Central Freight Lines Employee Reviews

How the days went
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 22, 2015
Well a typical day would start with any hazards or things to be aware off in a meeting and what are goal was for the day which I always considered very informative and gave me a sense of something to work towards. I learned a lot about how the things we use go through a lot of places to get to the consumer and In a lot of these type of places the warehouse plays a pivotal part in ensuring that everything gets to where it needs to be when it needs to be. All management will never be perfect but its necessary and to me they have there position for a reason so I just feel its always a team effort and we are only as strong as are weakest link so regardless if I like management or not there is a job to be done safely and timely period. I have always gotten along with co workers because of the strong sense of being a team player and getting things accomplished. The hardest part of any job that I have had has been to not become complacent or comfortable with routine because I do learn fast I want constant challenges whether that be towards more production or different areas of the field. I think the most enjoyable thing for me has always been the hands on aspects of things and learning.
Benefits
Cons
Only Temporary
keep looking
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 18, 2014
A typical day at work is fast pasted. I didn't learn much, you have to teach your self. Supervisor very knowledgeable but also rude and run people off. Manager doesn't know much. Co-workers cool but most are old and messy. The hardest past of my job was actually going to work. I hated the atmosphere. I don't think I enjoyed anything. I worker there for 3yrs as a customer service rep that was part time. I think Central Freight needs new management. The team leaders are lazy. All of them accept one. They want help or don't know, very true. Supervisor tries to do everyone's job but her owns.They start you off at $11.00, which isn't bad. but it will never go up is the catch and you will only work a few hours.Bottom line they don't care about there employees, and people who work for them don't care and they never fight to keep good workers.If you interview and don't get, GREAT
fun friendly environment
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 17, 2015
Go in at 7 am immediately get on forklift and start my day which is also one way to keep me busy and not stand around waiting for someone to tell me what to do. at this job I learned how to drive a tractor trailer and was never able to drive standard trucks, however they helped me learn as I went on I got more and more hang of what I was doing and quicker than I was before. I received my spotter certificate for backing up trailers to the dock that needed to be unloaded. co-workers were fun to talk and hang with made friends with everyone. hardest part of job was getting up every Monday at 3 am to go to work due trailers getting in early. Most enjoyable part of job was having somewhere I could say I was happy working at and waking up in the mornings to go to work. I need to stay busy and love to stay productive at any workplace no matter what.
overall I liked working for Central Freight lines
Pick up and delivery driver,Dock worker,dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXSeptember 13, 2012
I worked about 12 hours a day delivering and picking up all kinds of freight.I learned about the freight business and worked in office some too.I had the best boss I've ever had at Central Freight Lines,I suppose that's why I spent 11 years of my life there.They laid off all management and started managing our terminal out of Fort Worth,Texas so the company really went downhill after that.My co-workers at Central Freight Lines were like an extended family,we all got along great.The hardest part of the job was the long hours.The best thing about this job was the pay and the people I worked with.
Pros
above average pay for this area.
Cons
no real management or sales team, and the benefits were'nt very good.
Fast pace work place and I love to move frieght.
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAAugust 2, 2012
A typical day for me is about 13 to 15 hrs.
I learned alot, how to manage people with respect.
Management was a little rough but we came together and we worked everything out.
The hardest part of my job was to put everthing together and make my daily goals and inprove the goals that were given to me.
The most enjoyable part of my job was to watch me and my co-workers grow within the company.
Pros
the good attitudes the my co-workers would bring to work everyday.
Cons
health insurance, long hours and split days.
Great place fun and energetic
Outbound Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasJuly 23, 2014
A typical day was unloading freight from inbound truck and placing freight in proper location for distribution. Ensure all freight was loaded in correct trailers and load was secured. Ensured co-workers were using proper safety procedures unloading trailers hardest part was not knowing when you would be getting off. I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers
Pros
the benefits
Cons
not knowing when you were getting off
NEVER KNEW ONE DAY TO THE NEXT IF I WAS GOING TO GET TO WORK HAD TO BE CALLED OUT DAILY AT DIFFERENT TIMES
DOCKWORKER/ FORKLIFTDRIVER/DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJuly 26, 2012
SOME DAYS I WOULD NOT WORK SOME DAYS I WOULD NOT GET 8 HOURS SOME WEEKS I WOULD ONLY WORK 2 DAYS THEY DID KEEP UP THEIR EQUIPMENT TRAILERS LEAKED HEATERS NOT WORKING IN TRACTORS GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK WITH NO PRESSURELIKED MOSTLY BEING MY ON BOSS
Pros
no bosses in monroe
Cons
went to work too late in the day to get anything accomplished
A Job.
P&D/Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  TXSeptember 22, 2015
I like this company a lot, however, I doubt how much they value the employee in the higher ranks. A once great company, now has been left behind on the wage scale. They have nothing to attract long-term employees.

Poor 401(k), poor and expensive health benefits (over 500/month for health for family), and the wages are very low.

I enjoy working here, but understand that it is like stepping into 1980.
Pros
Laid back.
Cons
Pay, benefits.
Very Interesting!
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2015
I found Human Resources very rewarding, able to apply organizational skills, public relations and communication skills with applicants and employees. Management was always available for guidance, co-workers always willing to help if necessary. The hardest part of the job was learning the guidelines and the most enjoyable part of the job was always learning and meeting people.
I got to travel all around the United States.
Line Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 21, 2014
A typical day at work started with waiting for dispatch. I learned new safety skills. The job had excellant management. The time spent around coworkers was very enjoyable. I cannot think of a particular hard part of this job as I enjoyed it so much. The conditions of this job were so overall pleasant whether I worked alone or with someone.
Pros
see different states
Productive and fun work place.
City Driver (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 11, 2015
My day at work consist of me loading up my truck with freight in morning then get started on my route. Also throughout the day I get pickups while also doing deliveries. Working for Central I learned that good customer service means everything in the freight business. My co workers and supervisor are great people always willing to help when needed.
Dockworker/Forklift Driver
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAOctober 23, 2013
I would unload and load trailers making the products were all there and accounted for. Also making deadlines to make sure are customers recieve there package on time. Making sure none of the freight was damaged if so recouping the freight and making sure to take pictures and writing down the freight incase of any problems.
job security
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJanuary 5, 2014
Nice placed to work , but poor management ,If you want to be awake all night this is your placed , it is hard work especially with most of the equipment is in bad condition some times you are a mechanic-driver but if you want a simple job this is IT>
Pros
you have a job
Cons
night driving, teletruck, low wage.1099
Ever changing workplace
Driver/Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2014
Unless assigned a set route, freight hauled and destinations are ever changing. This affords the driver the opportunity to learn multiple ways around the city or various other towns and cities delivered to. Work is primarily done alone.
Pros
good pay, decent hours
Cons
short to no breaks
The company can use some direction
P&D Lead driver/ Driver Instructor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 10, 2014
There is opportunity for this location to be successful. I would choose to work ewlsewhere until this location has learned the value of the employees, customers, and the need to take care of the equipment.
Pros
new truck
Cons
lack of direction
Laid back atmosphere with friendly coworkers
Outbound clerk (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJanuary 18, 2014
A typical day at work would be me arriving all drivers once they were back to the terminal and processing all their paperwork. After trailers are loaded I then create manifest for the nightly drivers.
Pros
very flexable
Cons
part-time
doc wroker
doc worker (Former Employee) –  edsion njJune 23, 2015
unloading loading trucks,
i learn how to use a forklift
working with good team member
the hardest part is sometime working 12 hour a day
the most enjoyable about the job is see my pay check an the time i put in at work
Pros
getting work down on time
Cons
trucks coming in late
Good Company to work for.
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CASeptember 23, 2013
Happy environment,everyone got along fine.always busy.I like being busy and with central freight i did everything in the freight business except for managing .
Pros
happy work environment.
Cons
most of the time worked through lunch and breaks.
Good Place to learn the basics
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 8, 2015
Good place to learn the basics. There is room for promotion but you have to be willing to work your butt off to get there. Its a who you know not what you know company
Pros
Good learning work place
Cons
lack of training, pay, home work life
fast pace enviroment
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 22, 2015
loved unloading and loading trailers. working in a timely matter and making the customer happy .working with others made the jobs simplier.
Pros
productive
Cons
working fulltime hour, not being concidered as a full time employee