Central Freight Lines

Central Freight Lines Employee Reviews

Its ok to work
Forklift Driver / Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2017
Great place to work for with excellent benefits and works well with the schedule. Wonderful company to work for temporary or direct hire. Wonderful people to work for.
ok
Dock Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAMarch 21, 2017
ok company to work for. Raises are hard to get. Everyone is helpful and nice. Equipment is hard to get when needed. New trucks for the driver and new forklifts for the dock.
Pros
good schedule
Cons
equipment issues
good company low pay
Operations Supervisor/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2017
good company if you can put up with low pay and no pay raises
Company uses a mix of owner ops and co drivers to run their linehaul operation and they are growing by buying smaller carriers.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
low pay
Production and workplace environment
Line Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2017
The place is ok, but every terminal I've gone to except for a few is not that great. The fun part was getting miles except for on Friday nights so it can be tough.
Pros
Making sure in getting the right trailers and security checking those
Cons
Not enough time to rest
Great learning environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2017
First LTL sales job out of college and it was very rewarding. If you work really hard you will learn a lot about the industry and will easily be able to further your carrier.
Okay job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 15, 2017
High turn over rate, you get comfortable in a department and then it ceases existence. The pay is decent and you have a slight chance of advancement. An okay place to work.
Generally pleasant atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Central was a nice place to work. Everyone was friendly and supportive. I learned a great deal about the trucking industry. It was a heavy volume call center dealing with a variety of people, some grumpy, but most were pleasant to talk to. At the end of the day you were able to leave the job and go home. .
Pros
Nice work/life balance
Cons
30 minute lunch and short breaks
Central freight lines
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2017
Shipping and receiving per customer orders. Completed and certified forklift training able to work forklift machine anytime
Dock Lead (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 17, 2017
Central Freight Lines is a great place to work for a variety of reasons; however foremost is their willingness to work with your life schedule. The management is very accommodating of changes in your situation, and very understanding that emergencies happen, especially when children are involved.
Productive and fun place to work in
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJanuary 15, 2017
I love working for this company. It's a productive safe teamwork environment. This was my first forklift job. I had no expirence so this is where I figured how to operate a forklift.
Pros
All breaks, lunches
Cons
No cons
Great Workplace
Outbound Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 12, 2017
Investigating and resolving shipping errors, freight damages, and discrepancies; This position is responsible for accurately and efficiently setting
Loved Working There
NETWORK TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 24, 2016
They were very much aware that we had lives outside the workplace. Very pleasant, Clean, and everyone worked together!
Pros
non-stressful
Cons
Average, no vertical growth.
Line Haul Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 10, 2016
The work environment is mediocre, however there is a developing team atmosphere that contains promise. Wages and benefits are at about the median for the industry.
Good job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 6, 2016
If I could work there again I would good job I like the hours good management good people friendly safe environment. Understing job simple but important jobs
good place to start in the freight business
Dock Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 12, 2016
The warehouse is an open warehouse with no AC/Heater, so you will have to dress accordingly for the weather. the production of this particular warehouse is very unorganized and i would not recommend you get a job here as it takes a very long time to get full time status and there are no pay raises, your pay rate is what you will be making unless you become salary
Pros
vending machines
Cons
no set work schedule, no set break times.
What a mess
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 27, 2016
I worked at Central Freight lines for app 6 years. I was in sales and then was transferred to San ANgelo as a terminal manger and then back to Ft Worth in sales. I won every contest there was while I was in sales and was never rewarded for my work. There are many many people there for their own personal gratification and the management is terrible. It is the most unorganized, unmanaged company that I have ever worked for.
Pros
I loved my sales job
Cons
Management is horrible
no over time but k job
City P&D Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2016
the work is easy but u never get over time they watch your hours just to send you home early Friday so you will not hit over time. Benefits are too expensive.
Not worth it.
driver (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CA 90660May 25, 2016
1980's forklift. Half of them didn't work properly. Dangerous dock workers. If you're looking to get injured on the job, this is the place.
Pros
$13.00 to start
Cons
Part time work / Dangerous equipment.
great place to work
Safety, maneuver fork lift and yard truck, (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXApril 15, 2016
load and unload trucks , great management ,co- workers were great to work with , job was not hard at all , I enjoyed the people I worked with
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 12, 2016
This company is selfish, the management thinks about themselves. The manager shows favoritism to all of the employees who have been with the company for a while. The trainer sucks she trains and shows you how to do things a certain way and when you do it she gets mad and tells you it is not right. This company is not at all promising very bad place to work.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Freight Lines. Our community is ready to answer.

57%