Central Connecticut State University Employee Reviews

Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 14, 2017
I learnt to make lesson plans and develop materials for various proficiency levels.

I have learnt to give special attention to students when their concepts are not clear,

I can also use audio visual aids and use CCQs for teaching new vocabulary and sentence structures.

Lastly, I have learnt to work under pressure as I was studying and working at the same time.
Pros
Positive and friendly atmosphere
Cons
Needs to be more organized
Good Pay, Poor Culture
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 7, 2017
A culture of fear and CYA dominates. Trickle down management from the Board of Regents makes innovation and agility of operation difficult. The institutional memory is long and most often is used grouse or fuel grudges.
Pros
working with students
Cons
institutional culture, management follies
Supportive coworkers and welcoming environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 1, 2017
Working as a Resident Assistant for Central Connecticut State University was an experience that offered so many learning opportunities. Although the schedule was time consuming, the support of the entire residence life department made the job enjoyable and an overall great experience
Clinical Instructor.
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTMarch 30, 2017
An established university to teach nursing students. Students are always eager to learn. Staff is very nice and accommodating. Willing to give you choices as to where you would like to teach clinicals.
Love this school
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTFebruary 24, 2017
Teachers are amazing, personable yet wise. Community of students is welcoming and eager to continue their education at the right place. Undergrad and Grad student here because I didn't want to leave!
University Assisant position review
University Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJanuary 5, 2017
.........Good place to work..... They need to pay their employees more fairly. Even if you do your job well, be careful of the politics.............
Great Job
Special Teams Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTOctober 25, 2016
Great job but no job security in my career choice. CCSU had great employee's and unbelievable benefits. big enough that you felt like it was a university, small enough that you knew everybody.
Good place to work at. Learned management perspective of work.
Graduate Research and Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTSeptember 7, 2016
Learned management perspective of work.My work was sometimes easy and sometimes it tests my time management skills. Nothing was so hard because I love challenges.
Nice environment
Student Center Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTAugust 19, 2016
• Assisting administrator of office
• Working with other clerks to organize events
• Taking calls and messages for the office
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTAugust 1, 2016
CCSU is a good place to work with competitive benefits! Colleagues are outstanding and a great place to learn and grow.
Pros
Challenging, rewarding
Cons
No upward mobility
not enough teaching hours
Adjunct professor (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJuly 7, 2016
Pleasant environment for teaching foreign languages. The head of the Foreign Language Department at that time was wonderful.
Pros
Motivated students
Cons
Not enough students
very good place , very high smart students , faculty, great programs and activities
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 28, 2016
Although working here wasn't a payed job, volunteering here was by far the best experience of my life. Being so young at the time working with college students , helping out organizing programs for the students , professors. it was so much fun, I got to experience first hand what college life was , due to the academics, there daily life there, the expenses , the cool clubs , where they actually lived on campus how they lived etc... it was great it made not only encourage me so young to rush into college at that age I was in but even now as a high school graduate to enter college in the fall. CCSU has a reputation where they will get you involved in almost everything they encourage you to come to at least try it out , so many great people there , so much help, the campus its self is beautiful, it really make you feel not only comfortable but mainly at home.
Pros
free lunches, great porgram
Productive and fun workplace
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 4, 2016
A typical day - go into the office and check voicemail and email
then go to the info session and introduce myself and give the tour
I have learned to do lots of public speaking and customer service
Management is great and very flexible.
There was no really hard part of the job what i enjoyed most of the job was to be able to network
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
walking about 5 miles a day
Love being able to pass on my knowledge to students
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 19, 2016
I love that Central gives graduate students the opportunity to teach undergraduates in lower level courses. It gives us a taste of just how much work goes into teaching just one course and renders a new level of respect for all my past professors.

Teaching here has helped diminish my fear of public speaking, taught me how to organize a curriculum, develop my own lesson plans, and manage my time both in and outside of the classroom. I would highly recommend this job to anyone given the opportunity. I wish I had started sooner in my graduate career as it has helped me become a better student and young professional.
Good educators work well with what they are given
Biomolecular Sciences (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTMarch 19, 2016
The school is good, the community is tight knit and mostly all of the educators there are great at what they do. Occasionally their funds are limited and it can affect their ability but I was often impressed by how well they worked with what they were given. Overall a great school.
Pros
Great teachers
Cons
Occasionally limited funding
Great school that allows for individual growth
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTJanuary 18, 2016
Everyday that I attend the school and participate in research is informative and makes me use my problem solving skills. Weather the situation calls for a new process of extracting DNA or figuring out how to make a sample pure the sky is the limit.
Pros
Working in a Lab
Cons
Time limits for lab use
Nothing Special
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTSeptember 23, 2015
Just an average office job working for my school. I was responsible for misc.clerical work. I didn't learn too much from the staff nor the management. I wouldn't say too much more about this place.
Pros
easy work
Cons
unfulfilled job
Productive and fun workplace
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTAugust 20, 2015
I just worked as a work study position but I miss working there. I learned a lot about clerical work. Fun work place with supportive staff.
Positive experience
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTAugust 18, 2015
Typical day includes having one on one appointments with advisees. Each day at work has some common elements, but there are differences, as all individuals and their course loads are different. Staff is professional and easy to work with.
Pros
Professional and educational environment
Cons
Limited opportunities for full time permanent employment
One of the best schools in the Connecticut State system in terms of support, student participation, and appreciation for our efforts.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJuly 17, 2015
For more than 19 years, I taught two courses per semester in general communications. The large classes (more than 40 in each) were definitely a challenge, but the students reacted eagerly to the variety of communication techniques I introduced, from group work to speeches.

CCSU was a great learning experience in that it taught me that virtually every student was there because they were eager to enhance their communication skills. Great experience!

Management was very much involved and concerned about our progress and that of our students. They were always ready to help and provide advice.

Teaching such large classes was a challenge, since it was not possible to give individual attention. However, through the mechanism of student-to-student interaction in the various exercises, a cohesive bond was formed among them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Connecticut State University. Our community is ready to answer.

Central Connecticut State University Reviews by Location