CENTRAL DEFENSE SECURITY Employee Reviews

OK workplace
Roving patrol (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 27, 2016
They can put ya to work. Need better management to get things done. In compliance with company standards. And overall rating. Benefits. Medical. We're never offered. License never offered. As security guard type 2 you need a license. To be in compliance with state and local laws
Pros
Work
Cons
Non management. Supervisors are inexperienced
Fun workplace
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 29, 2016
patroling different locations, deggy points on the stores
being able to watch others as they enter whatever building you was assign, it was nice to secure them
truck stop shack is isolated being alone while trucks check in and out of work
management very understandable
hardest part was staying up over night but enjoyable
i stood on the very top of the roof of the poplar tower outside it was a nice view of the city
Ceo has care for the employess, very cool
Pros
being free outside
Cons
staying up over night
Central Defense
Formal employee (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 7, 2016
Very poor supervisors. Very poor operations manager. Hire females supervisor that he like. He even talk to one of the. Supervisors has favorites an when something goes down, they always take the favorite side whether or not they started. Very poor workers. The females are always jealous of the other females that work, whether it's their nails, their hair, or if they look better then then. Over all Central Defense need to be realigned with a new management period.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Pay more, professional supervisors, no favortisom
Its and ok place to work
Security Account Manager/Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 11, 2016
Management is not available to officers. Most of my co-workers are enjoyable. Working outside in all types of weather without proper uniforms is the hardest part of my job
Pros
Mostly set schedules
It's a job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 21, 2016
Nothing special, it's a job
Account managers, come and go. Hard to work with
Can be fired for not following polices, but its ok for other employees to dissreguard polices.
Unproductive Management
Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 7, 2016
The most important aspect of my job was working directly with guards in providing help and assistance to them to make them more productive workers for community. A typical day at work was hard because the management is poor. I learned how to actively engage with cooperative team players in defending our community. I had rude, outrageously obnoxious, irritating, unsupportive , rude, irritating co- workers. The hardest part was to walk in the doors each day to be of service in a very hostile environment as a worker, which made my job hard to conduct due to harassment day to day during daily operations.Otherwise, there was staff not locally located that worked for the same company at another location I enjoyed communicating with otherwise.
Pros
some loving co workers at another branch office
Cons
enviornment not healthy for no one.
Great advancements
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 30, 2016
Central defense is a good place to work with steady pay. Often there is conflict but it is quickly resolved. There is no shortage of assignments that cab test the skills of the most dedicated officers.
Pros
overtime is available
Cons
work assignments can be hard.
Productive and well organized
Unarmed Guard/Inactive (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN and Nashville, TNAugust 21, 2015
A typical day for myself included longer hours, I accepted other shifts quite often, not just for the extra money, but also for a chance for advancing my career. By acquiring the extra hours I was able to learn more about how management and the supervisors were handling the various shifts at several client locations. Not all people I work with I felt were able to handle simple tasks, but overall those who did work, worked and worked efficiently. The hardest part of the job was organizing and training officers who had been accustomed to previous job duties. I enjoyed every aspect of the job, but most often was the ability to take my leadership role and spread my knowledge.
Pros
Professionl, courteous, organized
Cons
Healthcare
Unorganized
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 30, 2016
No order with this company very unorganised , but they need more post and better managers. I like the fact that there is always work just need to be better organised.
Pretty good for a security company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 9, 2016
This was the second security company I worked for, and honestly they could do much worse. The training wasn't the greatest (so be ready to learn on the job), but they treat their workers well and will work with you as much as they can. Been here for 2 years now (security is pretty good work while in college) and honestly I actually like holding on to this job as a great backup in case internships and other opportunities fall through.
Pros
Will work with you on scheduling, treats officers well
Cons
Training could be better

Want to know more about CENTRAL DEFENSE SECURITY?

Ask a question
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Security, COJune 18, 2016
This is one of the worst places that I have worked. They charge you for your uniforms. They put you at different locations and they do not give you instructions on what your job is. You basically train and do what you think is right there.
laid back easy job
security guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 29, 2016
the office staff at central defense are very unprofessional. however, the job within itself is very easy and laid back. your only job duties at central defense are to 1. observe 2. report
Good Work Ethic
area manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 1, 2016
Working at Central Defense Security, I had the Opportunity of moving up in the Company, and leading and guiding other Officers on my team.
Pros
I Have good Knowledge of the Pros
Cons
The ones i have Encountered was very Friendly and Courteous
Management only cares about money.
Site Supevisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TnJanuary 30, 2014
Management only cares about thier bonuses and money. They do not care about thier employees or customers. The office hires managers that do not have any knowledge in security. Do not work for this company or give them any business....
Pros
Good coworkers and some clients
Cons
management knows nothing about security and benifits
Unreliable management
Rover (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 28, 2015
Superiors are unprofessional and are not very helpful with guards and sometimes unreliable as far as reliefs go disrespectful at times emotinaly unstable
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no 15 minute breaks
Good atmosphere for learning the security business.
Security Officer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 29, 2014
Meeting new people and helping to ensure that everything goes well at the site.
Pros
Excellent upper management support
Cons
No medical benefits
o Office Assistant/Processor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 16, 2015
The job is great. Management is awesome and very relative. The office environment is very relaxed and inviting. It is a great place to work!
good hours nothing else
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 15, 2012
easy job. most post you just sit and watch. you do not ever get a raise. supervisors talk down to you if you call in
Pros
easy
Cons
no raises
It is an ok place to work
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 2, 2014
A typical day was a good one, management was ok but they were bouncing me from one supervisor to another but I enjoyed it because I could meet different people and talk to them. Co-workers were ok and there was no hard part and the most enjoyable part was that most of the time I spent my time on the job without anyone bothering me.
Productive and a easy going
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 29, 2014
on a day to day basis working for Central Defense Security, and I monitoring the Warehouse work floor. I am floor desk guard, who answers and transfers calls, and provides information to customers. Overall its still a nice company to work for if your looking for a start.
Pros
work hours
Cons
short break, doesnt offer job advancement, poor health care bemefits

2.5