Central Intelligence Agency

Central Intelligence Agency Employer Reviews

Flexible job; enjoyable atmosphere
Field Researcher (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2014
Variety of clients and projects; management team supportive
Excellent
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 21, 2014
Excellent and challenging environment with great people.
Interesting career
Installed/ maintained/ equipment/ LAN (Former Employee), McLean, VAJune 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not able to dicuss work with others outside the agency.
Work was enjoyable do to the places lived and visited. Like anywhere some people were fun to be around at work and some not.
Not what you would expect
Facilities Operations Officer (Former Employee), HeadquartersMay 5, 2014
Pros: team oriented, pride in work, skills acquired, work life balance
Cons: management, reassignments
The agency is everything you wouldn't expect. The management style is severely lacking and it causes a lot of problems. People are reassigned constantly in positions they aren't qualified for which also causes havoc.

The office politics are very charged and can effect you easily. Stay on your toes.

Security is very tight and you will have a gun aimed – more... at your face at least once during your time an as employee here.

I did meet some very famous people during my 2 years here. No names of course, sorry.

Work/life balance is excellent as you can't take any work home with you. But you probably figured that out by now. – less
Great Environment
Contracting Officer/Business Advisor (Current Employee), Virginia, USAApril 10, 2014
Excellent Benefits, great work/life balance. Very stable environment
A great place to work to serve your country!
Polygraph Examiner (Current Employee), McLean, VAApril 8, 2014
The CIA offered many opportunities and challenges for professional growth and development. Working as an intelligence officer for the United States offered a great way to serve this country. The interviewing and interrogation skill sets learned here will be carried with me for the rest of my career.

The reason I am looking for a new employer is because – more... my wife recently received a job transfer to the Chicago, IL area. I look forward to serving my new employer with the same dedication and distinction that I served with as an employee for the CIA. – less
Got along well with co-workers
clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 31, 2014
Pros: lived close to job
Cons: tight security
Worked well with others, most enjoyable part of job was meeting new people, typical day at work was filing
Excellent government agency to work for.
Advertising Officer (Former Employee), Washington DC areaFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: excellent employees
Interesting work and excellent environment. Excellent coworkers. Very enjoyable.
Logistics Officer for Fed Govt
Logistics Officer (Former Employee), McLean, VAJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: varying responsibilities
Cons: bureaucratic and political within the ranks
I worked 33.5 years for this branch of the federal government. I enjoyed the work from my 1st day to my last (retirement). Many assignments of varying responsibility all provided progressive information leading to the next position.
Versatile
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 21, 2014
For me, the best part about working for the Agency is that the opportunities are almost endless.
An Administrative Support Assistant, who is proficient in diverse, executive-level and challenging office Environments.
Training Administrative Officer, Government (Current Employee), McLean, VAJanuary 14, 2014
Responsible for Training Administrative Officer Provides direct administrative support to the training department and instructors
Professional environment
Staff Operations Officer/Targeting Analyst (Former Employee), McLeanDecember 1, 2013
It depends on where you work, but for the most part everyone is professional and self motivated
An opportunity to serve your country.
Web Administrator (Former Employee), Langley, VANovember 6, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: lacks leadership.
It's very different. Basic / Flexible hours. Everything is discreet. Management is not that great. Co-workers are co-workers. If you would like an opportunity to serve your country, this is it.
My working day.
Administrative Support (Former Employee), McLean, VAOctober 5, 2013
Pros: i got to work with a lot of knowledgeable people.
Cons: dealing with the occasional difficult person.
I enjoy working as team member but also work well independently. I believe that working with associates is a great way of learning from each other. I'm a hard working, take pride in the work that I accomplish and do it in a timely manner. I like the challenge of learning new things, I'm a very 'hands on' type of person. The managers that I have worked – more... with have been very helpful and easy to talk with. The hardest part of my job was saying goodbye to those who moved to forwarding assignments and my last day of employment. – less
Productive and many areas for growth
Finance Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 31, 2013
The Agency is a good place to gain expertise in different areas and good source of networking.
Great workplace that provides as sense of duty as well as multiple opportunities in your career.
Finance and Operations Support Officer (Former Employee), Langley, VAJuly 18, 2013
Pros: good work environment and sense of duty.
Cons: have to move to the east coast and it is bureacratic.
A typical workday for a finance and operations support officer is a standard 8-5 work schedule. This all depends on the particular job, operation and location as this could obviously increase from time to time. It is all dependent on the particular set of goals at the time.

You learn to work with a variety of personnel during the course of your career. – more... From staffers to briefings to senior management.

Management, at least in the area of finance and support, is at times lacking. Like any office, I have had great managers and at others absolutely horrible.

The hardest part of the job is coming to grips that regulations basically outweigh common sense at times. Hey, it's the government.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the opportunities that the Agency offers and the sense of duty it can provide. It has in some offices, flexible schedules which are family friendly. You will also have the opportunity to travel abroad if that is one's goal. – less
Great national mission and cares for its employees
Policy Development and Business Case Development (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 17, 2013
Pros: great work, people oriented.
Great place to work with a sense of mission to defend the nation.
Seeking a career change
Analyst (Former Employee), McLean, VAJune 15, 2013
Pros: excellent job security and benefits
This place developed my research skills and taught me to be a better analyst. The hardest part of the job was finding the right fit for my skills and interests. I wanted to maximize my potential and be in a position of leadership. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I had the opportunity to travel, brief and manage projects.
Exciting and innovative atmosphere
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Northern VirginiaMay 26, 2013
Pros: helping my country, working with several ic agencies
I worked on several different worldwide targets and regions in offices that used military, economic, and financial analyses. As team leader during and after Desert Storm, I worked closely with military intelligence analysis offices and supported our troops on the ground. I also worked on countries during times of unrest and civil war, writing reports – more... to update officials on quickly escalating events.

I worked closely with my managers to provide them with reporting, coordination efforts with the military and different Intelligence Community offices, and feedback from our team's work. Some offices I worked in needed quick turnaround reporting, and others required longer and more in-depth research and analyses. I worked with several different teams and offices to provide research and reports to fit those requirements.

I enjoyed working with people from my offices, the military, and from other Intelligence Community agencies. I always considered our work to be a team effort for our country. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Langley VirginiaMay 23, 2013
Pros: enjoyable environment
Being an intern I was not able to have access to all items. I was provided with a secret clearance.

Very productive and enjoyable place to work. I enjoyed the interaction between coworkers.

1 2 3