Central Florida Regional Hospital

Central Florida Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

unprofessional management and inequality
pharmacy tech (Former Employee), sanford, flMarch 12, 2015
Pros: great company itself
Cons: unprofessionalism, too many cliques and not enough communication
I worked for this company for only several months and the company itself is great, however, my issue was with the department I worked for. I was a pharmacy tech and need I say, I was not treated fairly at all. When I gave me resignation, I was not responded to at all, however, some of the staff found it okay to speak badly of me. Management for this department is EXTREMELY unprofessional and does not value the employees whatsoever. Whenever I had an issue and addressed to my manager, I was told to handle it myself. It's sad to say that I was happy to be leaving and going to work for a company who actually cares about the employees.
Excellent place to work
Patient Care Technician/ED Tech (Former Employee), Sanford, FLSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: great food, great staff and management
Cons: sometimes the work can be overwhelming
I love the people that I worked with, the people in management and human resources. Sometimes the workload was tough, but overall my experience at central florida regional hospital was great.
Recently hired so still evaluating
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Emergency DepartmentAugust 14, 2014
Pros: many physical resources which support pt comfort and privacy (all private rooms, liberal visitation, personalized dietary services)
Cons: as is common in my experience, equipment is of varying reliability and availability.
Please consider that I have only completed 2 shifts (post orientation) as I am a recent hire but I am very impressed with the resources of the facility. I work per diem at present so only have approx 4-6 shifts per month of various start times. I am just getting to know my co-workers of various ages, experiences and levels of professional interest. I am always learning new things every day in terms of personal interactions and professional development - listening is probably the most essential skill for all learning, and one I am continually working on. I work varied shifts so thus far there is no "typical day" at work but it is always a matter of managing competing priorities with sensitivity to the concerns of team mates and customers. The hardest part of the job is frequently feeling that I could have done more for my patients and team mates if circumstances allowed for more time and the most enjoyable part of my job is being told by my patients and their families that my care made a big difference in their moment of difficulty. I love being a nurse!
great place to work, great staff to work with.
Medical Technologist- Generalist (Former Employee), Sanford, FLAugust 5, 2014
staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. management team was very helpful as well. always something new to learn, and the interaction with the open heart surgery team was a great learning experience.
Great environment, not much time to enjoy a social life.
Operating Room Orderly & Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Sanford, FLJuly 7, 2014
A great place to learn and grow professionally. My experience in cardiac electrophysiology did not allow for much free time, but the pay was good. Management was focused on coddling physicians as to not ruffle any feathers, ensuring cash flow. That's understandable to a point, but it bred bitterness among the ranks of the worker bees in the hive.
transporting people back & forth to where they had to go in a wheelchair.
House Transporter (Former Employee), Sanford, FLApril 19, 2014
The hardest part of the job was to get as many people as I can to
where they had to go in a certain amount of time.
Emergency Room Nurse
Registered Nurse Emergency Department (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 15, 2014
Pros: salary & benefits
Cons: no clinical ladder for further growth & development
I work night shift 7p-7a mostly weekends. I thoroughly enjoy my co-workers, we are quite the little bust ER seeing about 45,000 pt's a year in 22 beds. Night shift is a family, we work as team in survival mode. The hardest part of this job is room for clinical growth.
A very fast growing emergency department
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Emergency DepartmentMarch 14, 2014
Pros: teamwork environment
Cons: the e.r. provides immediate care, but the medical employee would be unaware of the outcome.
I worked with a very cohesive team i.e., nurses, physicians, x-ray / c.t. techs, and patient care technicians.

The position offered extensive knowledge in diagnosing medical problems as well as several treatments provided to the patient.
difficult a lot of times
rn staff (Former Employee), Sanford, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Busy sometimes not enough help from management also manage to liberal trying to please visitors not making it easy to care for critical patients
knowing you helped patients and family
ER tech almost enough said
Paramedic/Tech in the ER (Former Employee), Sanford, FLJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: experiance
Cons: its not always durty but can be very nasty
Being a ER tech is one of the most selfless jobs you can have. In the roll of ER tech you are the behind the scene's guy that is at the bottom of the barrel but the ER would not know what to do without you. You are the spare hands, knees, shoulder, and mop that every nurse, Dr., and environmental/Clean up guy abuses and puts away wet but in the job of health care you are not getting in to it for fame or money it is what you have to really want to do. I was able to expand my scope of practice with some awesome nurses, Dr.s, and PA's helping me learn how to tend to all types of situations that in the normal world is extreme but in the ER is just another day.
Great lab
Medical Technologist MT (AAB) (Current Employee), Sanford, FLJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: hca is an amazing company. great schedule
Cons: always understaffed.
Love my job. Great people. LOVE HCA! Good management. Always overtime available. I drive past numerous hospitals to get to this one.
Productive Place to Work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Sanford, FLDecember 24, 2013
Pros: close to home
First experience as a patient care tech. Staff assisted to get me more acquainted in the healthcare profession.
Medical Records
Inpatient Coordinator (Former Employee), Sanford, FLAugust 28, 2013
My job was wonderful I love working for the company til there was a change in management. It was my first real career after finishing school in Health Information Technology. When I started I was working as a ER Coordinator then was placed in the Inpatient Coordinator. It was a wonderful learning express. I thank them for giving the opportunity to work for there company..
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Sanford, FLAugust 4, 2013
Pros: great place to work
I loved working at this facility. I enjoyed all the people I worked with. I was trained in registration in all areas. Cashiering and patient accounts. It was a very enjoyable job
fun,experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Sanford, FLNovember 28, 2012
Pros: lunches, fun meetings
Cons: short breaks
At times in the E.R.Dept.can be overwhelming,challenging and team work.i learn to apprieciate the quality care given to the patients.my co-workers are my inspiration to make me feel like im the leader of my team.the most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know each of my patients that i come in contact.
an ok organization
Registrar (Former Employee), Sanford, FLOctober 28, 2012
Pros: free turkeys for thanksgiving, double time pay for holidays
Cons: slience
this was a take it or leave co.This co made some of its decisions based on hear say.

About Central Florida Regional Hospital

In the process of Level II Trauma designation, the first in the area! Work and play at Lake Malone! Serene location, compassionate – Read more

Central Florida Regional Hospital Photos