Central Freight Lines

Central Freight Lines Employee Reviews

fun friendly environment
forklift operator (Former Employee), McAllen, TXApril 17, 2015
Go in at 7 am immediately get on forklift and start my day which is also one way to keep me busy and not stand around waiting for someone to tell me what to do. at this job I learned how to drive a tractor trailer and was never able to drive standard trucks, however they helped me learn as I went on I got more and more hang of what I was doing and quicker than I was before. I received my spotter certificate for backing up trailers to the dock that needed to be unloaded. co-workers were fun to talk and hang with made friends with everyone. hardest part of job was getting up every Monday at 3 am to go to work due trailers getting in early. Most enjoyable part of job was having somewhere I could say I was happy working at and waking up in the mornings to go to work. I need to stay busy and love to stay productive at any workplace no matter what.
Good Place to learn the basics
Account Executive (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Good learning work place
Cons: lack of training, pay, home work life
Good place to learn the basics. There is room for promotion but you have to be willing to work your butt off to get there. Its a who you know not what you know company
Productive and fun work place.
City Driver (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAFebruary 11, 2015
My day at work consist of me loading up my truck with freight in morning then get started on my route. Also throughout the day I get pickups while also doing deliveries. Working for Central I learned that good customer service means everything in the freight business. My co workers and supervisor are great people always willing to help when needed.
Very Interesting!
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2015
I found Human Resources very rewarding, able to apply organizational skills, public relations and communication skills with applicants and employees. Management was always available for guidance, co-workers always willing to help if necessary. The hardest part of the job was learning the guidelines and the most enjoyable part of the job was always learning and meeting people.
productive is good a nice place to work for
Mechanic/cdl diver (Former Employee), Waco, TXNovember 8, 2014
co-workers try to help every one to get the job done on time they seem to care about the company.
I got to travel all around the United States.
Line Haul Driver (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: see different states
A typical day at work started with waiting for dispatch. I learned new safety skills. The job had excellant management. The time spent around coworkers was very enjoyable. I cannot think of a particular hard part of this job as I enjoyed it so much. The conditions of this job were so overall pleasant whether I worked alone or with someone.
OK company
Local P&D Driver (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 2, 2014
Not steady on the hours. Pay fluctuated due to hour changes.
Driver
Driver (Former Employee), Hayward, CASeptember 23, 2014
Cons: why?
I was a Driver at Central Freight, and they fired me after 8 months for a minor accident. I have been a driver my entire life, and the way the they got rid of me was like they needed a sacrifice. I wonder if they are ruled by the devil.
keep looking
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Waco, TXAugust 18, 2014
A typical day at work is fast pasted. I didn't learn much, you have to teach your self. Supervisor very knowledgeable but also rude and run people off. Manager doesn't know much. Co-workers cool but most are old and messy. The hardest past of my job was actually going to work. I hated the atmosphere. I don't think I enjoyed anything. I worker there for 3yrs as a customer service rep that was part time. I think Central Freight needs new management. The team leaders are lazy. All of them accept one. They want help or don't know, very true. Supervisor tries to do everyone's job but her owns.They start you off at $11.00, which isn't bad. but it will never go up is the catch and you will only work a few hours.Bottom line they don't care about there employees, and people who work for them don't care and they never fight to keep good workers.If you interview and don't get, GREAT
Great place fun and energetic
Outbound Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston TexasJuly 23, 2014
Pros: the benefits
Cons: not knowing when you were getting off
A typical day was unloading freight from inbound truck and placing freight in proper location for distribution. Ensure all freight was loaded in correct trailers and load was secured. Ensured co-workers were using proper safety procedures unloading trailers hardest part was not knowing when you would be getting off. I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers
fun workplace
Dock Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 11, 2014
i get along great with all the employees
great place to work
the other supervisors treated the dock workers great
Ever changing workplace
Driver/Dock Worker (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2014
Pros: good pay, decent hours
Cons: short to no breaks
Unless assigned a set route, freight hauled and destinations are ever changing. This affords the driver the opportunity to learn multiple ways around the city or various other towns and cities delivered to. Work is primarily done alone.
wonderful company
Billing Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasJune 18, 2014
great place to work.. I walked away with a lot of knowledge and experience that I still utilize today
Work Hours Are Great
DOCK WORKER (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 29, 2014
Had time to balance family and work. Disliked that it was only part time.
Productive hard place to work
Hostler (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 30, 2014
A day at work would be moving semi trailers in and out of the bays so that they could be loaded and unloaded. Management was all right, hardest part of the job would have been the weather.
Laid back atmosphere with friendly coworkers
Outbound clerk (Current Employee), Van Buren, ARJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: very flexable
Cons: part-time
A typical day at work would be me arriving all drivers once they were back to the terminal and processing all their paperwork. After trailers are loaded I then create manifest for the nightly drivers.
The company can use some direction
P&D Lead driver/ Driver Instructor (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: new truck
Cons: lack of direction
There is opportunity for this location to be successful. I would choose to work ewlsewhere until this location has learned the value of the employees, customers, and the need to take care of the equipment.
job security
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: you have a job
Cons: night driving, teletruck, low wage.1099
Nice placed to work , but poor management ,If you want to be awake all night this is your placed , it is hard work especially with most of the equipment is in bad condition some times you are a mechanic-driver but if you want a simple job this is IT>
ok
Customer Service Rep/Receptionist (Former Employee), Ft. Worth, TXNovember 19, 2013
Not sure... It's been a while since I worked here. Everyone seemed to work well together
Collections and supervisor of billing
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Waco, TXOctober 29, 2013
Pros: good benifites
Cons: management
Good company to work for. The pay is good. I learned how to do billing, collections, Cronos, and accounts receivable

About Central Freight Lines

The Southwest, the Midwest, and the Northwest are all central to the business of Central Freight Lines, a leading regional less-than-truckload – Read more