CENTRAL COLLEGE

CENTRAL COLLEGE Employer Reviews

Jpb is pleasant but no chance for advancement of wage increase
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee), Pella, IAJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: good hours, clean job, air conditioning to work in
Cons: no advance, no wage increase, no benefit increase
I enjoy my coworkers and the job in general. I am disappointed in no chance for advancement, wage increase or increase in benefits
Teaching Assistant to Chemistry Labs
Organic & Inorganic Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Pella, IAJuly 9, 2013
I genuinely looked forward to these labs. The lab is where I feel most comfortable and there's nothing like teaching others about your passion.
a positive learning environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Pella, IAApril 6, 2013
Central has many adjunct instructors; this gives many people such as myself the experience and opportunity to work at a post secondary level without a PHD for tenure track. As an adjunct one must be strong in communication ,asking questions and self advocacy. Adjuncts are valuable to various programs however, I am not convinced that they are valued – more... by all departments with benefits and compensation packages. – less
fun and amazing
Student (Former Employee), Glasgow, SCTNovember 14, 2013
was learning eveyday about hairdressing learned all levels or hair for ladies and gents. the teachers were amazing great help to students, And all the other students were great to be with for 2 years. Was really enjoyable course and learned loads of things i know have with me for life.
insecure work environment with constant change
Learning Mentor/Learner Achievement Coach (Current Employee), Nottingham, ENGSeptember 5, 2013
A typical day would involve me supporting a number of students with lots of issues in their life which is affecting their studies.
I don't really learn that much which i want to progress onto better things. I can do this job very easily.
Management have a different outlook on what is expected of the college. They see money....i see support/help/guidance – more... for the next generation.
Many of my co-workers share my views on work but are too scared to say that so they just agree with management views.
The hardest part of my job is watching my co workers lower themselves and suck up to the management> they are too scared to voice their own opinions..
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that i am helping young people on a day to day basis. – less