Central Connecticut State University

Central Connecticut State University United States Employee Reviews

Fun and friendly environment
Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics Tutor (Former Employee), New Britain, CTMarch 10, 2015
All employees would work together with a unified goal of helping students understand tutored subjects better.
Often tutors would switch students mid-session, in order to try a different explanation method, which worked phenomenally.
The satisfaction of helping students understand the topics was incredible.
Good job in College
Senior Support Technician (Former Employee), New Britain, ConnecticutFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: management, salary, training, coworkers
I worked this job during college for my co-op and as a student.

I learned most of my technical skills from this job.

We were given customer service training on a 6 month to annual basis.

We also had departmental outings for people to meet each other and learn team building skills.

My coworkers were always enjoyable as I met other students regularly and was mentored by many experienced staff.

My management staff often gave us awards for customer service. Paid for our training, gave us time to learn and often gave us at least annual raises.

Our CIO at the time would very rarely refuse staff or faculty service for treating the staff poorly if he deemed it appropriate.
Great Experience
Event Assistant (Former Employee), New Britain, CTJanuary 28, 2015
I booked all of the necessary things needed at events (food, technology, etc) for student groups and department events.
Good for new workers
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), New Britain, CTJanuary 9, 2015
This job was good for me because it helped me get through my Master's program and it has introduce me a new side to the athletic world. I never though working in recreations was going to be just like working in athletics. It was a positive experience. I still wish there was a full-time position for me because this job fit me the best.
Relaxed but Rewarding Position
Clerk/Typist (Former Employee), New Britain, ConnecticutJanuary 8, 2015
Working at a public university was hectic, relaxing, and rewarding all at the same time.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), New Britain, CTNovember 19, 2014
Professors were extremely easy to work with and great to work with.
Work Study
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New Britain, CTNovember 12, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no benefits
Answering office telephone calls
Entering Admission’s Office data into the computer system
Filing necessary paperwork
Sorting mail and sending out acceptance and rejection letters to prospective students
Great Place to Work
Full Time Associate Professor (Current Employee), New Britain, CTAugust 22, 2014
Wonderful
People are eager to help
great coworkers
Team Environment
small and friendly
Instructor in Math Department (Former Employee), New Britain, CTJuly 9, 2014
loved to work as an instructor there.
students are fun and hard working
Herb Holden Trucking
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee), New Britain, CTJune 8, 2014
The company had been honest with me. They treated me like family. At the time, I needed a group of men to tell me that I was too intelligent to be working in a dead end job; and that I should go to college. I have alot of respect for the company and the management personnel.
My time at CCSU
Jewish Student Life Coordinator (Former Employee), New Britain, CTApril 11, 2014
Working at CCSU was fine however I left my roles there do to little room for growth in my positions. I felt as I had gotten all that I could out of my roles and stayed there longer than I should have.
Assistant Football Coach/ Defensive Quality Control Coordinator/ Video Coordinator/ Assistant to the Special Teams Coordinator / NCAA Certified Recrui
NCAA Assistant Football Coach/ Certified Recruiter (Former Employee), New Britain, CTMarch 26, 2014
Pros: competitive work environment
Cons: 110 hour work weeks
•Responsible for player development, facilitated daily staff meetings, prepared detailed analysis of opponent’s strategy to create defensive game plans, managed game day operations of the special teams units, prepared game/practice videos for review by coaching staff and team players.
good school
Summer Assistant/Resident Assistant (Former Employee), New Britain, CTFebruary 27, 2014
International Business Degree, good teachers, good culture
great for student/worker
Ombudsperson Assistant (Current Employee), New Britain, CTJanuary 30, 2014
I enjoy working here, is safe and professional. If you are a student its good to work here so you dont have to travel to and from work.
Internship
Undergraduate Assistant, Career Services (Former Employee), New Britain, CTJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: lunch and spring break
Cons: benefits, work hours, and work load
Reviewing transcripts for college students. Planning career fairs and assisting director with planning reports and data collection.
CCSU
Student Worker (Work Study) (Current Employee), New BrtainJanuary 15, 2014
They were very fair worked well around my class and football schedule very well. The people I worked with are very cheerful about the job which makes it easy to feed off of their energy
Thoroughly stimulating and educational environment
Intern (Former Employee), New Britain, ConnecticutAugust 6, 2013
A typical day consisted of market research, data collation and dissemination on numerous elements including international businesses and state and municipal government statistics

The hardest part of the job was organizing the massive amounts of collected data into easily understandable narratives to be presented to state legislature for various state initiatives requiring funding.
Good Place to teach
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), New Britain, CTJune 29, 2013
In my teaching I use amazing ideas every day. Therefore, my role as an educator is to help the students to discover and explore the treasures of the language. Over the past years, I have found that music, movies and games help make the learning process more enjoyable and constructive for both the students and teacher.
Repetition also plays an important role in teaching the Arabic language. Much like other activities like music or sports, students must practice Arabic in order to excel. This is achieved in the classroom through listening and oral exercises, as well as at outside the classroom through further listening and writing exercises. I stress the importance of homework, since it gives students the chance to practice their skills, as well as prepare questions before coming into class. Not only will this enable me to teach each class more effectively, but the students are better equipped to deal with more complex subject matter.
From the very beginning of the class, important conversational phrases are learned and practiced with classmates. By building on these phrases with new vocabulary and grammatical rules, students learn quicker and retain more information while working towards a higher proficiency level in the language.
I also like to teach new vocabulary through cultural examples, so the students are learning both about the language and about the people who use it. By bringing in authentic Arabic food or listening to popular Arabic music, I am able to reach the students on a deeper level while expounding their vocabulary and grasp on the Arabic language.
I am very dedicated, enjoy teaching, always work hard to find suitable materials and make the learning process an enjoyable experience. Teachers and students share the responsibility of creating a dynamic classroom environment.
Great Job
Receptionist (Former Employee), New Britain, CTJune 17, 2013
Working at a university as a student is awesome and anyone who can score an on campus job at CCSU is lucky, plain and simple.
Friendly Work place
Event Management Staff (Former Employee), Sports FieldsJune 13, 2013
Usually I deal with the customers greeting them and helping them find there way.

Central Connecticut State University Salaries