Central Florida Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Good Overall
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 30, 2017
would cut your hours really bad when they dont have enough hours for employees or the patients census goes down but overall is a good place to work great benefits.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
hours getting cut
Met some nice people
Nurse Manager Inpatient Rehab (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 28, 2017
Quality of work life was hard to manage to get my work done. Lack of leadership but at least they are trying to hired qualified candidates. It is a revolving door. Patient safety and quality was a concern.
Pros
Free coffee 24 hours
Cons
lack of resources to get the job done
Central Regional has great potential
Chairman of Pathology and Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FloridaJune 4, 2017
Typical day at work: My associate arrived at work at 7:30 AM and worked unt 3:30 PM I arrived at 9:30 AM and left at 7:30 PM

Typical day at work,read histology slides, read cytologies (I had a topnotch cytotech); interpret microbiology, hematology, blood bank , and chemistry findings

Not much at the hospital. However, I attended 4 one week long educational courses each year..

Management (Administration) Extremely hostile

Workplace culture:Pleasand

Hardest part of the job: Politics

Most enjoyable part of the job (helping people -patients, dotors,nurses, techs,maintenance people).
Cons
NOTE: I really liked my first administer I loathed his successor.
Quality oriented lab
Clinical Laboratory Generalist Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLMay 8, 2017
The hospital is very organized and clean. They are patient and QA oriented. The employee benefits are very good. The hospital operates and enhances a positive culture.
Pros
positive culture and quality oriented
Cons
difficult to get promoted
Understaffed, high nurse/tech:patient ratio
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLMay 2, 2017
When I worked there the nurse: patient ratio was high sometimes 6 patient's per nurse which is high on a cardiac floor. As a tech I would have 18 patient at times where I was responsible for vitals every 4 hours plus ADLS's. The staff was great and worked as a team to take care of our patients. The manager was easy to talk to and would help when available.
Pros
I learned how to work efficiently
Cons
High nurse to patient ratio, unsafe for new nurses
What a place
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLNovember 10, 2016
This can be a scary place to work... reading some of the reviews I wonder if this people work in the same place I do , most of the staff is willing to work but the administration lives in a bubble... their bubble. reality should come up and slap them on the face. to many complains from patients and family, to many chiefs.... way to many and little Indians. overall care is substandard not because of the staff mostly because of a careless administration
Pros
location... is beautiful place across the lake
Cons
nursing adm, executive team
I enjoy the work I do and the team I work with.
Staff CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Oviedo, FLSeptember 8, 2016
I work the night shift so it consists of mostly ER patients and is self managed. I enjoy the shift and the people because we function as a team. The hardest part of the job is working nights, sometimes its difficult to get enough sleep during the day. I enjoy helping people
Not the greatest place to work.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLAugust 11, 2016
Management assumed that just because one was an RN, he/she could be floated to any unit in the hospital despite the nurse's level of experience and expertise.
Productive good people.
Scrub Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 4, 2016
Very hard working people and we all had so many things to do at once which make this job stressful but so much fun and worth it helping people!
Nice place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 29, 2016
Enjoyed working with all my co-workers. Management treated employees well. Learned how to use new systems and new guidelines and procedures.
CFRH is an excellent place to work
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLMay 11, 2016
The CEO and Admin team are excellent to work with. I appreciate the dedication of the nursing and doctors who provide state of the art care of patients and staff. I am honored to be part of the team as an on call Chaplain.
CFRH, has been quite an experience.
Lead Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLMay 10, 2016
You really have to continue your great work ethics to make it worth the experience of working here. The patients are the major concerns and safety for you and them. If more people were employed with that same attitude and aptitude, Central Florida Regional would be an outstanding place to work.
Low Pay for PRN, No Shift Diff unless overnights/weekends
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Was great place to work until I found out they don't have shift differential unless you work the weekends (extra $1.25 + base! - really!!!) and overnights. PRN pay is horrible here, make more elsewhere.
Pros
People in dept.
Cons
Pay, shift differentials
busy place to work
EVS Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLJanuary 23, 2016
cleaning patients rooms, ive learned to be more compassionate, and a caring employee.management is helpful,when needing to resolve department issues, friendly coworkers, the most enjoyable part of my job, is the patients that i meet every day, and trying to make them feel better while they are at the hospital,also the wonderful doctors and nurses.
Pros
Paid time off, free meal tickets
Cons
Difficult job due to lack of team work. not enough support to help with critical pt,s
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLOctober 23, 2015
Management does not appreciate any suggestions from workers. Charge nurses have favorite nurses who do not get as difficult work load as other nurses. Not enough techs to help out with pt,s for a good team, but the techs that are there are hard workers. Lack of support with other 3 pt,s when with critical pt. Everyone is friendly but clicks develop and make it difficult for some nurses to fit in.
Pros
Most nurses friendly. Hospital is union hospital.
Cons
No breaks, rarely get a lunch. Not much support for back up
Working at CFRH is an amazing experince
Radiology Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLSeptember 3, 2015
This hospital has opened so many opportunities for me, that I am forever grateful for. I have had the experience of learning hands on by many wonderful people. This job has taught me that healthcare is something I definitely want to make a career out of.
Pros
Hands on approach, Free Wednesday night pizza, Ice cream cart, Caring for people
Cons
Long shifts
I enjoyed very much working with my patients and their family's
Registered Nurse / ICU and NSICU (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLAugust 9, 2015
I love working as a Registered Nurse and helping my patients any way I can; decreasing their discomfort, and teaching the patient's and their family's and being available to answer any questions.
Pros
working with all my patients and their family's. Making their day better in any way I can.
Cons
Low levels of team work
Productive and engaging environment
Radiologic Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 24, 2015
As an Intern, I would immediate seek out available exams that I could complete. The licensed techs would supervise my activities and made themselves accessable should I need assistance. The imaging department was actively updating their equipment so the quality and ease of image acquisition was quickly improving. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the patients and staff.
Pros
CR and DR equipment available
Cons
older building needs updates
I enjoyed work at Central Florida Regional Hospital
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLMarch 17, 2015
my typical day at work was to do any admissions upon being called to each Deptarment through the night.

I learned how to be a medical secretary at this job.

The hardest part of my job, I believe trying to keep up with admissions and going from department to department

The most enjoyable part of my job was learning that everyone's job is part of patient care and that some how I was helping in patient care.
Pros
working in different departments
Cons
not assigned to a supervisor made reviews a little confusing
unprofessional management and inequality
pharmacy tech (Former Employee) –  sanford, flMarch 12, 2015
I worked for this company for only several months and the company itself is great, however, my issue was with the department I worked for. I was a pharmacy tech and need I say, I was not treated fairly at all. When I gave me resignation, I was not responded to at all, however, some of the staff found it okay to speak badly of me. Management for this department is EXTREMELY unprofessional and does not value the employees whatsoever. Whenever I had an issue and addressed to my manager, I was told to handle it myself. It's sad to say that I was happy to be leaving and going to work for a company who actually cares about the employees.
Pros
great company itself
Cons
unprofessionalism, too many cliques and not enough communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Florida Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval