Central Intelligence Agency

Central Intelligence Agency Employer Reviews

Excellence
Imagery Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 21, 2014
Pros: opportunities
Cons: competetive
If you are looking for a place to make a difference, look no further.
Review
Mission Support Assistant (Former Employee), Mc Lean, VADecember 1, 2014
Last assignment I handled a lot of classified documents. The work environment was wonderful, co-workers were great.
Very challenging job
Information Technology Analsyt (Former Employee), Washington DcNovember 14, 2014
Overall experience was great. Had a chance to work with some interesting people.
Working at the Central Intelligence Agency was very productive.
Executive Administrator (Former Employee), Langley, VAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch., nice environment, etc.
The years I worked at the Central Intelligence Agency was very productive. Since this was the first job that I held - it was more of a learning experience.

With the knowledge that I did gain helped me to get where I am today.
Definite Adventure
Telecommunications Information Systems Officer (Former Employee), Langley, VAOctober 10, 2014
This was a great opportunity that I was happy to have experienced. The thrill of the adventure was great.
n/a
Leadership and Political Analyst (Current Employee), McLean, VASeptember 18, 2014
The substance of the work is enjoyable, but there is poor management and poor work-life balance.
Flexible job; enjoyable atmosphere
Field Researcher (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2014
Variety of clients and projects; management team supportive
Excellent
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 21, 2014
Excellent and challenging environment with great people.
Interesting career
Installed/ maintained/ equipment/ LAN (Former Employee), McLean, VAJune 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not able to dicuss work with others outside the agency.
Work was enjoyable do to the places lived and visited. Like anywhere some people were fun to be around at work and some not.
Not what you would expect
Facilities Operations Officer (Former Employee), HeadquartersMay 5, 2014
Pros: team oriented, pride in work, skills acquired, work life balance
Cons: management, reassignments
The agency is everything you wouldn't expect. The management style is severely lacking and it causes a lot of problems. People are reassigned constantly in positions they aren't qualified for which also causes havoc.

The office politics are very charged and can effect you easily. Stay on your toes.

Security is very tight and you will have a gun aimed – more... at your face at least once during your time an as employee here.

I did meet some very famous people during my 2 years here. No names of course, sorry.

Work/life balance is excellent as you can't take any work home with you. But you probably figured that out by now. – less
Great Environment
Contracting Officer/Business Advisor (Current Employee), Virginia, USAApril 10, 2014
Excellent Benefits, great work/life balance. Very stable environment
A great place to work to serve your country!
Polygraph Examiner (Current Employee), McLean, VAApril 8, 2014
The CIA offered many opportunities and challenges for professional growth and development. Working as an intelligence officer for the United States offered a great way to serve this country. The interviewing and interrogation skill sets learned here will be carried with me for the rest of my career.

The reason I am looking for a new employer is because – more... my wife recently received a job transfer to the Chicago, IL area. I look forward to serving my new employer with the same dedication and distinction that I served with as an employee for the CIA. – less
Got along well with co-workers
clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 31, 2014
Pros: lived close to job
Cons: tight security
Worked well with others, most enjoyable part of job was meeting new people, typical day at work was filing
Excellent government agency to work for.
Advertising Officer (Former Employee), Washington DC areaFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: excellent employees
Interesting work and excellent environment. Excellent coworkers. Very enjoyable.
Logistics Officer for Fed Govt
Logistics Officer (Former Employee), McLean, VAJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: varying responsibilities
Cons: bureaucratic and political within the ranks
I worked 33.5 years for this branch of the federal government. I enjoyed the work from my 1st day to my last (retirement). Many assignments of varying responsibility all provided progressive information leading to the next position.
Versatile
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 21, 2014
For me, the best part about working for the Agency is that the opportunities are almost endless.
An Administrative Support Assistant, who is proficient in diverse, executive-level and challenging office Environments.
Training Administrative Officer, Government (Current Employee), McLean, VAJanuary 14, 2014
Responsible for Training Administrative Officer Provides direct administrative support to the training department and instructors
Professional environment
Staff Operations Officer/Targeting Analyst (Former Employee), McLeanDecember 1, 2013
It depends on where you work, but for the most part everyone is professional and self motivated
An opportunity to serve your country.
Web Administrator (Former Employee), Langley, VANovember 6, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: lacks leadership.
It's very different. Basic / Flexible hours. Everything is discreet. Management is not that great. Co-workers are co-workers. If you would like an opportunity to serve your country, this is it.
My working day.
Administrative Support (Former Employee), McLean, VAOctober 5, 2013
Pros: i got to work with a lot of knowledgeable people.
Cons: dealing with the occasional difficult person.
I enjoy working as team member but also work well independently. I believe that working with associates is a great way of learning from each other. I'm a hard working, take pride in the work that I accomplish and do it in a timely manner. I like the challenge of learning new things, I'm a very 'hands on' type of person. The managers that I have worked – more... with have been very helpful and easy to talk with. The hardest part of my job was saying goodbye to those who moved to forwarding assignments and my last day of employment. – less

1 2 3