Central Community College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Instructor
Full-Time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NEJuly 23, 2017
The students are great, and my fellow faculty and staff are also devoted, and good to work with. That being said, there has been a lot of turnover in the last few years. Some of the administrators are difficult to work with and make doing your primary job more difficult. Many of the decisions that affect our day-to-day jobs are handed down, often with either no legitimate explanation, or an explanation that is partial.

A number of administrators do not take questioning or criticism well. If you do decide to work here, I would advise you keep your head down and do what you are told .

If the college is in a more desirable location, I would weakly recommend it, but given the location of the school, I would not recommend working here as a faculty member, unless you do not have much experience and intend on teaching at the school until you can get a job elsewhere.
Pros
Good pay for the region
Cons
I do not feel like a professional, many convoluted rules coming from isolated incidents.
Okay place
Student (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NEJune 26, 2017
Difficult to balance work and school if you are attending a program that requires full time commitment. Should be able to attend in the program of your choice with flexible options for classes for non traditional students
Pros
Lots of great education
Cons
NOT flexible at all
Just fine
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEJune 26, 2017
I needed some money while at school, this did the trick and I worked well. Helped out Math teachers with all of their busy work, and while sometimes tedious, it was simple work for good pay.
Nice place to work
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEMay 9, 2017
Benefits for full time and part time. Nice teachers and students. Great atmosphere. Lots of activities. Lots of friendly faces and staff. Clean. Nice work area. Continually improving buildings, software, hardware, and education.
Fun work environment
Clerical assignments (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEMay 1, 2017
After I was done with classes I would go and help some of the Technology professors with organizing, grade papers, filing and even just run errands. I would also if need be and had some extra time they would help me on some of my assignments if there was extra time. I really enjoyed working for them and they helped quite a bit with patience and helped me achieve my goals!
Great college job
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEApril 11, 2017
This job was on campus and very beneficial for me to have while having a full time college class schedule. My manager scheduled me as much as she could given my availability and it gave me time to do homework as well. I learned organizational skills from this job as well as customer service, technology, and instructing skills.
Pros
Flexible hours
Fun place to work with people
STUDENT AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NEJanuary 26, 2016
My typical day consisted of giving life tours of the campus and answering phone calls for the admissions office.I also helped with campus visit day. The most enjoyable part about this job is getting work with people by giving them tours of our campus.
Pros
Flexiable with my class schedule
Cons
Short lunch break
not very demanding
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEMay 21, 2015
A typical day as an RA doesn't call for a lot of work. At the most I'd have to let a few people into their rooms when they forget their keys. working desk once or twice a week is the most that this job really requires. the hardest part of this job would be when the residents break rules and then having to write citations for their violations. Also sitting at the desk from 6pm-midnight is not the most desirable thing to do on a school night or the weekend. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with the residents and getting to know different people from all walks of life.
Pros
the pay, leadership opportunities
Cons
work hours, demand to be available to residents 24/7
Loved to see the students learn they are like sponges
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kearney NebraskaMay 11, 2015
I Enjoyed teaching the CNA students watching then learn something new every day was the best part and seeing their faces when something we were teaching clicked. I learned for the student to be more patient with myself and others and never judge a book by it's cover. the greatest part of the job was seeing these students out in the community working with the skills and know how that had been taught to them by myself and other co-workers.
Pros
loved to watch stundents grow
Cons
not enough hours
Good College
Full-time College Student (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEApril 30, 2015
Instructors are fun to be around and truly know how to teach their students. Also, CCC gets you better prepared for a 4-year institution.
Great place to work as a full time student
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEApril 1, 2015
Working as a Student Ambassador was a great experience. I would give tours to prospective students, I learned how to sell the college by getting to know the students and their family members. I used what I learned from the students to give them the best information about all the services and faculty we have on campus.
I worked with the other ambassadors on Campus Visit days and New Student Orientations and they were great to work with. And out supervisors were very easy going and seemed to really enjoy their work. So working for them was also enjoyable.
The hardest part about working as an ambassador was dealing with difficult students, some people were really shy or slightly rude so working with them and staying positive was difficult.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the students and faculty members. Speaking with people and giving them information to help make their lives better is always extremely rewarding.
Pros
Extremely flexable with school and free CCC swag
Amazing Learning Experience
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NEMarch 24, 2015
I have loved working at CCC. I have been tutoring there since I have been enrolled there. I love working with all the students and learning more and more everyday.
A positive tutoring environment.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEOctober 10, 2013
Assist students in completing classwork assignments, create a clear understanding of course material, and build good test taking skills.
Tutoring requires excellent people skills and a team player mentality. Having this job helped me reinforce those positive skills into good work habits, and helping create a excellent work environment.
I had no co workers, but if I did I would like to think I could have worked well with them.
The hardest part of the job is explaining the course material in a way to allow a student to understand the course work, and go on to be able to complete the class work, and pass the course.
This is also the most enjoyable part of the job, and when a student understands the course work enough and how to complete the problems at hand, a feeling of accomplishment is well earned.
Pros
Positive skill building for both parties. And a fun job.
Cons
Low Pay, few students.
great people to work with
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 13, 2013
I learned a great deal on how to set up computers. Each day would be the same for each semester. We took orders over the phone from instructors that needed our service and then delivered them on time before classes would start. Once classes would end we would break down equipment and take it back to the office. We also troubleshot when computers were not working.
Pros
worked around my schedule
If you desire stress in the workplace then I would recommend this place.
Human Resource Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEFebruary 11, 2013
I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people outside of the HR department. The hardest part of the job was trying to cope professinally with bullying from the HR department.The coworkers outside of the department were enjoyable and fun to be around. Management left alot to be desired as far as dealing with current situations.
Great place to work!
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEJune 8, 2012
My typical was managing a $2.9 million dollar grant in transportation, distributiion, warehousing and logistics. Worked colaboratively with other college education partners. Develop new training programs for business and industry customers.

I learned allot about the transportaion industry and supply chain management.

Management is very supportive.

Co-workers are great. Always willing to help out when ever needed.

Hardest part of the job was knowing the grant would end one day.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with great co-workers. It always felt like being part of a big family. Very supportive!
Pros
excellent insurance benifits. excellent 401-k plans including matching contribution.
Cons
knowing the grant life only had 4 years.