Central DuPage Hospital Employee Reviews

must be adabptable
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2016
Work for CDH was very rewarding , but it was also very demanding . You are sent to different offices around the city and expected to fit in with each office . You must adapt your work ethic and change uppon request . Although demanding , I enjoyed the challenge this hospital gave me .
In-House Registry Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILApril 16, 2016
A day consisted of adequate nurse-patient ration in comparison to other hospitals.
Assistance always available upon request;
I learned different aspects and expected applications of nursing being on the 'Float Team';
Hardest part of the job was the shift I worked (nights) because doctors would not always return calls in a timely fashion;
There was a great sense of unity and fellowship among a diversified team of nurses.
fun workplace
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILFebruary 21, 2016
it was a lot of fun getting to meet new people and learn new things! it was a great learning experience! i met a lot of amazing people and my coworkers were such an inspiration
Wonderful environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILFebruary 16, 2016
Great place to work at any age. I was a tech and learned so much from the staff. I would recommend this environment for anyone to learn and grow.
Great place
staff RN (Current Employee) –  Winfield, ILJanuary 18, 2016
I have learned that it takes a team to care for patients. In doing so, the patient benefits and has excellent outcomes. Management provides staff with the tools required to get the job done.
Pros
Benefits and continuing education.
Cons
Night shift and working holidays
Working for Central DuPage Hospital has been my most rewarding job experience in my current 30 years of nursing.
staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJanuary 7, 2016
very rewarding and most knowledgeable experience I have had in my career as a nurse. I started working there in 1987 and left in 2003 and watched a hospital grow and become a wonderful place for patients to be cared for. I enjoyed working in every area that I worked in and felt like it was a fluent and efficient place to work.
Had many chances to learn and grow
Interim Manager, Charge and Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILNovember 30, 2015
Started as a staff nurse and over the years was able to advance all the way to Interim Manager. Staff and Physicians worked well together. Educational opportunities were always present.
Great Hospital, Poor Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILNovember 20, 2015
CDH is a great hospital with an excellent healthcare team for the patients and visitors. A lot of exposure to first class research, medical facilities, top-rated physicians and support staff. Was able to work alongside healthcare professionals assisting with research projects. When I worked in the Medical Staff Office, I was able to learn about the business side of healthcare. Extremely valuable information to know to make any future healthcare professional well rounded. Co-workers were always agreeable and helpful. Management at times was either too distant or too micromanaged.
Pros
free lunches, opportunity to shadow physicians
Cons
poor management
Productive work environment
Cook/Cold Prep Production (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILSeptember 8, 2015
The work environment was fast pace and that was a good thing because time flew by. Also a lot of i had to learn about cooking. Also getting to know your area and people.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Breaks were not set right
Co-workers
Staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Winfield, ILSeptember 4, 2015
The majority of the co-workers at CDH are excellent to work with. It can be very stressful with long days, no breaks, and demanding clients. The co-workers will help cover when possible to allow you to get off the floor for ten minutes to eat or just refresh yourself. They are always available for reassurance or a simple hug if you need one. Sure, there are a few that are there for their own gains, but the majority have huge hearts that always try to do their best for their patients and co-workers.
Pros
always extra hours available to work
Cons
rare breaks, always more forms and paperwork to fill out, always merging with different hospitals
Fun and great opportunity to expand interpersonal and technical skills
Administrative Assistant, Oncology Services (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILJuly 27, 2015
Central DuPage Hospital was a great place to be an employee. Many medical professional interactions on a daily basis. Patient interactions were challenging but rewarding. Opportunity to participate in community education was rewarding.
Pros
Rewarding experience helping individuals obtain health screenings
Cons
A bit of lack of support from top management for the programs offered in the department.
Busy orthopaedic unit
CNA/HUC (Former Employee) –  OrthopaedicsJuly 6, 2015
Management willing to be flexible with schedules to accommodate staff needs. Orthopaedic unit very busy and usually short-staffed. Lots of heavy lifting. Best part of the job was working with the wonderful nursing staff, PCTs, and charge nurses. Magnet recognized facility.
Cons
Short-staffed, nurses have to take too many patients, lots of admits and discharges
Good Experience.
Temporary Contract Worker (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILJune 29, 2015
Everyone I worked with was great except for the owner. He just cared about money. They are flexible with hours but don't expect any time off. A lot of work is there to do and feels like they are understaffed.
Cons
Owner
Great place to start
Cashier/ Barista (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILJune 7, 2015
When I first started at Central Dupage Hospital, I had little to no experience in customer service or communicating with others. After a couple of months, I became more comfortable with talking to customers and communicating with coworkers. Here, I learned to develop my customer service and communication skills. The toughest part of this job was trying to adjust to the diverse group of customers, each with a different situation. The most enjoyable part of the job was the teamwork my coworkers showed. They were always there to help and support each other.
Professional
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILJune 3, 2015
In the call center it's always busy and it makes the day go by faster, it was a very fast paced work environment. I learned quite a bit from all the specialty offices that we scheduled for and took messages for. It was a very good learning experience. Management was great, the benefits were good as well.
Pros
Learning new things and keeping busy.
Cons
at times it can get overwhelming
Amazing workers and incredible work environment a
Patient Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Winfield, ILJune 1, 2015
Work days can be anywhere between crazy busy to ridiculously slow, which yields plenty of variety. I cannot stress how great my coworkers are, they make it so easy to come into work everyday with a smile on my face.
ER Technician
Emergency Room Technician/Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILApril 16, 2015
Typical day at work prepared department and rooms for patient care. Assured that all exam rooms were adequately stocked for the shift and after shift. Care for patients who came in via ambulance or walked in. Worked 12 hour shifts and always in anticipation of what could come in the door next. Great learning experiences and team work was amazing!
Great place to work, positive environment.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Winfield, ILMarch 24, 2015
I love working here, I love the benefits I receive and enjoy the work I do on a daily basis. The employee recognition is wonderful and I am able to gain a great background and addition to my work experience. A typical day at work consists of me retrieving meal orders from the patients, delivering their meals and whatever that may entail (see resume), pick up dirty trays, enter in the percent of food and cc's consumed into the patients chart, and lastly complete what ever my nightly task may be in the kitchen prior to punching out. My coworkers all work hard and teamwork is represented very well in my department.
Fine if you aren't a contractor
Second Level IT Support (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILFebruary 26, 2015
If you are working there contract, don't expect to get hired there. They will string you along and then let you go.

Supervisor is actually a cool guy, but his boss the manager is an odd mess.

They praised me and even rewarded me for excellent work, up until I let them know I was interested in being a full time employee - then they drummed up reasons to get rid of me and let me go in a week.

Only 2 contractors I know who got hired were the fiance and best friend of the contracting company.
Learned something new each day
Lead Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILFebruary 14, 2015
Labor & Delivery secretary is a position were I was able to learn about the body and how it reacts to carrying a fetus. Each day was full of excitement. I loved working on this floor. The Physicians and staff worked together with great skill.

4.3