Central DuPage Hospital Employee Reviews

Quite and peaceful work place
medicaid billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILAugust 14, 2017
Pretty had my own little area to myself was able to go through 400 plus tickets a week with little to no problem very goooood place to work. Learned a lot about medicare billing
Pros
nice people
Cons
nothing was bad
Great Experience and Great Management
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 30, 2017
Based on over 10 years ago...I enjoyed the job and the people I worked with in the hospital. My management was fair and allowed for change in environment: acute and assisted living. Provided a great service for the hospital environment with training before ortho replacements.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Fast paced due to the acuity of the environment
please see below
Part-time registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Winfield, IL 60190July 22, 2017
I liked working at CDH . the only reason I left this place was the struggle they had with keeping their census up. at some point they were combining 2 units together due to the the luck of patients and calling employees off everyday.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
low census
Excellent
RN (Current Employee) –  NursingJuly 17, 2017
CDH is a wonderful place to work. Every unit differs management wise. I do have conflicted feelings regarding the merge with Northwestern however with any merge that happens among a company, their are pros and cons. Overall, CDH is a wonderful place to work.
Great Facility
Patient Care Technician, Medical/Surgical (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILMay 9, 2017
Beautiful, updated hospital. Good management and overall the hospital runs very smooth. However, most days I felt very overwhelmed at work with our unit being understaffed.
Professional and Caring Work Place
Substance Abuse Technician (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILMay 9, 2017
The Managers made a point to review the monthly safety tools in a helpful manner. The workplace offers a community atmosphere. The co-workers and patients make it worth it everyday.
Saftey Companions
Safety Companion (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILMay 7, 2017
You may never know what your walking into being a safety companion. You may have a S.I. patient or some times you may have a risk to fall and its your job to protect them and make sure they are safe.You learn so much from the doctors and nurses to help you take care of the patient better. The hardest part is sitting with a patient and he or she may never be the same any more after a bad fall. The best is when you see your patient getting better and they are able to get up and go home.
Amazing place to have a career
ED Registrar II (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILMay 5, 2017
This is by far the best place to be an employee. The benefits are amazing, the employees actually care for one another and their patients. If you are looking for a place to have a long career where you are valued, apply here!
Productive and employees are great to work with
Hospitality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILApril 10, 2017
Loved working for the hospital as well as working with the employees that I interacted with on daily basis.
The atmosphere was friendly and hospitable. They treated patients with overall kindness and made their stay as pleasant as possible.
Pros
great grdoctors, co-workers, benefits, salary
Cons
lack of coverage when needed for vacation or other time off
Emergency department seeing trauma patients
Emergency Department Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILJanuary 11, 2017
Great team work and would not like to go further with my review. They were not very fair to their employees with issues such as addictions. Dept manager took my addiction personally. Hospital not up to date on how to deal with employees with addictions
Pros
great team approach
Cons
poor employee benefits for addictions.
excellent organization
Patient Care Tech II (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILDecember 12, 2016
Learned an infinite amount while going to nursing school. Nurses are knowledgable and extremely willing to teach. Great atmosphere and physicians are excellent
Pros
large organization with many resources
Cons
large organization, easy to get lost
discrimination on the job
Cna / pct (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILOctober 27, 2016
In general I enjoyed working there. I was trained and worked hard at my job, I loved the unit I worked on. Someone informed the nurse manager That I have Bipolar disoreder. which is true, but I took medication and had been stable for a long time.The nurse manager immediately put me on unpaid medical leave. I was told that I could not come back to work in that position until I had a letter from a psychiatrist stating that I was able to work in a high stress environment without incident EVER. Unfortunately for me the dr said he couldnt write that letter even for someone with out my disorder because anyone can have a probem in a high stress enviroment. Iwent back to the hospital and talked to personell department and was told the only thing they were willing to do was transfer me to a department that did not have direct care with paitents. They put me in central sterilizing. It was informative and I learned alot, but its not what I went to school for and it wasnt my chosen career. In the end I quit that job. I felt this was descrimination based on a medical disability that did not hinder my ability to do my job. I had never had a write up or been reprimanded for anything at all. I think its pretty bad of a hospital to treat employees with disabilities differently than other employees based on a medical problem that is under control and not having a negative impact on my ability to do my job effectively
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Winfield, ILJune 22, 2016
The coworkers are the best! But the management could be a lot better!! When we request a reasonable time off, most of us get denied.
must be adabptable
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2016
Work for CDH was very rewarding , but it was also very demanding . You are sent to different offices around the city and expected to fit in with each office . You must adapt your work ethic and change uppon request . Although demanding , I enjoyed the challenge this hospital gave me .
In-House Registry Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILApril 16, 2016
A day consisted of adequate nurse-patient ration in comparison to other hospitals.
Assistance always available upon request;
I learned different aspects and expected applications of nursing being on the 'Float Team';
Hardest part of the job was the shift I worked (nights) because doctors would not always return calls in a timely fashion;
There was a great sense of unity and fellowship among a diversified team of nurses.
fun workplace
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILFebruary 21, 2016
it was a lot of fun getting to meet new people and learn new things! it was a great learning experience! i met a lot of amazing people and my coworkers were such an inspiration
Wonderful environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILFebruary 16, 2016
Great place to work at any age. I was a tech and learned so much from the staff. I would recommend this environment for anyone to learn and grow.
Great place
staff RN (Current Employee) –  Winfield, ILJanuary 18, 2016
I have learned that it takes a team to care for patients. In doing so, the patient benefits and has excellent outcomes. Management provides staff with the tools required to get the job done.
Pros
Benefits and continuing education.
Cons
Night shift and working holidays
Working for Central DuPage Hospital has been my most rewarding job experience in my current 30 years of nursing.
staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJanuary 7, 2016
very rewarding and most knowledgeable experience I have had in my career as a nurse. I started working there in 1987 and left in 2003 and watched a hospital grow and become a wonderful place for patients to be cared for. I enjoyed working in every area that I worked in and felt like it was a fluent and efficient place to work.
Had many chances to learn and grow
Interim Manager, Charge and Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILNovember 30, 2015
Started as a staff nurse and over the years was able to advance all the way to Interim Manager. Staff and Physicians worked well together. Educational opportunities were always present.