Central City Concern Employee Reviews

Lead Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 12, 2018
It was great working with my coworkers and the clients at Old Town Clinic. Management was great and very supportive. The hardest part of the job is having too much compassion. I wanted to help everyone with everything all of the time. I had to know my boundaries. The best part of the job is seeing patients get better over time.
Pros
excellent and inclusive work culture
Cons
compassion fatigue
Ccc
Care Team Manager/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 25, 2018
CCC is a great place to work! I've been here for over 10 years because the company treats employees well, they are flexible, supportive and respect me as an individual.
Licensed and certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 8, 2018
Providing medical, mental health and pharmacy services to mentally ill folks, drug addicts, homeless and recovering addicts.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people in need.
Pros
Often we got cookies, cupcakes, pizza, had many pot lucks, loved the clients
Cons
The clicks within the work place, things were very unfair.
A great place to work
On-Call Childcare Worker (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 10, 2017
Considerate of employees' needs in regards to taking time off for personal appointments. Breaks and lunch hours are always provided. Personal interactions are respectful.
Very happy
Human Resoureces (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 6, 2017
I have luckily found a position that I fully enjoy and feel secure at. I have wonderful co-workers and everyone is happy to be here. We have a wonderful team and I get the support that I need. We have a great mission, and my supervisors truly care about the wellbeing of their employees so we can help our clients. I couldn't be happier. I've been here for over a year.
Pros
coworkers, mission, benefits, flexibility, free coffee
Low stress
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 13, 2017
I worked for the for-profit division of Central City Concern. I felt that your success on at the company was not always based on work performance, but rather whether you agreed with management 100% of the time. I also noticed that they periodically went through waves of lay-offs
Pros
excellent 503B plan
Cons
fairly low wages
Central City Concern
Janitor Trainee Janitor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 5, 2017
This was a 6 month pilot project which entailed removing trash, etc., from streets in downtown Portland. The positive part of the job was that I got to get to know downtown Portland, and the negative part was working no matter what the weather was.
Good co-workers, poor management, stressful population
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Old Town ClinicJune 24, 2017
The workdays weren't rushed but you are working with a population facing many challenges. Originally, Central City promoted people within to management positions. In the last 5 years, they hired management who had never worked with such populations. The combination of corporate management and the required compassion felt impossible. Cruel, incongruent management.
Pros
decent benefits package
Cons
Managers, low pay
Excellent positive enviroment which the company want's you to succeed
Janitor trainee (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 13, 2017
I would recommend this company to anyone, I loved the fact that you were able to wear Short's while working, it was very comfortable. When you are on the job you are always meeting and talking with the public, also you receive lot's of gratitude from people.
Pros
Staff and supervisors are amazing
Cons
Personalaties
Amazing Job
Clerical Trainee (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 18, 2017
I absolutely love working here. Giving back to a community in high demand of needed help is encouraging to the soul!

Dealing with a diversity of clients and helping them achieve their work goals.
Pros
Great atmosphere and wonderful coworkers
Cons
Don't believe in Cons, because there is always room to improve.
home,health,and jobs
Front Desk/Custodian Trainee (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 6, 2017
working with homeless,addiction,and community .being able to work in a diverse community and company is very rewarding cause of your ability to work with people on an individual basis to cater to there needs
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
requirements for some positions
Endless possibilites
Treatment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 5, 2017
Great place to work!
a big melting pot of new people and new places :) If you looking for a typical place of employment CC Concern is a place to build your career.
Fun and many opportunities to succeed
On-call Front Desk/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 20, 2017
I absolutely love working for Central City Concern. As an On-Call Front Desk/Custodian, a typical day looks pretty relaxed. Maintaining building upkeep and regulating the front desk at one of their properties is the job. I believe whole-heartedly in Central City Concerns mission. I love my coworkers there, they love and care for the residents who are some of the most vulnerable population. We deal with mental illness and substance abuse, but we treat our residents as worthy human beings and strive to help them make their lives successful. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult people. the most enjoyable part is when a resident comes in completely hopeless and you watch them turn their lives around.
Pros
Free coffee and a very enjoyable workplace
Cons
favoritism
A good place to get a new start
Community Building Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 5, 2016
Central City Concern gave me the oppurtunities to begin a new start after I went to treatment. There is a very good possibility for a person to gain advancement and gain a steady full time position. The way the staff and other employees treated me were extremely positive and healthy in all ways.
Pros
Great benefits package, Room for advancement
Cons
Some of the buildings are not safe to work in
Amazing place to work
Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 14, 2016
I LOVE my job, the people I work with, the population we serve, and the organization's altruism and mission. Management is well balanced, I've learned so much, and my days are very busy, exciting, challenging at times in all the best ways, and I'm kept on my toes.
typical day
Lead Community Building Asst (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 26, 2016
a typical day would be coming to the building i would assigned what need to be done Then have a meeting with my coworkers and assign work as need
Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 5, 2016
Proficient and organized. The staff is dedicated to helping patients fulfill their needs according to a doctor's prescription. Advanced technology in organizing and filing medications. Staff is friendly and hard-working. Truly enjoyed working with the public.
Pros
Free coffee every day
Cons
Label machine jams
Productive Fun Work Place
Janitor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 25, 2016
Stay Close Go Far: Go Portland OR
Flexible Hours With Accessible Transportation...
Centrally Located With Plenty Of Options...
Pros
Organized
Cons
Rains Alot
The overall company is great company to work for
Benefit Entitlement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland ORSeptember 3, 2015
I enjoy working for CCC. I love serving the community and making a difference in peoples lives. CCC takes pride in being nothing short of amazing in peoples lives by making sure they can meet each individual's needs the best they can!
Okay company to work for
Medical Records, Lead (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 20, 2015
Central City is a company where one can really learn about diversity and what it is like working with so many diverse people who may be going through the same situation but in many different ways which is all educational and very helpful.
Pros
meeting a diverse community
Cons
sometimes working with the supervisor