Central Freight Lines

Central Freight Lines Employer Reviews

OK company
Local P&D Driver (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 2, 2014
Not steady on the hours. Pay fluctuated due to hour changes.
Driver
Driver (Former Employee), Hayward, CASeptember 23, 2014
Cons: why?
I was a Driver at Central Freight, and they fired me after 8 months for a minor accident. I have been a driver my entire life, and the way the they got rid of me was like they needed a sacrifice. I wonder if they are ruled by the devil.
keep looking
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Waco, TXAugust 18, 2014
A typical day at work is fast pasted. I didn't learn much, you have to teach your self. Supervisor very knowledgeable but also rude and run people off. Manager doesn't know much. Co-workers cool but most are old and messy. The hardest past of my job was actually going to work. I hated the atmosphere. I don't think I enjoyed anything. I worker there – more... for 3yrs as a customer service rep that was part time. I think Central Freight needs new management. The team leaders are lazy. All of them accept one. They want help or don't know, very true. Supervisor tries to do everyone's job but her owns.They start you off at $11.00, which isn't bad. but it will never go up is the catch and you will only work a few hours.Bottom line they don't care about there employees, and people who work for them don't care and they never fight to keep good workers.If you interview and don't get, GREAT – less
Great place fun and energetic
Outbound Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston TexasJuly 23, 2014
Pros: the benefits
Cons: not knowing when you were getting off
A typical day was unloading freight from inbound truck and placing freight in proper location for distribution. Ensure all freight was loaded in correct trailers and load was secured. Ensured co-workers were using proper safety procedures unloading trailers hardest part was not knowing when you would be getting off. I enjoyed working with all of my – more... co-workers – less
fun workplace
Dock Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 11, 2014
i get along great with all the employees
great place to work
the other supervisors treated the dock workers great
Ever changing workplace
Driver/Dock Worker (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2014
Pros: good pay, decent hours
Cons: short to no breaks
Unless assigned a set route, freight hauled and destinations are ever changing. This affords the driver the opportunity to learn multiple ways around the city or various other towns and cities delivered to. Work is primarily done alone.
wonderful company
Billing Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasJune 18, 2014
great place to work.. I walked away with a lot of knowledge and experience that I still utilize today
Work Hours Are Great
DOCK WORKER (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 29, 2014
Had time to balance family and work. Disliked that it was only part time.
Productive hard place to work
Hostler (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 30, 2014
A day at work would be moving semi trailers in and out of the bays so that they could be loaded and unloaded. Management was all right, hardest part of the job would have been the weather.
Laid back atmosphere with friendly coworkers
Outbound clerk (Current Employee), Van Buren, ARJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: very flexable
Cons: part-time
A typical day at work would be me arriving all drivers once they were back to the terminal and processing all their paperwork. After trailers are loaded I then create manifest for the nightly drivers.
The company can use some direction
P&D Lead driver/ Driver Instructor (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: new truck
Cons: lack of direction
There is opportunity for this location to be successful. I would choose to work ewlsewhere until this location has learned the value of the employees, customers, and the need to take care of the equipment.
job security
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: you have a job
Cons: night driving, teletruck, low wage.1099
Nice placed to work , but poor management ,If you want to be awake all night this is your placed , it is hard work especially with most of the equipment is in bad condition some times you are a mechanic-driver but if you want a simple job this is IT>
ok
Customer Service Rep/Receptionist (Former Employee), Ft. Worth, TXNovember 19, 2013
Not sure... It's been a while since I worked here. Everyone seemed to work well together
Collections and supervisor of billing
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Waco, TXOctober 29, 2013
Pros: good benifites
Cons: management
Good company to work for. The pay is good. I learned how to do billing, collections, Cronos, and accounts receivable
Dockworker/Forklift Driver
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAOctober 23, 2013
I would unload and load trailers making the products were all there and accounted for. Also making deadlines to make sure are customers recieve there package on time. Making sure none of the freight was damaged if so recouping the freight and making sure to take pictures and writing down the freight incase of any problems.
Good Company to work for.
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee), Pico Rivera, CASeptember 23, 2013
Pros: happy work environment.
Cons: most of the time worked through lunch and breaks.
Happy environment,everyone got along fine.always busy.I like being busy and with central freight i did everything in the freight business except for managing .
Production driven company
Dock supervisor (Former Employee), Irving txJune 21, 2013
Freight company Learned a lot being there, management was always punctual, coworkers were helpful and you could always depend on the people on your team.
Pretty good company
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 16, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no healthcare
Raises are nonexistent
Equipment is old
Management is experienced
Steady paced
Professional Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 27, 2012
Good benefits and a laid back place to work. I received my certification from working at thie place.
The job was okay just not many benefits.
P&D Driver (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXDecember 12, 2012
The hours were good. The management needed some help, but was fair in it's practices. Good co-workers, and the job itself was not that hard, just heavy.

About Central Freight Lines

The Southwest, the Midwest, and the Northwest are all central to the business of Central Freight Lines, a leading regional less-than-truckload – Read more