Central Casting Employee Reviews

Easy Going Work
Background Actor (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 13, 2017
Central casting provides an easy way to earn money while enjoying the behind the scenes action for movies, television shows, and commercials. Challenges are limited to continuity due to the fact that most tasks are simple. The most enjoyable part of the job is experiencing the live camera and acting action.
We didn't have time for playing on night shift bc of the work we had to put out.
Shake Machine (Former Employee) –  Central Castings Dr.February 17, 2017
I watched metals parts all night and used a slug hammer to beat parts off a metal rob which was called a tree.I made sure that as the parts was coming up the belt they wouldn't get stuck on other parts and I also checked to see if the shavings were low enough before breaking them off the tree.
The Job People Dream of...
Background Actor (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 23, 2017
I would typically wake up at 5AM get to set and change into wardrobe. Sit with other talent and then wait to be called to set. We would talk amongst each other and read books. We would have to do a scene over and over again until they got it right. The meals are always great and meeting the production teams and stars are always a plus.
Pros
Free lunches, and get to be around stars, along with making production connections.
Cons
Long work hours with nothing to do.
Amazing!
Background Actor (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 23, 2017
I loved this place! I would love to go back.. all that needs to be said. you meet so many different people from all over and witness and experience so much
Great atmosphere
Movie Extra (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 12, 2017
great atmosphere and the jopbs lets you meet celebrities every day, The food they served was always good. The job itself does not take much to learn.You had to be on time every day.
Fun and Different
Actor (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Great way to see the industry as a beginner. Phone lines are constantly busy, but worth the effort. Can be slow through the summer and end of the year. Definitely a job for those who want to pursue full time acting.
fun fun fun
Background and Stand In Actor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CADecember 30, 2016
Awesome career opportunity.
Working with multiple cable and prime time networks in both television and film production as both a background actor and stand-in actor. Gaining the opportunities to work as a team with new co-workers on a daily basis in a variety of conditions, as well as taking direction from multiple personal in order to make the shoot run as smooth as possible.

- Obtained over 300 hrs. of on-set time with thousands of actors and production staff. - Ability to work with some of the brightest and well-known actors and directors in both television and film during the 2015-16 filming period. - Learned how to work through any type of condition be it public or personal and still maintain a professional attitude and demeanour.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long days
It is job for lazy people, but who don't need pay bills...
Background Actor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 1, 2016
Central casting is work mostly for people, who doesn't need pay bills, who can hourly call them trying to find a job, and I couldn't find a job during in 2 weeks, long time to call, difficult to work like that
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Difficult to get job, waist time to call them
fun and informative
Background Actor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 30, 2016
A typical day at work for me was more of a rushed sort of experience .Employees had a certain deadline to uphold, they really kept us on our toes. Lunch breaks always felt short lived and being on set felt like you was in a endless trance.
Pros
food was good most of the time excellent customer service sometimes
Cons
the snacks they gave more crashes then building up energy
Productive fun work place
Background acting (Current Employee) –  New York, NY and Los angeles, CANovember 16, 2016
I love background acting because you get to dress up and play a character while watching the production of a tv show or movie. While on the job you get to meet new people as well as get other work done while you wait on set until they need you. Central casting is better for a part time job rather then full time.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lots of waiting
okay start
Background Actor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2016
Agents need to work on their communication skills also their booking style is from stone age. They need big improvments.
It was my first time
Background (Extra) (Former Employee) –  OrlΓ©ans (45)September 4, 2016
Its not meant for everybody because the only con is its long work hours. Also, some of the crew may seem rude or overly stress so it may look like they don't care ,but honestly they have the best intentions for you and the movie.
Have not landed a role
Background Actor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2016
The place is very organized for as hectic the film industry can be. I have had not worked on set as of writing this review, but I am having a hard time actually getting work because of the "first come first serve" way thew casting process goes, so one must be on the line at all times to find any job.
Great company
Actor/Model (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2016
I LOVE working with this agency. Not only because of the levels of respect from the staff but because of the work they submit me for. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE AGENCY!! THEY ROCK
Exciting for the first week.
Background Actor - Freelance (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 14, 2016
Working all day on set in fun for a while. Then it gets really boring. The pay is minimal and you basically do nothing all day.
Love this job!
Film/TV Extra (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 10, 2016
Working in the entertainment industry is a dream of mine, and this job couldn't be more entertaining! Arriving to set to be approved by hair/makeup and working on set with the cast and crew of different projects is always an exciting experience.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch, free craft service, working with industry professional, seeing a familiar face
Cons
Long hours on your feet
It looks like a fun place to work and I hope I make some new friends.
Actress (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
I really want to work their and it looks like a fun place to work. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽ¦ I really really really need a job please?
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
Short break
Company needs to come into the 21st Centry
Background Actor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 30, 2016
I've worked as an extra for over 5 years here in South Louisiana. There are established,reputable casting companies here. All of them use modern forms of communications when booking background. They use email, web sites, texting, Facebook, etc to find and book talent, notify of call times, wardrobe and such. But this company is completely backward. They make you drive to New Orleans to register with them, which is ridiculous for background work, especially since there is My Casting File for talent info and now CURRENT photo's can be taken and sent immediately. If you do get booked with them, rather than sending an email with location, wardrobe, call time etc or use a web site to relay all that pertinent info, they make you call in and listen to a frickin hour long recorded message for each casting you are booked on. Ironic this is, all of those extra hoops they make you jump through doesn't make them more organized or professional, more like the reverse. They need to ditch the answering machine, use email and text and come into this century with their communications.
Central Casting
grinder, cleanup, molding (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALMarch 12, 2016
Typical 40 hours work weeks. On the job training and certification. I have seen many people laid off. This company changes policies often.
Pros
health benifits
Cons
frequent lay offs
Great way to meet new people!
Background Actor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 26, 2016
A typical day is waiting around to get on to set. Easy work! As long as you don't talk to much while on set you'll get along with everyone!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Casting. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2