CENTRAL COLLEGE Employee Reviews in United States

Productive work and learning environment
Marketing and Administration Intern (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAMarch 28, 2016
Enjoyed the opportunity to use previous knowledge along with learned on the job skills. Was allowed to work on my own and come up with my own ideas to create a marketing buzz for events.
Pros
gained experience
Cons
Internship compensation
Productive and fun with a lot of hands on work that prepared me for future careers.
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAMarch 21, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see the athletes heal and progress through various injuries. A typical day at work included two hours of rehabilitation exercises with many different athletes as well as being a first responder at practice in which we provided first aid, CPR, and other health care needs.
a positive learning environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAApril 6, 2013
Central has many adjunct instructors; this gives many people such as myself the experience and opportunity to work at a post secondary level without a PHD for tenure track. As an adjunct one must be strong in communication ,asking questions and self advocacy. Adjuncts are valuable to various programs however, I am not convinced that they are valued by all departments with benefits and compensation packages.
Jpb is pleasant but no chance for advancement of wage increase
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAJanuary 4, 2014
I enjoy my coworkers and the job in general. I am disappointed in no chance for advancement, wage increase or increase in benefits
Pros
good hours, clean job, air conditioning to work in
Cons
no advance, no wage increase, no benefit increase
Great work environment
❸ Custodian (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAJune 13, 2015
Facilities and Planning Management is a great department to work for and with. The staff is helpful, courteous, and professional at all times. Custodians can encounter any number of situations, but have the flexibility and knowledge to handle them. We were encouraged to engage with the general public as well as our fellow employees regarding what was needed and required to maintain a healthy and sate environment.
Ordinary workplace
English teacher (Former Employee) –  JouniehJune 24, 2015
Not a good place for advancement and growth neither financially nor academically. I used to teach 12 classes. It was hilarious and the income was so low not to mention the low self esteem that teachers felt because of the disrespect and oppression we were subject to. The job was not enjoyable at all.
Great learning experience.
Assistant Curator (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAMay 15, 2015
By working with other art professionals and other collegiate faculty, I was exposed to a professional environment where my contributions to projects were always appreciated.
Amazing school
Adjunct Statistics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAFebruary 15, 2015
I'm an alumni and previous adjunct instructor. I could never say enough about how great my experience was at Central College.

The instructors truly care about the students and will do almost anything to help them succeed.

I would love to work there again!
you worked all the time but for your breaks
Lead Worker (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAAugust 20, 2014
you would start cleaning has so has you got there.
Management needs to listen more
putting up with people not telling the truth
Talking with the kids
Personal Training Internship at Central College
Student Intern Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pella, IANovember 17, 2014
I made and implemented training programs for students and faculty. Very little guidance, but this lets you do what you want with your clients. Very nice gym to work in, however very busy during sports team hours.
Teaching Assistant to Chemistry Labs
Organic & Inorganic Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAJuly 9, 2013
I genuinely looked forward to these labs. The lab is where I feel most comfortable and there's nothing like teaching others about your passion.
great place to learn about dining services
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAJanuary 7, 2014
good place within a great town. started from the bottom and worked my way to student manager. learned so much.