Central Freight Lines

Central Freight Lines Employer Reviews

Laid back atmosphere with friendly coworkers
Outbound clerk (Current Employee), Van Buren, ARJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: very flexable
Cons: part-time
A typical day at work would be me arriving all drivers once they were back to the terminal and processing all their paperwork. After trailers are loaded I then create manifest for the nightly drivers.
The company can use some direction
P&D Lead driver/ Driver Instructor (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: new truck
Cons: lack of direction
There is opportunity for this location to be successful. I would choose to work ewlsewhere until this location has learned the value of the employees, customers, and the need to take care of the equipment.
job security
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: you have a job
Cons: night driving, teletruck, low wage.1099
Nice placed to work , but poor management ,If you want to be awake all night this is your placed , it is hard work especially with most of the equipment is in bad condition some times you are a mechanic-driver but if you want a simple job this is IT>
ok
Customer Service Rep/Receptionist (Former Employee), Ft. Worth, TXNovember 19, 2013
Not sure... It's been a while since I worked here. Everyone seemed to work well together
Collections and supervisor of billing
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Waco, TXOctober 29, 2013
Pros: good benifites
Cons: management
Good company to work for. The pay is good. I learned how to do billing, collections, Cronos, and accounts receivable
Dockworker/Forklift Driver
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAOctober 23, 2013
I would unload and load trailers making the products were all there and accounted for. Also making deadlines to make sure are customers recieve there package on time. Making sure none of the freight was damaged if so recouping the freight and making sure to take pictures and writing down the freight incase of any problems.
Good Company to work for.
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee), Pico Rivera, CASeptember 23, 2013
Pros: happy work environment.
Cons: most of the time worked through lunch and breaks.
Happy environment,everyone got along fine.always busy.I like being busy and with central freight i did everything in the freight business except for managing .
Production driven company
Dock supervisor (Former Employee), Irving txJune 21, 2013
Freight company Learned a lot being there, management was always punctual, coworkers were helpful and you could always depend on the people on your team.
Pretty good company
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 16, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no healthcare
Raises are nonexistent
Equipment is old
Management is experienced
Steady paced
Professional Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 27, 2012
Good benefits and a laid back place to work. I received my certification from working at thie place.
The job was okay just not many benefits.
P&D Driver (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXDecember 12, 2012
The hours were good. The management needed some help, but was fair in it's practices. Good co-workers, and the job itself was not that hard, just heavy.
production and working hard
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Hayward, CASeptember 25, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
working really hard to make a living for my famlily sometime the work would come in late or on time and I would my papper work and go to work
overall I liked working for Central Freight lines
Pick up and delivery driver,Dock worker,dispatcher (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: above average pay for this area.
Cons: no real management or sales team, and the benefits were'nt very good.
I worked about 12 hours a day delivering and picking up all kinds of freight.I learned about the freight business and worked in office some too.I had the best boss I've ever had at Central Freight Lines,I suppose that's why I spent 11 years of my life there.They laid off all management and started managing our terminal out of Fort Worth,Texas so the – more... company really went downhill after that.My co-workers at Central Freight Lines were like an extended family,we all got along great.The hardest part of the job was the long hours.The best thing about this job was the pay and the people I worked with. – less
Fast pace work place and I love to move frieght.
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAAugust 2, 2012
Pros: the good attitudes the my co-workers would bring to work everyday.
Cons: health insurance, long hours and split days.
A typical day for me is about 13 to 15 hrs.
I learned alot, how to manage people with respect.
Management was a little rough but we came together and we worked everything out.
The hardest part of my job was to put everthing together and make my daily goals and inprove the goals that were given to me.
The most enjoyable part of my job was to watch me – more... and my co-workers grow within the company. – less
NEVER KNEW ONE DAY TO THE NEXT IF I WAS GOING TO GET TO WORK HAD TO BE CALLED OUT DAILY AT DIFFERENT TIMES
DOCKWORKER/ FORKLIFTDRIVER/DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee), Monroe, LAJuly 26, 2012
Pros: no bosses in monroe
Cons: went to work too late in the day to get anything accomplished
SOME DAYS I WOULD NOT WORK SOME DAYS I WOULD NOT GET 8 HOURS SOME WEEKS I WOULD ONLY WORK 2 DAYS THEY DID KEEP UP THEIR EQUIPMENT TRAILERS LEAKED HEATERS NOT WORKING IN TRACTORS GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK WITH NO PRESSURELIKED MOSTLY BEING MY ON BOSS
Productive workplace with great environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Waco, TXJuly 20, 2012
Pros: inbound call center.
Cons: short breaks, non paid holidays.
A Monday through Friday job which pays $11.00 per hour. Luckily to have weekends and holidays off.
Loved it there
P&D Driver (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 11, 2012
Great place to work, would love to go back to those days, I received my CDL, the hardest part was the crucial weather on the dock.

About Central Freight Lines

The Southwest, the Midwest, and the Northwest are all central to the business of Central Freight Lines, a leading regional less-than-truckload – Read more

Central Freight Lines Photos