Central Casting Employee Reviews in United States

Have not landed a role
Background Actor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2016
The place is very organized for as hectic the film industry can be. I have had not worked on set as of writing this review, but I am having a hard time actually getting work because of the "first come first serve" way thew casting process goes, so one must be on the line at all times to find any job.
Exciting for the first week.
Background Actor - Freelance (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 14, 2016
Working all day on set in fun for a while. Then it gets really boring. The pay is minimal and you basically do nothing all day.
Love this job!
Film/TV Extra (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 10, 2016
Working in the entertainment industry is a dream of mine, and this job couldn't be more entertaining! Arriving to set to be approved by hair/makeup and working on set with the cast and crew of different projects is always an exciting experience.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch, free craft service, working with industry professional, seeing a familiar face
Cons
Long hours on your feet
It looks like a fun place to work and I hope I make some new friends.
Actress (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
I really want to work their and it looks like a fun place to work. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍🎦 I really really really need a job please?
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
Short break
Company needs to come into the 21st Centry
Background Actor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 30, 2016
I've worked as an extra for over 5 years here in South Louisiana. There are established,reputable casting companies here. All of them use modern forms of communications when booking background. They use email, web sites, texting, Facebook, etc to find and book talent, notify of call times, wardrobe and such. But this company is completely backward. They make you drive to New Orleans to register with them, which is ridiculous for background work, especially since there is My Casting File for talent info and now CURRENT photo's can be taken and sent immediately. If you do get booked with them, rather than sending an email with location, wardrobe, call time etc or use a web site to relay all that pertinent info, they make you call in and listen to a frickin hour long recorded message for each casting you are booked on. Ironic this is, all of those extra hoops they make you jump through doesn't make them more organized or professional, more like the reverse. They need to ditch the answering machine, use email and text and come into this century with their communications.
Central Casting
grinder, cleanup, molding (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALMarch 12, 2016
Typical 40 hours work weeks. On the job training and certification. I have seen many people laid off. This company changes policies often.
Pros
health benifits
Cons
frequent lay offs
Great way to meet new people!
Background Actor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 26, 2016
A typical day is waiting around to get on to set. Easy work! As long as you don't talk to much while on set you'll get along with everyone!
Something different every call!
Extra (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 18, 2016
I do miss this! Whenever/if ever I'm back in CA, I look forward to booking myself on a few shows again! However, CC is in Atlanta now, so it's much closer!
Productive fun atomoshere
Actor (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Enjoyed working there. Variety of roles and positions with growth opportunity. Friendly place to work and network with others.
The gateway to the entertainment industry!
Background Actor (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 18, 2015
If you like to dress up and portray characters in a creative manner, this company will help you fulfill these passions. Sometimes, you have to go on a moments notice, so be conscientious of that fact.
Pros
Free meals, great environment
Cons
Schedules are erratic.
Fun and interesting job sights and people that were different every day.
Background Actor (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 6, 2015
Going in to work I never knew how long of a day or night it would be, or what was in store. The night before I was given a time and place to be, and generally what to wear, and how to do my hair and makeup. Upon arrival I would check in and start following directions on what to do next; to wardrobe? or makeup?, or to a holding area to wait for further instructions. Sometimes I felt I was all on my own, but often met others in my position to talk to. The sets and other actors were very intriguing to me.
Pros
Variety in location, time, place, and people, often free lunches.
Cons
Sometimes no healthy food on set, or water, very long hours and not knowing when they end.
Productive And Fun Workplace
Acting/Extra/Stand-In (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2015
Working with background has been a positive experience for the most part. You learn so much about the set as fa as what it really takes to keep a show flowing and the work that actors have to put in in order to ensure a quality product is being produced.
Pros
Free Lunch, Kind Staff, Fun Environment
Cons
Long waiting time in holdings
A great oppurtunity to work on multiple film and television productions
Background Actor (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 24, 2015
They allowed me to work on some of the greatest projects on film and television, plus assured that compensation, including overtime was properly accounted for.
Pros
Variety of work oppurtuntites
Cons
Work is not consistent
Experience in the Entertainment business
Production assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2015
Was given the task of check in background onset. Learned to handle situation of important people in a professional matter, conducting different objectives at the same time, handling important scripts, phone calls making sure everything was in order and everyone was happy and a blast to work with different people. Hardest part is not to screw up and be time efficient. The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to meet and greet very successful people. Provided catering and that everyday was different.
Pros
Free Lunches, Overtime, Great people, Always a different day
Cons
Short breaks, Fast paced, Time efficient
Enjoy working on set have fun
Background Artist (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 20, 2015
Some of my co-worker range from Academy Awards winner to top Executive Producers & Directors. Great environment but jobs are hard to come by depending on what the studios are looking for.
Pros
Free gourment lunch
Cons
Work in any condition weather permit
Fun, Easy, and Interesting!
Background Actor (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 10, 2015
I think Central Casting is great as something to do on the side of other activities. It gets me on set of my favorite shows and the interactions I've had with other people are great! Central Casting is a really great service for anyone wanting to be an extra in the movies!
Pros
Free food, making friends, getting behind the camera
Cons
Lots of standing and waiting around
Entertaining and fun work place that allows for traveling
Background Actress (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 26, 2015
During my time working with this company, I made a lot of connections in the entertainment business and I will most certainly enjoy working with them again. You can a line for casting calls, you submit yourself for work, you arrive on location, go to ward robe, hair and make up and you're ready to be on camera as an an extra or stand in or whatever they need. I learned a lot about the industry while working with them and I would love to do it again because I don't feel there's any monotony. The hardest part of the job was whether there was no catering for lunch or not. I just loved seeing the actors and learning from the crew because acting is my field.
Pros
Free lunch, meet new people all the time, travel to different locations.
Cons
No health benefits, minimum wage if not union.
Fun if the show is good, but you never know what you're going to get
Background Actor (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 18, 2015
Fun and cool to work on TV shows and movies. You most of the time don't know when and where you are going until after you already agree to work. Sometimes they get calltimes wrong or even who they submit.
Pros
Work on TV shows and movies
Cons
Never know what you are getting into
Excellent gig
Background Actor (Current Employee) –  los angeles, caApril 16, 2015
Great way to be included in a big budget film and a chance to network. I enjoyed working with other people and seeing well known actors.
Long hours but it is a good way to learn how it feels to work on a TV or movie set
Background Actor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2015
A typical day of work, it is necessary to wake up at 3:00 am, call into the hotline to double check information for the filming for the day. Then leave with suitcase for wardrobe change (which will be checked by wardrobe personal). When you arrive at holding, check in, get wardrobe approved, then go to hair and makeup. Once all of that is done, it is then to start filling out vouchers which will be handed back in before checking out. Once on set, where filming is taking place, it is important to be quick, follow directions, and behave in professional matter. There are costly, high quality cameras all around, and high profile personal so it is important to have a professional behavior at all times. We spend the time on set carrying out assigned roles (roles can be filmed over and over again until the director and camera men are satisfied). So one scene can usually take an estimated time of three to five hours to shoot. Long hours standing, moving around, etc.
Pros
free lunch, networking, experience being on a set, interact with celebrities
Cons
health care, no job consistency, have to pay to apply for a job

4.2