Central Community College Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
not very demanding
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEMay 21, 2015
A typical day as an RA doesn't call for a lot of work. At the most I'd have to let a few people into their rooms when they forget their keys. working desk once or twice a week is the most that this job really requires. the hardest part of this job would be when the residents break rules and then having to write citations for their violations. Also sitting at the desk from 6pm-midnight is not the most desirable thing to do on a school night or the weekend. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with the residents and getting to know different people from all walks of life.
Pros
the pay, leadership opportunities
Cons
work hours, demand to be available to residents 24/7
Loved to see the students learn they are like sponges
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kearney NebraskaMay 11, 2015
I Enjoyed teaching the CNA students watching then learn something new every day was the best part and seeing their faces when something we were teaching clicked. I learned for the student to be more patient with myself and others and never judge a book by it's cover. the greatest part of the job was seeing these students out in the community working with the skills and know how that had been taught to them by myself and other co-workers.
Pros
loved to watch stundents grow
Cons
not enough hours
Great place to work as a full time student
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEApril 1, 2015
Working as a Student Ambassador was a great experience. I would give tours to prospective students, I learned how to sell the college by getting to know the students and their family members. I used what I learned from the students to give them the best information about all the services and faculty we have on campus.
I worked with the other ambassadors on Campus Visit days and New Student Orientations and they were great to work with. And out supervisors were very easy going and seemed to really enjoy their work. So working for them was also enjoyable.
The hardest part about working as an ambassador was dealing with difficult students, some people were really shy or slightly rude so working with them and staying positive was difficult.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the students and faculty members. Speaking with people and giving them information to help make their lives better is always extremely rewarding.
Pros
Extremely flexable with school and free CCC swag
If you desire stress in the workplace then I would recommend this place.
Human Resource Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEFebruary 11, 2013
I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people outside of the HR department. The hardest part of the job was trying to cope professinally with bullying from the HR department.The coworkers outside of the department were enjoyable and fun to be around. Management left alot to be desired as far as dealing with current situations.
Great place to work!
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEJune 8, 2012
My typical was managing a $2.9 million dollar grant in transportation, distributiion, warehousing and logistics. Worked colaboratively with other college education partners. Develop new training programs for business and industry customers.

I learned allot about the transportaion industry and supply chain management.

Management is very supportive.

Co-workers are great. Always willing to help out when ever needed.

Hardest part of the job was knowing the grant would end one day.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with great co-workers. It always felt like being part of a big family. Very supportive!
Pros
excellent insurance benifits. excellent 401-k plans including matching contribution.
Cons
knowing the grant life only had 4 years.
great people to work with
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 13, 2013
I learned a great deal on how to set up computers. Each day would be the same for each semester. We took orders over the phone from instructors that needed our service and then delivered them on time before classes would start. Once classes would end we would break down equipment and take it back to the office. We also troubleshot when computers were not working.
Pros
worked around my schedule
Good College
Full-time College Student (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEApril 30, 2015
Instructors are fun to be around and truly know how to teach their students. Also, CCC gets you better prepared for a 4-year institution.
Amazing Learning Experience
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NEMarch 24, 2015
I have loved working at CCC. I have been tutoring there since I have been enrolled there. I love working with all the students and learning more and more everyday.
A positive tutoring environment.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEOctober 10, 2013
Assist students in completing classwork assignments, create a clear understanding of course material, and build good test taking skills.
Tutoring requires excellent people skills and a team player mentality. Having this job helped me reinforce those positive skills into good work habits, and helping create a excellent work environment.
I had no co workers, but if I did I would like to think I could have worked well with them.
The hardest part of the job is explaining the course material in a way to allow a student to understand the course work, and go on to be able to complete the class work, and pass the course.
This is also the most enjoyable part of the job, and when a student understands the course work enough and how to complete the problems at hand, a feeling of accomplishment is well earned.
Pros
positive skill building for both parties. and a fun job.
Cons
low pay, few students.

Central Community College Reviews by Location