptember 6, 2017
As the hospital interpreter for a small hospital, I was in every department; where I was needed. Emergency, Delivery Room, Inpatient, outpatient, D's meetings and hospital's front desk. The setting of the hospital was very well organized, management and staff work as a team, for the welfare of our patients. My enjoyable experience is to actually see a baby being born and working in the operating room as an interpreter to her Spanish speaking patients. Very nice atmosphere to work.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Very busy
n/a
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCAugust 31, 2017
Working at Central Carolina Hospital was a joy. It challenged me daily. I worked 12 hour shifts which I did enjoy. As a healthcare facility it is clean, modest, and has a great staff that really cares about your health. I would recommend this hospital to anyone.
CCH can be a great place to work...
Interim Employee (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCAugust 29, 2017
CCH can be a great place to work. There were times when there was some favoritism shown, a lot of employee gossip, and little chance for advancement. Aside from that, I do believe that CCH can be a great place to work if managers treated employees better and didn't use their position of authority as a weapon against employees. There are a lot of employees who try really hard to make it a great place to work, as they are there to do a service and to make a living to provide for their families. A lot of those employees did not get the recognition that they deserved. All in all, CCH is a good place to work, but you just have to have patience and pray before you go to work some days. No place is a perfect place to work, but I think that team building could play a major part in how productive employees can be if they are valued and appreciated for the hard work that they do each day.
Pros
Building relationships with patients and being proud of the service that you provide each day.
Cons
Low camaraderie between co-workers, low morale, cafeteria food is way too expensive!
would not recommend this faciltiy
Circulating RN (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCAugust 24, 2017
I would not recommend this facility. Benefits were good and life/balance was alright. Management was poor and lacked leadership. I observed favoritism for certain individuals. Poor organization.
benefits
Cons
unorganized, favoritism
Management team continually changing
Director of Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCAugust 22, 2017
CEO and CNO continually changed altering expectations and the hospitals direction. Staffing is continually less than optimal, pay not competitive. Difficult to procure equipment and supplies needed to handle the day to day requirements for patient care.
Good
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJuly 30, 2017
Good company they are very patient. On the job training. Great benefits. There are plenty hours when the census is high. I love working with the. Employees
Room for improvement
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJune 22, 2017
As a previous employee, who returned after completing my RN, I can tell a big difference between the previous Tenet and now Duke LifePoint. I came back to CCH because I love the small community family atmosphere. Right now that family atmosphere and my commitment to my fellow co-workers is what keeps me from leaving. Upon hire I was told that I was being paid RN pay (according to my years as a RN) which INCUDED my 13+ years of specialty experience that followed me to the field that I am currently in....as of now the hospital is hurting so bad for nurses that the NEW GRAD RN's are coming in and making the same as me--plus receiving a bonus!! I feel as if it is a smack in the face and an insult to my experience that I bring to the table for this facility. They couldn't even give their current employees a 1% raise that is very much deserved. By the way--the new signage at the front and side entrances of the hospital are very visible to the public but won't do anything if the hospital has a bad reputation.

I would love to see this facility succeed but first they have to hear what the employees are saying instead of trying to cut every corner to save a dollar. Happy employees = better patient care = more access to the community = more patients = more money for the hospital. Cookies, cake and food only goes so far to reward people for their hard work.
Pros
Hard working employees
Cons
Poor pay, low morale, over priced cafeteria food
Good Healthcare in Rural America
Senior Director of Inpatient Services (Current Employee) –  Sanford, North CarolinaJune 14, 2017
Central Carolina Hospital provides healthcare services to residents in and neighboring Sanford, North Carolina. It is a good place to work with good people.
Friendly
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 8, 2017
The staff here is friendly, but the work load is excessive at times. The Sterile department needs to be expanded badly. The work they want to do versus the capabilities within the sterile area do not work.
Working with professional employees in the workplace.
Clinical Engineering Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCMay 9, 2017
Serving Hospital departments that appreciated my many years
of solving their equipment issues in a professional manner.
Management provided adequate off-site technical training on newly
purchased equipment and on-site installation upgrades on older
systems.
Engineering department provided an adequate and clean environment
for our Biomedical equipment repair center and their employees worked with us as a team to do installation on large medical systems
in the Hospital departments as needed. We also helped them troubleshoot some of the more complex circuit repairs in Facility
Engineering equipment.
Pros
Friendly environment in which to work.
Cons
Very poor on-site food service meals for employees!
Working here is like working for most hospitals
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJanuary 20, 2017
I enjoyed learning from, and teaching others while working here. They have an ICU, but it is more like a step-down. This is a small hospital. The ED is also small.
work is work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCDecember 16, 2016
fine they have a lot of drama but if u can get past that the doctors are really great to work with and most of the staff is also. They work day load is good not to busy but not to slow. The biggest thing that needs work is management but they have become under new management now and i no long work there so i can not speak for the new management.
Co Workers feel like family
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCDecember 5, 2016
Great place to learn to get your skills sharpened. As a nursing assistant you are consistently on the go, and sometimes you may not get a lunch.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NC 27332November 25, 2016
Enjoy working in the heathcare setting. I like the setting it is somewhat fast paced and everything you are doing is so important for the quality of life for the patients.
Pros
Enjoy encouraging patients
Cons
When patients die
great for family needs
Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 22, 2016
I worked weekends, which was awesome for my family needs. I facility was film-screen, with on-call radiologists. On-call technologists for the other modalities were very helpful and professional when needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Carolina Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Central Carolina Hospital Reviews by Location